SuperSpeed Golf training system

I was only interested in one ~10% less weight than my driver. Ended up just buying a used Cleveland XL270 w/ a 65g shaft for $35, which puts it at 295g total weight. I can adjust from there. Anyone know the total weight of a Ping G driver with a 75g shaft and tour velvet grip? I'm guessing around 335.

Titleist TSi3 8° - HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 60TX

Titleist TS3 15° - HZRDUS Black (Hand Crafted) 70TX

Titleist 818 H2 19° - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Ping i200 - SteelFiber i125x

Edison - SteelFiber i125s

LAB DF 2.1 Armlock - LAGP

Snell MTB-X

I have a question for anyone who actually owns the real thing:

If you put the sticks down so that the are grips lined up straight, do the heads look like this?

Super-Speed-Golf_0073.jpg

Basically, I am making a DIY set, and I want to know whether these should be make to the same TOTAL length, or rather if they should be made so that the CENTER OF MASS of each weight should be at the same length. So the lightest weight would be a slightly shorter club

I have a very make-shift version but it seems like the weights are close to where they should be. My gamer M2 weighs 332 grams. Because I'm such a tinkerer, I have a ton of Titleist, scotty cameron, M1 and other weights sitting around. I took an old R11 Fujikura Motore shaft, put enough weights in a baggy and tightly duct taped it to the end. It weighs 282 grams, about 15% less than the gamer. I also have an old hogan persimmon speed slot driver with an apex 4 steel shaft. In its natural form, it conveniently weighs 376 grams, so 13% more than my gamer. Both close enough. I should be more consistent with the speed drills and should follow a routine, but I usually just take about 8-10 swings with the light, then the gamer, then the heavy, then repeat. I may do a few extra sets with the light to put an emphasis on speed.

I have been doing a lot of golf focused gym work for legs, core, flexibility as well as power moves like ball slams. My gamer is 44.5" and comes in at D3. My avg ss with this has typically been 108-110 measure on a GC2 HMT. It used to be a touch higher but I was also playing my driver at 45". My ss last session average about 111. It's a positive sign given that the speed avg is up by about 2 mph. I should also point out, I not been trying to swing any harder but actually smoother and more in balanced which cal also have a positive effect. It's hard to tell whether it's from the leg/core strength training, flexibility, or speed drills, but something is having a positive impact. Going to stay with it, hopefully get more consistent with it as well and see what other gains can be made.

At this point, I just turned 38, so maintaining speed is the real goal going forward but if gains can be made, even better!

TaylorMade 2016 Tour Issue M2x3 (8.5*/9.4*/9.8*) - Testing: Tensei 1K White 70TX

Titleist TSi3 9* - Atmos TS Patriot 7x

Titleist 915fd 13.5* @12.75* - Atmos Blue TS 8x 

Titleist 915f 15* @ 14.25* - Atmos Blue TS 8x

Titleist 915f 18* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.2x

Titleist 816H1 17* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 818H1 21* - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8x

Titleist 2023 T150 4 & 5 iron, T100 6-9 iron - Project x6.5 ss1x 1.5* flat

Vokey SM9 Raw 46.10F, 50.12F - Project x6.0 1.5* flat, 54.12D, 58.08M - DG TI S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2, Toulon Garage San Diego, Odyssey #7 CH; Odyssey Tour Black #9

HaHa, Richard just won a set of these in a cancer charity drawing, lol. He can't even swing so I think that I'm going to try them out. Apparently they have a choice between "Mens" and "Seniors" systems and Richard got all offended when the guy asked him if he emotes the senior's set, lolol. In his mind he's still 36yo, haha. That's a good thing I guess :) Madison

Hope ya"ll are doing well. Saw Richard's new avatar. He looks like a pirate! (Meant that as a compliment)

Be good ya'll

HaHa, Richard just won a set of these in a cancer charity drawing, lol. He can't even swing so I think that I'm going to try them out. Apparently they have a choice between "Mens" and "Seniors" systems and Richard got all offended when the guy asked him if he emotes the senior's set, lolol. In his mind he's still 36yo, haha. That's a good thing I guess :) Madison

Hope ya"ll are doing well. Saw Richard's new avatar. He looks like a pirate! (Meant that as a compliment)

Be good ya'll

That Priest in his avatar and Richard grew very close over the last three years as he was a patient of Richard's father and he just passed Sunday morning. His name is Father Carlos and he sat with me when they gave Richard Last Rites and Richard's father asked Father Carlos to perform the Last Rites due to their relationship but he declined because he said "God has plans for Richard here on earth." It was incredible and I was a mess and don't really remember much except Richard lashing out with his arm and knocking the cross out of the Priest's hand and Father Carlos kept saying, "I told you, I told you....". Richard is crushed and I was going to do a little story in Richard's cancer thread. Thanks so much for your kind thoughts :) Fondly, Madison

For anyone wondering more info on the build. I bought 3 calibration weights 150,200,300.

