2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Mistook PGA Tour player for a poser today

BoogieThumper

Lol.. the 4 runner is stealth.. a limited starts at 45k, so not chump change. That said, it may be the only car he would trust in the pkng lot at metro. You take your valuables with you or risk losing them there. One of my favorite summer courses though..

Besides.. you need vehicle with a gangster trunk to fit a staff bag into.. he may not have had any choice but to roll up in Moms whip. :)

Pfft. Spoken like a Peninsula snob :tongue:

Now Delta View on the other hand and at least the gunshots you hear at Metro are coming from the gun range across the way, unlike Gleneagles where they might actually be coming at you :huh:

Lol.. I'm East Bay Homey!

Can't afford a peninsula mortgage and 3 Lambos. Had to make a tough choice... but we all have our crosses. ;)

I play metro 10-20 a year. I've seen the fox a handful of times but never seen James.. although I knew Tom pretty well when he was at callippe.

The gun range next to the back 9 is awesome. It always gets my Uber lefty friends unhinged.

Ah man that's funny :)

With the weddings/baptist ministers at 1,9,18, the train along 4 (just like Royal Troon!), the Fedex and private planes landing over 6-9, the bugs and slurry at 11 & 12 if the wind is down, the gun range along 11-15, nevermind the heavy wind, it does take some internal strength to play out there ;)

Obviously I joke, Metro along with Paradise Valley, Rancho, and a distant fourth Monarch, were my 4 regulars when I lived there. All good fun. Shame Roddy closed, best layout in the East Bay.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mistake me if I'm wrong, but isn't James the tour player who learned the swing by watching YouTube?

If so, there has to be like a 99.9% likelihood that he's a member here.

Yeah you are wrong

He is a member on here though, I really hope he has read this thread that would be hilarious

He is indeed.

Greg

GolfWRX.com
twitter @gdm43pga

Mistake me if I'm wrong, but isn't James the tour player who learned the swing by watching YouTube?

If so, there has to be like a 99.9% likelihood that he's a member here.

Yeah you are wrong

He is a member on here though, I really hope he has read this thread that would be hilarious

He is indeed.

Greg

1e7da67b70bf0b70cba4e7743c19803b.jpg

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

The weirdest part of this story is that, In your head, a guy with a pxg bag couldn't possibly drive a Toyota 4 runner.

As he is telling a story about how not to judge a guy based on a staff bag, he's simultaneously judging him for the car he drives...

Didn't mean to come off like a jerk, and trust me his 4 runner is nicer than my car. My post clearly states "I learned today to never judge a man by his staff bag." PXG clubs are expensive and marketed to a certain demographic. I just figured PXG guys all drive Lamborghinis and Summer in the Hamptons.

LMAO, I Love it!!!

Screw it Bro, we judge and are judged every friggin day, all day, lol

God Bless all those righteous people who judge no one and accept everyone at face value :)

You're a good kind person who judges peeps, lol

I'm with ya :)

However I had a 4-Runner and that thing was a beast and compared to my ML, it was incredible and cost me much less to run.

I dumped my GL earlier this year for a Land Cruiser, decked

I'm definitely a poseur, lmao

I hope You and Yours had a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!!

All the Best,

Richard

you are correct..........people couldn't survive if they didn't judge, what's safe and what's not, where to buy house, schools for your kids, careers, on and on a million times a day........it's how we make decisions as to how we live our life.......sometimes were wrong, or get humbled by mis judging.......doesn't mean we stop though, lol.........next time this guy sees a staff bag he will pay closer attn and it probably will be some poser, haha..........but it's free country so do whatever you want

Maybe since Hahn is a bay area man, he likes to surf. 4Runners are great surf chasers. Room to put on a wetsuit inside with the heat on, crawl up in the back and sleep a little while the swell builds. ::fingers crossed:: would be awesome if he came in and posted. We've been pretty lucky with all the pro drive-by's lately.

Observations and judgments are different. Some guys love bringing the negative. The OP simply wrote some observations, not judgments. It was largely tongue-in-cheek as the typical WRX view, not necessarily his own.

BTW, if I see a staff bag I usually assume teaching pro. If you play the odds, that's the safest bet.

Lol.. the 4 runner is stealth.. a limited starts at 45k, so not chump change. That said, it may be the only car he would trust in the pkng lot at metro. You take your valuables with you or risk losing them there. One of my favorite summer courses though..

Besides.. you need vehicle with a gangster trunk to fit a staff bag into.. he may not have had any choice but to roll up in Moms whip. :)

Pfft. Spoken like a Peninsula snob :tongue:

Now Delta View on the other hand and at least the gunshots you hear at Metro are coming from the gun range across the way, unlike Gleneagles where they might actually be coming at you :huh:

Lol.. I'm East Bay Homey!

