Scotty JAT

doche ·  
dochedoche Members  70WRX Points: 55Posts: 70 Bunkers
So I did a little research with the search function but I was hoping to get some insight into the JAT.

What finishes does it come in? How many were released? Why are prices fairly moderate $300-350? Any other info on this model would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Posted:

Comments

• EJ MacEJ Mac Getting Closer Members  3019WRX Points: 1Posts: 3,019 Titanium Tees
    I believe it only came in Gun Blue, can't remember how many were made. They retain their value because they are a pretty popular model among Cameron fans.
    Posted:
    Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
    RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
    909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
    5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
    Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
    34" C&L 355g Beached
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • boss playaboss playa Boss of the moss Members  227WRX Points: 0Posts: 227
    i have one and it is now completely covered in rust it looks awesome. I play at an oceanside course.
    Posted:
  • zzmkdwzzmkdw Members  644WRX Points: 0Posts: 644
    I have one in black that i bought used a couple of years ago. Mine says "Inspired by Sergio Garcia" on the bottom, which i was told is a little more rare. I heard something like 5000 of the JATs were made and 2500 of the Sergio models. It is a fairly popular head style and i have seen them go for upwards of $500, but now they can probably be had in $300-350 range. Even Cameron isn't immune from the sagging economy.
    Posted:
  • El Travo 14El Travo 14 Members  14WRX Points: 0Posts: 14
    I think Scotty made a bunch of the JAT's "Just a Thought".. Not all of them look alike however.. I've seen a couple different versions and some look a lot more like a Studio #5 than a Del Mar 3.5.. The Sergio Version looks pretty much identical to the 3.5 but its a pro plat and the JAT's are nomrally Gun Blue
    Posted:
  • xxioxxio Cebu, PhilippinesMembers  5836WRX Points: 291Posts: 5,836 Titanium Tees
    JAT is slightly different from the Del Mar 3.5/IBSG.

The DelMar 3.5 has the rear flange of mallet fairly uniformly shaped. IIRC the JAT has a little more weight towards the toe area matching a more gated stroke.
    Posted:
  • zzmkdwzzmkdw Members  644WRX Points: 0Posts: 644
    xxio wrote on Jan 26 2009, 08:30 PM:
    JAT is slightly different from the Del Mar 3.5/IBSG.

The DelMar 3.5 has the rear flange of mallet fairly uniformly shaped. IIRC the JAT has a little more weight towards the toe area matching a more gated stroke.

I had to go dig mine out and look at it, haven't touched it in at least a year. Mine does not say 'Inspired by Sergio Garcia" as I originally posted. You are correct, it looks nothing like the Del Mar 3.5. Mine just says "Sergio Garcia" under the JAT crown on the sole. I'll try to snap some pics tomorrow when the light is better.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dochedoche Members  70WRX Points: 55Posts: 70 Bunkers
    Anyone want to sell there JAT?

image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
    Posted:
  • mac94mac94 Banned  6321WRX Points: 1Posts: 6,321 BST Banned
    There are always some on ebay.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.