What a Week for Taylormade

TMBob

Jon Rahm's brilliant last two holes for the win capped off a mighty big week for TMAG!

Tuesday....Tiger signs

Thursday....Jason Day, the #1 player in the world puts the new P750 irons into play

Sunday....Jon Rahm wins in dramatic fashion with the new M2 Driver, the new M1 FW's, the new P750 irons, the new Milled Grind Wedges and the new TP5x golf ball

I cannot think of anyone else having a week like this...OEM wise. There must be, but wow what a week, fan or not a fan of TMAG.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot think of anyone else having a week like this...OEM wise. There must be, but wow what a week, fan or not a fan of TMAG.

:cheesy: :smilie_tm: Good week - but best week ever? Sure, the Tiger signing is big but then he missed the cut and just getting a set of irons in play and having a win for a regular Tour event isn't anything earth shattering.

You could make a strong case for Callaway by comparison -- they had a win on the Asian Tour (Todd Sinnott) and a win on the European Tour (Wang Jeunghun) with EPIC drivers and Callaway/Odyssey Clubs, signed Michelle Wie, had 20 EPIC drivers in play in Palm Springs, and 94% adoption rate which is the highest initial conversion ever for a new Callaway Driver. I'd say both companies are doing just fine! Clearly #1/#2 in the biz right now and it's great for the consumer.

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

:cheesy: :smilie_tm: Good week - but best week ever? Sure, the Tiger signing is big but then he missed the cut and just getting a set of irons in play and having a win for a regular Tour event isn't anything earth shattering.

You could make a strong case for Callaway by comparison -- they had a win on the Asian Tour (Todd Sinnott) and a win on the European Tour (Wang Jeunghun) with EPIC drivers and Callaway/Odyssey Clubs, signed Michelle Wie, had 20 EPIC drivers in play in Palm Springs, and 94% adoption rate which is the highest initial conversion ever for a new Callaway Driver. I'd say both companies are doing just fine! Clearly #1/#2 in the biz right now and it's great for the consumer.

Good points DTown....like I saId, I could not think of any, but you did. I guess that we both forgot to mention the amount of Drivers and FW's in play for TM this week...it was also huge and by a larger margin over the next competitor.

I will also add....winning in your backyard that is shared by many others is also a huge day for any of the OEM's in what is known as the capital for OEM's.

My gosh, it's still growing!

Jon Rohm's brilliant last two holes for the win capped off a mighty big week for TMAG!

Tuesday....Tiger signs

Thursday....Jason Day, the #1 player in the world puts the new P750 irons into play

Sunday....Jon Rahm wins in dramatic fashion with the new M2 Driver, the new M1 FW's, the new P750 irons, the new Milled Grind Wedges and the new TP5x golf ball

And Tiger, Jason Day and DJ, arguably the 3 biggest names for TM all missed the cut.

Surely TM is doing something right, I played TM for years and the 300 forged irons are some of the best I've ever played...now they have the Top players on their roster, good for them, very happy for Jon Rahm, great guy, signed a bunch of autographs and took a bunch of photos and even stopped and spoke to fans at the Quicken Loans...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

You forgot their top 3 players took the weekend off .

Exactly what I was thinking. I can't imagine TM would have traded their top 3 missing the cut for Rahm winning. Glad he did , but certainly not the exposure tiger on the weekend would have Been. Or DJ and Day in contention or winning. All I all it was at best a wash for TM.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Tiger missed the cut on purpose. He had weekend meetings with engineers to design his own line of MB Blades and with his lawyers to finalize his acquisition of Taylor made. I have a source.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

Jon Rohm's brilliant last two holes for the win capped off a mighty big week for TMAG!

