2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Arccos 360 New User Review

Hello everyone, my name is Eric. Figured providing a user review of the new Arccos 360 would be a good place to start. And to give some background on myself, I'm 27 years old and recently decided to take my golf game more seriously. In addition to the Arccos, I also train with an Orange Whip and DST Compressor and sometimes play with a Golf Buddy Voice v1. Fortunately, my fiancé supports my newfound obsession and treated me to the Arccos 360 right before our New Years trip to Mexico.

In Short: The Arches 360 is a great way to track your rounds and really help identify your strengths and weaknesses.

Install was very simple and straight forward. In fact, taking clubs in and out of my bag was the biggest "hassle" of the whole process. Despite this being a Christmas present and living in the Northeast, I fortunately had the opportunity to use the Arccos for the first time while on vacation in Mexico. Before we left, I made two tee times at the Iberostar Cancun and confirmed that I’d be able to use my cell phone (without any additional costs) in Mexico. After that was straightened out, I downloaded the course in advance to reduce my data usage.

Similar to install/setup, starting a round was very simple: launch the Arccos app on your smartphone, search for the course you’ll be playing, the starting hole and tees, and select “Start a new round”.

Without boring you about the entire round, the Arccos seamlessly recorded my different shots during the round, distances, etc. There were a few hiccups which could be attributed to user error (e.g., multiple shots were recorded when, after taking a few practice swings with a 4i, I second-guessed myself and switched to a 3h). Furthermore, I believe checking every shot and playing with the features probably helped kill the battery faster. At the end of the round, I had ~45% battery remaining.

Here’s an iPhone screenshot of one of the holes, how it records the shots, and displays the data.

After I got home, I was excited to see how the desktop website presents the data.

In addition to a similar hole overview display, the online site provides a nice scorecard breakdown, illustrating GIRs, drive direction and distance, putts, and strokes gained.

In addition to being able to review each round, the Arccos dashboard also has tabs for your club history (i.e., average “smart” distance, longest distance). My only complaint here is the Arccos doesn’t appear to have a filter or distinguish full short irons and wedge shots from chipping and, as a result, it skews the smart distance for these clubs. In addition to the club data, the Arccos also provides a traditional handicap breakdown, but takes it a step further and breaks down your driving, approach, chipping, sand, and putting handicaps.

Despite only playing 2 rounds with the Arccos 360, I’d highly recommend this to anyone who’s a data junkie, takes a competitive approach to golf, or is simply looking to focus on their game’s weaknesses. That last reason is what I find most valuable because I now can specifically identify what to focus on most before the 2017 golf season kicks off in the Northeast.

If anyone has any questions, I’ll try to respond ASAP. Thanks for the read.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just received the original arccos as a gift and noticed only the arccos 360 app for downloading. Are these compatible?

There is only the 1 app and it is compatible. They renamed it in the app store but it is the same.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...

I'm five rounds into using Arccos 360, and it's been really, really interesting. I'm a stats freak; always have been, so this stuff is fascinating to me. I must say, the array of stats that are available with Arccos is impressive to say the least.

So a Pro-Con review:

Cons:

Only one, really; I haven't played a round yet without missed shots. I even called Arccos, and followed their suggestion to take my iphone7 out of it's case, but I still get some missed shots, with no real apparent connection between the various instances within a round; seems pretty much random. I've followed their most recent advice and deleted and downloaded the app, so we'll see what happens when I play tomorrow. While it is very easy to edit and add a shot, the precision of the information is compromised somewhat when you do this, at least as compared to what you get if the app and sensors function properly.

None of this is a big deal on my home course, where I know the holes and can clearly remember every shot. I'm concerned about what happens, though, when I play a less familiar course if I have to try to remember what club I hit and from what distance on a missed shot.

Pros:

First, as I mentioned above, the array of stats is really, really impressive when you go to the website after the round. The graphics are great, and the depth and quality of the information is just excellent.

