#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Comments

• misplacedtexan83misplacedtexan83 Members  15696WRX Points: 639Posts: 15,696 Titanium Tees
    Dead on.. change it to whatever and the graphics and grip will not...
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
    Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
    Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
    protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Allendale
    #lookatthebaby #teamcallaway
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • coreyhrcoreyhr Lafferty, Daniel Members  615WRX Points: 274Handicap: +2.9Posts: 615 Golden Tee

coreyhr wrote:

Apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam... but did you guys find that the SZ fairway was pretty easy to elevate? I'm trying to decide between the 15* and 13.5*. I know I can turn the 15 down some, but if I"m gonna be getting close to 13.5 anyway, I'd just assume the shaft graphics be in the standard loft.

Shaft graphics doesn't change with the Callaway adapters.....

Well that makes my decision easy then, that's why I frequent WRX. Only Callaway woods/hybrids I've owned have been non-adjustable, so was unaware of this awesome fact. Thanks!
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9* - Fujikura Ventus Blue VeloCore 6s
    Tour Edge Exotics CBX 119 15* - Tour AD TP 7s
    Callaway XR Pro TC 18* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
    Callaway XR Pro TC 23* Hybrid - Tour AD DI 95x
    Srixon Z745 5-PW - KBS Tour 120s
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50*
    Scratch 56* & 60* - Black KBS Tour Custom
    Bettinardi Three Step Jam 

The sea was angry that day, my friends.
  • proamateurproamateur Members  120WRX Points: 0Handicap: +1Posts: 120

proamateur wrote:

Are there any photos of the used MD Forged wedges in this thread? Or will someone post them? Interested to see how the finishes, particularly the slate, hold up after use. Level of rust, colour loss etc.

Our rep had a used set with him that was worn in real well. Good solid raw rust layer and very uniform wear. I am probably gonna pick some up, I loved them they looked awesome

Thanks, was that the slate or satin?
    Posted:
  • bruinsPATSirishbruinsPATSirish Golf is hard. Members  6429WRX Points: 3Posts: 6,429 Titanium Tees
    proamateur wrote:

proamateur wrote:

Are there any photos of the used MD Forged wedges in this thread? Or will someone post them? Interested to see how the finishes, particularly the slate, hold up after use. Level of rust, colour loss etc.

Our rep had a used set with him that was worn in real well. Good solid raw rust layer and very uniform wear. I am probably gonna pick some up, I loved them they looked awesome

Slate for sure
    Posted:
    bruinsPATSirish WITB!
    Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
    Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
    Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
    Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole
  • proamateurproamateur Members  120WRX Points: 0Handicap: +1Posts: 120

proamateur wrote:

proamateur wrote:

Slate for sure

Thank you, great to hear. Very tempted to pull the trigger on two of these. I'm not sure I necessary *need to* as my SM4s are still in really good shape (best Vokey head IMO) but sometimes when you like something so much it's worth going for it.
    Posted:
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29458WRX Points: 2,385Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,458 Titanium Tees
    I got my satin mack daddy lob wedge today too.

If anyone wants to see picks of 52-56-60 in that finish I can post later
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    SGC NorthWood Center Shaft 400g

Advertisement
  • bruinsPATSirishbruinsPATSirish Golf is hard. Members  6429WRX Points: 3Posts: 6,429 Titanium Tees
    MtlJeff wrote:

I got my satin mack daddy lob wedge today too.

If anyone wants to see picks of 52-56-60 in that finish I can post later

Do it. You won't...
    Posted:
    bruinsPATSirish WITB!
    Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
    Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
    Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
    Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Members  2266WRX Points: 146Posts: 2,266 Platinum Tees
    After all of the great information from the Epic 8, my order has been placed. Epic 10.5 with Project X LZ 60 Handcrafted Stiff and Lamkin iLine grip. They are offering free 2 day shipping to get it to us on the 27th. The bad news is that I will not get to use it until March at the earliest. I am having some procedures done on my back so I can play and practice more this summer. I have to wait one month after the last procedure before I can hit some balls. But I can still setup in my stance and wiggle the club until then.
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-5
    Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6
    Callaway Epic Forged 5 - GW with Project X Catalyst 60 5.5 soft stepped once
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Palm Beach
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX  25366WRX Points: 2,511Handicap: 2 ManyPosts: 25,366 ClubWRX
    Waterboy wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

Who all was fit into the AD TP? Any thoughts from rounds played after the trip?

