#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam... but did you guys find that the SZ fairway was pretty easy to elevate? I'm trying to decide between the 15* and 13.5*. I know I can turn the 15 down some, but if I"m gonna be getting close to 13.5 anyway, I'd just assume the shaft graphics be in the standard loft.

Shaft graphics doesn't change with the Callaway adapters.....

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dead on.. change it to whatever and the graphics and grip will not...

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam... but did you guys find that the SZ fairway was pretty easy to elevate? I'm trying to decide between the 15* and 13.5*. I know I can turn the 15 down some, but if I"m gonna be getting close to 13.5 anyway, I'd just assume the shaft graphics be in the standard loft.

Shaft graphics doesn't change with the Callaway adapters.....

Well that makes my decision easy then, that's why I frequent WRX. Only Callaway woods/hybrids I've owned have been non-adjustable, so was unaware of this awesome fact. Thanks!

Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5° | Tensei Pro Orange 60s

Taylormade BRNR Mini 13.5° | Hzrdus Yellow 75 6.5

Callaway Apex UW 19° | Tour AD TP 7s

Callaway XR Pro 23° | Tour AD DI 95x
Mizuno Pro 225 5-PW | Dynamic Gold 120 S300
Cleveland RTX 6: 50° 56° 60° | KBS Tour Custom 120s Black 

L.A.B. DF 3 Counterbalance 37.5" | TPT Putter Shaft 

Are there any photos of the used MD Forged wedges in this thread? Or will someone post them? Interested to see how the finishes, particularly the slate, hold up after use. Level of rust, colour loss etc.

Our rep had a used set with him that was worn in real well. Good solid raw rust layer and very uniform wear. I am probably gonna pick some up, I loved them they looked awesome

Thanks, was that the slate or satin?

Are there any photos of the used MD Forged wedges in this thread? Or will someone post them? Interested to see how the finishes, particularly the slate, hold up after use. Level of rust, colour loss etc.

Our rep had a used set with him that was worn in real well. Good solid raw rust layer and very uniform wear. I am probably gonna pick some up, I loved them they looked awesome

Slate for sure

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

Slate for sure

Thank you, great to hear. Very tempted to pull the trigger on two of these. I'm not sure I necessary *need to* as my SM4s are still in really good shape (best Vokey head IMO) but sometimes when you like something so much it's worth going for it.

I got my satin mack daddy lob wedge today too.

If anyone wants to see picks of 52-56-60 in that finish I can post later

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I got my satin mack daddy lob wedge today too.

If anyone wants to see picks of 52-56-60 in that finish I can post later

Do it. You won't...

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

After all of the great information from the Epic 8, my order has been placed. Epic 10.5 with Project X LZ 60 Handcrafted Stiff and Lamkin iLine grip. They are offering free 2 day shipping to get it to us on the 27th. The bad news is that I will not get to use it until March at the earliest. I am having some procedures done on my back so I can play and practice more this summer. I have to wait one month after the last procedure before I can hit some balls. But I can still setup in my stance and wiggle the club until then.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

we got the MD3 Forged in the store today as our demos. Love the straight edge and the feel was very solid...good feedback and the grind was great off a tight lie when chipping....50-54-58 are in the near future!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

we got the MD3 Forged in the store today as our demos. Love the straight edge and the feel was very solid...good feedback and the grind was great off a tight lie when chipping....50-54-58 are in the near future!!

I loved the look of the wedges. The straight edge and head shape was perfect for me, and the grind works since i am the pickiest picker that ever picked. I can leave a grass range like a cat burglar in that you never knew i was there.

The feel was interesting, i've been using Mpr-12's for a few years and i found the Mizuno's felt quite softer. They feel firm for a forged club i think.

But they seem to work so far. When we played Torrey i hit a few wedges tight so no complaints. Unfortunately many of those were for par saves though.

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Who all was fit into the AD TP? Any thoughts from rounds played after the trip?

I was fit into that shaft.

Going to do more testing this week with the shaft. Felt good during the fitting.

Where are you doing the testing?

Small golf getaway to FL.

6 rounds, 4 days

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

My favorite thing about the AD TP shaft is it feels very stable. You can give it all you have (for me that isn't too much) and it's still where you think it is. I've always leaned toward Diamana white profiled shafts and this is every bit as good as any of them. I will say that my Tensei pro white has a bit smoother of a feel but he AD TP is in no way harsh. THey didn't have any 70g Tensei whites at the fitting center when we were there so I might throw a tip on mine and try it out.

I am really liking the Epic fairway woods. I have a 3/7/9. For me they launch high, without ballooning, and I get very good distance. Since the 7 and 9 launch so high, they land on the green softly. I had hybrids before, but I found I hit the 7 and 9 higher and farther. The hybrid trajectory was rather low in comparison and it was difficult for the ball to stay on the green.

