Tour AD-GP or Tour AD-TP??

GoPios25

if you really want a good shaft, skip both of these and get an M9003!

Yeah we talked about that shaft as well. He said he had a collegiate player at NC State that uses that shaft. Says it feels horrible (wrong word...harsh maybe is better) to him but is the best performer of anything he's ever tried and it was about performance at that level. Anyway I'm very excited and satisfied with the results I was able to see and now a believer in being properly fit. After a few rounds I'll report back for those that maybe is looking as well. I'm kind of a moderate tempo guy.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice results 3woodvt!

I'm loving my GP 7x, it's really knocked some spin off my drives which I actually needed. Weird thing is it doesn't feel boardy at all to me, nice smooth load and some kick through the ball. Shaft feels "dense" at impact compared to the OG Whiteboard 73x, like it filters out the bad vibes LOL

if you really want a good shaft, skip both of these and get an M9003!

Someday, after I save a bunch of lunch money I'll grab one of these to try!

Thanks Hammer. First time in about 10 years doing the fitting thing. Been fitted for irons before but never driver. Your description is what I experienced and right on the mark for me and you. Funny thing is I wouldn't have known what you were talking about until after today. It's nice being in the right equipment for a change. Love my irons, hoping I'll love the Driver change, and putting has always been my strength. Cheers! Trying to get back to 0 or dare I say maybe a + GHIN> :taunt: .

PS. My launch went up a degree with the AD-GP but my spin was dropping 300 on average and was getting some great carry for me. Looking forward to seeing if that transposes to the course.

update. First round with new shaft combo and hit 9 of 12 fairways and longer and tighter that previous combo. One bad tee shot due to high toe hit in left rough. Other misses were no trouble. Very nice shaft. I've finally got a shaft I can stick with and not wonder anymore for the next 5 years+. Get Fitted...It pays off. 74 on my 72.7/141 track.

Got to say I'm quite surprised by comments about the AD-GP being boardy - I didn't find that at all. Stiff, of course, but not boardy - certainly nowhere near as boardy as my 'ahina in comparible weight and flex. It's a really good shaft, as are all of the Graphite Design offerings at the moment.

I'm looking forward to hitting the AD-TP. Sounds like that might be the one to go for just for those days when you're not totally at it. Sounds like a great 3W profile too.

For some context, I use C-Taper in my irons.

Got to say I'm quite surprised by comments about the AD-GP being boardy - I didn't find that at all. Stiff, of course, but not boardy - certainly nowhere near as boardy as my 'ahina in comparible weight and flex. It's a really good shaft, as are all of the Graphite Design offerings at the moment.

I'm looking forward to hitting the AD-TP. Sounds like that might be the one to go for just for those days when you're not totally at it. Sounds like a great 3W profile too.

For some context, I use C-Taper in my irons.

I agree as it's anything but boardy for me. Sounds like those making those comments probably need to be in a softer profile like the AD-DI or AD-TP. I was actually worried about it being not stiff enough and I'm sub 110 SS. Turns out its perfect for me and my 106-110SS.

Everyone is different and each person needs to be honest with their limitations. For those that find it not stiff enough they can move up to the next level and the M9003. The very stiff tip and firm mid and firm butt is just what many of us really like. Those that like the soft butt and firm tip probably love the AD-BB and so on. I would be describing the M9003 as "boardy" in stiff flex as I don't particularly like a really stiff mid section but in reality it would be the wrong shaft for me to begin with. When talking shafts a person is crazy to base their purchase off someone else's description on the internet. Go and hit it and make the decision once you see your numbers and how it feels to you. If you don't like how it feels I doubt that person would be keeping it very long.

PS. The not very stiff mid section really loads this club for me as I start an aggressive downswing and creates a wonderful feel and kick for me at impact. Hard to describe but oh so sweet at impact. The very stiff tip keeps the face square along with it's low torque and the ball just wants to always go strait. Perfect shaft for some of us.