I was fit into that shaft.

Going to do more testing this week with the shaft. Felt good during the fitting.

Where are you doing the testing?
    Posted:
  • Dscvrr St LouisDscvrr St Louis #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & HOGAN Ft Worth ClubWRX  5439WRX Points: 184Handicap: 3.9Posts: 5,439 Titanium Tees
    we got the MD3 Forged in the store today as our demos. Love the straight edge and the feel was very solid...good feedback and the grind was great off a tight lie when chipping....50-54-58 are in the near future!!
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash  SZ 9.0 VA Composites Mystery Shaft
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15 VA Composites Drago 75 04
    Callaway 816 Alpha Hybrid 19* Veylix Rome 888 S
    Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW/ Epon AF-305 4- PW both Mitsubishi MMT 125 TX Graphite
    Odyssey WHP #3, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft, Toulon Palm Beach, Toulon Azalea
    Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
    Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff MontrealMembers  29458WRX Points: 2,385Handicap: 0.0Posts: 29,458 Titanium Tees

we got the MD3 Forged in the store today as our demos. Love the straight edge and the feel was very solid...good feedback and the grind was great off a tight lie when chipping....50-54-58 are in the near future!!

I loved the look of the wedges. The straight edge and head shape was perfect for me, and the grind works since i am the pickiest picker that ever picked. I can leave a grass range like a cat burglar in that you never knew i was there.

The feel was interesting, i've been using Mpr-12's for a few years and i found the Mizuno's felt quite softer. They feel firm for a forged club i think.

But they seem to work so far. When we played Torrey i hit a few wedges tight so no complaints. Unfortunately many of those were for par saves though.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300

Advertisement
  • WaterboyWaterboy #TheWRX Members  1313WRX Points: 120Posts: 1,313 Platinum Tees
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Waterboy wrote:

swizbeatz wrote:

Who all was fit into the AD TP? Any thoughts from rounds played after the trip?

I was fit into that shaft.

Going to do more testing this week with the shaft. Felt good during the fitting.

Where are you doing the testing?

Small golf getaway to FL.

6 rounds, 4 days
    Posted:
    Twitter:
    Site: www.thebottomgroove.com

WITB:
    Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
    Callaway BBA 5 Wood
    Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
    Apex Hybrid 23deg
    Apex Pro 5i-PW
    MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
    MD3 60 PM Grind
    Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie ClubWRX  996WRX Points: 149Posts: 996 ClubWRX
    My favorite thing about the AD TP shaft is it feels very stable. You can give it all you have (for me that isn't too much) and it's still where you think it is. I've always leaned toward Diamana white profiled shafts and this is every bit as good as any of them. I will say that my Tensei pro white has a bit smoother of a feel but he AD TP is in no way harsh. THey didn't have any 70g Tensei whites at the fitting center when we were there so I might throw a tip on mine and try it out.
    Posted:
  • Sean2Sean2 Members  32505WRX Points: 2,523Posts: 32,505 Titanium Tees
    I am really liking the Epic fairway woods. I have a 3/7/9. For me they launch high, without ballooning, and I get very good distance. Since the 7 and 9 launch so high, they land on the green softly. I had hybrids before, but I found I hit the 7 and 9 higher and farther. The hybrid trajectory was rather low in comparison and it was difficult for the ball to stay on the green.
    Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7746WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,746 Titanium Tees
    Sean2 wrote:

I am really liking the Epic fairway woods. I have a 3/7/9. For me they launch high, without ballooning, and I get very good distance. Since the 7 and 9 launch so high, they land on the green softly. I had hybrids before, but I found I hit the 7 and 9 higher and farther. The hybrid trajectory was rather low in comparison and it was difficult for the ball to stay on the green.

