#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Comments

• D0ch0l1d4yD0ch0l1d4y Members  1124WRX Points: 170Posts: 1,124 Platinum Tees

this might be a dumb question but can they do the jailbreak technology on irons and hybrids also

Seems like the newest big bertha irons have that speed frame with 2 bars in the cavity, could be jailbreak inspired ?

The Jailbreak tech is meant to minimize distortion of the crown and frame...not really applicable in irons. Maybe on fairways/hybrids but the crown material on those aren't nearly as thinned out as a driver.
    Posted:

Bag set (hopefully) for at least a year. Today's date is 10/8/2019.

Driver: Taylormade M5 9* (set at Standard) - Graphite Design AD IZ 6x
    3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - Project X Smoke Black 70 6.5
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19* - Diamana D+ 90x (on the bench)
    Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI 2 @ 17* - Graphite Design AD DI 105x (on the bench)
    Irons: 2-6 Taylormade 300 Forged (1* weak) - Project X 6.5
    7-PW Taylormade 2014 TPMB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5
    GW: Callaway MD2 slate bent to 53* - KBS Ctaper 130x
    LW: Scratch 1018 DD SFU bent to 59* - KBS Ctaper 130x
    Putter: Bettinardi QB8 Limited - OG BGT Stability shaft - 34.5" @ 68* and 1.5* loft.
    Putter: Bettinardi BB1 Copper Classic - 35" @ 68* and 1.5* loft. (on the bench)

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • swizbeatzswizbeatz Members  5822WRX Points: 275Handicap: +.6Posts: 5,822 Titanium Tees
    I think the most anticipation I have is to see who the true wrx ho is that changes something up first.
    Posted:
    Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee... Members  3101WRX Points: 188Handicap: 0.0Posts: 3,101 Titanium Tees
    Tcann32 wrote:

I haven't been able to go back and read the 15-20 pages I've missed out on, but is there any word on pre-order dates yet? Need to get that done before the money burns a hole in my pocket and I end up with more irons and 5 new wedges.

Seen at least one poster say they've already placed a pre-order.
    Posted:
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • double or triple?double or triple? Members  2028WRX Points: 131Posts: 2,028 Platinum Tees
    bcflyguy1 wrote:

Tcann32 wrote:

I haven't been able to go back and read the 15-20 pages I've missed out on, but is there any word on pre-order dates yet? Need to get that done before the money burns a hole in my pocket and I end up with more irons and 5 new wedges.

Seen at least one poster say they've already placed a pre-order.

I have. Some retailers already have the sku loaded in their systems.
    Posted:
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members  5708WRX Points: 218Posts: 5,708 Titanium Tees
    Are the fairways multi material as well?
    Posted:
  • HISPLHISPL Members  3075WRX Points: 66Posts: 3,075 Titanium Tees
    cz13X4 wrote:

Are the fairways multi material as well?

Yes image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members  8538WRX Points: 151Handicap: 5.5Posts: 8,538 Titanium Tees
    swizbeatz wrote:

I think the most anticipation I have is to see who the true wrx ho is that changes something up first.

I'm going to order a SZ right off the bat because I want to dominate my winter simulator league.
    Posted:
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29680WRX Points: 2,623Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,680 Titanium Tees

swizbeatz wrote:

I'm going to order a SZ right off the bat because I want to dominate my winter simulator league.

I can tell you from experience the simulator reads those extra yards buddy! LOL.

Let's just say i had a score to settle with Torrey Pines, too
    Posted:
    Cobra F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra F9 FW w/ Matrix Black Tie 80
    Ping G400 Crossover 20 w/KBS Tour Proto Hybrid
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 60 w/S300
    SGC NorthWood center shaft 400g
  • chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed Members  8538WRX Points: 151Handicap: 5.5Posts: 8,538 Titanium Tees
    MtlJeff wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

I can tell you from experience the simulator reads those extra yards buddy! LOL.

Let's just say i had a score to settle with Torrey Pines, too

That's what I want to hear!!
    Posted:
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie ClubWRX  999WRX Points: 150Posts: 999 ClubWRX
    Got another range session in yesterday. I'm starting to really like the new SZ 3 wood. It seems every bit as long as my M2 3 wood. But its a little easier to hit a draw with.
    Posted:
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX  9189WRX Points: 302Handicap: +2.5Posts: 9,189 ClubWRX
    Brizam wrote:

Got another range session in yesterday. I'm starting to really like the new SZ 3 wood. It seems every bit as long as my M2 3 wood. But its a little easier to hit a draw with.

