2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Srixon z565

Jlender21

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't know if I should go 765's or 565's!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

what tip size are these z565s? i think i might need to go reg shaft instead of the stiff modus 3 105s i've got.

Doesn't the catalog say taper tip shafts?

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

did u demo both? they are both awesome and you can barely tell the difference in the way they look. The 565 goes a little higher, is a little more forgiving, and the 765 feels a tiny bit better. Thats all i got

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

did u demo both? they are both awesome and you can barely tell the difference in the way they look. The 565 goes a little higher, is a little more forgiving, and the 765 feels a tiny bit better. Thats all i got

Just the 6 iron inside at PGASS. like you said the 7's feel a little better. I was getting about the same distance and dispersion with both. I'm not getting any younger and you can always use that extra forgiveness and I really don't like mixing my set. Even though these blend together great.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

hit them outside, i bought one 7 iron of each and keep swapping shafts until i get it right. Down to the last 2 shafts, nippon 105s, and nippon 130s. For me the 565 goes a little further, and since i hit it low anyway its a good thing for me. I dont like mixing sets either but they look almost the same when put behind the ball. Cant go wrong either way

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s

I am someone that was playing Z945 for a full season and thought they were great. I decided to try the 545's and was just amazed how great they looked and the forgiveness they provided. The one area where I lost my love to game improvement was controlling trajectory. All GI clubs were high and then higher. After testing the 545 thoroughly, I purchased the Z565 and can definitely control my trajectory with ease and can move the ball if I need to. I would not hesitate to purchase the 565's over anything just because what they give you in confidence but in looks as well.

Driver: Titleist TSR4 - Folds of Honor Ventura Blue TR
Fairway: Taylormade Stealth 2 16.5 - Tour UB TX

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 7 wood - AD XS

Hybrid: PXG Gen 6 22* 4 - Tour AD 95x
Irons:   PXG 0317 CB 5-G - Steelfiber Reserve 110cw
Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 54* / Taylormade Hi Toe 58* - KBS TGI
Putter: 1st - Low Tide Stability BLACK / Odyssey Tank Stability Black CounterBalance / Goodwood M6
Ball: Titleist -Prov1x, 2022 AVX, Tour B XS, TP5x  (Left Dash is number 1 ball but Bridgestone XS is close second)  

Can anyone shed light on the stock Nippon 980gh dst. Shaft?

I have them in my z 545. I tested them against the modus 105s (upcharge in 545) and in the end I was a little more consistent and got a bit more height and spin from the 980 gh. Which was what I was after in the first place. Feel was very nice in the 105 though

Do you know if the 980 plays similar to the old 950 that was so popular? I can't find any information on these. Seems like they were just made for Srixon 565 and what does DST mean?

I am someone that was playing Z945 for a full season and thought they were great. I decided to try the 545's and was just amazed how great they looked and the forgiveness they provided. The one area where I lost my love to game improvement was controlling trajectory. All GI clubs were high and then higher. After testing the 545 thoroughly, I purchased the Z565 and can definitely control my trajectory with ease and can move the ball if I need to. I would not hesitate to purchase the 565's over anything just because what they give you in confidence but in looks as well.

Thanks!

Sorry to get off the topic, but how do you like the RTX3's and what did you play before?

hit them outside, i bought one 7 iron of each and keep swapping shafts until i get it right. Down to the last 2 shafts, nippon 105s, and nippon 130s. For me the 565 goes a little further, and since i hit it low anyway its a good thing for me. I dont like mixing sets either but they look almost the same when put behind the ball. Cant go wrong either way

Thanks for your insight.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

I was playing the SM6 wedges but the same v sole found on the Srixon irons pulled me to Cleveland. I tested both out with my Modus wedge shaft so it was apples to apples and the RX3 were better for me. Very consistent and terrific turf interaction. Not as harsh feeling as the vokeys and gave a nice soft feeling.

Driver: Titleist TSR4 - Folds of Honor Ventura Blue TR
Fairway: Taylormade Stealth 2 16.5 - Tour UB TX

7 Wood: PXG Gen 5 7 wood - AD XS

Hybrid: PXG Gen 6 22* 4 - Tour AD 95x
Irons:   PXG 0317 CB 5-G - Steelfiber Reserve 110cw
Wedges:  TaylorMade MG3 54* / Taylormade Hi Toe 58* - KBS TGI
Putter: 1st - Low Tide Stability BLACK / Odyssey Tank Stability Black CounterBalance / Goodwood M6
Ball: Titleist -Prov1x, 2022 AVX, Tour B XS, TP5x  (Left Dash is number 1 ball but Bridgestone XS is close second)  

I have it and it is fine; I just prefer the look and better control I seem to have with my 48* RTX 3.0 wedge, so the RTX is in the bag rather than the AW (I had by AW bent down to 48* when I purchased, so the lofts are the same).

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

yes; I carry a 52* also and wanted gapping between the 565 PW and it.

I have it and it is fine; I just prefer the look and better control I seem to have with my 48* RTX 3.0 wedge, so the RTX is in the bag rather than the AW (I had by AW bent down to 48* when I purchased, so the lofts are the same).

Did you bend the Srixon gap to 48 to get proper gapping between the PW?

Golf Pride Microsuede

yes; I carry a 52* also and wanted gapping between the 565 PW and it.

Did you bend the Srixon gap to 48 to get proper gapping between the PW?

I'm wondering if the PW is 44 and the GW is 50 that's 6 degrees difference so it seems like there would be more than a 10yd. Gap between them.

