Odyssey O Works

Calibama27

Picked up a O-Works #1 today. The SuperStroke GT Tour grip was thinner than i expected but i liked it, it allowed me to retain feel while putting. Not 100% sold on the feel of the insert - i would describe it as soft and a bit plasticky, reminds me of the TaylorMade PureRoll inserts - but I liked the results i was getting on the putting green. First round on Friday..will see how it goes. The RSX V-Line Fang isn't going anywhere until the #1 wins a spot in the bag.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 

Ping G430 22* Hybrid 

Titleist U*505 ('23) 4i

TaylorMade P790 ('23) 5-AW

Taylor Made MG4 56*
Titleist SM8 60*

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7.5

TaylorMade TP5x Pix

Vessel Lite Lux

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up a O-Works #1 today. The SuperStroke GT Tour grip was thinner than i expected but i liked it, it allowed me to retain feel while putting. Not 100% sold on the feel of the insert - i would describe it as soft and a bit plasticky, reminds me of the TaylorMade PureRoll inserts - but I liked the results i was getting on the putting green. First round on Friday..will see how it goes. The RSX V-Line Fang isn't going anywhere until the #1 wins a spot in the bag.

I was glad the 38" that I bought had the midslim 2.0 grip on it. I hit some with a 35" #7 just to give it a try and the GT Tour felt really small to me. I completely agree on the TM PureRoll comparison. I was using an Itsy Bitsy Limited before this and they seem similar. I don't mind a bit of a harder feel and I seem to hit my line a lot more than I did with the Spider. Maybe it's just the #7 head shape/alignment.

I took the #7 out for 3 days but I brought it back and I've gone with the 2 ball. I love the #7 design but the larger 2 ball sight line really aids in keeping my putts online. While I prefer the look of the #7, the putt will most likely result in me sinking more putts so it's a no brainer for me to go for the 2 ball.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold S300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I took the #7 out for 3 days but I brought it back and I've gone with the 2 ball. I love the #7 design but the larger 2 ball sight line really aids in keeping my putts online. While I prefer the look of the #7, the putt will most likely result in me sinking more putts so it's a no brainer for me to go for the 2 ball.

I actually have a two ball Putter and really liked it, but I like a counterbalance face on the #7 and the R-line. The putter I have been using lately is the v-line Big T which really works for me. I don't think I'm going to buy an O Works putter but I sure like the feel of them. Whatever sinks your putts.

I actually have a two ball Putter and really liked it, but I like a counterbalance face on the #7 and the R-line. The putter I have been using lately is the v-line Big T which really works for me. I don't think I'm going to buy an O Works putter but I sure like the feel of them. Whatever sinks your putts.

Exactly. "Whatever sinks your putts." The #7 is prettier to my eye but having the 2 ball could mean that I have 3 putts less a round, so a no brainer really. I thought that the RX line putters that came out last year were brutal. It felt like I was putting with a rotten branch. For that reason, I wasn't expecting much from the O-Works line. I was pleasantly surprised when I rolled them. To me, they feel much firmer than the RX line but they retain a degree of softness which feels fantastic.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Exactly. "Whatever sinks your putts." The #7 is prettier to my eye but having the 2 ball could mean that I have 3 putts less a round, so a no brainer really. I thought that the RX line putters that came out last year were brutal. It felt like I was putting with a rotten branch. For that reason, I wasn't expecting much from the O-Works line. I was pleasantly surprised when I rolled them. To me, they feel much firmer than the RX line but they retain a degree of softness which feels fantastic.

I didn't like the RXline either, and I agree, it felt like I was putting with a croquet mallet. My initial impression was that the O Works was going to have a similar feel, or worse then the RX line. I was pleasantly surprised that the feel was completely different and actually very much to my liking. It's got a nice crisp feel to it imo.

I have a #7 on order and went to the sporting goods store tonight to mess around with some different o-works putters. The #7 was the most consistent of them all. I find the paint scheme to be a little too much. I was thinking about filling in the areas painted red with white paint. Would this be difficult to do since the red is on the sight dots and the lines on the fangs? I don't want to mess up a new putter by using acetone to try and remove the red paint and have it fall on to other areas of the putter. Anyone have any experience with paint filling that can give some suggestions?

