2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Bang-O-Matic Titanium

Bang-O-Matic Titanium Driver

This club is assembled with your choice of graphite shaft and grip.

First off this head is cast! Casting is 2 to 2 1/2 times more then forging and you must have a tooling made for each loft versus (1) tooling for all lofts on forgings! Is casting better then forging? No! Just more consistent! But to accomplish what we wanted to which is Flow Alignment (FA) I had to cast! What is Flow Alignment (FA)? Flow alignment direct more energy from club head to ball with less dispersion. Most Modern day drivers deliver 78% of the proper directional energy toward the ball with 22% dispersion of energy....With the unique Flow Alignment System the energy transfer is 94% directional energy! This makes for straighter and greater....! We also added a bit more weight to the hosel for draw bias and a deeper bore..The head size is 460cc although it looks more like 400cc. We wanted to optimize performance, while have it appeal to to players that dislike Great Big heads!

The finished product is Black to match all shafts - 5 coats of Gloss Black non-peel resistant paint. It will include a high quality headcover! When you see the Bang-O-Matic you will be dazzled by this type of quality in original design.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• 3 weeks later...

I have the 401cc version of the BOM with an Aldila NV75. This is the best combo I have ever owned to date. Not only is this club long, it is also very consistent and accurate. Aesthetics are very pleasing and sets up easily. Feel is on the hollow side, which I don't really prefer but I have gotten used to it. Sound is also on the hollow side but nice and quiet. A well struck ball simply explodes of the face climbs high and flattens out. Especially considering the price, this club is a flat out performer.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

i bought one with an accuflex vs339 prototype ... loved it for 4 weeks, then swapped the shaft to an penley eta 75s, loved it for another 4 weeks, got injured, swapped it for an eta tour-s, then decided that i was wasting too much energy trying to blast it and now have an eta55s on it.

long club. agree with the hollow tin-can sound, but if you strike it dead-center, it'll just fly and fly. with the accuflex, it was a middling height flight path; max i did was 285m on a flat (maybe 1* uphill) course with the wind coming left to right (with trees lining the right fairway). so i hit a draw. it runs a lot with this shaft. great for windy courses.

with the eta combinations, the ball flight is higher, it launches quickly flies to a peak and then flattens out and usually stops dead. it gets more hangtime naturally, but is a pain with a headwind. max 290m. most go around 250-260m. the shaft feel is lively, which was what i wanted and hence chose to go with the penleys. but penley shafts are a pain to get going ... you've got to work it before it works for you.

i think a diamana or fuji 661/652/six are probably better shafts since they are plug & play types. probably only need to whack it a dozen or so times to get a sense of what the combination can do and it'll almost always play similarly.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm a little better than scratch and I've been using the 460 Bang-o-Matic for about 2 years. Accuflex Evolution S shaft. 10.5 loft. I gained about 20 yards when I made the switch 2 years ago (from a Titleist 983).

I keep thinking I need a new driver. I looked into the HiBore and the Rapture recently. But the monitor and on-course testing shows I still hit the Bang a little further and a little straighter.

Unfortunately the look turns people off. So my buddies will rip it on the range, and go back to what I consider completely inferior products like the TM drivers.

Someday it will come out of my bag...maybe for the new Titleist 907D2. But until then, I'm sticking with what works for me.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

extremeld what do you mean when you say that the BOM head breaks, i thought the head was made of beta titanium?

i have a callaway FT-i 10 deg with fuji speeder 576 reg shaft, i like this driver, i've been playing golf for 11 months now and have a lot to learn, my main problem when driving is that i tend to slice but am getting better as time goes on, i can drive about 250 yds.

i became aware of longdriving with jason zuback etc and naievely bought a king cobra speed ld f head and graffaloy epic 47 inch shaft but it was like wielding a claymore sword!!

so i sold it, but i've always fancied the bang-o-matic because it seems to be successfull in longdriving, i just dont know if i should get one?

is it not true to say that if i wanted more distance i would need to increase clubhead speed?

is it not also true to say that there is no advantage in distance by using a longer shaft (which generally are stiff flexs to x stiff or even xxx-x stiff!) if i cant swing faster than a reg flex speed?

• 2 months later...

WHEN I SAY THE BANG O MATIC BREAKS EASILY I MEAN IT BREAKS, IT IS SUPER THIN WHICH YOU WILL SEE IF YOU BREAK IT!

I BROKE SO MUCH BANG GOLF EQUIPMENT AT THE START OF THIS YEAR I STOPPED COUNTING AT 10 HEADS NEVER MIND THE BANG STORM SHAFT!!

USE A LONGER SHAFT ITS FINE, THERE IS NO REASON WHY A SLOW SWINGER CANT HIT A MAX LENGTH DRIVER.

YOU CAN BE STRONG WITHOUT BEING FAST, YOU CAN SWING NOT HIT, THIS MAY NOT BE TRUE OF COURSE AND YOU MAY BE HOPELESS WITH A LONGER SHAFT!

I BROKE LOTS OF BANG O MATIC A COUPLE OF BANG STORM AND WITHIN SECONDS THE BANG P3 HEADS, I DID HAVE THEM ALL ON LONGDRIVE SHAFTS AND WAS GENERATING AVERAGE FOR 12 BALL SWING SPEEDS OF BETWEEN 141 AND 145MPH

AT SLOWER SPEEDS BANG I AM SURE IS A NICE CLUB, AS FOR ADDING 20 YARDS THAT IS MUCH MORE DOWN TO THE SHAFT THAN THE CLUB, NEARLY ALL DRIVERS HAVE .83 COR SO THE ENERGY TRANSFER IS IDENTICAL, THE HEAD WEIGHTS ARE MUCH THE SAME, THE SHAFT IS THE ENGINE OF THE CLUB, GET A LIGHTER SHAFT HIT IT FURTHER!

