2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Arccos 360 - (Updated 2.0 Version)

non user replaceable batteries so the sensor just dies? that sounds wack. hope they are rechargeable.

i've been using the original arccos for lack of a better option and it's super annoying. false positive strikes everywhere with wedges and often misses shots.

EF 10.5
EF 15
G425 19
P790 4-A
SM9 54, 58
Phantom X 5.5

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had the original Arccos for about 6 months and have been very pleased with it. My number one complaint is the sensor constantly comes loose from my driver, and I tighten it before every shot. I would also like to see a version that would combine the scores of multiple players using the system at the same time.

Arccos says they do not have an upgrade plan for existing users and that is disappointing, to me, as i think this is one of those things that the price is going to drop like a rock over a short period of time.

non user replaceable batteries so the sensor just dies? that sounds wack. hope they are rechargeable.

i've been using the original arccos for lack of a better option and it's super annoying. false positive strikes everywhere with wedges and often misses shots.

I used to get some false strike on wedges before the sensor firmware update earlier this year. But haven't had any since that came out.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

I used to get some false strike on wedges before the sensor firmware update earlier this year. But haven't had any since that came out.

I get more false strikes than I would like as well. I don't really have a problem when I walk, but when I take a cart I am always carrying a few clubs to my ball and run into an issue. Definitely better since the firmware, but still an issue.

I got my my new sensors yesterday via FedEx, signature required shipment so be prepared for that or have them held at a FedEx store, that's what I did and picked them up on the way home from work. I haven't got to try them out yet, probably will get to try them out Monday, Tuesday at the latest.

I am going to contact Arccos, I saw the batteries were guaranteed for 2 years but didn't know anything about having to buy a new sensor if the battery craps out. If that is the case I may be sending these back for a refund. I'll update after I hear back from them.

For those of you that have had loose sensors, I used GE black electrical tape and have had no tape residue issues, I have had the tape to harden up and get brittle, not sure how old my tape is but it works good and I'm not losing sensors anymore.

tried to play today with the new sensors...it was an awful experience. It's likely a problem with my Iphone 6 but I'm not sure. Been back and forth with Arccos support via email to no avail...a lot of them asking me to re-pair the sensors, restart the phone etc. Mine would haphazardly register a shot every now and then so technically they did work on a few occassions.

support thinks it's my phone mic that is the issue (this is how the new ones communicate via high frequency through the phone mic). That may be the case. I cleaned it and tried chipping in the backyard to no avail. Tried putting the app on my wife's phone (also an iphone 6) and that didn't work either.

I may go upgrade to an Iphone 7 and see if that works...probably need to anyway but I hate that there's no headphone jack on the new one.

Anyone else using the new sensors successfully? if so, what phone? Thanks

Here's the response I got from Arccos today on the new 360 sensors if the battery dies after the warranty.

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team. We are creating an opt-in extended warranty program for users of Arccos 360 and these details will be shared at a later date, but very soon. For a small fee we will replace the sensors for you when the batteries finally deplete 2+ years down the road.

If you have further questions, our number is (844)MY-ARCCOS (844) 692-7226. Our phone lines are open Monday-Friday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm EST. Or feel free to visit our support website

Have a wonderful day!!

I guess depending on the cost, I may opt out and return mine. I don't like that they don't have this hammered out yet, I guess I jumped the gun and bought mine before finding this out. I like being able to replace my battery when it dies, instead of contacting them to buy another and having to wait for another to be sent. Not worth the cost to upgrade in my opinion, mine original ones work just fine.

Here's the response I got from Arccos today on the new 360 sensors if the battery dies after the warranty.

Thank you for reaching out to the Arccos Golf Team. We are creating an opt-in extended warranty program for users of Arccos 360 and these details will be shared at a later date, but very soon. For a small fee we will replace the sensors for you when the batteries finally deplete 2+ years down the road.

If you have further questions, our number is (844)MY-ARCCOS (844) 692-7226. Our phone lines are open Monday-Friday 11:00 am to 5:00 pm EST. Or feel free to visit our support website

Have a wonderful day!!

I guess depending on the cost, I may opt out and return mine. I don't like that they don't have this hammered out yet, I guess I jumped the gun and bought mine before finding this out. I like being able to replace my battery when it dies, instead of contacting them to buy another and having to wait for another to be sent. Not worth the cost to upgrade in my opinion, mine original ones work just fine.

