SuperSpeed Golf training system

I've been seeing a lot of Instagram posts of this training system. Thoughts? What's the difference between this and an Orange Whip or a SKLZ Gold Flex besides the 3 different weighted clubs?!

I have been at it for 2 weeks now. SS before was 105 consistently, now 107... I have also being using the SOMAX, so I am not sure which is contributing to the increase but I am excited for the future for sure...

I can't believe anyone bought a somax.:) The golf part of the site isn't too bad (not saying it is great) but the rest of the site is pure crackpot:)

I haven't found one golfer who has legitimately used it!

Anyone?

I've been seeing a lot of Instagram posts of this training system. Thoughts? What's the difference between this and an Orange Whip or a SKLZ Gold Flex besides the 3 different weighted clubs?!

I have been at it for 2 weeks now. SS before was 105 consistently, now 107... I have also being using the SOMAX, so I am not sure which is contributing to the increase but I am excited for the future for sure...

I can't believe anyone bought a somax.:) The golf part of the site isn't too bad (not saying it is great) but the rest of the site is pure crackpot:)

Anyone?

I bought a used one locally. I used it for 5 months pretty seriously. It dramatically increased my hip speed and power, however I personally had a hard time translating that into any clubhead increases. My SS going in was 117 and coming out was still 117. I lost a decent amount of fat around the mid section and my ball striking with my irons improved greatly. My scores never really changed however.

I was also playing hockey and attempting the gym and other various outdoor activities during my use with Somax. This may have not been been the best scenario for usage. I ultimately stopped using the device as it kept aggravating a prior injury in my right foot which made golfing and using the device for prolonged periods very painful.

I feel the device is a great way to strengthen hip rotation and work on separation.

TSi3 9° - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX  

TSi2 13.5° - Tensei Pro White 80TX 

TSi2 18° - Tensei Pro White 80TX

718 TMB 3 - Tensei Pro White 100TX

T100 4-GW - MMT 125TX

SM8 54° & 58° - MMT 125TX

Odyssey Big-T Blade                                                  

ProV1X                                                                  

I always wondered about the Somax after seeing the videos because the left hip raises as the right hip lowers and drives through on your swing. Using the device it just rotates flat. Rory has the fastest hips out of any PGA guy and he is only at like 2mph. They said the average armature is around 1mph. Might be good for my spare tire though.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Anyone?

I bought a used one locally. I used it for 5 months pretty seriously. It dramatically increased my hip speed and power, however I personally had a hard time translating that into any clubhead increases. My SS going in was 117 and coming out was still 117. I lost a decent amount of fat around the mid section and my ball striking with my irons improved greatly. My scores never really changed however.

I was also playing hockey and attempting the gym and other various outdoor activities during my use with Somax. This may have not been been the best scenario for usage. I ultimately stopped using the device as it kept aggravating a prior injury in my right foot which made golfing and using the device for prolonged periods very painful.

I feel the device is a great way to strengthen hip rotation and work on separation.

You want to sell it? I'll try anything...

Like iTeach said it's important not to have the heavy stick too heavy. Superspeed heavy club is %5 heavier than normal driver weight.

Ping G400 MAX 9* Rouge Silver 125MSI 60-TX
Ping G400 Stretch 13.5* Rouge Black 110MSI 80-TX
Ping Crossover 18* Tour 90-X
Ping i200 4-P KBS Tour 130-X
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50*,54* SS 58* TS KBS Tour-X
Ping Sigma G Tyne H
Ping Hoofer
Titleist ProV1X

I have adjusted my Heavy 410 gram club down to 360 gram. That's 9% heavier then my 915.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

For anyone wondering more info on the build. I bought 3 calibration weights 150,200,300.

After drilling them 1.25" with a 9.1mm bit (Amazon) they each lost exactly 15grams of weight. So I ended up with 135/185/285 weights.

I ordered 3 graffaloy pro blue 75 gram .350 shafts off RBG for $12 a piece after coupons. I tipped them each 1.5" to help keep them stiff. They have 4" of parallel tip in case anyone is wondering.

I shafted them with Brampton 20/20 Epoxy (strongest stuff on earth) and Brampton shafting beads. I left some extra epoxy coming out of top where it meets the ferrule in an attempt to make sure the shaft was protected and wouldn't snap against the steel. I'd recommend using collared ferrules if you have them but I just went with what I had on hand.

My normal driver is 347 grams total weight.

My speed sticks came out at

266 77%

316 91%

408 117%

My heavy one I used a grip that was 10grams lighter than the others but it still came out a little heavy. I may have to drill out some weight in the future.

b108c9898b79d2e94efc9ca1b8fc7dd1.jpgab60bf61b627362c83b7c20f25876719.jpgc8529dd6e9c1ae2ad4b3a2720ed64990.jpg

• Like 1
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

This has helped me, I've went up from 108-112 to 115-122 in a month.

The gains have mainly been fromnaligning my kinematic sequence vs speed themselves.

I made my own from $5 shafts on eBay and washers. $20 total vs the 200 they charge

Would love a how to on this. Thanks!