I didn't like the RXline either, and I agree, it felt like I was putting with a croquet mallet. My initial impression was that the O Works was going to have a similar feel, or worse then the RX line. I was pleasantly surprised that the feel was completely different and actually very much to my liking. It's got a nice crisp feel to it imo.

There seems to be a relatively large sweetspot on the O-Works 2-Ball that I got that wasn't there on the O-Works #7 or the O-Works R-Line. I have gamed the PING Rustler for the last few years. The sightline on it really helped my alignment and I think the 2-Ball design lining up with my own ball should suit me even better. As mentioned with the RX Line, I was set on buying the RX 2-Ball last year but as mentioned, the horrific feel off it made me hold off another year until now and I am delighted with the O-Works 2-Ball :)

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Unfortunately my shop didn't get the entire line (yet), so I had to wait until today to roll the 1W and R-Line at GG. I must say the entire line is impressive, but the 1W has always held a place in my heart. I'll be ordering mine shortly with the black steel shaft and will be installing the SS Flatso 1.0 in the new midnight black/red when they're finally released.

For those having issues with waiting a while to get their putters.. if you order anything from Callaway/Odyssey that has anything custom about it, whether you order it through a retailer or direct (either way it's direct though with custom specs, the retailer is just placing the order for you), the order gets sent to the customs department. For example, if you order an entirely stock 1W at 34" and the only thing you change is the lie angle, they don't simply take a pre built 1W and bend it to the lie angle and send it out. The order is placed and the customs department builds your club from the ground up. So the only available in stock putters ready to ship are at lengths 33" 34" and 35" with the stock grip and lie angle. Even if you order a putter entirely stock and request the grip not be installed it still goes to the customs department. With the launch of the Epic and O-Works and the season ramping up with warm weather all over the country the custom builds are at all time highs, so you hop in line and wait for them to get to building your order. That's why orders haven't been processing for 1-2 weeks.

Callaway XR16 Pro [color=#808080][size=2]UST VTS Silver TourSPX 7s[/size][/color]
Callaway GBB Epic 15 [color=#808080][size=2]UST VTS Silver TourSPX 8s[/size][/color]
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 2 [color=#808080][size=2](True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)[/size][/color]
Maltby KE4 Tour HDI 3 [color=#808080][size=2](TBD)[/size][/color]
Maltby DBM Forged 5-9 [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Tour 120s)[/size][/color]
Maltby DBM Forged P-G [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Wedge 115)[/size][/color]
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 54.10 - 58.08 [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Wedge 125)[/size][/color]
Edel E-3 Torque Balanced
[size=2][color=#808080]Winn Dri-Tac Midsize / Iomic Sticky 2.3 / SuperStroke 1.0 Flatso[/color][/size]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/993767-pinger89-witb-updated-55-w-new-toys/"]WITB Link[/url]

The #1 felt great and well balanced, but I'm a mallet enthusiast. Some don't like the color scheme on these putters but I think if they're pretty sharp and flashy. if I didn't have a putter that I enjoyed when I did percent I would definitely buy one of O works models, and most likely either the #7 or R-line.

Lining up the 2 Ball with your own ball is just a winner for me. It's so easy to keep the ball online. I didn't think that the White Hot 2 Ball or the RX 2 Ball had a good feel to it but the O-Works 2 Ball is a winner. Fantastic soft yet firm feel.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I tried the R-Line at the club today. It is love! I do find the new face insert rolls the ball better than the RSX V-Fang I have.

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Played my first 27 holes today (65 degrees in NJ!) with the O-Works #1...GREAT putter. not a single 3 putt for me which over 27 holes is really good. Made a few bombs and had many tap in 2 putts. the #1 was really easy for me to line up given the versa paint scheme and the subtle red highlight lines. i finally realized that i putt better with plumber neck heads because the neck gives me an additional point of reference to square up the face. i would still describe the feel as a touch plasticky ? but putts rolled really true..not soft but not firm either, i would say medium firm. Distance control was very good, and i liked the SS GT Tour grip...definitely the smallest SS i've ever tried and i liked it, helps you retain feel while putting. the headcover is a little S&M looking to me and the magnets are pretty strong but these are nitpicks. Great job Odyssey.

