Hitting Net in Garage suggestions

GolfBum82GolfBum82 Major WinnerMembers Posts: 707 ✭✭
Hello fellow Wrxers

I am hoping some can provide advice or suggestions on a set up or netting that is recommended for a garage so that I can hit balls into during the winter. To accomplish I would have to move my cars out and let the net down. I have a two stall garage and the height restriction is about 9'2". Any advice on a net set up and turf for hitting off of is appreciated.

Comments

• gmangolfgmangolf Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭
    I have a net from West Coast Netting and a mat from All Turf Mats. Both have lasted a long time. The net is heavy enough that I don't need much space behind it, maybe 18".
  • cmaas4cmaas4 Members Posts: 1
    I use the SKLZ Quickster Range Net in my basement (9ft ceilings). It's a little large but allows me to hit every club in my bag.

http://www.sklz.com/golf/quickster-8-golf/8QKS-000.html
  • acularwacularw Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    cmaas4 wrote:

I use the SKLZ Quickster Range Net in my basement (9ft ceilings). It's a little large but allows me to hit every club in my bag.

http://www.sklz.com/...f/8QKS-000.html

How long have you used this for? Any concerns with a ball getting through? I'm a little worried about that but trying to find the best compromise between ease of setup, cost, and protection. I would be setting this up in the den of my condo and would need to tear it down each time...
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Fairway: TEE E8 15*[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Hybrids: Maltby KE4 Tour HDI 21*, TEE E8 22*[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Irons: Maltby DBM 4-PW[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Wedges: Maltby M-Series+ 56* Tour Sole, 60* Mid Sole[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Putter: Accusite ASP2[/font]
  • jkd9977jkd9977 Members Posts: 370 ✭✭
    I went through 2 Hank Haney nets in 6 months. They were mostly used by my 8 year old daughter. Just junk.

I recently purchased a Rukknet and it is holding up great so far.
  • fawleyfawley Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    I have a Net Return for my garage. Love it.

When I want to put the car back in the garage, I just push the net up along the frame so it is bunched up and hangs from the top. The frame is plenty wide enough that I can park my car between the two upright posts of the frame, and the bottom of the net when bundled up is just above the level of my hood. Set up and breakdown time to hit balls in my garage is less than 5 minutes, including Net Return, 5' x 5' CCE mat (hanging from the wall), 5' x 5' mat in front of hitting may, SkyTrak, tripod and iPad.
  • GolfBum82GolfBum82 Major Winner Members Posts: 707 ✭✭
    I picked up the skilz quickster net. Set up was easy once I figured things out a bit how upon attempting to hit a few balls I realized that being 6'5" doesn't really work swinging a golf club in a 9'2" vertical space. Mid irons could only be swung half swings. I kind of put the cart before the horse.
  • EBannermanSEBannermanS Members Posts: 182 ✭✭
    The Haack Net from Rukket Sports is solid and easy to put up and take down. I use it a ton.
  • ED68ED68 Members Posts: 87 ✭✭
    I use the Rukket pop-up net. Go to www.rukket.com and click on the GOLF link. Can put it up and take it down very easy and in about a minute or two.
  • BigBadBigBad Members Posts: 144 ✭✭
    I have a 12' ceiling in my garage so I bought a 15'x12' net. I hang it from two hooks screwed into ceiling joists. When I'm done I reach up with a club and take one side off the hook. I then take the net and lean it towards the back wall. I have to use a small step ladder to hook it up on next use. The whole setup takes me 3 minutes including pulling both cars outside.
  • jut111jut111 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭

The Haack Net from Rukket Sports is solid and easy to put up and take down. I use it a ton.

+1. I treat that thing like crap (it's currently lodged in a snowbank). 3 seasons so far, hasn't missed a beat.
  • grillinandgolfingrillinandgolfin Members Posts: 62
    I have some dimpled styrofoam balls I hit into an old sheet hanging from the garage door tracks. Use a couple of old door mats for a hitting surface. Not the most luxurious set up but it was free. A good place to work on drills and video the swing.
  • spetzlespetzle Members Posts: 443 ✭✭
    ED68 wrote:

I use the Rukket pop-up net. Go to www.rukket.com and click on the GOLF link. Can put it up and take it down very easy and in about a minute or two.

RUKKETT net is the best pop up n folds down hit around 3000 balls into it and no worries at all Driver thru wedge
  • SpacklersEdgeSpacklersEdge Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
    BigBad wrote:

I have a 12' ceiling in my garage so I bought a 15'x12' net. I hang it from two hooks screwed into ceiling joists. When I'm done I reach up with a club and take one side off the hook. I then take the net and lean it towards the back wall. I have to use a small step ladder to hook it up on next use. The whole setup takes me 3 minutes including pulling both cars outside.

Where and what kind of 12' x 15' net? I am considering the same. I also have 12' ceilings in my garage. I was considering this type of net: https://www.amazon.com/Dynamax-Sports-Practice-Barrier-10X10-ft/dp/B00DX3LMXK/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1487712467&sr=8-7&keywords=golf+net&th=1&psc=1

The netwould basically hang slack, and I only want to have it about 2 feet from a drywall wall. Wondering if it would be enough by itself or if I should also hang a cotton sheet/tarp with it just to make it heavier so it doesn't move back as much when the ball strikes it?

Also, does anyone have suggestions on hitting mats? Want something quality but no outrageously priced.
  • Can anyone comment on rukknet (pop up version) vs the rukket haack system? Is one quieter for indoor use? They both are priced similarly, and the rukket seems to set up faster.

Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file