Srixon 765 - Perhaps the most underrated player's iron??

Darth_Fader

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GT does carry srixzon but the ones I go to do not have a cart. I ordered mine from GT. I got them in about 3 weeks and all spot on from what I looked at. I off'd 716 AP2 to get em and am not looking back. These are a very complete set of irons that have everything you could desire from top to bottom. There are few irons on sale that are better

What set makeup did you order? Combo, straight 765? etc.

Just pulled the trigger on 765s with modus 120 stiff. Can't wait for warmer weather

seems like this is a very popular combo

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

im definitely a lower ball flight guy. where do u get one to demo?

so basically the 965 compare to titleist mb

the 765 compare to ap2

the 565 compare to 565 in terms of looks and forgiveness?

I found the 765 is comparable AP2, MP66, Tour Pride M2's

565 comparable to the Cleveland CG Black Forged or AP1 Forged.

Where are you guys going for the free shaft/grip upgrades? I'm not seeing that on their site..?

Here you go.

Thats interesting on the shaft options. Stock Iron shaft in Asia is the NsPro 980 GH DST. The 950GH in Asia comes in a R, SR & S Flex - the SR being Stiff Regular.

The NsPro 950 have several series as follows : 950 GH, 950 GH HT, 950 GH WF (Weight Flow), 950 GH (Utility), 950 GH FW (Fairway Way)

• 2 weeks later...

the 765 compare to ap2

which one is more forgiving the ap2 or 765, and which one feels better

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s

I know these haven't been out long enough (so 745's would do), but does anyone have a pic of what these clubs look like after a season or more of play? I've never owned forged irons,except for a very very short amount of time with j15cb's, and I'm not sure what to expect. I see some used forged irons at golf galaxy that look like they've been through a wood chipper. I take it that isn't normal, but not sure what is.

I know these haven't been out long enough (so 745's would do), but does anyone have a pic of what these clubs look like after a season or more of play? I've never owned forged irons,except for a very very short amount of time with j15cb's, and I'm not sure what to expect. I see some used forged irons at golf galaxy that look like they've been through a wood chipper. I take it that isn't normal, but not sure what is.

I wondered this myself since my last two sets were Pings. I have about 25 rounds or more in them (65's) so far, many in temps in the teens with frozen grounds. Lots of range time with rock hard balls and I walk every round. So far they holding up as well or better than my Pings did in the same amount of rounds. I'll try to get up some pics later.

I wondered this myself since my last two sets were Pings. I have about 25 rounds or more in them (65's) so far, many in temps in the teens with frozen grounds. Lots of range time with rock hard balls and I walk every round. So far they holding up as well or better than my Pings did in the same amount of rounds. I'll try to get up some pics later.

That would be awesome. My last 4 sets have been Pings so it would be a good comparison for me. Thanks.

I can only speak for the 745's but the durability on them is outstanding. I've had mine since they came out and have used them a fair bit and they still look great. Contrast this with irons from other manufacturers that looked awful after a few range sessions.

the 765 compare to ap2

which one is more forgiving the ap2 or 765, and which one feels better

765 all day long and twice on Saturdays. ;)

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

That would be awesome. My last 4 sets have been Pings so it would be a good comparison for me. Thanks.

I took pics of the 4, 9 and A since they looked the worst to me. The A got himself a cool scar recently.

I took pics of the 4, 9 and A since they looked the worst to me. The A got himself a cool scar recently.

Just love the chrome/satin split. ...small little bonus with bling in bag looks and non-glare satin at address

Thanks for the pics. They look great. I'm assuming you do not use iron covers and they still look this good? What kind of bag are you using for your walking rounds? I've been using a sun mountain sync and push cart but want to start carrying this year.

No covers. I use the Sun Mountain Zero G. Very cool bag. I walked over 120 rounds with it this year. My home club is a great walking course.

120 rounds, how did u do that? the sticks looks great

• 8 months later...

So I know this is an old thread, but I wanted some input on a mixed set.

I currently have the Fly Z+ irons with S400 shafts, and I do like them. Plenty forgiving and feel great. The only thing I don't like is the lower irons are harder for me to flight down. They launch high, and can sometimes be harder for me to control, especially on windy days. That's the main reason I'm looking at a mixed set of 565/765/965 irons.

I was originally thinking of getting the 965 in the 9 iron and pw, but after taking a closer look at them in the store, I think the 765s will be just fine down to the pw. There doesn't seem to be as much weight lower in the club, so they should launch lower than the Fly Z+ irons.

