2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

What golf trips are you planning to take in 2017???

A few days away at Easter up to Silloth to play a few times at Silloth on Solway Golf Club. (Wonderful Golf Course!), then down to the Wirral to play Royal Liverpool (Hoylake).

2 weeks in the Summer in Ayrshire, playing Royal Troon, Dundonald (I'll be at the Scottish Open this year), Prestwick, Glasgow Gailes, Western Gailes, then we go over for another 2 weeks in East Lothian, playing Gullane #1 and #2, Kilspindie, Archerfield Links, North Berwick, Dunbar, Craigielaw.

Then in October were off to Fife to play St Andrews (Old Course, New Course, Jubilee) and over to Panmure and Carnoustie.

No no no. You cannot go around bringing up Silloth in a year I likely won't get over to play it :)

It really is great fun, yet still a proper course. It's nice being able to hop in the car and get to those places.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days away at Easter up to Silloth to play a few times at Silloth on Solway Golf Club. (Wonderful Golf Course!), then down to the Wirral to play Royal Liverpool (Hoylake).

2 weeks in the Summer in Ayrshire, playing Royal Troon, Dundonald (I'll be at the Scottish Open this year), Prestwick, Glasgow Gailes, Western Gailes, then we go over for another 2 weeks in East Lothian, playing Gullane #1 and #2, Kilspindie, Archerfield Links, North Berwick, Dunbar, Craigielaw.

Then in October were off to Fife to play St Andrews (Old Course, New Course, Jubilee) and over to Panmure and Carnoustie.

No no no. You cannot go around bringing up Silloth in a year I likely won't get over to play it :)

It really is great fun, yet still a proper course. It's nice being able to hop in the car and get to those places.

Sure is! All of the trips will be with the family, so we combine some kids time with some Golf for me, so it keeps everyone happy, and even though places like Silloth in itself is a pretty desperate place for the kids and the Mrs, we manage, because we're able to get down to the Lake District for the odd day to keep everyone happy. But Silloth Golf Club is indeed, a pretty special Golf Course, though I haven't played it for a few years now, it will be nice to go back again.

Still working on this year....Hope to lock it all up.

April: Pinehurst (Working on it now with our group...hoping it comes around...otherwise will be be late may/june back to Prairie Club like the last few years)

July: Branson (This is set)

Sept: Cabot (Was set last year and had to drop for family... I am going this year if I have to solo this year LOL)

One of the advantage of my age is retired friends that snowbird in Fort Meyers, Florida and Palm Springs, California. I will make my annual visits to them. A golfing buddy and I occasionally take our wives out to dinner and a maybe a show. At one such occasion, we were talking about how much we wanted to play golf in Hawaii. It seems our wives remembered that discussion because for Christmas they gave us their coupons for one trip to Hawaii in the coming year. Now we must decide where we would like to play, we'll leave the evening plans to our wives.

January: Scottsdale

February: Los Angeles

Memorial Day: Central Illinois or Indianapolis

July: Traverse City, MI area

August: Monterey / San Francisco (tentative)

Labor Day: Central Wisconsin

December: Someplace warm

One down. I just booked a flight to Vegas for mid-April, and plan to head out to Mesquite and St George, UT for 5 to 6 rounds.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Just got back from Kiawah over the weekend. Incredible place. Just a brutal golf course, but so much fun.

Next for sure trip, is a buddies trip to Myrtle Beach in early-November.

Titleist TSi3 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Red 6S
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 7S
TaylorMade UDI 2 iron - Tour Only Project X HZRDUS 105g 6.5
TaylorMade RSI 3 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4 iron - KBS C Taper X
Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW - KBS C Taper X
TaylorMade Milled Grind 3 54* SB - KBS C Taper S
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe 58* - KBS C Taper S
Custom Cameron & Crown Mallet 1 or Futura 5W w/ custom flow neck
TaylorMade TP5x (2019 Version) 

I am planning a family trip to Disney World in Orlando for the upcoming New Year, if it goes well and everything works out, I'll be playing the Magnolia Curse...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway Paradym HL 16.5*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway Paradym 21*, Tensei AV white 75g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago as back up)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1

I'll hit Las Vegas in April and again in July, this I know already. I have my sights set on a couple of places otherwise but nothing set in stone. As of now I'm dreaming of Cabo San Lucas in May and Hawaii in September, with a trip back to my former home of Orlando over Thanksgiving, perhaps.

Cabo and Hawaii are two of my favorite places. Enjoy!!

July; Nine days in Scotland (Crail, Jubilee, Old Course, Kingsbarns, Carnoustie, North Berwick, Gullane, Muirfield)

Almost identical to my August trip. Only one on that list I probably wont play is Muirfield. Im also adding in New and maybe Castle

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Myrtle in March

South Jersey/AC courses in September

May and October plan on 4 day trips. Probably Carroll valley or Penn National in Gettysburg Pa and either a Poconos trip or somewhere in Va.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

• 3 weeks later...