Wasn't really a fan of the AD GP in my M series driver - Just ordered a 2017 M1 w/ the AD TP 6X Tipped 1/2"

I'm an AD DI fan in my 3-wood, so I'm thinking the AD TP w/ a 9.5* head may be the ticket. I'll be testing it against my Tensei CK Pro White 70TX.

Let us know how it is!! Thanks

Ditto! I'm excited to hear your thoughts on these two shafts.

Wasn't really a fan of the AD GP in my M series driver - Just ordered a 2017 M1 w/ the AD TP 6X Tipped 1/2"

I'm an AD DI fan in my 3-wood, so I'm thinking the AD TP w/ a 9.5* head may be the ticket. I'll be testing it against my Tensei CK Pro White 70TX.

Bomber 11 I too am looking forward to your thoughts on the TP you're trying but the GP and TP have almost the same profile with the GP mostly having a stiffer tip than the TP. If you're tipping the TP wouldn't that kinda make it just like the GP? I know the GP is slightly firmer in the but end but very little. Anyway look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Oh my God!. Just dropped the G LS with new shaft down to 8* and wow. Ain't even gonna elaborate. Would love to get back on a monitor. Was 162 ball speed with 15 launch and 2300 spin.

Looks like around 12-13 launch with less spin and another 5 or 10 yards. Hmmm? Got to go back somewhere and monitor this thing to compare my original set up at 275 avg carry^^.

Looks like 8 degrees it is now. :taunt: :superman2: . Mark it 8 Dude...and don't look back. :lock:

Anymore info?? I would like to know about the AD TP. Thanks

Look in the equipment section of the front page. There is a review there of the TP agains other GD shafts.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

My setup is supposed to finally be here tomorrow - will have launch monitor #'s this weekend of AD TP vs. Tensei Pro White

Sounds like a solid setup either way.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

I was able to sneak in a little launch monitor time yesterday. Had the front weight centered, and back track all the way to the rear.

Taylormade M1 9.5 w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

• Swing Speed: 117 mph
  • Ball Speed: 175 mph
  • Carry Distance: 309
  • Total Distance: 331
  • Spin: 2100 RPM
  • Launch Angle: 12.7*

Impressions: The Tensei CK Pro White 70TX is very smooth in relation to how firm it is. You can tell it's made to super tight tolerances, and of very high quality materials. It 'kicks' the exact same every time, which I loved because launch angle and dispersion were super tight. I'll need to test further in the summer when I'm loose and swinging a little faster, but for now I'm very pleased with this shaft. I do need to regrip it, as the mid-size that came on it wasn't helping me turn the ball over at all.

Taylormade M1 9.5 w/ Graphite Design AD TP 6X

• Swing Speed: 118 mph
  • Ball Speed: 177 mph
  • Carry Distance: 316
  • Total Distance: 327
  • Spin: 2350
  • Launch Angle: 13.6*

Impressions: Whoever called this shaft "AD DI on Steroids" was very accurate. It feels physically more petite than the Tensei (I believe it tapers down faster than most shafts?) - however, it holds its own as far as firmness w/ the CK Pro White. To me, it feels like AD DI w/ a little bit less active kick. Essentially like an AD DI and AD GP had a baby and painted it silver. It launches higher than the Tensei, AD GP, or AD BB. The difference between this and AD DI is I never felt "out of control" with this shaft. At 118 the AD DI would've began feeling whippy and soft, and the AD TP didn't. Very smooth, easy to load, and releases max power on the ball.

If I were to rank the driver shafts I've hit in the last year on overall performance and feel:

1. Tensei CK Pro White 70TX
  2. Graphite Design AD TP 6X
  3. Graphite Design AD BB 6X
  4. Fujikura Speeder 661 Evo II X
  5. Graphite Design AD DI 7X
  6. Aldila Rogue Silver 60 X
  7. Project X Hzrdus Red 6.0
  8. Graphite Design AD GP 6X
  9. Project X Hzrdus Black 75 6.5
  10. Matrix Ozik Black Tie 75M4

I was able to sneak in a little launch monitor time yesterday. Had the front weight centered, and back track all the way to the rear.