After drilling them 1.25" with a 9.1mm bit (Amazon) they each lost exactly 15grams of weight. So I ended up with 135/185/285 weights.

I ordered 3 graffaloy pro blue 75 gram .350 shafts off RBG for $12 a piece after coupons. I tipped them each 1.5" to help keep them stiff. They have 4" of parallel tip in case anyone is wondering.

I shafted them with Brampton 20/20 Epoxy (strongest stuff on earth) and Brampton shafting beads. I left some extra epoxy coming out of top where it meets the ferrule in an attempt to make sure the shaft was protected and wouldn't snap against the steel. I'd recommend using collared ferrules if you have them but I just went with what I had on hand.

My normal driver is 347 grams total weight.

My speed sticks came out at

266 77%

316 91%

408 117%

My heavy one I used a grip that was 10grams lighter than the others but it still came out a little heavy. I may have to drill out some weight in the future.

b108c9898b79d2e94efc9ca1b8fc7dd1.jpgab60bf61b627362c83b7c20f25876719.jpgc8529dd6e9c1ae2ad4b3a2720ed64990.jpg

Anything you would do differently?

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

8b90f7b6f36c9e7ac8f7368e0edf8cd9.jpg

So once cylinder of washers and then add washers. Epoxy them onto the shaft and then add additional washers to get it to the right weight.

180-200-220

10% lighter, even weight, 10% heavier

The -10 will be quicker than gamer speed, even weight will be slightly faster and the +10 will be slightly slower

The 136 is an attempt at a passive brag with the lightest one

Ain't no braggin Bro, ya did it, just fact :)

Thanks for taking the time to explain and posting the pics?

As Maddie said, I just won a set though it may be a while before I can swing em

The very best to all of you!!

Fairways Greens & Pins 4ever

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Why did this topic go off on making these at home to save $90? THe set is only $200.. SS up 4mph after 3 weeks...

Like a lot of topics, if it stayed true to the subject or question asked, it would be half of a page and 9-12 posts/responses, if that.

I think it's pretty cool for guys to share their DIY projects and their experiences, like Albatross, Ago and Kabir.

$90 is a lot to some guys-

That's 2-3 rounds of golf

"Only" $200???

That's a driver for some guys and for others a putter and even a set of used irons....

Congratz on a the 4mph pick-up!!

Nicely Played?

All the Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Why did this topic go off on making these at home to save $90? THe set is only $200.. SS up 4mph after 3 weeks...

Like a lot of topics, if it stayed true to the subject or question asked, it would be half of a page and 9-12 answers, if that.

I think it's pretty cool for guys to share their DIY projects and their experiences, like Albatross, Ago and Kabir.

$90 is a lot to some guys-

That's 2-3 rounds of golf

Congratz on a the 4mph pick-up!!

Nicely Played��

All the Best,

RP

My total spend is gonna be around $75. Would be even cheaper if I used washers. I've probably spent $500 on all of my clubs together, so that is significant!

I've been seeing a lot of Instagram posts of this training system. Thoughts? What's the difference between this and an Orange Whip or a SKLZ Gold Flex besides the 3 different weighted clubs?!

Visited the guys at Superspeed a couple of weeks ago, their base is down the street from me, and they explained to me some of why the system works. I thought it was great because I did get more speed, I got up to about 113MPH (not bad for an old man). But the key is the weighting of the system for the brain to pick up and understand the ability to go faster. A couple of things, is you need to be healthy to do it. Any injuries and it's not a good idea. Also it requires a lot of other really good mechanics (use of the ground, etc...) to make it happen, or I could see it being detrimental. The number one things that worries me with any speed training is the body accepts forces and torques in certain ways, and while trying to go crazy fast, people will lose these correct motions and end up getting hurt. But definitely worked for me on that day, although I will also say it didn't translate to yards, because i lost control of the club.