I've played Adams CB1 irons in the past and hit them pretty well, so I'm not too worried about forgiveness of the 765s. I would probably for 565s in the 5 & 6 iron, and 765s in the 7-pw. I demoed the 765 6 iron in the store yesterday, and hit it just fine. Wasn't a fan of the Modus 125 in it, so I'll be getting the same s400 shafts in the mixed set.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

Ditto for me. I thought I liked the Nike Vapor Pro Combo that I played for a couple years. The 765's are just longer and straighter. Nippon 125s in mine. Just picked up a U65 2 iron as well.

Oops, gotta fix the profile! :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Tensei AV White 65

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TSR3 24° Diamana Ahina

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

I have a set of 565(5,6) and 765 (7-Aw) w/ modus 120's. Without a doubt the best irons for the money that I have owned. Long, forgiving , great feel. Since I tend miss a little heavy, the v sole is amazing. You can really get away with a poor shot. I've owned and hoe'd many sets of irons, these are my favorite.

Thanks for the input. My miss is a little heavy as well, so knowing this helps a lot. I'm still a few weeks away from ordering them. I don't really have a lot of time to play right now, but as soon as I get some more free time, I'll be getting the 565/765 mixed set. I may even get a U65 4 iron...still debating that one. I have a Super 9031 4 hybrid in the bag, and that club is just a tough one to beat out.

WITB
Driver: 10.5* Stealth 2 Plus set 1 click lower upright setting- Accra FX 2.0 270 M4 

Fairways & Hybrids: TM Stealth2 Plus 5 wood turned down to 17* (AV Raw White 75s); 21* Callaway UW (Tour AD TP 8s); 
Irons: Srixon MKII ZX5 4 Iron (Recoil Utility 110 F4), 5-PW Srixon ZX7 (DG AMT White s300)
Wedges: Tour Satin Cleveland RTX6 48* Mid bent to 49* and 52* bent to 54*;  RTX Zipcore Tour Rack Raw 56* Mid bent to 58* (All wedges with DGTI s400 shafts)

Putter: Toulon Las Vegas h4.5 or Kingston KP1 Carbon Oil Can (both with Stability Tour Black shafts)

I have a set of 565(5,6) and 765 (7-Aw) w/ modus 120's. Without a doubt the best irons for the money that I have owned. Long, forgiving , great feel. Since I tend miss a little heavy, the v sole is amazing. You can really get away with a poor shot. I've owned and hoe'd many sets of irons, these are my favorite.

Thanks for the input. My miss is a little heavy as well, so knowing this helps a lot. I'm still a few weeks away from ordering them. I don't really have a lot of time to play right now, but as soon as I get some more free time, I'll be getting the 565/765 mixed set. I may even get a U65 4 iron...still debating that one. I have a Super 9031 4 hybrid in the bag, and that club is just a tough one to beat out.

I've also gamed the 9031 for a couple of years, and your so right in it being very tough to replace. I did in fact replace it with a U-65 20d. though. Absolutely fantastic utility iron. Extremely soft feel, and great off the tee, or fairway.

My dream set right now if I was looking, would be a blended 765 7-pw, 565 5-6, and U-65 3-4.

Titleist 917D3 9.5
Titleist 917F2 13.5d
Titleist 818H2 17d. hybrid
Mltizuno JPX-850 forged 4-pw
Scratch 8620 53d..
Odyssey white hot tour #2

I've also gamed the 9031 for a couple of years, and your so right in it being very tough to replace. I did in fact replace it with a U-65 20d. though. Absolutely fantastic utility iron. Extremely soft feel, and great off the tee, or fairway.

My dream set right now if I was looking, would be a blended 765 7-pw, 565 5-6, and U-65 3-4.

The U65 is great , it is a shame for the 65 series that Srixon didn't make the "Tour" hybrids and fairway woods as they did for the 45series. It seems a lot of players in USA/NA would have probably loved these options in addition to the utility irons.

The U65 is great , it is a shame for the 65 series that Srixon didn't make the "Tour" hybrids and fairway woods as they did for the 45series. It seems a lot of players in USA/NA would have probably loved these options in addition to the utility irons.

Thanks for the input on the U65. It looks really easy to hit as well. I have a couple of 19* Adams Hybrids (Super XTD & VTS) that I really like, so the 20* probably isn't going to happen, but the 23* is something I'm really considering just because of how good lit looks. In my mind I'm going with the 565s in the 5 & 6 irons, and the 765s in the 7-PW. I have my Milled Grind Wedges in 50, 54, & 58 that I'm pleased with as of now.

WITB