Dude, I had NO IDEA. This is just dumb!

• Cost - I doubt the "small fee" would be as low the battery cost.
  • Availability - I don't feel like shipping the sensors in and wait for new ones. I want to be able to change the batteries myself, reinstall, and play wit them the next day.
  • Availability2 - What if they phase out these sensors in a few years? I doubt they're going to give us new generation sensors without an upcharge. I like to keep my gadgets for a while and don't want to be forced into paying extra for newer items.

I received my sensors a couple of days ago and plan to try them out this weekend. However, this sounds like a deal breaker to me. I will likely return them within the 30d trial period.

I played 3 rounds with mine and they sucked, they failed to pick up a lot of shots. I don't mind carrying a phone in my pocket while I play as long as it's in the back pocket, they tended to rub my leg until it was sore in the front. I emailed them got an RA number and shipped them back, you have to do it on your dime as well, actually $10 to ship back priority mail.

I've played a lot of rounds with the original Arccos 240 + rounds and love them but the new ones just don't cut it for me. Arccos not even knowing what they would charge for the replacement of the sensors really just rubbed me the wrong way. I'll happily continue to use my original set.

I played 3 rounds with mine and they sucked, they failed to pick up a lot of shots. I don't mind carrying a phone in my pocket while I play as long as it's in the back pocket, they tended to rub my leg until it was sore in the front. I emailed them got an RA number and shipped them back, you have to do it on your dime as well, actually $10 to ship back priority mail.

I've played a lot of rounds with the original Arccos 240 + rounds and love them but the new ones just don't cut it for me. Arccos not even knowing what they would charge for the replacement of the sensors really just rubbed me the wrong way. I'll happily continue to use my original set.

That's disappointing to hear the new tech wasn't much of an improvement. I have the originals and was probably not going to upgrade any time soon, but I was hoping for a leap in version 2.0. The success of the product is obviously tied to improvements/expansion with the app and the dashboard for all users.

I was hesitant to pull the trigger on the original version due to some of the known issues, am a little more tempted by the release of this new version. I would not pre-order though, I'd be keen to wait and see whether the new GPS algorithm works as good as they have marketed it to. Reviews of the product will shed light on that in quick time I'd imagine.

Other issues, you couldn't switch from yards to meters, I wonder if that's fixed. Also a worry about the 2 year battery life but it does say "without a charge" so maybe the battery can be charged some how? Probably not likely though.

Guess I'll just wait and see what the early adopters think once they receive them.

Hi jackedhackman: Arccos now has a toggle that allows you to switch between yards and meters inside the app.

After playing a few rounds with Arccos 360, I've decided to return it.

The drawbacks I'm aware of:

• Battery - No it doesn't charge (to answer jackedhackman's question). After about 2-3 years, when the batteries do die, you need to ship the sensors to Arccos for a sensor or battery replacement. The battery replacement section of their protection plans is a joke. They offer to replace the batteries/sensors 3 years ($50 plan) or 4 years ($100 plan) from the date of purchase, since their batteries are already guaranteed for at least 2 years, which mean they'll likely last ~2-3yrs, this battery replacement offer in their protection plan is not going to extend it all that much. The plans do include free replacement of 3 or 7 lost of damaged sensors.
  • Phone Battery - I have an iPhone 6. Each round with the Arccos draws ~60% of the phone battery. I didn't do anything else with the phone other than fixing scores. Which brings me to...
  • Accuracy - They're advertising an improved algorithm and technology that "virtually removed the need to modify shots". Not true. For the 3 rounds I played, I had to modify the scores of 9-12 holes. Most of them were for removing extra putts or extra wedge shots I never took, and to add tab-ins that the putter sensor didn't pick up. Making those changes was easy and quick. However, if you expect to click "start" and forget it, don't expect Arccos to report the actual score you shot.

Overall, the system didn't tell me what I didn't already know. Hit more greens on approach and work on the short game inside 100 yds. The App and UI was nice, quick, and well designed. The sensor didn't impact my swing and wasn't intrusive at all.

Me: 9 Handicapper. Did not own the original Arccos. Almost never do practice swings before a shot, the ones I do take are to relax my arms and never impact the ground (shouldn't cause the sensor to record a shot).

