Evnroll Putters-- Amazing!!!

Gear effect with a putter is a physical impossibility. By the time a ball starts rolling, which happens shortly after impact, friction has already negated any marginal effects that were applied at impact. I guess there is no limit to the claims that will be made to sell a putter. I'm not surprised the return policy is so strict.

I went to their website out of curiosity. No specs for loft and lie that I could find. I'm guessing these putters have very low loft like other Rife putters. Another reason to be cautious in case low loft doesn't fit your stroke.

[i]The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. -Bob Dylan[/i]
[i]Everything is dust in the wind. -Kansas[/i]

Getting sick of reading this putter is better than that putter, blah, blah, blah. There just isn't much going on with a putter, it's a hunk of metal on the end of a shaft being stroked at very minimal speed (grooves, no grooves, doesn't matter). It comes down to the person utilizing the putter and more importantly his/her green reading abilities (or lack thereof). Just look at the best putters in the world and the variety of tools they've made work. All that said, I'm totally about the hunt for the magic blade via trial and error, just don't buy into the hype these companies are pedaling.

What is the purpose of this post?

You are a fool if you don't think that the right tool enables a good craftsman to be even better, just as you would be a fool to think that a poor craftsman will become a good one simply by getting a better tool.

If reading other people's opinions on the relative merits of new equipment makes you "sick", you should probably find another forum to prowl - this one seems to be geared toward people who enjoy discussing that sort of thing.

Or maybe you think you are the only one who can tell the difference between what the company/reviewers say and what you feel with your hands, so you are doing a public service by pissing in everyone else's beer?

Titleist 910D2 Rombax X-type 60-S, A1 setting
Titleist 910F2 15, Rombax X-type 70-S, D1 setting
Titleist 910H 19, Rombax 8D07 S, D1 setting
Ping S56, KBS Tour 120S, 3-W
Ping Tour S 52/12, KBS Tour 120S
Ping Tour S 58 TS, KBS Tour 120S
Scotty Newport Fastback custom shop, 34", jumbo Scotty grip
Titleist Player 4 bag

Gear effect with a putter is a physical impossibility. By the time a ball starts rolling, which happens shortly after impact, friction has already negated any marginal effects that were applied at impact. I guess there is no limit to the claims that will be made to sell a putter. I'm not surprised the return policy is so strict.

I went to their website out of curiosity. No specs for loft and lie that I could find. I'm guessing these putters have very low loft like other Rife putters. Another reason to be cautious in case low loft doesn't fit your stroke.

I am not a physicist, so I am not touching anything about gear effect, because it would be over my head. I know the putter works for me, and works well.

As for the specs they are listed on each putter page. Below is the ER1. As for loft, you are correct no one loft fits every individual. When playing without grooves, I played a putter with 6-7 degrees of loft because of my forward press that got me back to 3-4 of loft without grooves(which is what is needed when you don't have grooves) That would normally get the ball out of it;s depression instead of digging into the ground and squirting offline.

What I noticed with most grooved putters is that to stop the "squirting" I needed less loft, this is not all, but most.

ER1 Blade – a classic heel-toe weighted flange blade.

Specifications:

• CNC Milled in Carlsbad, California USA

• Head Material – 303 stainless steel

• Color – Silver satin finish

• Shaft Lengths & Head Weights– 35’@355g, 34”@370g, 33”@385g

• Face Loft – 2 degrees from the shaft

• Lie Angle – 71 degrees

• Stock Grip – Custom Winn ProX 1.18

• Length – Measured from center of leading edge

• Balance – 20 degrees toe down

• Shaft – FST stepless, .370” tip

• Shafting – Single bend mounted directly into the head

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

For anyone riding the fence should know that they offer a pretty decent return policy ..I believe they give you a week to try it out

If you don't like it you can return it for a refund ...

A week isn't exactly a large window in this part of the country for much of the year.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Really? You honestly have no clue what you are talking about. I will tell you that grooves grab the ball and lift it creating launch. This is the reason why putters with grooves will have less loft. I would imagine 2 degrees of loft with grooves would be about equal to 3 or 4 degrees of loft you would see on a straight milled scotty cameron type putter.

Getting sick of reading this putter is better than that putter, blah, blah, blah. There just isn't much going on with a putter, it's a hunk of metal on the end of a shaft being stroked at very minimal speed (grooves, no grooves, doesn't matter). It comes down to the person utilizing the putter and more importantly his/her green reading abilities (or lack thereof). Just look at the best putters in the world and the variety of tools they've made work. All that said, I'm totally about the hunt for the magic blade via trial and error, just don't buy into the hype these companies are pedaling.