Sounds great! When you have time can take some pictures of your 3/7/9 woods next to each other?

Thanks.
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
    GC70 wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

Sounds great! When you have time can take some pictures of your 3/7/9 woods next to each other?

Thanks.

Sure, I can do that.
    Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

Advertisement
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX  1692WRX Points: 240Handicap: 4Posts: 1,692 ClubWRX
    Got the MBs I have been saving for. Now I have to start saving up for my EPIC SZ. This place is not a good influence. And I like it.
    Posted:
    Here are the woods: 3/7/9

Posted:

ps: I don't know why the came out sideways.
    Posted:

• JDSPGAJDSPGA St. Louis,MOMembers  428WRX Points: 97Posts: 428 Greens
    Did any of you hit the Epic Heavenwood? I'm debating between which to order, the 5 wood or the Heavenwood set to 19 degrees...
    Posted:

Callaway Staff/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff

Mavrik Max- Helium Proto 4F5
    Mavrik Max 3+ - Lin-Q 7F4
    Mavrik Max 5W - Lin-Q 6F4
    Apex 19 Hybrid - Recoil Hybrid Prototype 85F4
    Apex Pro 19 5-9 - Custom Recoil Prototype 95
    MD5 JAWS 46,52,56,60 - Custom Recoil Wedge Proto 110
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Black or Directed Force - Stability Shaft
    Chrome Soft X Truvis Yellow

Sean2 wrote:

Just don't HIT them sideways Sean!
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300

Advertisement
    Hah! You got that right Jeff!
    Posted:

• braincramp52braincramp52 Freeport, IllinoisMembers  6251WRX Points: 1,543Handicap: 10Posts: 6,251 Titanium Tees
    ZAP wrote:

Got the MBs I have been saving for. Now I have to start saving up for my EPIC SZ. This place is not a good influence. And I like it.

Good for you Zap. Post some pics of those left handed beauties!
    Posted:
    Ping G400 driver
    Titleist 917 F2 3 wood
    Ping Anser 20,23,27 Hybrids 
    Wilson Staff MB's 6-PW
    Ping Glide 3.0 50*
    Ping, Glide 54,58ES Wedge
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3

Snell MTB X

Just because your offended doesn't mean you're right
  • hurricanes7hurricanes7 Members  2846WRX Points: 3Posts: 2,846 Titanium Tees
    thx for the pics, im ordering all of those
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]DRIVER- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
    3 WOOD- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
    HYBRID- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
    IRONS- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
    GAP- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
    SAND- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
    LOB- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
    PUTTER- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
    BALL- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font]
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of HockeyClubWRX  7746WRX Points: 304Handicap: 7.1Posts: 7,746 Titanium Tees
    Sean2 wrote:

Thanks Sean !

The 9 looks bigger then the heaven also looks like a different shape?
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link
  • 3_Jack_Par3_Jack_Par Winter is stupid Members, ClubWRX  6307WRX Points: 344Posts: 6,307 ClubWRX
    Did any of you guys who hit the SZ find that moving the heavier weight forward changed the feel of the strike? I hit one today and the numbers I was getting with the weight back were really good -- spin in the 2300 area, ball speed about 2-3 mph faster than my gamer with other stats just about identical -- so I'm not someone that would likely be helped by playing it with the weight forward, but I wanted to hit it set up that way just to see if it would change much. It definitely changed. I hit it a few times in that setup, and in addition to the fact that I found it harder to find the center of the clubface, I thought it really changed the feel in a negative way. It didn't even feel like the same driver. Really weird that it would be that much of a difference, but it felt consistently bad in that configuration. Not really relevant since I wouldn't play it that way anyway, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that?
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* (set to -1.5*), 44.5", Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Synergy Tour Green 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34"
    WITB Link