As of now trips in various stages of planning are:

1) Florida Memorial Day (parents have a place in Naples and can play many great courses in the area)

2) Mount Airy/Poconos over the summer

3) Vegas or Reno Labor Day

4) Back to Florida in October and December

Headed to FL to play Bonita Bay, CC of Naples, Old Collier, & Quail Ridge. Then Caledonia , True Blue, and 2 TBA's in February. After that it will be time to buckle down and get ready for the upcoming season.

there are so many great courses in naples, have you narrowed it down to those specificly? There's a bunch of threads about great golf courses in Naples

• 2 weeks later...

Alotian Club, Southern Hills, and Prairie Dunes in late May

Camargo Club and The Golf Club in June

And, hopefully, Crystal Downs, Kingsley Club, Arcadia Bluffs, Forest Dunes, and Oakland Hills in August

I believe there's only one Alotian member from st Louis, if that's who you're playing with.

I'm just guessing by the stl in your name but could be way off.

My trips always tend to be ad hock but I do have a few planned:

San Diego in January already completed

Weekend of March 10-quick 36 at Streamsong

First weekend of April-Lima, Peru where I am determined to get a round in

First two weeks of May-Cabo for 10 rounds or so

I'll likely hit Ireland at some point this summer and we are strongly considering a trip to South Africa over Xmas with one week of golf and one week of safari.

Now my trip is not only just a Golf Trip, as me and the wife will be celebrating our 5th anniversary. This June we will be going to Orlando so that she can finally go to Disney and while in Orlando we are Staying at Bay Hill for 2 days and I am going to play a round at Arnies Place ! I am very excited about that. We also will be visiting myrtle beach on this same trip and I will be playing 2 rounds there, I am for sure playing Brunswick Plantation in Calabash NC and 2nd round is still open I was thinking playing Grande Dunes in Myrtle because we will be staying very close

April: Mesquite and St George, UT

One down. I just booked a flight to Vegas for mid-April, and plan to head out to Mesquite and St George, UT for 5 to 6 rounds.

Two down. 'Played 7 rounds last week in SoCal. Mesquite and St George next on the plate.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

April: Mesquite and St George, UT

Two down. 'Played 7 rounds last week in SoCal. Mesquite and St George next on the plate.

Where are you playing in TC? Still going to Monterey?

I'm from West Michigan originally. Tons of great courses in the TC area. Also lived in Monterey for about 7 months and was fortunate enough to play quite a few of the courses out there.

I have a few lined up. Most one day 'trips' but they are courses out of my state (Illinois) so I'm considering them as trips.

• Austin, TX for golf and BBQ in Late March
  • Irish Course at Whistling in late April
  • Sand Valley in early May
  • Punta Cana or Cabo with another couple who avidly golfs (This should be fun as hell)

I'm from West Michigan originally. Tons of great courses in the TC area. Also lived in Monterey for about 7 months and was fortunate enough to play quite a few of the courses out there.

Nothing firm on Traverse City yet. I expect I'll play The Bear, but otherwise I'll look at the reviews. I was there once before, and played True North, Boyne, Bay Harbor, and Treetops Signature. There so much quality golf up there it's hard to choose.

Yeah, I'm still considering a SF/Monterey trip. I'd like to hit Presidio, TPC Harding Park, Half Moon Bay, Pasatiempo, Spyglass, Pebble, and The Links at Spanish Bay. 'Not sure I can wrap my head around $1000+ for a round a Pebble (w/ room). I may decide to stay offsite, and hope I can book within 24 hours as a single.

I have a few lined up. Most one day 'trips' but they are courses out of my state (Illinois) so I'm considering them as trips.

• Austin, TX for golf and BBQ in Late March
  • Irish Course at Whistling in late April
  • Sand Valley in early May
  • Punta Cana or Cabo with another couple who avidly golfs (This should be fun as hell)

I'd definitely consider hitting Lawsonia Links, University Ridge (Madison), Wild Rock (Dells), or SentryWorld on your Sand Valley trip.

The Bull at Pinehurst Farms is a good companion course for the Irish.

Nothing firm on Traverse City yet. I expect I'll play The Bear, but otherwise I'll look at the reviews. I was there once before, and played True North, Boyne, Bay Harbor, and Treetops Signature. There so much quality golf up there it's hard to choose.

Yeah, I'm still considering a SF/Monterey trip. I'd like to hit Presidio, TPC Harding Park, Half Moon Bay, Pasatiempo, Spyglass, Pebble, and The Links at Spanish Bay. 'Not sure I can wrap my head around $1000+ for a round a Pebble (w/ room). I may decide to stay offsite, and hope I can book within 24 hours as a single.

Those are all solid options. Good friend of mine is a pro at Treetops, so I've played there a TON.

Bahle Farms in Leelanau is a really fun course. Played there on my bachelor party. Mistwood has 27 holes and I remember them being pretty nice. A-Ga-Ming is also really fun. That was where I beat my dad for the first time. Just a ton of options, like you said.

That's a really solid list of courses for SF/Monterey. Unfortunately, I never made it up to play in SF. Always just traveled up there to get away from golf and explore the city. Pasatiempo, Spyglass, and Pebble are all amazing. My wife and I have been talking about taking a trip to California and making the drive down Hwy 1 from SF to LA. Would love to find a way to convince her to let me play one of those again, but I'm not holding my breath.