Does anyone have any experience with the Miyazaki graphite shafts in these? Older player that needs to move to graphite due to injuries. Not a long hitter but can deliver it on the center of the face. Just wondering if anyone has any experience. (not a fan of the orange but....)

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

I just got fit at Sellinger's in Dallas. It is a boutique golf store. We spent about two and half hours. I was open to hitting anything. My current gamer was the JPX 850 Forged with DG x100 ss1x. I hit the Ping i200, Callaway CF16, PXG 0311, and Srixon Z565 and Z765. After we narrowed down the shaft to the Nippon Modus 3 120 in stiff hs1x, the Srixon Z565 was the clear winner. Best flight, distance and feel. The PXG was a close second, but the price was just too much to even consider. The Z565 felt amazing. Distance and ball speed were amazing. Carrying the 6iron 185-190. The Nippon shaft is butter. I went with Z565 in 5-AW. I threw in a ZU65 4 iron for good measure. I like to hit a long iron off the tee on short par 4s. I cannot recommend these irons enough based on my fitting. If you live in Dallas, go see Frank at Sellinger's. Can't wait to get these irons in the bag and get ready for spring golf.

good luck, u will love them

So does anyone have a review or even mini review of the 565s? I'm disappointed with my recent purchase of Mizzy 900 forged and will likely pull the trigger on the 565s soon. 900 f perform vey well for me but the feel is poor at best. I currently game 2013 Cally X forged but need a bit more forgiveness , distance and the v sole looks very appealing to me. Would the 565s fit the bill,,or maybe even the 765s??? For those that have played the Srixons please respond.

I have 545's, 745's and 565's. 565's are great irons, play just like 545's but rounder head and thinner sole, but flight and forgiveness just the same. I tried mizzy's but just not as solid as the Z's. 5's half a club longer than 7's, take your pick, you won't regret it. Been playing 30 years, had loads of irons, the Z's win hands down

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Titleist 917D2 9.5 Diamana red R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Taylor Made M2 16.5 Diamana green R[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#a9a9a9]Callaway Epic Heaven Wood [/color][/size][/font][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Diamana green R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZH65 22 degree Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon ZU65 5 [/size][/font][/color][color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Miyazaki Kaula 7 R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Srixon Z565 6-W Nippon NS Pro 950GH R[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno S18 50/55/60[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A9A9A9][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Bettinardi Studio Stock 3 [/size][/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone shed light on the stock Nippon 980gh dst. Shaft?

I have them in my z 545. I tested them against the modus 105s (upcharge in 545) and in the end I was a little more consistent and got a bit more height and spin from the 980 gh. Which was what I was after in the first place. Feel was very nice in the 105 though

Do you know if the 980 plays similar to the old 950 that was so popular? I can't find any information on these. Seems like they were just made for Srixon 565 and what does DST mean?

The DST is basically a counterbalanced shaft with a bit more weight in the hands. The stock shaft on the Z355 was the NSPro 950 DST and it is different than the standard 950. I believe they play similarly. The 980 is just a bit heavier.

Does anyone have any experience with the Miyazaki graphite shafts in these? Older player that needs to move to graphite due to injuries. Not a long hitter but can deliver it on the center of the face. Just wondering if anyone has any experience. (not a fan of the orange but....)

I just found a used set of these online. I'm still waiting on them to be delivered. I've had a chance to hit them in my local Golf Galaxy. The don't really push them to sell them but the have them none the less. I just turned 40 but I beginning to fight some finger stiffness and some shoulder problems so I figure making the jump to graphite is better for me in the long run. I'm not a fast swinger so I'm an R shaft kind of guy. These shafts feel so soft and the ball just seems to fly off the face for me much better than my current irons.

I have S XP95 in my Apex CF16. Probably a bad choice on my end but they did certainly fly more than my previous irons so I figured why not. I hit the Z565 heads with both R and S XP95 and R and S Miyazaki Kaula. The R shaft Kaula definitely felt like a winner for me. In the respect of full disclosure, I do own the Z565 driver, F65 3W and H65. All in the S Miyazaki shaft but they all have a softer tip in the flex code and even in a S flex I feel they are very smooth and don't feel like I'm swinging a piece of rebar. With the heavier heads of the Srixon clubs I can really feel them all release with the Miyazaki shaft.

I've been playing 565s since I ordered in January (6-AW, Modus 105 R flex, hard stepped) and am considering making a move to a different set. If anyone is near Tulsa, OK and would like to hit them, shoot me a pm.

Randy

Golf Pride Microsuede

Been playing the 565's with the stock graphite now for 5 rounds. These things are unbelievable. I have had probably 15 iron sets in the last 10 years and these are the best I have owned. I had never heard of them until I came on this board and sure glad I did.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

got mine 2 days ago and they are as good as i thought they were. 565/765 combo and love both, with modus 105. i cant believe they are that forgiving, feel that good, look great and go far. Up one full club over my tmb. They are the best set of irons i ever owned and i have owned 50

Anyone replace their cf16s for the 565s? The 565s look more forgiving. Longer blade? Seems like the cf16 has a more rounded leading edge and the 565 looks to have a squarish leading edge. Less offset in the 565?

I just got the cf16s, but those 565s look good.

That would be me. Both sets are very good. I think the Srixon feels better. The 565 also has less offset. I think the 565 is more forgiving along the width of the face. Both are long, but the 565 seems to be a tad longer for me. That funky v sole is pretty cool thru the turf too.

I had the cf16 all last year and had no intentions of changing. Then I hit the 565. Hooked.

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x