2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Swizbeatz WITB new byron and M2 tour page 5

How would you compare the ball flight of the DF to the standard head?

Didn't hit the standard head enough to give accurate info on that, I just like the way it frames the ball a lot more and as mentioned the deeper face gives me more confidence off the tee. If I was in the 15* range it probably wouldn't be as big a deal but with 17.5* it helps hide the loft a little. Picked it up Monday and played all 5 days this week, 915 was handed over to my buddy after the second round.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Shot a personal best Wednesday, put it on my nemisis hole with the m2 3 wood in 2. Used the tour stock arm lock although I really only made one putt outside 5 feet. Really like the 20/24 hybrid setup over the 23/27, the 20 puts me in some much better spots on shorter holes at my home course. The 27 was basically just a 210 par 3 club and I still didn't score well on those holes. Got one of the absolute biggest screw jobs of a bounce that cost me 1 shot, 66.

15 at my course has a tree in the right rough that overhangs part of the fairway. One of the top 3-4 hardest greens to hit it close, room left but always try to hit the fairway to set up second shot. Usually fly about 20 short of the tree and end up even with it, as long as I don't hit behind the trunk I'm fine. Hit it about 40 feet left of trunk almost in center of fairway, pured. Everyone says good shot, picking up tee, hear the faintest sound of tree. Think oh well, small branches on the outside of tree had to just drop down in the fairway. Get up there and it had somehow kicked straight right 15 yards and was unplayable in a crevice in the trunk. Took a drop, missed an 8 footer for par, and technically I guess I've still never hit 18 greens. Whack huh? Still the best I've ever hit the ball.

Nice Swiz! 66 is LOW!

That bounce sounds like the golf gods were just toying with you.

I got my deep face M2 the other day, but have not had it on the course yet. It's got a smaller and tighter profile from address, which is a bonus I didn't expect. I'm playing it at 42.25" and it feels just right. It's the 3HL, but the actual loft is 17*, which was giving just the right trajectory on the range the other day.

Nice Swiz! 66 is LOW!

That bounce sounds like the golf gods were just toying with you.

I got my deep face M2 the other day, but have not had it on the course yet. It's got a smaller and tighter profile from address, which is a bonus I didn't expect. I'm playing it at 42.25" and it feels just right. It's the 3HL, but the actual loft is 17*, which was giving just the right trajectory on the range the other day.

Mines 17.8*, 3 open. Started at 43" and will leave it there for now, long compared to my previous 3 woods. You still playing? I'm gonna go out tomorrow in 40* and from the looks of things that will be it this year.

• 3 weeks later...

It's interesting how they didn't paint the hosel area white on the DF compared to the stock version.

Looks better IMO.

I like that as well.... Had a chance to get comfortable with it yet? Feedback?

Callaway Paradym X 10.5  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T22 RAW 53/57 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

It's interesting how they didn't paint the hosel area white on the DF compared to the stock version.

Looks better IMO.

I like that as well.... Had a chance to get comfortable with it yet? Feedback?

Played 5-10 rounds with it I think at the end of the year, results were very good. Gave my 915 to a buddy for Xmas. The open face angle is great, the deeper face frames the ball better on a tee with almost 18* of loft than the 915 did.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been playing sim golf once or twice a week, been going well. Have some serious work to do on my swing, the golfzon sims save a face on every time and my lower body collapses forward so bad. Still kept it under 80 in a few outdoor 2017 rounds and around par in the sim.

Going to a callaway launch party next week and planning on a quick driver shootout just after. Have a 125, DI, GP, and TP ready to go in my ping and will hit the new TM and epic as well.

Ho'ing a bunch of accessories and unnecessary s*** due to winter time. Trying Miura wedges but at least I grabbed the all important lob wedge first instead of ordering a full set right off the bat, 59 C

I've been playing sim golf once or twice a week, been going well. Have some serious work to do on my swing, the golfzon sims save a face on every time and my lower body collapses forward so bad. Still kept it under 80 in a few outdoor 2017 rounds and around par in the sim.

Going to a callaway launch party next week and planning on a quick driver shootout just after. Have a 125, DI, GP, and TP ready to go in my ping and will hit the new TM and epic as well.

Ho'ing a bunch of accessories and unnecessary s*** due to winter time. Trying Miura wedges but at least I grabbed the all important lob wedge first instead of ordering a full set right off the bat, 59 C

I'm really interested in that TP. Be sure to post your thoughts after the shootout!

Nelly, saw your fitting post, movin it out there! Not quite as fast as the guy in the sim next to me who was bitching about topping out at 199 BS but still fast lol!

I think I'm going to throw KBS tour in the personal 2's, have a set of mp5s with them and they seem to work well. I've wanted to stick with Nippon but needing more launch and spin it makes sense that the KBS would work well. I noticed a lot higher launch and much less left curve in the rounds I played with them.

Which color would you guys go with? The head are such bright chrome I'm thinking of white or black rather than the satin pearl silver.

KBS Tours will give you more launch and spin and feel smooth too. I have them in my wedges and they really launch it up there. I think there is a black nickel color KBS Tour shaft that I think look cool. They are not jet black, but kind of in between the shiny chrome and jet black.

I only see the white, black, silver on their website, anything else I'm missing?