I am really liking the Epic fairway woods. I have a 3/7/9. For me they launch high, without ballooning, and I get very good distance. Since the 7 and 9 launch so high, they land on the green softly. I had hybrids before, but I found I hit the 7 and 9 higher and farther. The hybrid trajectory was rather low in comparison and it was difficult for the ball to stay on the green.

Sounds great! When you have time can take some pictures of your 3/7/9 woods next to each other?

Thanks.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Sounds great! When you have time can take some pictures of your 3/7/9 woods next to each other?

Thanks.

Sure, I can do that.

Did any of you hit the Epic Heavenwood? I'm debating between which to order, the 5 wood or the Heavenwood set to 19 degrees...

Callaway National Fitters Board/Adidas Staff/UST Mamiya Advisory Staff
AI Smoke Max - Lin-Q M40X Blue 
AI Smoke Max 3W - Lin-Q M40X Red
AI Smoke Max 5W - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex UW - Lin-Q M40X White
Apex Pro 24 5-8, CB 9-11 - Recoil Dart 105
JAWS Raw 54W,60Z - Recoil Wedge Proto 110
Toulon Le Mans - UST All-In
Chrome Tour

Got the MBs I have been saving for. Now I have to start saving up for my EPIC SZ. This place is not a good influence. And I like it.

Good for you Zap. Post some pics of those left handed beauties!

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

thx for the pics, im ordering all of those

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

ps: I don't know why the came out sideways.

Thanks Sean !

The 9 looks bigger then the heaven also looks like a different shape?

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Did any of you guys who hit the SZ find that moving the heavier weight forward changed the feel of the strike? I hit one today and the numbers I was getting with the weight back were really good -- spin in the 2300 area, ball speed about 2-3 mph faster than my gamer with other stats just about identical -- so I'm not someone that would likely be helped by playing it with the weight forward, but I wanted to hit it set up that way just to see if it would change much. It definitely changed. I hit it a few times in that setup, and in addition to the fact that I found it harder to find the center of the clubface, I thought it really changed the feel in a negative way. It didn't even feel like the same driver. Really weird that it would be that much of a difference, but it felt consistently bad in that configuration. Not really relevant since I wouldn't play it that way anyway, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that?

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Cobra King RF Forged MB - 4-PW, KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Did any of you guys who hit the SZ find that moving the heavier weight forward changed the feel of the strike? I hit one today and the numbers I was getting with the weight back were really good -- spin in the 2300 area, ball speed about 2-3 mph faster than my gamer with other stats just about identical -- so I'm not someone that would likely be helped by playing it with the weight forward, but I wanted to hit it set up that way just to see if it would change much. It definitely changed. I hit it a few times in that setup, and in addition to the fact that I found it harder to find the center of the clubface, I thought it really changed the feel in a negative way. It didn't even feel like the same driver. Really weird that it would be that much of a difference, but it felt consistently bad in that configuration. Not really relevant since I wouldn't play it that way anyway, but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that?

I hit 3 or 4 shots with the weight forward, and immediately switched it back. I did not like the sound or feel. My dispersion was much worse with the weight forward, as well.

Callaway GBB EPIC Sub Zero, HZRDUS Yellow 65g
Callaway XR Pro 20° hybrid, Tour AD DI
Callaway X2Hot Pro 23° hybrid, Aldila Tour Green
Callaway Apex Pro 7-PW / Apex 5&6, KBS Tour V
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Mack Daddy 2 50°, 54°, PM Grind 58°
Callaway Chrome Soft

I hit 3 or 4 shots with the weight forward, and immediately switched it back. I did not like the sound or feel. My dispersion was much worse with the weight forward, as well.

Yeah, that was exactly my experience. With the weight forward, it actually performed and felt a lot like the 2017 M2, which I also hit and did not care for at all. It's just a little surprising that the feel and performance change so much by shifting the location of 10 grams.

Ping G430 LST 9* (set to 7.5*), 45", Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6x
Ping G430 LST 14.5* (set to 13*) Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
TaylorMade M2 Tour 18*, Fujikura Rombax P95x or Tour Edge CBX Iron-Wood 17* (Black Pearl) Fujikura Ventus HB Blue 9x or Tour Issue or Titleist TSi2 21* (set to 20*) Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Cobra King RF Forged MB - 4-PW, KBS C-Taper 120 Stiff
Corey Paul 52*, Nippon Modus 125/Titleist Vokey SM8 58* K-Grind & 62* M-Grind DG S200
Byron Morgan long pipe neck B-17, Brushed Mystic finish, 34" or Byron Morgan long pipe neck beached 007x

Sean,

Why did you go with a 3,7,9 wood set up and did not add the 5 wood? Was there a gap issue or did you already have a 5 wood that thenEpic could not replace?

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag