2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's time...

Over a thousand GolfWRX Members applied to be part of an inside look at Callaway Golf. We really appreciate the amazing interest from the GolfWRX Community, but ultimately only 8 members could be selected to be part of this amazing once-in-a-lifetime experience. Here are the attendees (in alphabetical order):

They've kept the trip (mostly) quiet until now, but the time is here to post. All are excited for the experience.

We kick off officially 5PM Sunday night, Pacific Time with some night time at Ely Callaway Performance Center!

This is the first night event ever at ECPC, so it's going to be a blast.

More updates on Monday and Tuesday as we have a packed itinerary there as well.

They guys are chomping at the bit, so we're opening it up to posting and look forward to the community following along.

Enjoy!

- Hip

So we have 2 lefties attending MtJeff and Hot Rod 71? Cool!

We'll be nice to them even though they stand on the wrong side of the ball :taunt:

I play with several lefties and until recently, they did not have access to much of the new stuff. The fitting carts don't have much for the 'handers. Maybe that is why I change clubs like I change socks and they've been playing the same stuff for years.

I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.

This post almost made me misty eyed, lmao

Started playing at 50, now 61 and your first golf trip. Genuine surprise and happiness.

Bro, the only thing that would make me happier than you goin on this friggin trip is if Maddie called me right now, told me that she was pregnant, we were having a Boi and she wants to name him RP Jacobs III, lol

Talk about never in my wildest dreams, LMAO

Seriously though, I'm happy that you're gonna get to hit the ball in December in warm sunny weather!!

Fairways Greens Safe Travels & God Speed

Richard

Richard, thanks for your kind words!

I am a bit nervous about the trip. I don't mind the flying, it's airports I have a problem with.

Good luck with little Richard! :-)

I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.

This post almost made me misty eyed, lmao

Started playing at 50, now 61 and your first golf trip. Genuine surprise and happiness.

Bro, the only thing that would make me happier than you goin on this friggin trip is if Maddie called me right now, told me that she was pregnant, we were having a Boi and she wants to name him RP Jacobs III, lol

Talk about never in my wildest dreams, LMAO

Seriously though, I'm happy that you're gonna get to hit the ball in December in warm sunny weather!!

Fairways Greens Safe Travels & God Speed

Richard

Richard, thanks for the kind words!

I hope little Richard comes around soon! :-)

I take off tomorrow morning at 8am. Unfortunately we have a Christmas party tonight and my wife isn't looking forward to waking up, both hungover at 5am to get me to the airport at 6:30am.

I hope American Airlines can supply me with a Bloody Mary or two once in the air.

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

We'll be nice to them even though they stand on the wrong side of the ball :taunt:

I play with several lefties and until recently, they did not have access to much of the new stuff. The fitting carts don't have much for the 'handers. Maybe that is why I change clubs like I change socks and they've been playing the same stuff for years.

Haha you think the members on here are equipment fanatics you should see Lefty BST we're as OCD as they come haha

You guys get to play Torrey Pines?! Harry dropped that piece of info on the Ship Show. Have fun!!

I was actually listening as you typed this!

"We have the group from GolfWRX next week. Such a fun time of the year. We get to go out to Torrey Pines, scope out the redesign. The North is open now, so we will check that out, but I think we are playing the South. Ohhhhh, a little teaser. Beat down!!!"

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

It's time...

Over a thousand GolfWRX Members applied to be part of an inside look at Callaway Golf. We really appreciate the amazing interest from the GolfWRX Community, but ultimately only 8 members could be selected to be part of this amazing once-in-a-lifetime experience. Here are the attendees (in alphabetical order):

They've kept the trip (mostly) quiet until now, but the time is here to post. All are excited for the experience.

We kick off officially 5PM Sunday night, Pacific Time with some night time at Ely Callaway Performance Center!

This is the first night event ever at ECPC, so it's going to be a blast.

More updates on Monday and Tuesday as we have a packed itinerary there as well.

They guys are chomping at the bit, so we're opening it up to posting and look forward to the community following along.

Enjoy!

- Hip

So we have 2 lefties attending MtJeff and Hot Rod 71? Cool!

Awesome. I'm also looking forward to the feedback

What's up, fellas? We're SO pumped to host you guys this week! Might even have a few surprises up our sleeves...

Safe travels and I'll see you tomorrow.

-Chad

Awesome! So who do I need to talk to about getting a little $$$ game set up for Torrey?

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

"But I think we are playing the South."

*Presses play on Greatest Rounds Ever - 2008 US Open on DVR and packs red/black outfit*

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

What's up, fellas? We're SO pumped to host you guys this week! Might even have a few surprises up our sleeves...

-Chad

Chad I still haven't received flight info or an invitation. Kinda getting concerned with it being travel day tomorrow. Bags are packed just need to know what time to be at the airport. Thanks man ;) :D Have fun fella's

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Just finished packing my final bag for our trip. Callaway asked us to bring the necessary items for golf except clubs and balls. I've got two rolls of lead tape in case I need to channel my inner Phil Mickelson, sunglasses, golf shoes, tees, ball marker, divot repair tool, rangefinder, our schedule of events and my MacBook and iPad so I can keep in touch with WRX at the end of every night.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Just finished packing my final bag for our trip. Callaway asked us to bring the necessary items for golf except clubs and balls. I've got two rolls of lead tape in case I need to channel my inner Phil Mickelson, sunglasses, golf shoes, tees, ball marker, divot repair tool, rangefinder, our schedule of events and my MacBook and iPad so I can keep in touch with WRX at the end of every night.

Rock and roll.

Mack is ready to ball!

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Psst. You don't need the rangefinder.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

Can you get lead tape through tsa?

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

Oh boyyy. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to have a caddie I can disappoint!

That is a good question. It's not real lead so I guess I can?

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Oh boyyy. I hope that doesn't mean I'm going to have a caddie I can disappoint!

That is a good question. It's not real lead so I guess I can?

We'll still love you!

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

-Chad

Chad I still haven't received flight info or an invitation. Kinda getting concerned with it being travel day tomorrow. Bags are packed just need to know what time to be at the airport. Thanks man ;) :D Have fun fella's

Oh, yeah. Um...about that....

I just threw up.

"Don't bring your clubs or balls", was the forewarning?

..... Very, very dizzy!

I just threw up.

"Don't bring your clubs or balls", was the forewarning?

..... Very, very dizzy!

We shipped our driver and 6 iron to test against the new product. Other than that we weren't suppose to bring clubs.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

This should be a lot of fun, not just for the Callaway experience but also to meet the other guys going. Being in Montreal I don't get to meet a ton of real life WRX guys.

As others have said thanks to golfwrx for the opportunity, and thanks to callaway for accommodating a Canadian (not always eligible for stuff) a lefty (not always eligible for stuff) and some other generous stuff too with travel

Look forward to updating you guys

^^ bolded part can be a major.. or I should say, major, wildcard :tongue:

Well out of the 8 of us I can't yet identify the inevitable weird guy that everyone will secretly not like

Oh crap. I think I heard a saying about that once

Just make sure you say "sorry" enough to keep the auspice of polite behaviour safe for the likes of me, a fellow, lefty Canadian living down here in the US of A.