Hit a bucket of balls today and it went pretty well, was doing the "freeze" drill Qmany talks about in his thread.

The Black Nickel are on eBay if you don't want the jet black.

The first pic shows the three pics from Putter Lounge. I think the pic shows the three colors available, but I'm just doing Google image searches!!! ;) :)

The other pics are the Black Nickel color.

I had one of the Taylormade DJ putters and it had this kind of smokey Black Nickel type shaft and it looked pretty sharp, especially with the black head and grip. Either black will look cool! The S400 black shafts are cool too!

kbs-tour-shafts-7085.jpg

kbs-nickel-taper.jpg

mb22.jpg

The GG-Freezer is the drill forged in Mt. Doom to rule ALL drills! It feels soooo good once you get it, but I lack the patience a lot of times. It's what Matsuyama does every swing?!

I should do it more often...and dedicate a full session to nothing but freezers.

In the video below showing the freezer drill video, I'm amazed by how much speed and fluidity George gets by essentially only going to 45*.

(BTW, I'm a member of the GGSwingtips "army" and munching my way through the video series this winter. The guy is a flat out guru.)

Hey SB, do you think the M2 DF is comparable to an aeroburner tp? I have a tour issue version and have been testing against the m1 15 degree. I like the M1, but the AB is so solid. The M2 DF looks like a really good alternative to the M1.

Tough for me to say, the extent of my experience with the AB is 10 swings on the range a few years back. For me it's nice because it's a little deeper for off the tee and good specs for me to hit a high one off the ground. The 915 I had before was a 16.5 turned to 18 and it looked extremely shallow.

The GG-Freezer is the drill forged in Mt. Doom to rule ALL drills! It feels soooo good once you get it, but I lack the patience a lot of times. It's what Matsuyama does every swing?!

I should do it more often...and dedicate a full session to nothing but freezers.

In the video below showing the freezer drill video, I'm amazed by how much speed and fluidity George gets by essentially only going to 45*.

(BTW, I'm a member of the GGSwingtips "army" and munching my way through the video series this winter. The guy is a flat out guru.)

I watched that video before going to the range, went again today and will post a video or two. I hit it thin a lot doing the freezer drill but the ball either starts left or straight and flies straight or tails left. Those are good things for me! I finished the range session today hitting a few 6 irons that cut 5 feet and flew 20 feet higher than any 6 iron I've hit before. Hitting the MP5 KBS tour. The drill with a bucket between your legs and moving knees in opposite direction felt awesome too.

In that pic of the KBS which is the black that is offered on their website? Had me a bit confused there.

Interesting video. I have done that drill for a very long time. It not only helps with changes, but it can help the tempo too. I have not bought into some of the stuff he has been teaching. Between him and Dana I find that motion difficult to repeat and I don't agree that every person should swing a certain way but to each their own. I have been interested to watch however. I have been working on my lower body release for a long time so some of it does make sense.

WITB:

Who knows?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Game has been solid, not spectacular. I'm still stuck between being happy with my game the way it is and making changes to play better in tournament golf. I've been tearing up any course that doesn't require 5 iron + into greens, still hitting the ball too low with too little spin to do well at 7000+.

Epons were done up with KBS tour blacks to match the MP5 set I picked it, for some reason the shaft feels like it loads completely different. I'm going to give them another shot at some point but its really hard to swap back and forth between rounds because of the difference in sole size and turf interaction. For now I'm sticking with the MP5.

Only other big change is playing a TP instead of the DI in the driver right now and its going well. It feels more stable, the very best strikes don't go as far, but its much straighter and average distance is the same.

Shot 74 in our state Am qualifier and didn't get in surprisingly so that was a bummer. Low round of the year is a 67, I've average 18 holes a day since courses opened in March. I mentioned I'm playing my home courses well, I've had a number of 30-32 in league nines from ~3300 and shot 29 on the back at my other course. I also had a hole in 1 from 180 during a team play match, I'm running a team myself for the first time this year, so thats 3 of those in the last two years. Same week I made an albatross on #1 at my home course, the same hole my younger brother did it on last year. That was something I thought I'd never see with my somewhat pedestrian driving distance so very cool to check off the bucket list.

Wow nice playing and great shots. You still playing the HL Deep Face?

And the scores are a little misleading, I'm still in the 74-78 range it seems like every time I play from 7000+. Both the HIO and the albatross were MP5 7 iron, 175 on the par 3 and 220 with a 30 mph wind at my back on the par 5 ?.

Nice play SB. Holes in one and albatrosses! Your feedback on the MP-5 has been hankering for a set. Love the look of them.

They are awesome, I've been on the Epon train for years now and may go back at some point but they are extremely playable for a blade. Made the mistake of playing a ton of simulator rounds over the winter with them while the epons were taken apart waiting for new shafts and can't put them down now. The MP5 thread has some very positive reviews from guys like website owner Easyyy and FairwayFred who owned Scratch. I think both are well qualified to judge irons!

Wow nice playing and great shots. You still playing the HL Deep Face?

I am, Oban high balance. It's really solid, feels awesome with hot melt. Don't see changing much besides the new Ping driver.

I really like the JDay M2, I have have been playing mine for a while now and don't see a need to change 3ws. My only complaint would be the loss of ball speed when you miss it. However it's probably one of a few three woods that I have never hit too high off the tee.