I was able to sneak out to the range for about an hour yesterday. It was my first time swinging the new clubs since Torrey, so I was a little rusty. I too hit the 3W and was really impressed. Is it just my head, or does your 3W have a weird seam where the face meets the crown? It doesn't affect performance, but I can feel it with my finger and was surprised.
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram

Advertisement
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie ClubWRX  999WRX Points: 150Posts: 999 ClubWRX
    QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

I was able to sneak out to the range for about an hour yesterday. It was my first time swinging the new clubs since Torrey, so I was a little rusty. I too hit the 3W and was really impressed. Is it just my head, or does your 3W have a weird seam where the face meets the crown? It doesn't affect performance, but I can feel it with my finger and was surprised.

I haven't noticed it. Ill check it out today
    Posted:
  • pitchinwedgepitchinwedge Members  1556WRX Points: 113Handicap: 7.6Posts: 1,556 Platinum Tees
    QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

Talk about a weird seam where the face... not only where the face meets the crown, but everything....

Cobra-King-Ltd-Fairway-Wood-7.jpg
    Posted:
    917 D2 8.50* - Tensei CK Pro White 60
    917 F2 13.5* - Rogue Max 70
    816 H2 19.0* - D+ Plus 90
    716 T-MB (3i, 4i) - Modus 120
    716 CB (5-PW) - Modus 120
    Hogan TK15 - 49, 55
    Edel Deschutes

Photo WITB
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members  2266WRX Points: 146Posts: 2,266 Platinum Tees
    Has there been any list what the standard shaft(s) will be and the shafts that will be available (including upcharge amount) for the "driver not to be named"?
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-5
    Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6
    Callaway Epic Forged 5 - GW with Project X Catalyst 60 5.5 soft stepped once
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Palm Beach
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • HipCheckHipCheck Twitter @robmillertime The Right CoastMembers  6306WRX Points: 160Posts: 6,306 Titanium Tees
    Brizam wrote:

QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

**** Texas residents and their "winter" range sessions.
    Posted:
    Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
     Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

• cz13X4cz13X4 Members  5708WRX Points: 218Posts: 5,708 Titanium Tees
    I can't wait for more fwy pics. Anyone compare to an 816?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • EaglesGolf99EaglesGolf99 Foxboro, MAMembers  2724WRX Points: 220Handicap: +0.8Posts: 2,724 Titanium Tees
    HipCheck wrote:

Brizam wrote:

QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

**** Texas residents and their "winter" range sessions.

Feel your pain, Brother!
    Posted:
    2017 WORLD CHAMPION
    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

W. I. T. B.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 X
    Callaway TC Super Hybrid 17° Tourspec Speeder 904 X
    Callaway TC Apex Hybrid 18° Tourspec Speeder 904 X
    Miura Golf CB • 301 4 | 5 | 6 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Giken CB • 1008 6 | 7 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura CW TB • Zero 7 | 8 | 9
     iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
     Miura Handgrind Raw 46 • 06 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Handgrind Raw 52 • 10 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Handgrind Raw 58 • 10 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Miura Golf Milled Raw 64 • 16 iSeries Proto CWT 105 X
    Sean Toulon Garage Palm Beach Stability EI GJ 1.0
    Bridgestone Golf Tour B XS '20
    Nike Golf Sport Lite Stand '20
  • callawayjaycallawayjay Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever Members  1724WRX Points: 194Handicap: 5.9Posts: 1,724 Platinum Tees
    It was 80 today in ft Worth.
    Posted:
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX Members  3749WRX Points: 293Posts: 3,749 Titanium Tees
    cz13X4 wrote:

I can't wait for more fwy pics. Anyone compare to an 816?

I prefer the 816 shape but I like the performance of the new fairway. It's not as rounded as the 816.
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
    X Forged Utility 22* $-Taper
    Apex Combo 5-P - $-Taper
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x - $-Taper
    Toulon Las Vegas KBS 120
    Jones Utility Rover

• Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods  8975WRX Points: 329Handicap: lowPosts: 8,975 ClubWRX

Stop it.........just stop it.

image/derisive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':derisive:' />
    Posted:
    PING G400 LST 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron DG S300
    PXG 0311T 4-P - DGTI AMT S400
    Titleist SM7 50, 56, 60 - DGTI S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Custom Newport 2
    Snell Black
  • callawayjaycallawayjay Goofiest Left Handed Swing Ever Members  1724WRX Points: 194Handicap: 5.9Posts: 1,724 Platinum Tees
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

Winter warmth in dfw always has an asterisk. High humidity and howling southern winds.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15754WRX Points: 751Posts: 15,754 Titanium Tees
    Coming from a fellow Texan that doesn't live in TX right now...