Advertisement
  • jdub_utjdub_ut Members  108WRX Points: 0Handicap: 3Posts: 108
    3 Jack Par wrote:

Did any of you guys who hit the SZ find that moving the heavier weight forward changed the feel of the strike? I hit one today and the numbers I was getting with the weight back were really good -- spin in the 2300 area, ball speed about 2-3 mph faster than my gamer with other stats just about identical -- so I'm not someone that would likely be helped by playing it with the weight forward, but I wanted to hit it set up that way just to see if it would change much. It definitely changed. I hit it a few times in that setup, and in addition to the fact that I found it harder to find the center of the clubface, I thought it really changed the feel in a negative way. It didn't even feel like the same driver. Really weird that it would be that much of a difference, but it felt consistently bad in that configuration. Not really relevant since I wouldn't play it that way anyway, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that?

I hit 3 or 4 shots with the weight forward, and immediately switched it back. I did not like the sound or feel. My dispersion was much worse with the weight forward, as well.
    Posted:
    Callaway GBB EPIC Sub Zero, HZRDUS Yellow 65g
    Callaway XR Pro 20° hybrid, Tour AD DI
    Callaway X2Hot Pro 23° hybrid, Aldila Tour Green
    Callaway Apex Pro 7-PW / Apex 5&6, KBS Tour V
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
    Mack Daddy 2 50°, 54°, PM Grind 58°
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • 3_Jack_Par3_Jack_Par Winter is stupid Members, ClubWRX  6307WRX Points: 344Posts: 6,307 ClubWRX
    jdub_ut wrote:

3 Jack Par wrote:

I hit 3 or 4 shots with the weight forward, and immediately switched it back. I did not like the sound or feel. My dispersion was much worse with the weight forward, as well.

Yeah, that was exactly my experience. With the weight forward, it actually performed and felt a lot like the 2017 M2, which I also hit and did not care for at all. It's just a little surprising that the feel and performance change so much by shifting the location of 10 grams.
    Posted:
    Ping G410 LST 9* (set to -1.5*), 44.5", Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
    Ping G410 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Aldila Synergy Tour Green 80TX
    Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) HZRDUS Black 85X (or Srixon Z u45 18* Nippon Modus3 120x or Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x)
    Scratch SB-1 3-PW, Nippon Modus3 120x
    Corey Paul 52*/Titleist Vokey Forged 58* K-Grind, Nippon Modus3 125 Blue Wedge shafts,  Titleist Vokey SM6 62* M-Grind DG S200 (sometimes)
    Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34"
    WITB Link
  • My2DogsMy2Dogs Members  1146WRX Points: 181Posts: 1,146 Platinum Tees
    Sean,

Why did you go with a 3,7,9 wood set up and did not add the 5 wood? Was there a gap issue or did you already have a 5 wood that thenEpic could not replace?
    Posted:
    Driver: TM Sim Max 9*-Ventus Black 6X/Callaway Mavrik 9*- Ventus Black 6X.  
    3 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Mavrik - Ventus Red 7X
    5 wood: Callaway Tour Issued Flash- Ventus Blue 8X
    PXG 4i 0311X Gen2 Driving Iron C Taper 130X Flex
    5-GW PXG Gen2 C Taper 130 X Flex
    Reneger 54* bent to 55* SW
    Miura 1957 60* LW
    Directed Force 2.1 Reno model putter, 35inches with Stability Shaft

Advertisement
    GC70 wrote:

Sean2 wrote:

Thanks Sean !

The 9 looks bigger then the heaven also looks like a different shape?

I know it looks that way, but they are the same shape and the 9-wood is a hair smaller.

My2Dogs wrote:

Sean,

Why did you go with a 3,7,9 wood set up and did not add the 5 wood? Was there a gap issue or did you already have a 5 wood that thenEpic could not replace?

That is what the fitter recommended. I was suppose to get the Heavenwood set at 20º, which would have been a 4º of separation among the woods. It is currently this: 16º / 21º / 24º.
    Posted:

This discussion has been closed.