Srixon Z Four Stand Bag

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at this one, too.... Only thing is I don't carry much, if at all, just use a ClicGear 3.5+ so as long as it fits on that fine, I think I will be pulling the trigger on one. Would love to hear some input though!

EDIT: Put an order in for the white one, should have it by the end of the week. I will hopefully do a little review then.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

Got the Z four today, looks great, has tons of pockets, more than I need really... I like having a stand/carry bag even though I use a Clicgear 3.5+ when I walk. This way when I go to the range I am not lugging something bigger around and I really don't carry much more than tees, balls, rangefinder, the little tools, and some other little things. Clubs fit nicely in the 4 way top which I have been really unsure of but it is true, they do not rattle as much with fewer dividers. For me, the best thing about this bag is the bottom and the hidden leg mechanism. My Three5 did not fit well on my Clicgear because of this design and was really the driving factor in getting rid of it, otherwise, it's a great bag, too. The bottom of this one is like a mini staffer so it should fit nicely on the push cart. I should get it out this week so I will see how things go while I am on the course....

Few shots...

Z%20Four%20side_zps9gsufyrl.jpg

Z%20four%20top_zps3nmy73jm.jpg

Z%20four%20handle_zpsnswiagli.jpg

Z%20four%20bottom_zpsgtrpambs.jpg

Sorry for the terrible photos, planning on getting more soon...

Got the Z four today, looks great, has tons of pockets, more than I need really... I like having a stand/carry bag even though I use a Clicgear 3.5+ when I walk. This way when I go to the range I am not lugging something bigger around and I really don't carry much more than tees, balls, rangefinder, the little tools, and some other little things. Clubs fit nicely in the 4 way top which I have been really unsure of but it is true, they do not rattle as much with fewer dividers. For me, the best thing about this bag is the bottom and the hidden leg mechanism. My Three5 did not fit well on my Clicgear because of this design and was really the driving factor in getting rid of it, otherwise, it's a great bag, too. The bottom of this one is like a mini staffer so it should fit nicely on the push cart. I should get it out this week so I will see how things go while I am on the course....

Few shots...

Any issues with club tangling?

Few shots...

Doesn't seem to be but I haven't had it out on the course yet. I should know this week...

Few shots...

Doesn't seem to be but I haven't had it out on the course yet. I should know this week...

I look forward to hearing about the on-course results.

Few shots...

Went to the range today and did notice some minor club tangle. I use GP Tour Wrap midsize grips and a couple hung up and wouldn't go back in the back all that easily but nothing I can't live without. The bag feels comfortable and light with 14 clubs while carrying and seems to hang pretty level on my back. The legs function really well and open easily but stay closed while walking. I wouldn't say its the most perfect bag ever but it seems to do what my three5 did only it has a more pushcart friendly bottom. So far I am happy with it. Will report back after a full round.

Few rounds on this bag now, one in the pouring rain, too. So far, I LOVE it. The storage is great and the clubs have not given me any real issues in or out. One of my favorite things besides the bottom design in the 3 handles at the top of the bag.... it is so easy to pick the bag up and go. I find the straps to be more comfortable than my 3.5 straps which is really surprising. I am sure the bag will get dirty but overall function, I love it.

Few rounds on this bag now, one in the pouring rain, too. So far, I LOVE it. The storage is great and the clubs have not given me any real issues in or out. One of my favorite things besides the bottom design in the 3 handles at the top of the bag.... it is so easy to pick the bag up and go. I find the straps to be more comfortable than my 3.5 straps which is really surprising. I am sure the bag will get dirty but overall function, I love it.

Did you have the 3.5 with the separate straps or the harness style?

TSR3 9° Tensei Black 65X
TSi2 15° ATX Green 75TX
917F 18° ATX Green 85X
ZX5 MkII 4-5 / ZX7 MkII 6-P  Modus 120X
ZipCore 50° Modus 120X

Vokey SM9 54S/60M Modus 125 Wedge
Nike Neo

ZStar

Did you have the 3.5 with the separate straps or the harness style?

I believe it had the harness style, I forgot what the design is actually called though... The 3.5 is a great bag but there are a few things about the Z Four I find to be better. But my favorite it the bottom design which I noticed is the same as the Titleist stand staff which makes it great for my clicgear.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: I moved on from the Z Four to the Titleist Stand Staff bag... I was hesitant at first since a lot of people complained about club tangle in the Titleist bag. I found the bottom most divider in the Z four to be a pain. While everything else about the bag was nice, really nice, the bottom divider was tough with the leg mechanism and club grips fitting in easily. The stand staff is a lot easier than I thought it would be and has a simple storage layout which I like since I do not carry much anyway. It is heavier than the Z Four, but material seems to be much stronger. I am sure I would have been very happy with the Z Four, but getting the Titleist bag in a trade made me choose... Z Four is great, though, don't sleep on it!

• 2 months later...

Update: Ended up taking the Srixon back and had to go back to my Titleist Lightweight. I am too attached to that bag. I'm done looking at bags.

Few shots...

Went to the range today and did notice some minor club tangle. I use GP Tour Wrap midsize grips and a couple hung up and wouldn't go back in the back all that easily but nothing I can't live without. The bag feels comfortable and light with 14 clubs while carrying and seems to hang pretty level on my back. The legs function really well and open easily but stay closed while walking. I wouldn't say its the most perfect bag ever but it seems to do what my three5 did only it has a more pushcart friendly bottom. So far I am happy with it. Will report back after a full round.

Setup looks really clean

• 6 months later...