Cry me a river... image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members  2266WRX Points: 146Posts: 2,266 Platinum Tees

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

Winter warmth in dfw always has an asterisk. High humidity and howling southern winds.

If any of you lucky 8 that live in a snow and cold area would like to send your 2017 driver down to me, I promise to let it get out in warmer weather and send it back up to you when your weather improves.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-5
    Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6
    Callaway Epic Forged 5 - GW with Project X Catalyst 60 5.5 soft stepped once
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Palm Beach
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods  8975WRX Points: 329Handicap: lowPosts: 8,975 ClubWRX
    TM_HOYER wrote:

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

If any of you lucky 8 that live in a snow and cold area would like to send your 2017 driver down to me, I promise to let it get out in warmer weather and send it back up to you when your weather improves.

That's mighty nice of you!

I live in Richmond, VA and the weather here is hit-or-miss. One day its 50 and the next its 30. I am fortunate that I ca play through most of the winter.
    Posted:
    PING G400 LST 9* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron DG S300
    PXG 0311T 4-P - DGTI AMT S400
    Titleist SM7 50, 56, 60 - DGTI S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Custom Newport 2
    Snell Black
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX  9189WRX Points: 302Handicap: +2.5Posts: 9,189 ClubWRX

QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

Talk about a weird seam where the face... not only where the face meets the crown, but everything....

I checked mine (low-spin version) yesterday at the range. It doesn't look like that; it doesn't have that gap from face to body all around. The face meets the crown, but it is like the crown is a tiny bit over the face. Hard to explain; I wish I could show pictures.
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

• D0ch0l1d4yD0ch0l1d4y Members  1124WRX Points: 170Posts: 1,124 Platinum Tees
    QMany wrote:

QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

I checked mine (low-spin version) yesterday at the range. It doesn't look like that; it doesn't have that gap from face to body all around. The face meets the crown, but it is like the crown is a tiny bit over the face. Hard to explain; I wish I could show pictures.

That looks a lot like the Cobra F6 speed channel:

Posted:

Bag set (hopefully) for at least a year. Today's date is 10/8/2019.

Driver: Taylormade M5 9* (set at Standard) - Graphite Design AD IZ 6x
    3 wood: Taylormade SIM 15* - Project X Smoke Black 70 6.5
    Hybrid: Titleist 816 H1 19* - Diamana D+ 90x (on the bench)
    Driving Iron: Taylormade P790 UDI 2 @ 17* - Graphite Design AD DI 105x (on the bench)
    Irons: 2-6 Taylormade 300 Forged (1* weak) - Project X 6.5
    7-PW Taylormade 2014 TPMB (1* weak) - Project X 6.5
    GW: Callaway MD2 slate bent to 53* - KBS Ctaper 130x
    LW: Scratch 1018 DD SFU bent to 59* - KBS Ctaper 130x
    Putter: Bettinardi QB8 Limited - OG BGT Stability shaft - 34.5" @ 68* and 1.5* loft.
    Putter: Bettinardi BB1 Copper Classic - 35" @ 68* and 1.5* loft. (on the bench)

Advertisement
  • 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers  2220WRX Points: 339Posts: 2,220 Platinum Tees
    QMany wrote:

Brizam wrote:

Is it anything like the Razr FIT crown? I had to return one before because it was noticeable and was told it's just where the body met the cup face. You could barely see the seam in the sun but definitely felt it running your finger across it. Same thing as the FT drivers back in the day.
    Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32663WRX Points: 2,906Posts: 32,663 Titanium Tees
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

TM_HOYER wrote:

Hot Rod 71 wrote:

That's mighty nice of you!

I live in Richmond, VA and the weather here is hit-or-miss. One day its 50 and the next its 30. I am fortunate that I ca play through most of the winter.

That is kind of him HotRod. :-)

Here in the Boston area it's not Ft Worth like. A few winters ago we received 9 feet of snow...I felt like I was living in northern Canada with a very short golf season. The next year, not as much snow, but COLD. Same thing last year.

I can't complain though, I'm the idiot that chose to live here...well sorta...
    Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

cb5fad6b5b9513f56d9c42d253fb675f.jpg
    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X