I prepped the shaft 2", put 2 inches worth of washers on the shaft and epoxied them in place. I think I used .375" washers. Not quite sure. Then I taped more washers to get it to the right weight. I wanted to make sure that the balance was consistent so that's why I didn't add washers all the way up.

I used 180, 200 and 220 grams

Could you wrap lead tape on the shaft?

This has helped me, I've went up from 108-112 to 115-122 in a month.

The gains have mainly been fromnaligning my kinematic sequence vs speed themselves.

I made my own from $5 shafts on eBay and washers. $20 total vs the 200 they charge

Would love a how to on this. Thanks!

I prepped the shaft 2", put 2 inches worth of washers on the shaft and epoxied them in place. I think I used .375" washers. Not quite sure. Then I taped more washers to get it to the right weight. I wanted to make sure that the balance was consistent so that's why I didn't add washers all the way up.

I used 180, 200 and 220 grams

Could you wrap lead tape on the shaft?

Sure but it would be less expensive to buy washers

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

A word of warning on fixing these weights to the shaft tips. I'd be making sure that i placed a collared ferrule in the usual place, just like you would with a club head, to prevent a shear point. Although I'm not sure if not hitting a ball is enough to prevent shear stress being excessive.

More than likely the head will simply slam into the ground if it snaps off, but is it worth the risk to a family member? Imagine a 200g weight flying at 130mph? Like a bullet.

For anyone wondering more info on the build. I bought 3 calibration weights 150,200,300.

After drilling them 1.25" with a 9.1mm bit (Amazon) they each lost exactly 15grams of weight. So I ended up with 135/185/285 weights.

I ordered 3 graffaloy pro blue 75 gram .350 shafts off RBG for $12 a piece after coupons. I tipped them each 1.5" to help keep them stiff. They have 4" of parallel tip in case anyone is wondering.

I shafted them with Brampton 20/20 Epoxy (strongest stuff on earth) and Brampton shafting beads. I left some extra epoxy coming out of top where it meets the ferrule in an attempt to make sure the shaft was protected and wouldn't snap against the steel. I'd recommend using collared ferrules if you have them but I just went with what I had on hand.

My normal driver is 347 grams total weight.

My speed sticks came out at

266 77%

316 91%

408 117%

My heavy one I used a grip that was 10grams lighter than the others but it still came out a little heavy. I may have to drill out some weight in the future.

b108c9898b79d2e94efc9ca1b8fc7dd1.jpgab60bf61b627362c83b7c20f25876719.jpgc8529dd6e9c1ae2ad4b3a2720ed64990.jpg

Sorry man, didn't even see your post about using collared ferrules! Great advice and it looks like you've done a very professional job on them. First class.

Make sure you get some pictures with your first time speeds and speeds after a week. You will be amazed with how the Speed starts cranking up.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

My ball speed has went up on trackman

I was getting 160 mph ball speed and now I am at 172-174

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

Why did this topic go off on making these at home to save $90? THe set is only $200.. SS up 4mph after 3 weeks...

PING G430 Max 8 degree (digitally lofted) TR Blue 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D4 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

More than likely the head will simply slam into the ground if it snaps off, but is it worth the risk to a family member? Imagine a 200g weight flying at 130mph? Like a bullet.

Actually, that 130 mph is only 191 feet per second. A .308 caliber rifle bullet is launched at approximately 3000 feet per second. Can't quite determine how far a golf ball will travel with that kind of club head speed, but suffice it to say you won't need to carry anything more than a lob wedge and a putter.

Why did this topic go off on making these at home to save $90? THe set is only $200.. SS up 4mph after 3 weeks...

If the SuperSpeed clubs were priced around $130-150 I probably would of bought them. Im pretty happy with the results I got from mine for a little under $100. If they Did a package for $200 that includes the Swing Radar then it would be worth the price.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

i think I'm all in for $75 which saved me $125. Plus it's winter and I have nothing better to do. Are you above saving 65% off retail? In reality it's a weight and a shaft with no technology. $200 seems crazy to me
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

Actually, that 130 mph is only 191 feet per second. A .308 caliber rifle bullet is launched at approximately 3000 feet per second. Can't quite determine how far a golf ball will travel with that kind of club head speed, but suffice it to say you won't need to carry anything more than a lob wedge and a putter.

Ha, slight exaggeration! But the point is, injury or worse could happen at 130mph and a solid metal object.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread, some good stuff in here. Carry on.

If you check out the Super Speed golf videos on you tube you can start with Protocol one. It has alot to do with building your other side of your body. Supplement it with wrist curls and bicept curls. Your wrists and hands will ache after the first few workouts.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

There's all kinds of training devices out there to increase swing speed. I've got the Speed Whoosh which is a lighter club that helps increase speed and identify the release point. I've also got a Matzie swing trainer, but don't use that for speed training. The heavier clubs are for engraining your swing and positions but if you swing them too hard you will end up hurting yourself (I can attest as it aided me damaging my shoulder a few years ago). Each device has its benefits but you need to use them correctly to achieve results and avoid hurting yourself. Like anything else out there, the training aids are great if they are used correctly.