tournaments in florida

looking for tournaments in fla
hey guys im just startin to play the best golf of my life and im looking for some tournaments to play. i kno there are many to chose from come the end of may but do u guys have any ideas on the next couple of months.

thanks

Comments

• SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,783 ClubWRX
    As you know there are going to be a ton of tournaments in Florida, but in order for me to give you a little better reccomendation, it would be nice to have a little more information...Like, what is your tournament experience in the past, what type of competition are you looking for...ect.

Thanks, Bryan
  • drpaperclip7drpaperclip7 Members Posts: 62
    hey sry bout that, im 15 and a 5 hcp i havnt had very much tournament play i have only played my county amateur championship this year, i use to play tournis but due to 4 broken arms in less than 2 years i really just started getting really serious about playin
    Alright that gives me a better idea, I would say look into the FSGA Florida Junior Golf Tour --> http://www.floridajuniortour.org/ It seems like a pretty solid tour that wouldn't give you the overwhelming competition of say an IJGT or AJGA event. I know the winning scores may seem pretty low, but at 15, you have some time to get there, and with the quality of the players and courses they play it would definitely be a good experience for you.

If you have any other questions, or need more reccomendations, I would be happy to do some more research for you.

- Bryan
  • Missinglink08Missinglink08 Account Hold Posts: 375
    FCWT, IJGT, Florida junior tour, PJGT, X-factor junior tour, ALL-STAR junior tour...... any of those are pretty good tournaments in Florida right now!
    Missinglink08 wrote on Mar 7 2006, 07:23 PM:

FCWT, IJGT, Florida junior tour, PJGT, X-factor junior tour, ALL-STAR junior tour...... any of those are pretty good tournaments in Florida right now!

I definitely agree, BUT I was just going by he hasn't really had a ton of tournament experience so the FJGT would be a good place to start, and then if he feels he's ready then the ALL-Star Junior tour, FCWT, ect. would be very good tours to look at.

- Bryan
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    pga south florida junior golf tour is stopping in doral thi summer aug 1-2 and well Im playing that. That should be my 3rd tournament of my life so lets see what happens.
  • drpaperclip7drpaperclip7 Members Posts: 62
    thanks guys yea i have looked at alot of these tours have some pretty good winning scores im just looking for the expierence. im workin hard and want to get serious about tournament play in the next year or so.

i signed up for the fsga junior championship and im looking in to a august florida junior tour event. tahnks for the help
    Best of luck to you in all of your tournaments this summer, tournament play is so exciting. You'll have to tell us how you do!

- Bryan
    Play South Florida PGA Junior Tour this summer. We play Boca Lago, Fox Club, Bonita Bay Club, TwinEagles, PGA Golf Club, Doral (unfortunately the White Course, so I have heard), and the tour championship at Martin Downs. Last year we got to play Mirasol (very crappy) and Ocean Reef on Key Largo. I'd like to hear if anyone else has had the privilege to play Ocean Reef Club Dolphin Course. This is the best course I have ever played. Ocean Reef is one of the most exclusive clubs in America.

Uggh, we have a new Junior Golf Director at the SFPGA this year... I hope he doesn't **** things up.

BTW, contact Don Law for more information on SFPGA Junior Tour. He's the chairman of the tour, and he's also the very best instructor in Florida.
    its the white because the blue is going down for the summer due to next year WGC. Silver they wont touch it lmfao. White aint that bad. Anyway Im playing the doral stop probably. Also, Westfield JR PGA qualifiers are a good place to start also. Im playing the Miami Springs stop.