What is the purpose of this post?

You are a fool if you don't think that the right tool enables a good craftsman to be even better, just as you would be a fool to think that a poor craftsman will become a good one simply by getting a better tool.

If reading other people's opinions on the relative merits of new equipment makes you "sick", you should probably find another forum to prowl - this one seems to be geared toward people who enjoy discussing that sort of thing.

Or maybe you think you are the only one who can tell the difference between what the company/reviewers say and what you feel with your hands, so you are doing a public service by pissing in everyone else's beer?

The purpose was to pump the brakes on the ridiculous claims of another 'magic' flatstick. Thanks for asking.

PING i20 10.5*

Adams a7 19*, 22*

Maltby TS3 Forged 5-9

Vokey SM7 46F, 52F, 58M

PING BeCu Anser

Srixon QST

Really? You honestly have no clue what you are talking about. I will tell you that grooves grab the ball and lift it creating launch. This is the reason why putters with grooves will have less loft. I would imagine 2 degrees of loft with grooves would be about equal to 3 or 4 degrees of loft you would see on a straight milled scotty cameron type putter.

Really? You honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Grooves that "grab the ball and lift it"? If I have a fast downhill six footer and just tap it hard enough to reach the hole, you expect me to believe that grooves will grab the ball and lift it, launching it one or two degrees higher than any other straight milled putter would under the same conditions? No I don't believe that. If the manufacturer specs say two degrees loft, that's what you get. If you want to believe those grooves do something special... like grabbing and lifting the ball or like gearing the ball back to center so the ball will curve to the hole... that's fine. Just don't expect me to understand why you believe those things.

[i]The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind. -Bob Dylan[/i]
[i]Everything is dust in the wind. -Kansas[/i]

Good interview with Guerin here about the putters.

http://www.golfpunkhq.com/equipment/article/evnroll-a-revolutionary-putter-design

Driver: PING G430 MAX 10K 9 Mitsubishi Diamana WB 43X
Fairway Wood: Provisionally PXG 0311 Gen 6 at 15.75 Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S
Hybrid: PXG 0311 Gen6 19 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8S
Hybrid: PXG 0311 Gen6 22 Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 8S

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen6 5-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95S

Wedge: Ping S159 50 S, 54 H, 60 T
Putter: Odyssey Tri-Hot 7 CH 34 inches
Ball: Titleist AVX

• 1 month later...

As mentioned early in one post, the ER5 Hatchback (odyssey #7 look alike) has a very high pitched sound which is a borderline deal-breaker. Like the look and feel, but not the sound. Any ideas on how to deaden that sound? I've thought about trying to fill in the chambers on the sole with something like epoxy. Any thoughts?

Cally AI Smoke TD 9 Ventus Black 6x
Sim 16.5 Ventus Black 7x
Titeist TSi3 18 Hybrid GD Tour AD IZ 85x
Srixon ZX7 Mkii 4-PW DG TI 120 X100
Vokey SM9 50/54/60
TM Spider X Tour Stability Shaft

ProV1

What's the story with these putters and the company? I really hadn't heard a thing about them until I got an email today from MGS about "the best putter we've ever tested (game- changing technology)". Well, color me intrigued, but the MGS review reads like a infomercial more than an unbiased review.

I read that article and I call B.S. I generally like MGS and have donated money to them before, but the article was crap. "The ball curves toward the hole." Nope, sorry, I don't buy putters that defy physics because that just tells me the source isn't credible. I expect MGS to endorse the Overspin putter next. Talk about a credibility free fall.

It makes me wonder if MGS was paid for that "review."

Edit - Now that I think of it, Guerin Rife is on his 3rd putter company. Each one had so-called revolutionary technology. Yeah, that or a marketing champ pulling the levers.

You are correct sir, so only if you hit the ball dead center or way off center will the ball roll straight ? In other words if you hit the ball slightly off center were the grooves morph it's going to curve? I was thinking that if my path, face angle and pace were good and I hit it slightly off center it's going to curve and miss the cup right? Like you I'm having a really hard time buying this.

Can't get past the sound. Reminds me of an aluminum baseball bat.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my Evnroll and wow! I know putters can only have so much technology, but this one is really good. I have liked groove technology on putters for awhile and these are by far my favorite. The ball really comes off w/ great feel. I don't really know much about specs w/ these, but all I know is that I like what I see (and feel).

As mentioned early in one post, the ER5 Hatchback (odyssey #7 look alike) has a very high pitched sound which is a borderline deal-breaker. Like the look and feel, but not the sound. Any ideas on how to deaden that sound? I've thought about trying to fill in the chambers on the sole with something like epoxy. Any thoughts?