• Accuracy - They're advertising an improved algorithm and technology that "virtually removed the need to modify shots". Not true. For the 3 rounds I played, I had to modify the scores of 9-12 holes. Most of them were for removing extra putts or extra wedge shots I never took, and to add tab-ins that the putter sensor didn't pick up. Making those changes was easy and quick. However, if you expect to click "start" and forget it, don't expect Arccos to report the actual score you shot.

The extra wedges is strange, usually with the original Arccos is the opposite (the technology has to filter out the practice shots, so if 2 shots happen a few yards apart it will count only the last one).

The missed putts sounds like the original one (it never bothered me because it takes the same time to update the paper scorecard or to add a putt on their app)

I wonder if the advertised extra accuracy is referred to the use of gps data for the ball position, but seemed to work pretty well in the original one.

Also, I would be curious to know how many rounds they expect the batteries to last. Assuming it's now possible to put to sleep the sensors when practicing in the driving range (not an option in the original one), depending how often you play the 2 years limit may not be a big issue. Still, personally when I buy a gadget I want to be the one who decides when it's obsolete

I initially had major problems but it turned out to be a bad gyroscope in my iphone. Got a new phone and they've worked great ever since. They do occassionally miss a shot but certainly no more than the original sensors and not having to constantly change batteries is a huge plus for me.

All in all, I'm quite happy with the new sensors. I did find that I have to remove my battery case if I want to carry in my back pocket but they worked well even in the case in the front pocket.

Finally played a full round with arccos 360. Pretty good as far as catching all shots. Only one hole it missed a wedge shot. Loved the lower profile but the new material on the sensors has me concerned. The original top of the sensors were rubber and these new ones are plastic. Below is an example of how the sensor looks resting at the bottom of the bag. Notice how easily it's scratched up. Initially I thought it was sand but can't wipe / clean that.

cbbd844056310bdfaea46e4709ab257f.jpg

I'll call arccos Monday and let them know / ask them if they are aware of this. I wonder if this will affect pairing / re-pairing sensors if all scratched up.

Anyone else seeing this? My buddy has the android arccos 360, as a beta tester, and 9 holes in, the app drained his phone dead. He had 95% starting the round. He also has a galaxy s7 edge.

Overall, good direction but not perfect, especially since they say you need to replace the unit when changing battery. Since driver, wedge and putter are mostly used, those batteries would be first to go I assume. Worries me too.

Subbed so I can follow for opinions and updates.. just bought the 360 version, paired it up and went and played 9 holes yesterday afternoon. Had to edit the shots at least four holes out of the 9... I think it was because I had my iPhone7 in my back pocket and not the front pockets from what I'm reading??? The stats are great post round, that i really like...

PING G425 Max       10.5* Tensei  AV Blue 60 gram X flex
PING G425 Max       16.5* TD AD TP 80 gram X flex
PING G425 19*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING G425 22*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING i230                  5-PW     w/ PX LZ 6.0 Black out shafts (+ 1/4”)
Titleist SM 9 raw        50*/54*/58* PX LZ 6.0  Black out shaft (+ 1/4”)

Odyssey                     AI One  Seven CH

BULLPEN

TM Rossi   M-21 Reserve and Odyssey Tri Hot      5k Seven CH   

I had the original version of the Arccos sensors which I got as a gift, and they absolutely never worked. Returned those and got the Arccos 360. They're garbage. The idea is fantastic but the execution is abysmal. Shots failing to register, shots registering 3 or 4 times, missed holes, etc. Today one of the sensors snapped into 4 pieces during a shot and flew everywhere. Found three of the 4 pieces and I'm sending it all back. I hope they can work out their issues in the future but the tech just isn't there yet.

Taylormade M1 440, Fujikura Atmos TS Black 70 TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade M2 Tour T3 12*, Atmos TS Black 80TX Tipped 1.75"
Taylormade P7-TW 3-PW, DG TI X100
Vokey SM7 56.14F / 60.12D, DG S400
Byron Morgan 615

I don't use Arccos anymore, but I never really had the types of problems I'm hearing you all are having. Yeah, it occasionally missed a shot, but I stopped using more because I focused on-course on making sure it was tracking correctly instead of my game. Phone was always in my back pocket.