Curious if anyone used solid round bar stainless to make tips rather than calibration weights? Can't find 150gram calibration weights for a half reasonable price in U.K. There's a custom fitter/clubfitter here in Ireland that makes and sells his own for a very reasonable price, it's more that I would just like to make them myself as I've no problem with the shafts and clubmaking side of it.. I was thinking of a frequency tip weight but they're expensive and my suppliers start at 205g so need something lighter..

Curious if anyone used solid round bar stainless to make tips rather than calibration weights? Can't find 150gram calibration weights for a half reasonable price in U.K. There's a custom fitter/clubfitter here in Ireland that makes and sells his own for a very reasonable price, it's more that I would just like to make them myself as I've no problem with the shafts and clubmaking side of it.. I was thinking of a frequency tip weight but they're expensive and my suppliers start at 205g so need something lighter..

Could always use washers. It's actually the easiest way. I think I'm gonna do the calibration weight just so the final product looks cooler. But then again, they are going to end up needing grinding and maybe even lead tape, so may not look so cool after all that

Could always use washers. It's actually the easiest way. I think I'm gonna do the calibration weight just so the final product looks cooler. But then again, they are going to end up needing grinding and maybe even lead tape, so may not look so cool after all that

I was asking for the same reason rather than washers ha. Purely worried about how they'll look aesthetically even though they'll never leave the garage haha

I had the washers and grips lying around so mine were $20 out of pocket. 90% discount

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

The electrical tape on the outside serves as a form of protection if you hit the ground etc

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120

The electrical tape on the outside serves as a form of protection if you hit the ground etc

The Calibration weights I have are Chrome plated brass alloy. Holy cow do they spark if you strike the pavement accidently. It sent my dog running in a panic with all the sparks. I was working on the drill that requires a squat then legs open and then you drive hard down with your lead leg to get the extra whip at the bottom. Think I remember it being called the Tiger squat or something. Either way my 315 weight has some battle scars. You guys using the washers should try that plastidip used for tool handles. Might come out kinda cool or really dumb. Not sure until someone tries it.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

For anyone wondering more info on the build. I bought 3 calibration weights 150,200,300.

After drilling them 1.25" with a 9.1mm bit (Amazon) they each lost exactly 15grams of weight. So I ended up with 135/185/285 weights.

I ordered 3 graffaloy pro blue 75 gram .350 shafts off RBG for $12 a piece after coupons. I tipped them each 1.5" to help keep them stiff. They have 4" of parallel tip in case anyone is wondering.

I shafted them with Brampton 20/20 Epoxy (strongest stuff on earth) and Brampton shafting beads. I left some extra epoxy coming out of top where it meets the ferrule in an attempt to make sure the shaft was protected and wouldn't snap against the steel. I'd recommend using collared ferrules if you have them but I just went with what I had on hand.

My normal driver is 347 grams total weight.

My speed sticks came out at

266 77%

316 91%

408 117%

My heavy one I used a grip that was 10grams lighter than the others but it still came out a little heavy. I may have to drill out some weight in the future.

b108c9898b79d2e94efc9ca1b8fc7dd1.jpgab60bf61b627362c83b7c20f25876719.jpgc8529dd6e9c1ae2ad4b3a2720ed64990.jpg

Anything you would do differently?

besides using collared ferrules if i had them, no not really. I'm very happy with the result. When my broken wrist is healed (march 1) ill be training with these bad boys every day hopefully.
  • AI Smoke 🔷🔷🔷10.5* Kaili White 60X
  • TM SIM Ti 18.25* - Tensei AV White 2.0 TX
  • TM Stealth 7w 21* - Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 8s
  • Srixon ZX Utility 23* MMT 105TX HS
  • Srixon ZX7 5-Aw PX LZ 6.5 SS
  • Mizuno T7 55* - PX LZ 6.5
  • TM MG4 60* SBC - DG TI S400
  • Bettinardi Inovai 6.0 2024
  • Tour B XS

What's the point of the heavier club when overspeed training is using lighter clubs only.

