who carries a 1 or 2 iron???????

2»

Comments

• LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Yer, that is pretty funny i noticed the I-302 2-PW. I love my 2 Iron, but if i can find a suitable hybrid it might be challenged.
  • CHRISS1928CHRISS1928 Oh Damn!! Jr. Boomers Posts: 509
    Carry a Tommy Armour Morph 2-iron. Had it bent from 18 to 16 as I tend to hit the ball high with my SS and swing plane. Can drill it 250+ off tee, can't stand hybrids. Hybrids result in random ground balls which is just embarassing because im a better player then that so i avoid em all together.
  • Golfin4WeezerGolfin4Weezer Members Posts: 173
    animalistic wrote on Jan 19 2006, 05:54 PM:

golfin4weezer

doesnt your sig say your usin a 2 iron?????? image/cheesy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

Put it in for a couple weeks after reading what you guys had to say. Hate it. 5-wood or hybrid for me.
  • nuffy12nuffy12 Jr. Boomers Posts: 150
    i love my 2 iron especially when its windy people make out to be a really hard club to hit but its not so bad.
  • dannypharveydannypharvey Members Posts: 408
    I carry a Mizuno MP37 2 iron with a DG S300 shaft. These irons have been dubbed the hardest to hit irons out but i disagree. Personally i don't get intimidated by looking at a thin blade with no offset, infact i think it makes the game easier because it's simple to align and you can hit the thing off any lie. I'd love to see someone try and play a round at a proper links course with a set of Ping G2's or a similar set of perimeter weighted spades, simply because the blades are much more suited. (a note to people outside the U.K, mainly America. When i talk about a proper links course i don't mean something like Whistling Straights, i think that place is a joke of a links, i mean somewhere like Carnoustie, St Andrews and the majority of the courses in Scotland and Ireland, and my locals like Royal Liverpool-Open venue '06, Wallasey-local qualifying for Open '06, Royal Birkdale, Hillside....)

So anyway before i rant on about links courses for ever, I'm just trying to prove the playability of a 2 iron. Have a go of one and forget about it being intimidating, just give the thing a smooth strike and maybe one will find its way into your bag!

My sticks

Titleist 983k 9.5 G'alloy Prolite stiff

Titleist 980f 15 Fuji Speeder stiff

Mizuno MP37 2 iron TT DG S300

TaylorMade Rescue Dual TP 22 Mitsu' Diamana Rayon Stiff

MD Golf Superstrong Forged Irons TT DG S300

Cleveland 588 GM 45* pitching wedge

Titleist Vokey Black Pearl 50*

Titleist Vokey Oil Can 56*

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 Mid Slant 35"
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    dannypharvey wrote on Feb 18 2006, 12:07 AM:

I carry a Mizuno MP37 2 iron with a DG S300 shaft. These irons have been dubbed the hardest to hit irons out but i disagree. Personally i don't get intimidated by looking at a thin blade with no offset, infact i think it makes the game easier because it's simple to align and you can hit the thing off any lie. I'd love to see someone try and play a round at a proper links course with a set of Ping G2's or a similar set of perimeter weighted spades, simply because the blades are much more suited. (a note to people outside the U.K, mainly America. When i talk about a proper links course i don't mean something like Whistling Straights, i think that place is a joke of a links, i mean somewhere like Carnoustie, St Andrews and the majority of the courses in Scotland and Ireland, and my locals like Royal Liverpool-Open venue '06, Wallasey-local qualifying for Open '06, Royal Birkdale, Hillside....)

So anyway before i rant on about links courses for ever, I'm just trying to prove the playability of a 2 iron. Have a go of one and forget about it being intimidating, just give the thing a smooth strike and maybe one will find its way into your bag!

well said image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> , not sure about whistling straits being a joke[id kill to play there!!!] but yes around me are ballybunnion and lahinch golf clubs and ping g5's on a windy day are about as much good tunnelling with a spoon, and the 2 iron[i love my blade rac 6.0,inserted so it plays 7.0] i couldnt live without one on those links image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
  • Mr MizunoMr Mizuno Members Posts: 748
    I just got a Tommy Armour 845 V-25 2-Iron with S300. I've just hit a couple of shots, but it is real fun to hit. And amazingly I was hitting hit pretty good.
  • dangrahamdangraham Members Posts: 59
    On days when i'm striking it pure i always go for the Tiger Woods stinger. image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    I have just gotten my 3 Iron locked in. Its a bomb on solid shots (210+). I got an 18* CPR thats pretty much even more of a bomb hitting 250+ yd avg.
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers Posts: 937
    Omar, What is your SS dude? It must be killer to be hitting an 18* club 250.
2»