Pizza : what you having on it?

Qqq123xx

Checked and no new thread for couple years so lets crank one up.

As many toppings as you wish. Flavored crust that's fine also. And favorite pizza drink if one wishes

For moi I like Pepperoni, Jalapenos, and Bacon.

Drink varies, no real favorite.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Good call, i don't recall ever seeing a Pizza thread....and yet Pizza is so amazing

I go out once a week to an italian place around my house and always get the same one, which is a meat lovers. Bacon, Italian Sausage and Pepperoni.

But i'll order different ones when at new places, or when travelling etc. I have always liked chicken based pizzas too. In Quebec City there was a place that did a pesto chicken Pizza that was great. I've had mesquite BBQ chicken type pizzas too

But nothing beats meat lovers

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Hate away but i actually like pineapple and Canadian bacon on my delivery pizza. If going out for a nicer pie pepperoni is the call. I make my own at home with the boboli pre made crust usually fresh grated mozzarella and pesto on that one.

Beer usually some sort of IPA or IIPA goes nice with the pizza

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

You guys made me hungry. So I just ordered a Dominoes. I told you I was boring, I like their pizza.

Dominos is actually my favorite delivery pizza too. I get their meat lovers aswell....it's really not that bad.

Plus they have great cinnesticks

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Pizza here is not so good so I make my own.

Yeast dough with lots of Basil and Oregano mixed in.

Pepperoni on the whole pie with Pineapple on 1 half.

Home made tomato sauce.

Mozzarella from some place in Europe. Not too salty.

I like the cheese on the top so it gets a little brown.

I make enough dough for 2 pies. Use 1/2 the day I make the dough and freeze the other half.

The first dough has a little rise to it. A little thicker pie.

The one that was frozen doesn't rise so much and makes a nice thin crust pie.

Talent is the desire to practice

You guys made me hungry. So I just ordered a Dominoes. I told you I was boring, I like their pizza.

They did a nice job re-doing their crust. I always liked it when folks would tell me they didn't like the pizza bc the ingrediaents weren't fresh. They, and Pizza Hut, had a 3-4 day turnaround on vegetables. Much fresher than local going through a wholesaler who went through a wholesaler. So, in short, I agree.

I usually go with local pizza shops. Once in a while get the chains. I like Dominoes and Papa Johns, although Papas are pretty salty and have to have a lot of liquids available which can be detrimental to ones well being the following morning.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Whole milk mozz, couple cloves of garlic, sausage, red onion, green pepper, anchovies right at the end after the oven gets turned off. Prefer deep dish when it's homemade, so I'll use a 9 x 7 glass pan and let the dough rise for quite a while in the oven before sauce then topping. Sauce is simple, diluted tomato paste, garlic, oregano, basil, olive oil....I like it thick as opposed to runny. Crust is the premix stuff, and I make sure to coat the pan with olive oil as it adds to the flavor of the crust and seems to make it nice and golden brown with a bit of crunch. Not bad for a homemade za.

"2, 2, gimmee 2, thats good."

One on top of the other...

[media=]

[/media]

Lol nothing like a little Disco Pizza to crank the day started.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

This place, fuhgedaboudit...

All these are good. I like a sicilian with prosciutto di parma and black olives ; )

http://lavillapizza.com/phone/index.html

Napoletana Wood Fired with whole milk mozzarella, certified organic italian tomato and basil sauce. large 18" (8 slices), small personal small 13.00 large 16.00

Siciliana thick crust deep dish pizzawith whole milk mozzarella and certified organic italian tomato and basil sauce. large square 12" x 18" (8 slices), small deep dish personal. small 13.00 large 17.00

Margherita homemade local mozzarella, organic italian tomato and basil sauce and drizzled with certified extra virgin olive oil. wood fired. small 15.00 large 24.00

Margherita - Smoked Local Mozzarella Wood Fired small 15.00 large 24.00

Mozzarella Di Bufala authentic imported buffalo milk mozzarella from campania, italy. organic italian tomato and basil sauce and drizzled with certified extra virgin olive oil. large round, small round. small 16.00 large 25.00