Can't afford a peninsula mortgage and 3 Lambos. Had to make a tough choice... but we all have our crosses. ;)

I play metro 10-20 a year. I've seen the fox a handful of times but never seen James.. although I knew Tom pretty well when he was at callippe.

The gun range next to the back 9 is awesome. It always gets my Uber lefty friends unhinged.

Ah man that's funny :)

With the weddings/baptist ministers at 1,9,18, the train along 4 (just like Royal Troon!), the Fedex and private planes landing over 6-9, the bugs and slurry at 11 & 12 if the wind is down, the gun range along 11-15, nevermind the heavy wind, it does take some internal strength to play out there ;)

Obviously I joke, Metro along with Paradise Valley, Rancho, and a distant fourth Monarch, were my 4 regulars when I lived there. All good fun. Shame Roddy closed, best layout in the East Bay.

You forgot the goose poop and 5 hour rounds. Still enjoy playing there once in a while. Rancho is my favorite of the others you mentioned.

(I played Roddy once. Would have gone back but, honestly, I felt like the 'modern country' music they blasted at concert volume, audible at 400 yards from the clubhouse, was f'ing sadistic.)

even that would not have gotten through the snow here two yrs ago.

James is going to read this thread and show up in this G63 6x6 next time

m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s , and epic flash sub zero rogue 60x
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x  and epic flash sub zero hzrdus 70x,
818 h2 hybrid 19 degree ,tour spec blue 85s
taylor p790 17 degree
taylormade p760 3-pw
vokey 50--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj version and cleveland huntington beach number 1
epic green staff bag or taylormade flex lite 

I saw on his IG today that he was at Metro. IIRC, before the remodel, his parents used to run the driving range at Metro and he spend a lot of time at both Metro and Chuck Corica. I've never met him personally but people I know who have say he's a pretty good guy.

Now that makes sense. Thought originally he was there as UC alumni.

For those of us around the tour, he has a good rep and is a normal, good guy. Have only heard good stories from others. Have enjoyed the times we've met.

a Cobra KingLtd 9* Black Smoke 6.5 45"
b Ping g400 9* SpeederPro TSx84 45"
c TM 17M1 460 9.5* Matrix BlackTie X 45"

Titleist TS2 15* Hzrdus Green S 1"tip
Cobra BafflerPro19* SpeederProS .5"tip
Cobra Baffler RailH23* SpeederProS

a Callaway Apex 5-pw ProjectX 6.0 +.5"
b Callaway x20 Tour 5-pw ProjectX 6.0 +.5"
Vokey Sm7 raw aw51*, sw56*, lw60*
Cameron FuturaX SuperStroke Fatso5.0

• 4 weeks later...

Went to my local course (Metropolitan Golf Links) for a lunch time bucket of balls today. I'm pulling into my parking space and I notice a guy behind me pulling out a huge PXG staff bag. I take a closer look and notice he's also wearing a PXG hat. At this point I go about my business walking up to get my bucket. I have a chuckle to myself thinking how WRX'ers would absolutely kill this guy for having a staff bag let alone a freaking PXG bag. I figure he's just some clown with too much money, but I remember he was driving a new-ish Toyota 4 runner. In my head the bag and car don't mix but oh well. I pay for my bucket and head to the range and Mr PXG comes strolling along and it's James Freakin Hahn.

I didn't get a chance to nod or say good luck this season or anything. But I learned today to never judge a man by his staff bag.

Isn't Metropolitan the home course and practice facility for the Cal golf team? At least, it used to be.

Went to my local course (Metropolitan Golf Links) for a lunch time bucket of balls today. I'm pulling into my parking space and I notice a guy behind me pulling out a huge PXG staff bag. I take a closer look and notice he's also wearing a PXG hat. At this point I go about my business walking up to get my bucket. I have a chuckle to myself thinking how WRX'ers would absolutely kill this guy for having a staff bag let alone a freaking PXG bag. I figure he's just some clown with too much money, but I remember he was driving a new-ish Toyota 4 runner. In my head the bag and car don't mix but oh well. I pay for my bucket and head to the range and Mr PXG comes strolling along and it's James Freakin Hahn.

I didn't get a chance to nod or say good luck this season or anything. But I learned today to never judge a man by his staff bag.

Isn't Metropolitan the home course and practice facility for the Cal golf team? At least, it used to be.

Yes.. unless something has changed and I missed it. They have a nice area there set aside for the team to practice.

This thread is pure WRX.......love it.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

The weirdest part of this story is that, In your head, a guy with a pxg bag couldn't possibly drive a Toyota 4 runner.

The weirdest part of this thread is that nowhere does the OP say that a guy with a pxg bag couldn't possible drive a Toyota 4 runner. But hey, no need to let that get in the way of an attempt at a pithy one liner.