Refinish help...

teeituphigh ·  
teeituphighteeituphigh Head Professional - Hastings Golf Club, NZHastings, New ZealandMembers  1215WRX Points: 133Posts: 1,215 Platinum Tees
Ok...so....I want to flame my Studio Select Squareback and repaint it after.

I have done a select already but wasnt happy with how the paint worked but after reading on this site i have seen that some people are using paint pens. Can someone post a picture of the ones that they have used so i can try and locate some here in lil' old New Zealand!

Also, will a standard butane torch work to torch the putter?

Cheers for the help!
Posted:

Comments

• MizunoBobMizunoBob Members  4WRX Points: 0Posts: 4
    Hi...

I use Markal paint pens to fill in lettering, etc. They have a website: markal.com (Ping uses these to fill in the lie colors I believe). Many retail outlets carry the pens as well.

I use powder painting to paint the club heads - makes a nice even coat.

Regards,

Bob
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SterlingSterling Members  187WRX Points: 0Posts: 187
    When Torching, I use a propane torch. Works very well and only takes about 15 minuets.
    Posted:
  • raddawgraddawg Members  312WRX Points: 0Posts: 312
    After you torch it, do you let it cool naturally or cool it quickly with water?
    Posted:
  • lewis901lewis901 Members  34WRX Points: 0Posts: 34
    there are a few things you can do aftr torching it for about 15 mins, you can quench it which is soak it cold water quickly and it will have a nice turn out or if you want to go darker, you can spray some WD-40 on it and it turns a darker colour.. when u spray with with this or soak it, make sure you wipe off all the excess water or oil so you dont get spots i just did my circa with a bit of WD-40 and it turned out amazing! hope this helps
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.