It will teach your muscles that they can swing a heavier object just as fast as the light object just that the duration will not be as long. There is a relationship between the weight percentages though. SuperSpeed golf talks about all the research they did to discover the weights then post it clearly on their website. good for us and bad for them I guess. More you practice the longer you can sustain the higher speeds. I posted a video on another thread showing how your fast twitch muscles will make the speeds go up then plateau then dip. Your goal is to make the plateau last longer before you fatigue. My speeds go from 108 to 115 then come back down around 110 mph. I can usually get 6 to 8 swings at 115 before it starts coming back down. That's coming from 105 to 110 to 107 when I started. I have peaks with the 315gr club hit 122mph and the lightest club hit 171mph. Its cool to see the peaks but the plateau speeds are where the money is at. At the end of my work out I will swing 5 times with the super lite club then 3 times with my Blue 315 gram club. If I rest a few minutes and hit balls with my 915 I can expect to see the same speeds as my last set. The heavy club will make your driver feel crazy lite and fast.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Placed my SuperSpeed order today so we'll see how it goes. Customer service so far has been great - they even have a bundle option for the radar and men's trainer for $299. If you use code PGA it drops down 10%. Looking forward to testing it out!

Taylormade Qi10 LS 10.5*    (Diamana WB 63X)

Titleist TSR2+ 13*                 (Tensei 1K Black 75X)

Titleist TSR3 18*                   (D+ Ltd 80TX)

Srixon ZX5 MkII 5i                 (MODUS 105X)

Srixon ZX7 MkII 6-PW           (MODUS 105X)

Taylormade MG4 48*, 52*    (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG4 TW 56*     (DG TI S400)

Taylormade MG3 TW 60*     (DG TI S400)

LAB Mezz.1 Max Broomstick (TPT Putter)

Srixon Z-Star Diamond '23

Placed my SuperSpeed order today so we'll see how it goes. Customer service so far has been great - they even have a bundle option for the radar and men's trainer for $299. If you use code PGA it drops down 10%. Looking forward to testing it out!

$281.13 out the door isn't too bad. PGA coupon saves you $30. Good Find!

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

You can use it without a Radar but you will never really able to tell if your progressing. You can get a Bel Swingmate on eBay for $30 but the SSR is better.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist -ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I "think" you could really use almost anything to bring the tip weight up, washers, nuts and lead tape would work ok - with the added benefit that you don't need to drill out the weight.

Is the radar necessary? I am interested in this . I was just going to buy the men's training set but I just did the bundle and with the coupon it's $269.98 before tax It's sitting in my cart waiting for checkout

Thanks

I have been doing a modified version of this over the last few weeks and, at least for me ,the radar is a necessity. There have been so many times I felt a swing was really fast and look down at the radar and it is relatively slow. Without that feedback it is hard to train your body to know what fast feels like.

Is the radar necessary? I am interested in this . I was just going to buy the men's training set but I just did the bundle and with the coupon it's $269.98 before tax It's sitting in my cart waiting for checkout

Thanks

I have been doing a modified version of this over the last few weeks and, at least for me ,the radar is a necessity. There have been so many times I felt a swing was really fast and look down at the radar and it is relatively slow. Without that feedback it is hard to train your body to know what fast feels like.

^^^ this. I agreed 100%. Don't make one swing until you have the radar. You need a barometer to gauge and also push yourself. I use the radar a lot to experiment with different feels and swing keys. Try it.

Thanks

^^^ this. I agreed 100%. Don't make one swing until you have the radar. You need a barometer to gauge and also push yourself. I use the radar a lot to experiment with different feels and swing keys. Try it.

I have the cheaper red and white colored SS radar, but anyone know what might be causing the fact that my radar is consistently 7-8mph faster than a trackman reading of swing speed?

I can obviously still use it to benchmark where I am at now and the differential/progress, and just continue to subtract 8mph to get to an actual reading but anyone else experience this?

Thanks

I have the cheaper red and white colored SS radar, but anyone know what might be causing the fact that my radar is consistently 7-8mph faster than a trackman reading of swing speed?

I can obviously still use it to benchmark where I am at now and the differential/progress, and just continue to subtract 8mph to get to an actual reading but anyone else experience this?

Red/White Radar is just fine. I've had this debate regarding swing speed on several other threads. Just remember Trackman "calculates" swing speed it doesn't "measure" it like a radar. Many things can influence Trackman, ie color of your driver or backlighting.

Don't worry about any other methods of measurement. Use the Red/White Radar as your benchmark. It'll read +/- 2 of your actual speed. Don't pay attention to anything else...