Impressions: The Tensei CK Pro White 70TX is very smooth in relation to how firm it is. You can tell it's made to super tight tolerances, and of very high quality materials. It 'kicks' the exact same every time, which I loved because launch angle and dispersion were super tight. I'll need to test further in the summer when I'm loose and swinging a little faster, but for now I'm very pleased with this shaft. I do need to regrip it, as the mid-size that came on it wasn't helping me turn the ball over at all.

Impressions: Whoever called this shaft "AD DI on Steroids" was very accurate. It feels physically more petite than the Tensei (I believe it tapers down faster than most shafts?) - however, it holds its own as far as firmness w/ the CK Pro White. To me, it feels like AD DI w/ a little bit less active kick. Essentially like an AD DI and AD GP had a baby and painted it silver. It launches higher than the Tensei, AD GP, or AD BB. The difference between this and AD DI is I never felt "out of control" with this shaft. At 118 the AD DI would've began feeling whippy and soft, and the AD TP didn't. Very smooth, easy to load, and releases max power on the ball.

If I were to rank the driver shafts I've hit in the last year on overall performance and feel:

No Kuro Kage on that list??

TS3 8.5, tenseii pro blue 70tx tipped 1"
917 f3 15, tenseii pro blue 80tx tipped 1.5"
U510 2, recoil 110 f5
U500 4, 620mb 5-9, PX 6.5
SM8 46.10, 50.12, PX 6.5

SM8 raw 56.14, 62.10 s400
Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum

Pro V1x left dash

Nice write up. Did you tip either of these? I have a similar swing speed and like the DI and the BB tipped 1".

No Kuro Kage on that list??

Haven't hit the Dual Core yet - I want to. I've heard really good things about it.

Nice write up. Did you tip either of these? I have a similar swing speed and like the DI and the BB tipped 1".

Tensei untipped, AD TP is tipped 1/2"

Bomber_11, any reason you went with the 60 gram in the AD TP instead of the 70 gram, like the Tensei White?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Bomber_11, any reason you went with the 60 gram in the AD TP instead of the 70 gram, like the Tensei White?

That's the only version Taylormade has available on their website for upgrade options.

Since I get 40% off everything Taylormade, it made more sense to go that route vs. ordering the AD TP at retail. I believe it's $380 retail, and I paid $419.99 for the M1 driver w/ AD TP in it :)

That's the only version Taylormade has available on their website for upgrade options.

Since I get 40% off everything Taylormade, it made more sense to go that route vs. ordering the AD TP at retail. I believe it's $380 retail, and I paid $419.99 for the M1 driver w/ AD TP in it :)

Seems odd that they would offer the 60 gram, but not the 70 gram. I could kind of understand not having an 80 gram, because there probably wouldn't be as much demand, but the 70 seems like it would be popular enough to warrant offering it with the 60. Maybe they'll offer the 70 at a later date.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Nice buy.

If you want to stick with the tensi let me know about the TP would love to put that in my 3 wood. Nice write up. Thanks.

This is one of the best writeups I've ever seen on golfwrx. Well done. I have Not order in for a 440 m1 with ad tp6x and cut Wai to get it.

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5. @ 45.5”

Driver Shafts: Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX & MCA Kai’Li White 70X

Mizuno ST Max 230 12.0 Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.5 @ 45.25”
ON ORDER: Mizuno ST Max 230 15.0 Mitsubishi Rayon Kai’Li Blue 70X

Mizuno STZ 230 Hybrid 19.0 @ 17.0 UST Lin-Q Blue 75 F5

ON ORDER: Mizuno Pro 243 5-GW Nippon Modus Pro 120X

Mizuno T24 56/12S & 58/4X Nippon Modus Pro 120X

🤔 Titleist Vokey SM9 60 K Grind 

Rife Phenom.Z 34”

Btw apologize for the spelling mistakes. Was using a blackberry. Lol

Callaway Paradym TD “S” 420cc 8.5. @ 45.5”

Driver Shafts: Project X Evenflow Riptide MX 60TX & MCA Kai’Li White 70X