Real bummer if they put out this 2.0 product that may work worse than the original. Trouble pattern at least with guys here...

I've got over 150 rounds on the original Arccos System and don't have too many complaints. Sure it does miss the odd shot and especially short little tap ins but I check quickly after each hole. Learning to carry clubs with the grip down (saves battery) and not to bang clubs together if carrying a few clubs has helped. I have found the yardages are very accurate as I usually check my round after and it sure shows where I was accurately. I've also learned that if I chunk a shot around the green that it may not register the 2nd shot so have to edit but that doesn't take much time. Battery issue hasn't been a huge problem except for the driver, putter and pw which are the ones used the most. I also unscrew the sensor when on the practice range or practice putting green which also helps preserve battery time. Hearing some of the problems is interesting and I just think that some people want the absolute perfect system but learning how it works and how to deal with the small problems makes it very good. I'm thinking of giving the 360 system a try and see if it's any better than the original. Being able to send it back within 30 days is good enough to give it a try and if it isn't as good or better than the original then back it goes.

One problem that I have had that hasn't been resolved is losing bluetooth on my Apple Watch when using the Arccos system. It will drop bluetooth up to a half dozen times during a round and that is a pain. Arccos says they have had no other reports of this but the only time it will drop out is when I'm using the system. Just went 3 weeks without playing and no drops but today it dropped 5 times.

Just got mine in a few days ago and have played 3 rounds now. I have not a single complaint, mine have been flawless and read perfectly. I do have a 7plus iPhone so maybe that helps since its a new phone too? I leave my phone on the charger before I get to the course and when I am done I have only lost about 20% battery life which is really amazing. I bought the pack with the Power Pack and haven't even used that yet. But I am sure it would be good to have on 2 round days. Another plus is I no longer use my range finder, my watch has the app as well and reads the distance front/back/middle and recommended club. My only wish were it to read swing tempo. I don't want to have a Zepp sensor going to just to see my tempo while playing too.

Bummed to hear people aren't having a great experience with them. I really have enjoyed it so far.

Just got mine in a few days ago and have played 3 rounds now. I have not a single complaint, mine have been flawless and read perfectly. I do have a 7plus iPhone so maybe that helps since its a new phone too? I leave my phone on the charger before I get to the course and when I am done I have only lost about 20% battery life which is really amazing. I bought the pack with the Power Pack and haven't even used that yet. But I am sure it would be good to have on 2 round days. Another plus is I no longer use my range finder, my watch has the app as well and reads the distance front/back/middle and recommended club. My only wish were it to read swing tempo. I don't want to have a Zepp sensor going to just to see my tempo while playing too.

Bummed to hear people aren't having a great experience with them. I really have enjoyed it so far.

Yours hasn't scratched up? Mine is beat up after one round.

After two rounds... mine has already started scuffing up. I have done nothing but place and remove them from the golf bag, never laid one club down on either round. Also had to edit shots and putts on the second round as well, then the final straw was the dashboard only showed the first two holes... black screen on the shot breakdown from hole three on. I rerquested a refund on Amazon this morning and will be pulling the sensors off tonight when I get home from work. I really wanted this to work for me...

PING G425 Max       10.5* Tensei  AV Blue 60 gram X flex
PING G425 Max       16.5* TD AD TP 80 gram X flex
PING G425 19*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING G425 22*         Tensei CK Blue 80 gram X Flex

PING i230                  5-PW     w/ PX LZ 6.0 Black out shafts (+ 1/4”)
Titleist SM 9 raw        50*/54*/58* PX LZ 6.0  Black out shaft (+ 1/4”)

Odyssey                     AI One  Seven CH

BULLPEN

TM Rossi   M-21 Reserve and Odyssey Tri Hot      5k Seven CH   

After two rounds... mine has already started scuffing up. I have done nothing but place and remove them from the golf bag, never laid one club down on either round. Also had to edit shots and putts on the second round as well, then the final straw was the dashboard only showed the first two holes... black screen on the shot breakdown from hole three on. I rerquested a refund on Amazon this morning and will be pulling the sensors off tonight when I get home from work. I really wanted this to work for me...

I called up arccos about the scratches and they said it won't affect anything / give issues with pairing. With that said, I never had a problem with the software portion of it. So I'm going to be keeping it. I have the original arccos to a buddy. He's loving it.