Sound can def. be a deal breaker on putters. Maybe they'll come out w/ some new models by the PGA Show. I think these grooves are worth waiting to see if another model comes out that you like.

I know sound and feel of putters is just as debatable as blades and cb's. To me, the sound of my evnroll sounds like a steel putter. If I wanted less sound, then I would get a putter with an insert.

I think a lot of people would be able to get comfortable with a putter, driver, any club that sounds different with practice. People have been perceiving sound as "feel", when that is not the entire picture. Part of the picture, yes.

Have Fun - Ready Golf - Repair Divots/Marks - FORE

Rolled a few of these yesterday and was very impressed. The GR1 did feel better than the GR5 but it wasn't an obnoxious sound or anything. The lines of each model are very clean, I hope to see more of these to come.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Went into the store looking for another bettinardi. I've gamed probably 20 putters in the last two seasons. Left with the evnroll hatchback. I was actually so skeptical I called my buddy to have him meet me at the store. Wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. He also bought the putter and we've been gaming them since they dropped. No intentions of changing I haven't putted this well or had a putter that felt so natural in years. Fwiw, this thing is awesome and if you're skeptical just know it's working out great for me and my buddy

would love to try one. what would be the recomended model for a SBST stroke? does the milling make a diff? never used a milled with grooves putter before

Yes and yes

can anyone comment on the evnroll grips. are they slightly counterbalanced, do you like them, winn vs pistol evnroll grips, and any other grips on the market that would be similar. just wondering if most are loving the stock grips or switching them out to their favorite grip. if i buy previously owned and it comes without the stock grip just wondering if i should reorder the stock grip or go with something different yet similar in weight

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

can anyone comment on the evnroll grips. are they slightly counterbalanced, do you like them, winn vs pistol evnroll grips, and any other grips on the market that would be similar. just wondering if most are loving the stock grips or switching them out to their favorite grip. if i buy previously owned and it comes without the stock grip just wondering if i should reorder the stock grip or go with something different yet similar in weight

There is counterbalancing. Also, the different length putters have different head weights as well. A call or email to Evnroll will probably be able to provide the exact specs.

I prefer the size and feel of the Evnroll Winn grip over SuperStroke Slim 1 and Flatso 1. Even though I am not a fan of the grip color, I have no plans to change it out. YMMV.

I'm loving the grip. I've never used a Winn putter grip before but I really like it so far. I believe there are 30 grams of counterbalanced weight, but the website should be able to confirm.

I can't speak to any of the claims about the putter's "technology" but it's good looking, feels great and puts a great roll on the ball. I have Er2.

Ping G 400 Max 9 degree w/ Proforce VTS Black 7s
Cobra F7 14.5 degree w/ Elements Chrome 7s
Cleveland Classic 18 degree hybrid w/ Fuji Fuel 95s
4-PW Srixon 585 and 785 AW w/ nippon modus 120,
Cleveland RTX4 54 and 58 w/ nippon modus 125 wedge shaft
Putter: Evnroll ER2 35'
Ball: TM TP5x or Pro V1x

So is the counterbalancing in the shaft or are we saying that Winn has a CB grip?

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

I've emailed their putter department because i'm curious as well when it comes to counterbalancing. I would guess the additional weight is added to shaft, but wouldn't be surprised to see grip manufacturer contract with evnroll to put the weight in the grip. The standard winn 1.18 does not have the addtional weight, but the grip made specifically for evnroll may. i'll wait to see their response unless someone can clarify who has experience with this putter

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

In another thread, someone contacted evnroll about a lefty option. The response was something along the lines of, "no left-handed option currently". Hopefully they can get something out next year for the southpaws. At the price point, they would get more business offering lefty putters as well.

In another thread, someone contacted evnroll about a lefty option. The response was something along the lines of, "no left-handed option currently". Hopefully they can get something out next year for the southpaws. At the price point, they would get more business offering lefty putters as well.

Maybe. They'd have to look at the % of lefty players in general vs their costs/revenue, and determine if it's worth investing in lefty castings.

I'd really hope they would because I'd buy one immediately.

Just an FYI, I emailed them a question about my putter, and did not receive a repsonse after a couple days. I eventually called them, and they were very helpful and polite. It sounds like a small operation, though in this day and age I know not everyone is patient and wants immediate repsonses.

Maybe Guerin is starting small to see if his new putter line is successful? Spending tons of money on marketing, customer service, and offering lots of options on the putters is very expensive for a start-up.