Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

The Wizard Short Game Technique Videos(merged)

1192021222325»

Comments

• EtzwaneEtzwane  244Posted: Members Posts: 244
    I'd say that the setup needs a bit of work: ball position possibly not forward enough (camera angle seems a bit off and tilted so I can't say for sure), handle too centered and possibly grip. It looks like there a little bit of lateral head movement in the stroke.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tombombtombomb  25Posted: Members Posts: 25
    Etzwane wrote:

I'd say that the setup needs a bit of work: ball position possibly not forward enough (camera angle seems a bit off and tilted so I can't say for sure), handle too centered and possibly grip. It looks like there a little bit of lateral head movement in the stroke.

thanks for the reply. Putting the ball even further forward is going to feel very strange indeed! Regarding the handle...do you think I need more forward shaft lean? Ill work on keeping my head still, thanks again
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 11.5 w/ speeder 757 evo Stiff
    calaway xhot 4 wood
    Ping i25 CFS stiff
    Callaway Tour grind 52/56/ PM gind 60
    Oddysey black edition #7
  • tombombtombomb  25Posted: Members Posts: 25
    Does the Callaway PM grind work ok with this technique?
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 11.5 w/ speeder 757 evo Stiff
    calaway xhot 4 wood
    Ping i25 CFS stiff
    Callaway Tour grind 52/56/ PM gind 60
    Oddysey black edition #7
  • EtzwaneEtzwane  244Posted: Members Posts: 244
    tombomb wrote:

Etzwane wrote:

thanks for the reply. Putting the ball even further forward is going to feel very strange indeed! Regarding the handle...do you think I need more forward shaft lean? Ill work on keeping my head still, thanks again

Ball should be around low point and shaft in line with leading arm so not much shaft lean.

I suspect that if you contact Dan you could purchase his videos, they show the basic setup and shot and then all the adaptations needed for various shots, that's where the core of the system is.
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D  4024Posted: Members Posts: 4,024
    tombomb wrote:

I want these videos so badly haha, they sound fantastic and look to of helped so many people. I'm going out to Spain tomorrow for 4 days to play golf and my short game is in pieces. Its a real shame I cant get hold of these so I can watch them on my flight over. I am fatting and thinning everything. I have read through this entire thread trying to pickup on a few tips, here is a video of me chipping in my garden trying to incorporate the technique that I have picked up from previous posts in this thread.

Please excuse the messy garden, its been a cold winter over here in England! Ill book a lesson up when I get back from my trip. I did 3 chips FO and 3 DL.

[media=]

If anybody spots anything that im doing horribly wrong that could help me out in spain I would appreciate the feedback. If it is not acceptable to ask for such help here please let me know and I will remove the post.

regards,

tom

u could buy them, download them and stick them on your phone or tablet?
    Posted:
    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x

4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 50F, 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab #7 34"

Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft

ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png
  • nelder89nelder89  4Posted: Members Posts: 4

Great thread!!
    Looking forward to trying this technique when home from working away.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file