I WON A GOLF SHOW IN THE UK WITH 380YARD DRIVE WITH A STANDARD MACGREGOR DRIVER BUT I HIT THE LONGEST DRIVE WITH A REGULAR FLEX CLUB NOT THE X STIFF!! I WON BY OVER 30 YARDS

K

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been playing a TM R5 Dual TP 9.5 loft and stock Fuji shaft. Hit it plenty long but occassional wild hooks. Added heavier weights and got swing weight to D5 - hit it a lot straighter and 15-20 yards longer (avg. 275-285)
Went to a simulator a couple of weeks ago (weather in Ohio sucks right now).
Tried a BOM 6 degree with a Graman 440 shaft (S flex) 46.5" total length.
Hit the ball plenty high - straighter than the TM and had one drive carry 339. Most drives were in the 310 yard range. Swing speed avg. 110 MPH I probably hit 90 balls over the course of the next couple days with this driver and haven't seen any problem with breakage. The driver was one the owner used in LD contests in Ohio and has seen more hits than I would probably give it in a couple years of playing.
I'm planning on taking this driver to Myrtle Beach next month to see how it plays in real world conditions. If it works - goodbye TM, hello Bang.

m8 with swingspeed of 110mph you aint going to fly a ball close to 339yards they are just trying to SELL you a driver!

you would need to swing the club at around almost 140mph to produce a carry of 339 yards, the difference between 110mph and 140mph swings is huge. if the machine read 110mph and the ball carried 339mph the machines numbers are complete BS and are reading 50 yards over

kenny

• Like 1

I'm sure the 339 was an aberration. Swingspeed, launch angle, face angle all determine carry. The simulator was spot on on my distances with the irons I normally play as well as the woods and hybrids I normally play. One reason I want to try this driver head to head with my TM outside.

I did try this driver a week later and most drives were 290+ with a few @ 310. Did not have a particularly good swing that day.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

there is no doubt that the bang-o-matic is a very long driver off the tee. im hitting a bang with 9 degree loft,matrix firm shaft. this club is a cannon.would like to see a newer model with movible weights like some other models. might make it easier to control deaw and fade shots. i love my bang. would take a hell of a club to get me to change.

• 3 weeks later...
I started wit the Bang Mellow Yellow, Good name Steve!! LOL......Not that many guys were hitting in LD for the past couple year though. A lot came back Illegal via CT testing. One guy got 5 heads taken because of High CT. Oh well.

You really hit a 5X?

Vinny,

I'm thinking he was telling a little fib there........

If you don't swing hard and fast, the Bang head may last you a little longer than the LD guys, but Kenny is right, customer service is a joke.

Guys this club has been around a long time and it is hard to find a much better club for the price. i have a 10.5 with a tx90 stiff steel shaft @44.5 inches. i have had this club for nearly 5 years and the finish has held up great and no breakage. when i first started playing it the guys i played with laughed because of the size. but even with the steel shaft i hit it out there with the best of them. get some of that yea. BANG!!!!!!!

• 4 months later...

Having played a BOM 460 for years now I can honestly say it is the longest driver I have ever hit. I also have a Cleveland XLS Tour, Callaway FT-9 iMix, Ping G10, which I go between for a little more accuracy. I'm not saying the Bang O Matic isn't accurate, its just that I have a Accuflex VS339 XX in it and its alot of shaft. Over the winter this club is a little stiff to get around when I can hardly feel my fingers, lol. Having hit as many drivers as you could name over the past few years the following quote is true as day...

The Bang O Matic Driver is a flat out bomb layer. If its distance you seek, look no further. As always... the shaft can make or break this club so choose wisely.

Also, having a very fast swing speed I have never had any issues with my BANG face breaking. I'm not saying if your some LDA Beast it won't break, but I have had mine for a couple years and its still going strong. If it were to break it would take me all of 5 minutes to get another, I can tell you that much.

• 3 years later...

I have a 9 and 10.5 loft Driver, plus 3+ , 3 and two 5 woods, my swing speed is 107 or so in the summer, a tad less in the winter, had these woods since 2006, but always looking ( I have Titleist 910 woods as well )

Titleist Woods with FineOne T3 W6-060-07 shafts flex 9.5/Torque 3.7 cpm 2.6

Adams DHY Pro Hybrids with KBS Tour V 90g steel shafts D2 

Titliest AP2 irons with Recoil Prototype F5 125g graphite shafts D2

Vokey Wedges with Wedge Flex shafts ( stock shafts ) D3 and D4 

Bettinardi MC-9 Putter (Long Neck) with KBS shaft and "Dave Hicks" Pro-Core insert and Kotahi grip

• 3 years later...

I just bought one of these for $12 bucks at a pawn shop. Too bad I have to wait another 5 months before I can whack it outdoors..

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 1 month later...

How would this driver head perform with a Aldila NV shaft? Anyone?

Cleveland Launcher DTS 9*
Exotics CB 13*
Ping i3 17*

Callaway Steelhead 3 20*

Nickent 3DX 23*26*29*
MacGregor VIP V-Foil 1025 C - 7-PW
Ping Eye2 51*57.5*
Seemore WGP
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1013287-my-v-foils/"]WITB Link[/url]

• 10 months later...