Tuesday....Tiger signs

Funny......never thought of that way. I actually thought it was remarkable and bad timing/luck that the "big three" TM guys all played together, wearing all their TM promotional clothes/hats/equipment and all missed the cut. And not pro or con TM either way......still have my Original One 12 degree driver in my garage.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Cobra FlyZ+[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Sonartec 17* [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Adams Idea Pro 20*/ 23* [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno 5-PW MP-64[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Vokey Oil Can 52*-56*-60*[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Odyssey Metal X DART[/size][/font]

Funny I was thinking that NIKE had a good week. Although, obviously not in equipment but when you watched the final groups on Sunday NIKE was everywhere...CT Pan, Patrick Rodgers, Tony Finau, JJ Spaun, Kyle Stanley, and Harris English were all top 14 and got some TV time on Sunday...some more than others obviously.

We pay attention to the clubs, but if people just tuned in they are looking at the players. Which is why NIKE saw it better to get out of equipment.

Taylormade did have a great week as well but I think NIKE was more "seen" if that makes sense.

Nike Vapor Pro Blades 5-PW
Nike Unitized Putter
Nike Covert Driver
Nike Engage Wedges
Nike CPR 5 Wood (yes the original CPR)
NIKE Sasquatch 3 Wood

Hey TM, et. al. OEMs,

I'm a writer and currently open to opportunities.

If you are ever in need of another (hardly) clever little poster, rest assured, you can count on me to at least spell the winner's name correctly.

Please everyone enjoy this quote. Best read I've found on here today...

BAG UNDER CONSTRUCTION/TINKERING...Now and Forever.

Tuesday....Tiger signs

The big story of the week, which only a few people are talking about, is Rahm winning so quickly after switching to the TP5X. They are going hard after Titleist with this new ball lineup. Having a promising young star switch from a Pro V1x to your ball and then win right away is a marketing dream.

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post

What about the spider putter? I'm totally biased because of how wicked good I putt with them. Just seems TM may be missing out in these by never having enough to meet demand. Yet they release the TP line. Why not build on the spider brand with a center shaft, different hosel configurations etc... rant over.

The biggest thing I took away from last week is this. TM must pay HUGE money for their pros to wear the most god awful looking hat with the big M on it. Epic fail in the wardrobe department. :)

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I understand the validation that comes with bagging a product used by a tour winner, however short lived. But, it's all a little silly isn't it?

Imagine, the greatest players in history were able to rack up all those wins without a single TM club, or EPIC driver. Did the paradigm shift away from skill being at the core?

Phil once accused Tiger of playing inferior equipment. Someone better tell Phil, Rory, and all other non TM staffers that they're playing inferior equipment and are at a handicap, because the meme is that TM's M-product is the best, period.

However, next week, or the one after, we'll get a winner with Callaway in the bag; then Titleist, and so on. Granted, based on the shear numbers of "M" product in play, the probability for a TM win, along with bragging rights, is increased.

TM definitely has the "hot" product at the moment, and may dominate the driver/fairway segment for some time. Retail racks are overflowing with M product released within the last two years. Everybody has an M or wants the new M, which is a testament to their performance, but there is a lot of simple sheep herding going on here too. And, it won't be long before the latest and greatest new iteration of M is released, and 2nd Swing (and the like) will be full of 9 month old, now deemed inferior product, at half price. Lest we forget, it's all about parting us from our money, as we chase driver utopia in our vain imaginations of a few elusive yards of fairway.

Personally, when clubs like the M become so widely used, by pros and amateurs alike, they become too common place and ordinary for my liking. But then, I don't like to bag what everyone else does, if only to be a contrarian.

I love golf and golf equipment. I'm particular about what I play, like most of you. But, the other day, as I was reviewing photographs of the top drivers with their crowns cut away, I was reminded that these things we covet are just hunks of skeletal metal -- highly engineered but fairly crudely casted, by the countless multitude, and one day destined for the scrap bin. A sobering reality for me as I gaze upon the next OEM release of same.

Jon Rahm's brilliant last two holes for the win capped off a mighty big week for TMAG!

Tuesday....Tiger signs

Monday, TM rescind on the contract offer. Marketing says TWs crooked driving will affect the zebra driver sales.

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B