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 

Ping G430 22* Hybrid 

Titleist U*505 ('23) 4i

Taylor Made MG4 56*
Titleist SM8 60*

TaylorMade TP5x Pix

Vessel Lite Lux

Unfortunately my shop didn't get the entire line (yet), so I had to wait until today to roll the 1W and R-Line at GG. I must say the entire line is impressive, but the 1W has always held a place in my heart. I'll be ordering mine shortly with the black steel shaft and will be installing the SS Flatso 1.0 in the new midnight black/red when they're finally released.

For those having issues with waiting a while to get their putters.. if you order anything from Callaway/Odyssey that has anything custom about it, whether you order it through a retailer or direct (either way it's direct though with custom specs, the retailer is just placing the order for you), the order gets sent to the customs department. For example, if you order an entirely stock 1W at 34" and the only thing you change is the lie angle, they don't simply take a pre built 1W and bend it to the lie angle and send it out. The order is placed and the customs department builds your club from the ground up. So the only available in stock putters ready to ship are at lengths 33" 34" and 35" with the stock grip and lie angle. Even if you order a putter entirely stock and request the grip not be installed it still goes to the customs department. With the launch of the Epic and O-Works and the season ramping up with warm weather all over the country the custom builds are at all time highs, so you hop in line and wait for them to get to building your order. That's why orders haven't been processing for 1-2 weeks.

I preordered back on Feb 13, 2 degrees up (so 'custom'); I spoke with Callaway CS yesterday and was told my putter would ship out yesterday or today, but was advised it was coming next day air due to the tardiness.

Finally received shipping notice this evening.....coming UPS ground. As one who preordered an Epic way in advance and got caught up in the whole UPS shipping debacle, I have to say I am a bit frustrated at this point.

FWIW, I ordered another model o-works thru GG (using a gift card ?) on Feb 7 (also 2 degree up)--as of yesterday it had not shipped either.

Interesting to me that Mizuno can get a custom built set of irons out in 4 days, but Callaway (admittedly with bigger demand) can't seem to figure out how to deliver on promise.

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

I preordered back on Feb 13, 2 degrees up (so 'custom'); I spoke with Callaway CS yesterday and was told my putter would ship out yesterday or today, but was advised it was coming next day air due to the tardiness.

Finally received shipping notice this evening.....coming UPS ground. As one who preordered an Epic way in advance and got caught up in the whole UPS shipping debacle, I have to say I am a bit frustrated at this point.

FWIW, I ordered another model o-works thru GG (using a gift card ?) on Feb 7 (also 2 degree up)--as of yesterday it had not shipped either.

Interesting to me that Mizuno can get a custom built set of irons out in 4 days, but Callaway (admittedly with bigger demand) can't seem to figure out how to deliver on promise.

Mizuno= Japanese Quality Control Standards

Putted with these today at gg. Soft and felt good. Put a great roll on the ball. Didn't get along with 1w. Liked the r-line, #7, fang and 2 ball. Not sure which I would get.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Putted with these today at gg. Soft and felt good. Put a great roll on the ball. Didn't get along with 1w. Liked the r-line, #7, fang and 2 ball. Not sure which I would get.

I liked the R-Line, the #7 and the 2 Ball. The 2 Ball won out for me in the end. So easy to line up and the black on white really suits my eye. I think all the other models in the O-Works line have some red in the face but I find it distracting so I'm happy that the 2 Ball doesn't have it.

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

So I just regripped my O-works 1w with a SS Pistol GT 1.0 to replace the GT tour that came on the putter, there was no counterweight in the putter? Took the red screw cap off and it was just the cap.