Second, and contrary to what others have said, I find it very easy to just forget about Arccos and play, and then deal with it when I'm finished. I'll glance at it from time to time out of curiosity to see how my score compares to what Arccos is showing, but I don't use the Arccos GPS function, to I just forget about it. I'm not bothered in the least by having my phone in my front pocket, btw.

Third, after I got more rounds in, I think Arccos will be valuable in helping me figure out problem areas that I can address; the stats are that good.

And finally, there has been an unintended benefit of having the sensors in the butt of each club; I've come to really like a little bit of counterbalance! I had used TourLock weights in putters before, but never in full swing clubs; the Arccos sensors are 7 grams, and I think that even if the day comes that I don't use Arccos, I'll head to Home Depot and get screws that weigh about that much and just screw them into the butt end of the grip. Seems to be helpful with fully releasing the club, and I wish I had tried it earlier!

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the missed shots I get happen to be with the putter which is unfortunate. I have to go in and manually edit and add a shot in the app on the phone, not on the website. It sucks that you can't edit shots on the website as it's easier to control with a mouse/touchpad and a larger screen than your phone.

All in all, I really like this system. The other thing I wish you could do is edit some shots to say that you were into the wind or you hit a knock down through the trees so that you could categorize those shots differently so that your averages on full shots aren't misfactored based upon different shot types or challenges.

Callaway Epic 9.0 w/Mitsu Grand Bassara
Titleist 915F 3W
TMaG 4 Rescue 2011
PXG 0311XF 5-7 Steelfiber
PXG 0311 8-GW Steelfiber
Scotty Newport Notchback 34"
Titleist BV 54 & 58 Wedges

This new stuff (A.I.) is VERY interesting. Always wanted to try arrccos but bad reviews on 1st version kept me away. Now GG is going nowhere, and golfpad tag is not releasing link system quick enough, I'm going to try arrcos v2.

Go for it, I'm really excited for when they launch the new course analyzer feature

This new stuff (A.I.) is VERY interesting. Always wanted to try arrccos but bad reviews on 1st version kept me away. Now GG is going nowhere, and golfpad tag is not releasing link system quick enough, I'm going to try arrcos v2.

Go for it, I'm really excited for when they launch the new course analyzer feature

I thought it was already live. When does that feature launch?

I thought it was already live. When does that feature launch?

It's supposed to launch by May

Tried it this morning. Absolutely horrendous android app. There weren't one hole that did not have a missed shot. Did not register a single putt. Android app is so buggy it closed on me 3 times and it slowed down whole phone significantly.

Will try again in a year. I did not expect to return this after one day. lol

That is a shame he android app is horrendous. My buddy had and android too and his app always crashes. By 9 holes, his phone is drained and isn't able to finish / log his round. I've got an iPhone and works 95% of the time. Once in a while it'll register too many shots or app crashes. I love it. Arccos just needs a better android dev team for this.

I'm also sorry to hear the android app isn't up to par. Arccos is a great system.

Mine has "never" crashed, misses or adds a couple putts per round, and maybe missed 5 regular strokes in the 2+years I've had it.

And it usually uses about 30% of my iPhone 6 battery per round.

Arccos + iPhone is great.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

I received Arccos 360 as a gift, being a recent GameGolf Live customer. I thought I would try it out before possibly regifting it to my father-in-law. I know others have reported problems with the app, I haven't had those problems running on my iPhone 7 Plus. I have limited experience so far having played twice since I received it.

So far my experience has been positive as this system has picked up all of my shots. I like that verse the tagging the GameGolf system requires you to do. I will say that in its current release Arccos seems less built out than GameGolf on both the app and the desktop side. What I have found is GameGolf is easier to share data via social networks or even online. For me, this is not a deal breaker as I want the data for me not to share with others at least not primarily. Being new to this great game of Golf I'm still developing my swing and understanding how far I can hit each club consistently. So tracking this information helps me to make club better selections.