Just got this bag yesterday and I'm amazed that it doesn't get more attention than it does. First off, it's really good looking in my opinion. It also seems to have all the right pockets in all the right places. Everything has a home, which makes my crazy mind happy. The straps also seem incredibly comfortable and the stand mechanism is the smoothest I've ever felt. Wish I bought this sooner.

79_F079_C8_A34_F_44_A1_902_A_F6_DF611_FE446.jpg

These are $120 on eBay vs $220 for the 5.5 SM. Would love to see more opinions on this bag

SM4.5 is probably the better comp to the Z-Four and you can currently pick up the 2017 version of those from DG for $130.

I bought the Z-Four and returned it after a couple of days. It's a great looking bag, lots of space with the 11" top and the bottom makes it much better than a SM if you sometimes put it on a pull cart. But I opened and closed a couple of the zippers and I just had the feeling that it wouldn't stand up long term. Also didn't like the pads on the carry straps, I think its some sort of memory foam and just found they compressed down too much. Overall I just don't think this bag is anywhere close to SM in quality.

These are $120 on eBay vs $220 for the 5.5 SM. Would love to see more opinions on this bag

SM4.5 is probably the better comp to the Z-Four and you can currently pick up the 2017 version of those from DG for $130.

I bought the Z-Four and returned it after a couple of days. It's a great looking bag, lots of space with the 11" top and the bottom makes it much better than a SM if you sometimes put it on a pull cart. But I opened and closed a couple of the zippers and I just had the feeling that it wouldn't stand up long term. Also didn't like the pads on the carry straps, I think its some sort of memory foam and just found they compressed down too much. Overall I just don't think this bag is anywhere close to SM in quality.

Not disrespecting your opinion but in case people come looking at this thread later on, I want to point out that I disagree. I've only used this bag for one round but, to be fair you also pointed out you had your for a couple days. I purposely walked my round this weekend and found the straps very nice and the bag to be comfortable and well distributed all day. I also think the stand mechanism is the smoothest I've had in a long time and pops out perfectly every time. There is NOTHING about this bag to me that seems lesser quality in any way to any golf bag I've seen. So far I feel quite the opposite and think it's a more solid bag than most. I don't mean this about you personally but I also think some people hold Sun Mountain on a pedestal a little bit. I'm not denying they make incredible bags but, the cult seems to take it too far sometimes. It's like the guys who swear any forged iron that isn't stamped Mizuno is somehow inferior in every way.

• 2 weeks later...

I wound up buying another one off the BST here a few months back.... I will most likely never get rid of my 745s even if I don't play them and there were a lot of things I liked about the Z Four... Got the same white one I originally had... the weight of this bag is fantastic when loaded up, straps are comfortable, the amount and placement of pockets are perfect. The ONLY complaint I would have about the bag is the zipper tags.... had one break on me and now have to figure out a way to make it easy to use again. Other than that, it's a fantastic bag.

I wound up buying another one off the BST here a few months back.... I will most likely never get rid of my 745s even if I don't play them and there were a lot of things I liked about the Z Four... Got the same white one I originally had... the weight of this bag is fantastic when loaded up, straps are comfortable, the amount and placement of pockets are perfect. The ONLY complaint I would have about the bag is the zipper tags.... had one break on me and now have to figure out a way to make it easy to use again. Other than that, it's a fantastic bag.

You're not the first reviewer to mention zipper issues on this bag. I've heard that others have contacted Srixon and gotten replacements.

It's nice to have options.

65_AE00_FE_DCAB_492_A_B054_6_E77276_B8_CF8.jpg

LOL... Repsect.

The color combos are nice on these bags... I actually really like your black with red accents... but part of me wants to go with the green and white one, too!! I like my Titleist stand staff but its so heavy in comparison to the Z Four. You have any issues with the zipper pulls? I put an email in to Srixon today about it, hopefully I will hear back about a solution. Using a plastic bag tie isn't gonna cut it for too long...

It's nice to have options.

65_AE00_FE_DCAB_492_A_B054_6_E77276_B8_CF8.jpg

LOL... Repsect.

The color combos are nice on these bags... I actually really like your black with red accents... but part of me wants to go with the green and white one, too!! I like my Titleist stand staff but its so heavy in comparison to the Z Four. You have any issues with the zipper pulls? I put an email in to Srixon today about it, hopefully I will hear back about a solution. Using a plastic bag tie isn't gonna cut it for too long...

Can’t comment on the zipper pulls yet. I have one round with one and zero with the other. I guess I won’t know until next year at this point.

You're not the first reviewer to mention zipper issues on this bag. I've heard that others have contacted Srixon and gotten replacements.

Shot an email over to Srixon about the zippers and they are not replacing the bag, but they ARE sending me a dozen Z stars. The broken zipper is not the end of the world and the fact that they are willing to do anything is pretty cool. They said they have had multiple complaints regarding the zipper pulls and will be looking to upgrade this feature on the next bag design. I actually like the way they look and function, they just need to be stronger.

Shot an email over to Srixon about the zippers and they are not replacing the bag, but they ARE sending me a dozen Z stars. The broken zipper is not the end of the world and the fact that they are willing to do anything is pretty cool. They said they have had multiple complaints regarding the zipper pulls and will be looking to upgrade this feature on the next bag design. I actually like the way they look and function, they just need to be stronger.

The reviewer who mentioned getting his bag replaced had the actual zipper break, might actually have been several zippers, not just the pull.

Don't you think if Srixon admits that they've had numerous complaints about the issue that they might offer to pay your shipping to send in the bag and have the broken zipper pull replaced?

I am sure that would be quite costly for them, and I think by offering a dozen balls, at least they are willing to do something for the customer. I just hope they stand by their word and make the next bag better. I guess we will see....