who carries a 1 or 2 iron???????

2»

Comments

• nuffy12nuffy12  150WRX Points: 55Jr. Boomers Posts: 150 Fairways
    i love my 2 iron especially when its windy people make out to be a really hard club to hit but its not so bad.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dannypharveydannypharvey  408WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 408
    I carry a Mizuno MP37 2 iron with a DG S300 shaft. These irons have been dubbed the hardest to hit irons out but i disagree. Personally i don't get intimidated by looking at a thin blade with no offset, infact i think it makes the game easier because it's simple to align and you can hit the thing off any lie. I'd love to see someone try and play a round at a proper links course with a set of Ping G2's or a similar set of perimeter weighted spades, simply because the blades are much more suited. (a note to people outside the U.K, mainly America. When i talk about a proper links course i don't mean something like Whistling Straights, i think that place is a joke of a links, i mean somewhere like Carnoustie, St Andrews and the majority of the courses in Scotland and Ireland, and my locals like Royal Liverpool-Open venue '06, Wallasey-local qualifying for Open '06, Royal Birkdale, Hillside....)

So anyway before i rant on about links courses for ever, I'm just trying to prove the playability of a 2 iron. Have a go of one and forget about it being intimidating, just give the thing a smooth strike and maybe one will find its way into your bag!

My sticks

Titleist 983k 9.5 G'alloy Prolite stiff

Titleist 980f 15 Fuji Speeder stiff

Mizuno MP37 2 iron TT DG S300

TaylorMade Rescue Dual TP 22 Mitsu' Diamana Rayon Stiff

MD Golf Superstrong Forged Irons TT DG S300

Cleveland 588 GM 45* pitching wedge

Titleist Vokey Black Pearl 50*

Titleist Vokey Oil Can 56*

Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2 Mid Slant 35"
    Posted:
  • animalisticanimalistic  1236WRX Points: 60Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,236 Platinum Tees
    dannypharvey wrote on Feb 18 2006, 12:07 AM:

I carry a Mizuno MP37 2 iron with a DG S300 shaft. These irons have been dubbed the hardest to hit irons out but i disagree. Personally i don't get intimidated by looking at a thin blade with no offset, infact i think it makes the game easier because it's simple to align and you can hit the thing off any lie. I'd love to see someone try and play a round at a proper links course with a set of Ping G2's or a similar set of perimeter weighted spades, simply because the blades are much more suited. (a note to people outside the U.K, mainly America. When i talk about a proper links course i don't mean something like Whistling Straights, i think that place is a joke of a links, i mean somewhere like Carnoustie, St Andrews and the majority of the courses in Scotland and Ireland, and my locals like Royal Liverpool-Open venue '06, Wallasey-local qualifying for Open '06, Royal Birkdale, Hillside....)

So anyway before i rant on about links courses for ever, I'm just trying to prove the playability of a 2 iron. Have a go of one and forget about it being intimidating, just give the thing a smooth strike and maybe one will find its way into your bag!

well said image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> , not sure about whistling straits being a joke[id kill to play there!!!] but yes around me are ballybunnion and lahinch golf clubs and ping g5's on a windy day are about as much good tunnelling with a spoon, and the 2 iron[i love my blade rac 6.0,inserted so it plays 7.0] i couldnt live without one on those links image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
  • Mr MizunoMr Mizuno  750WRX Points: 87Members Posts: 750 Golden Tee
    I just got a Tommy Armour 845 V-25 2-Iron with S300. I've just hit a couple of shots, but it is real fun to hit. And amazingly I was hitting hit pretty good.
    Posted:
  • dangrahamdangraham  59WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 59
    On days when i'm striking it pure i always go for the Tiger Woods stinger. image/beach.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Posted:
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35  937WRX Points: 0Jr. Boomers Posts: 937
    Omar, What is your SS dude? It must be killer to be hitting an 18* club 250.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.