Focaccia Della Nonna grandma's pizza is made with homemade local mozzarella, organic italian tomato and basil sauce and drizzled with certified extra virgin olive oil. large square or large wood fired, small deep dish or small wood fired. small 15.00 large 25.00

Marinara homemade marinara sauce made from organic italian tomatoes, fresh garlic, basil and extra virgin olive oil. large square or large wood fired, small deep dish or small wood fired. small 12.50 large 17.00

Sottosopra Upside Down homemade local mozzarella baked under the homemade marinara sauce with fresh garlic, basil and drizzled with certified extra virgin oilve oil. large square or large wood fired, small deep dish or small wood fired small 14.00 large 24.00

Bianca white pizza whole milk mozzarella topped with whole milk seasoned ricotta, authentic pecorino and drizzled with certified extra virgin olive oil. small 14.00 large 24.00

Speciale our nyc style special" pizza is loaded with fresh fennel sausage, sliced pepperoni, homemade meatball, sauteed mushrooms, carmelized onions, oven roasted peppers & whole milk mozzarella. large square or large wood fired, small deep dish or small wood fired. small 15.00

Pepperoni but actually just about anything including anchovies (which appear to have gone extinct on pizzas).

Wife makes a mean pizza on our Kamado Joe.

Having lived in Chicago for over 30 years but now in the Smokies and Charleston (which are pizza deserts and thus the wife's great pizza) I can say that plenty of options abound from deep dish, stuffed, and thin. However, some of the best of the best, Pizzeria Uno and Gino's East in particular, are shells of themselves since the late 80s early 90s - call it corporate mania to franchise. We stopped going to them in the early 90s. Only Lou Malnati's stands true to it's roots imo. Some prefer Pequod's (or Burts but that is another story) but the crust is just to thick for my taste especially when it's not hot and fresh.

Best pizza experience. In 1986 after a Cubs game and eating a large at Gino's one of my buddies (and leader of the baseball idiots who in 3 years we went to every major league park except Atlanta, KC, and Texas - a plan concocted in the Wrigley bleachers in 1984) bet the other than he couldn't eat his third slice in 3 bites. $50. He got it in and actually took a sip of his beer but a las it was not to be. Impressive ,but to this day he admits his mistake was a too small first bite which resulted in the third including all of the end crust. LOL.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

For delivery, I'm a papa johns fan. Ham and Mushrooms, extra sauce, normal cheese. I've been petitioning them to add a "no cut" option to their app for a long time because the kids working the shop simply cannot cut it close to 8 similar sized pieces. Dining out, I like Mellow Mushroom or a few little local options. Despite my heart belonging to Chicago, I like NY or American style pizza MUCH more than deep dish.

At home, I've got a baking steel and like making 10" pies. I use a PJ clone sauce, little bit less sweet, Jim Lahey's no knead crust recipe, and typically stick to fresh moz / basil or moz and sweet peppers. I plan on getting a proper pizza oven this year.

One thing I HATE is pizza places that get overly creative. Just learn to make a good pizza and stop hiding behind strange toppings.

Drinks? That's a whole thread.... I'm currently into varieties of mules, margaritas and mojitos. Actually drinking my DIY version of the El Jefe margarita from Uncle Julios, which consists of a decent tequila, reyes ancho chile liquor, and fresh squeezed lime juice.

Deep dish.

Pepperoni

Green peppers

Pineapple

Extra cheese

More cheese

A little more cheese

That's enough cheese

I SAID THATS ENOUGH xxxxxx CHEESE!

Mountain Dew. OG with real sugar, orange juice, and caffeine.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

Do they do deepdish anywhere outside Chicago? That's probably a dumb question but a serious one. I've only had it there.....here we basically only have thin-crust type pizzas at the nicer places.

Montreal is very european style in terms of food. There's 3-4 places i got for great pizza but they are all like brick over style thin crust.

I wasn't crazy about deep dish to be honest

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

This will confirm my white trash ways, but when you can get a Little Caesar's Deep!Deep! dish pepperoni stuffed crust pizza straight out of the oven, it's amazing.

So is their Cheesy Bread. When it's fresh.

After about a an hour, it starts to take on the flavor of pig feed. It doesn't reheat well, either.