The last point I would make it appears from the recent marketing announcements that Arccos has the momentum at the moment. I was very surprised GameGolf didn't have any announcements during the recent PGA merchandise show. I'm not sure what this means if anything, but it was a missed opportunity at the very least.

Also, how easy is it to create multiple clubs? (i.e. driver1, driver2, d3, d4..) will Arccos show data for each separate clubs? Their demo only shows one data for 'Driver'. who only has one driver in wrx?? lol

In contrast, I'm using an iPhone and found the initial setup incredibly easy (near stupid proof). And once you pair a sensor with a club, it tracks all relevant data (average distance, max distance, accuracy, percentage of misses left/right, etc.).

I've also never had a problem with battery life. After downloading a course, usually end a round with ~55-60% remaining (that's with me texting and what during the round). For what it's worth, I don't think it's ready for "set and forget." Just to make sure I don't have to go back and edit shots, I'm going to try and get into a habit of confirming at the end of each hole.

The data presentation is incredible though and, personally, I don't care for the socially media integration. Between their partnerships with Cobra and Microsoft, it's nearly guaranteed that Arccos will be the peak golf tech.

Also, how easy is it to create multiple clubs? (i.e. driver1, driver2, d3, d4..) will Arccos show data for each separate clubs? Their demo only shows one data for 'Driver'. who only has one driver in wrx?? lol

It is easy to create multiple clubs. The process is simply 'unpairing' the sensor from one club and pairing it with the new club(s). You rename the newly paired club(s) so that you can see the separate stats for various clubs that have been in and out of the bag.

Titleist TSi3 9* w/Tensei Blue S

Titleist TS2 FW 15* w/Tensei Blue S
Titleist 818H1 19* & H2 23* w/Tensei Blue S
Callaway Apex Pro 21 w/Recoil F4

Callaway RTX Zipcore Raw 50*, 54* & 58*
Scotty Cameron Phantom X8 34"

using iphone was much better.. although that doesn't say much because Android app is such a POS.

App registered 2 putts for every hole except one (where I actually did 2 putt) It also registered few practice swings.

Inability to edit shots on computer is a letdown. Stats screen is the best I've seen. Very clean looking with a lot of information. Strokes Gained colored-circle is a very easy way to look where your game needs improvement.

If it registered shots correctly (location and numbers) then I would definitely keep Arccos, but even with such a better improvement than competitors, I cannot stand looking at phone and middling fingers to edit shots after every round..

I've now used Arccos 360 for approx. 20 rounds; I love it. I'm a stats freak anyway, and I'm addicted to the info this gives me.

FWIW, I never look at it in-round; I don't use the GPS feature because I wear a watch. Early on, I had some problems with missed shots; I called Arccos and they suggested that I take the phone out of it's case, and that has pretty much fixed the problem. (I have an iphone7, and like others 30% of battery life seems typical). My phone is so thin when not in it's case that I just never think about it during the round, in case any of you are worried about that part.

By far the most time-consuming thing after a round is working on the putting info. I get a lot of "extra" putts, I assume from things like tapping down repaired ball marks, but editing that part is simple. What takes a bit longer is fine-tuning the hole locations and where my first putt was from, but I probably do more of that than I would have to do to be as accurate as possible. I found this to be a bother at first; now I kind of enjoy that part, and it gives me better feedback on the putting handicap, of course.

Really anxious for the course analyzer. Want it to figure a strategy for me and see how it says I should play my home course. Then playing a round trying to stick to that, vs my normal club selection.

two questions:

1. I prefer to keep my phone in my bag but I would assume this is the main source of missed strokes? i walk so the bag is never more than 10 feet but i hate having it in my pocket.

2. I use the weighted Superstroke slim3.0 grip... how would this work with the putter sensor?

I had missed shots when phone was even in back pocket. Instruction says to put phone in front pocket.. so... you get it.

You have to cut the screw and tape the sensor to the back. Or you can just manually add putts.