Yes, my O-Works #1 had no counterweight in the grip either, which is fine since i took out the counterweight in the SS Pistol GT 1.0 that's on my RSX V-Line Fang...

Ping G410 Plus 10.5

Ping G410 5 Wood 

Ping G430 22* Hybrid 

Titleist U*505 ('23) 4i

Taylor Made MG4 56*
Titleist SM8 60*

TaylorMade TP5x Pix

Vessel Lite Lux

So I just regripped my O-works 1w with a SS Pistol GT 1.0 to replace the GT tour that came on the putter, there was no counterweight in the putter? Took the red screw cap off and it was just the cap.

Yes, my O-Works #1 had no counterweight in the grip either, which is fine since i took out the counterweight in the SS Pistol GT 1.0 that's on my RSX V-Line Fang...

Well the question is isn't their suppose to be one in there?

Mizuno isn't even close to apples to apples when comparing product presale and fulfilling custom orders. Most everyone ordering the O-Works putters as preorders would have had some kind of custom option, be it grip or lie angle or length etc. In fact, ALL preorder sales for clubs go through the customs department, so the club is built to spec and not spit out on some factory line. With the hype and launch of the Epic, as well as the hype and launch of the O-Works putters it created massive backlog in Callaway customs. I understand being frustrated to a certain extent, but Callaway can't control how many preorders or custom orders they receive, so if there's a backlog then what are they supposed to do? With clubs being built to spec from the ground up you can be sure that the club you ordered is what you're going to get. When you order a "stock" option they're mass produced and are quite often off from spec, so I would think waiting a couple weeks is worth not having to go through the hassle of having to have Callaway make right something they screwed up in the specs of what you want.

Also, Mizuno can sure as heck turn around clubs quickly, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't had issues with the clubs they've ordered. Lofts and lies are almost always off from spec. There are exceptions, but it happens so often it's laughable and an inside joke among club fitters. Better ring up your customer for a loft and lie adjustment on top of their clubs. Plus, not even close to the volume of Callaway in American markets.

I get it's, it's frustrating, but it's not Callaway's fault. They're human and they can only build clubs so fast. Every company experiences this at some point and there's no avoiding it. Heck, if you ordered a set of PING right now you'd be waiting over a month. Ordered a 3 wood for a customer, completely stock, and it took 5 weeks to come in WITH overnight shipping.

Callaway XR16 Pro [color=#808080][size=2]UST VTS Silver TourSPX 7s[/size][/color]
Callaway GBB Epic 15 [color=#808080][size=2]UST VTS Silver TourSPX 8s[/size][/color]
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 2 [color=#808080][size=2](True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)[/size][/color]
Maltby KE4 Tour HDI 3 [color=#808080][size=2](TBD)[/size][/color]
Maltby DBM Forged 5-9 [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Tour 120s)[/size][/color]
Maltby DBM Forged P-G [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Wedge 115)[/size][/color]
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 54.10 - 58.08 [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Wedge 125)[/size][/color]
Edel E-3 Torque Balanced
[size=2][color=#808080]Winn Dri-Tac Midsize / Iomic Sticky 2.3 / SuperStroke 1.0 Flatso[/color][/size]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/993767-pinger89-witb-updated-55-w-new-toys/"]WITB Link[/url]

Absolutely love the feel and roll of these putters. Think it may be the first one to knock my ProType #7(330m) out of the bag. I rolled the V fang the best, but think I may wait for a while and hope that they eventually release a 330m model. One of the plumbers neck #7's in that photo on page 1 would be absolutely ideal for me and I would pick it up in a heartbeat, but I have a feeling those aren't coming to the market any time soon.

Titleist TS2 9.5* w/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 60x
Taylormade M2 Tour 15* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 8x
Ping Anser 17* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Ping Anser 20* w/Fuji Motore Speeder TS 9.8x
Mizuno MP-18 SC 4-PW w/PX LZ 6.0
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52* and 58* w/Dynamic Gold TI X100
SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange Stealth w/SuperStroke Flatso 3.0 CC
Winn DriTac w/4 extra wraps under bottom hand
ProV1