But fresh! fresh!...........damn good.

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

BP's tropical chicken…topped with another slice of BP's tropical chicken. Pizza sandwiches for the win.

Rogue ST Max LS (8.0), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX 

Cobra Aerojet (14.5), Tensei CK Pro White 70TX

TSi2 (18, A1), Tensei AV Raw White 85TX

U85 (22), X100

i210 (5-UW), X100

Glide 3.0 (54.12SS, 60.06TS)

35” Daddy Long Legs

Srixon Z-Star XV

This will confirm my white trash ways, but when you can get a Little Caesar's Deep!Deep! dish pepperoni stuffed crust pizza straight out of the oven, it's amazing.

After about a an hour, it starts to take on the flavor of pig feed. It doesn't reheat well, either.

I'll second this. I have at least 10 pizza places within 3 miles of our house. Some are $25+ for a pizza. The best is exactly what you described above. I also work a few blocks from what has been voted "best pizza in America" a few times. I have eaten there once. It was good, but it wasn't pizza. Too much fancy pants stuff for me. Pistachios do not belong on pizza.

Do they do deepdish anywhere outside Chicago? That's probably a dumb question but a serious one. I've only had it there.....here we basically only have thin-crust type pizzas at the nicer places.

Montreal is very european style in terms of food. There's 3-4 places i got for great pizza but they are all like brick over style thin crust.

There are someplaces around here and there. Uno's is a chain that does it. Here in Nashville there's a place called 312. Every time I eat Chicago style I end up totally regretting it for a few days..... Just so heavy and rich that it puts me into a food coma.

Best I every had was in Green Mill in St. Paul, Mn. Back in 1980 so who knows today. Many try but usually miss on the crust/dough. Often too puffy - some call it sicilian - I call it eating a ton of dough - I want pizza not bread with sauce on it. As I said Uno's and Gino's have sold out - those franchise and even the orginials are shells of what they used to be. Frankly, I ate more thin than deep dish or stuffed but now when we go back it is usually deep dish. I can't eat any of the chains. A lot of places now want to do neopolitan which is just an excuse to serve you a pie that feeds one and charge you $25 for plain cheese. Really? Of course, being from the burgh I grew up on Police Station pizza - a unique pizza that is square, ... you have to be there to experience ordering it- how many, topping on each slice, extra unmelted cheese?, 12 in a box, - call Police Station cause that's what it was beside - of course it didn't hurt that we won the state bball championship and got a lot of free slices which may bias my view, lol .

9baa1caf468d7c725380cf05191dab5e.jpg

236a4fc50105c900d31690ffce41f4c9.jpg

photo-1-e1410814641400-960x840.jpg

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

Best I every had was in Green Mill in St. Paul, Mn. Back in 1980 so who knows today. Many try but usually miss on the crust/dough. Often too puffy - some call it sicilian - I call it eating a ton of dough - I want pizza not bread with sauce on it. As I said Uno's and Gino's have sold out - those franchise and even the orginials are shells of what they used to be. Frankly, I ate more thin than deep dish or stuffed but now when we go back it is usually deep dish. I can't eat any of the chains. A lot of places now want to do neopolitan which is just an excuse to serve you a pie that feeds one and charge you $25 for plain cheese. Really? Of course, being from the burgh I grew up on Police Station pizza - a unique pizza that is square, ... you have to be there to experience ordering it- how many, topping on each slice, extra unmelted cheese?, 12 in a box, - call Police Station cause that's what it was beside - of course it didn't hurt that we won the state bball championship and got a lot of free slices which may bias my view, lol .

Great story. Thanks for the pics.

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Thats a decent looking NY sicilian pie, nice.

"After about a an hour, it starts to take on the flavor of pig feed. It doesn't reheat well, either."

This is not a good sign ; )

That square pizza reminds me of one of the better pizzas I've had in a while. Blue Moon pizza in Sandy Springs, GA has "grandma's pizza" that is rectangle and in lieu of sauce has crushed tomatoes, sliced garlic and basil kind of thrown on the dough with dollops of fresh moz spread around. The pizza is cooked in a baking sheet with some oil so the crust is kind of "fried".