• 2 weeks later...

two questions:

1. I prefer to keep my phone in my bag but I would assume this is the main source of missed strokes? i walk so the bag is never more than 10 feet but i hate having it in my pocket.

2. I use the weighted Superstroke slim3.0 grip... how would this work with the putter sensor?

I had missed shots when phone was even in back pocket. Instruction says to put phone in front pocket.. so... you get it.

You have to cut the screw and tape the sensor to the back. Or you can just manually add putts.

I think manually adding putts would be a pretty easy fix; if you want to really make the putting stats accurate, you need to go into edit mode and move the pin and the check the location of your first putt anyway. It would be no problem to click on the plus to add the number of putts, and then use the edit function.

Update:

23 rounds in to using Arccos, all on the same course, and I think I've found some really useful data from the distance info as it relates to gapping.

I've found that I need to be hitting my 4 hybrid more as a layup club on par 5's, and that I need a 3/4 shot with both my 9 iron and my gap wedge to take 5-10 yds off to cover specific distances. I guess I should have figured that out somehow, but without regular access to a Trackman, it's a little tough. Good benefit from Arccos.

Update:

23 rounds in to using Arccos, all on the same course, and I think I've found some really useful data from the distance info as it relates to gapping.

I've found that I need to be hitting my 4 hybrid more as a layup club on par 5's, and that I need a 3/4 shot with both my 9 iron and my gap wedge to take 5-10 yds off to cover specific distances. I guess I should have figured that out somehow, but without regular access to a Trackman, it's a little tough. Good benefit from Arccos.

I've done a similar analysis way back in the pre-Game Golf, pre-Arccos (and for that matter pre-Trackman) days using just yardage markers, a laser with a notebook and pencil. It is a real PITA to gather enough data that way to reach any solid conclusions.

One thing I found about either manual distance logging or Game Golf is that the conclusions reached are pretty steady over time. So I've never felt any real need to keep doing it for more than a few months at a stretch. In fact after a while the actual scoring stats start to depress me...they show I'm basically equally crappy at every element of the game!

I've now used Arccos 360 for approx. 20 rounds; I love it. I'm a stats freak anyway, and I'm addicted to the info this gives me.

FWIW, I never look at it in-round; I don't use the GPS feature because I wear a watch. Early on, I had some problems with missed shots; I called Arccos and they suggested that I take the phone out of it's case, and that has pretty much fixed the problem. (I have an iphone7, and like others 30% of battery life seems typical). My phone is so thin when not in it's case that I just never think about it during the round, in case any of you are worried about that part.

By far the most time-consuming thing after a round is working on the putting info. I get a lot of "extra" putts, I assume from things like tapping down repaired ball marks, but editing that part is simple. What takes a bit longer is fine-tuning the hole locations and where my first putt was from, but I probably do more of that than I would have to do to be as accurate as possible. I found this to be a bother at first; now I kind of enjoy that part, and it gives me better feedback on the putting handicap, of course.

Hi bluedot,

it's very interesting what you've wrote about Arccos. Did you test our bebrassie software? It would be great to get a feedback from a »hardcore Arccos user« on that. We did a lot of tests with GameGolf and Arccos and made our own experiences. The bebrassie app got a 30-day free trial. Just choose the monthly subscription and the payment starts with the second month. Just cancel your subscription during the trial period.

Looking forward to your feedback.

bebrassie Tracking App

iOS and Android

Hi bluedot,

it's very interesting what you've wrote about Arccos. Did you test our bebrassie software? It would be great to get a feedback from a »hardcore Arccos user« on that. We did a lot of tests with GameGolf and Arccos and made our own experiences. The bebrassie app got a 30-day free trial. Just choose the monthly subscription and the payment starts with the second month. Just cancel your subscription during the trial period.

Looking forward to your feedback.

bebrassie Tracking App

iOS and Android

I haven't tried it, but I promise to look into it. Thanks for the suggestion!