#TaylorMadeTuesday at The Kingdom, Feb 26-28, 2017 (pics added pg1,16,19 & 20)

HipCheck

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just noticed Darrin/Dnice26's photo of the TP/Tour Team sign! At first glance, it looks like it says "Tour Teamiest". I thought it was a play in the Rocket Balls campaign - as in "Rocket Ballsiest."

Turns out it just says Tour Team/Est. 1997.

That was a really cool room, BTW. Just loads of what I presume were early release and prototype shafts everywhere.

@Dnice. He saw mine

Literally had this same putter made for me in left handed except the rear weights are black. The face insert is ridiculous. So good.

I was pumped to try the JD and DJ spider putters....but after setting them down and the face sitting wide open, I was turned off immediately.

The TP putters are beauties. I think TaylorMade dropped the ball a smidge on the aesthetics of the TP logo. Almost gives the putter a cheesy, cheap kind of look, but when you pick up the putter and give it a close look, you know it is a high quality stick. I'm pumped to get mine! I really enjoyed the balance and stroke flow of the berwick. Its been some time since I've gamed a mallet. I'm a bit hesitant to go aware from the anser style now, but I fully trust Duane's fitting.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

@Dnice. He saw mine ��

Literally had this same putter made for me in left handed except the rear weights are black. The face insert is ridiculous. So good.

I was pumped to try the JD and DJ spider putters....but after setting them down and the face sitting wide open, I was turned off immediately.

The TP putters are beauties. I think TaylorMade dropped the ball a smidge on the aesthetics of the TP logo. Almost gives the putter a cheesy, cheap kind of look, but when you pick up the putter and give it a close look, you know it is a high quality stick. I'm pumped to get mine! I really enjoyed the balance and stroke flow of the berwick. Its been some time since I've gamed a mallet. I'm a bit hesitant to go aware from the anser style now, but I fully trust Duane's fitting.

Maybe it's because I played a Ghost Spider S Mallet back in the day, but I thought the JDay and DJ putters looked like they were missing something without the sight line. I think the red limited and the platinum look much more complete with the line on the crown, but that could just be me.

73d6cbd96f5fb3cd2d37c144b215c77f.jpg

c06b8737adaded0c13949180c02aa7df.jpg

c722d195b72f4c2f380791ea5b379225.jpg

ec361ee679686445cc292f50f6eed4e7.jpg

a4d5e27c87d7a162e600221f8c253630.jpg

34fd935e143601963455f266de813489.jpg

ba8b6e52075f189a83615f96362770b1.jpg

a91bbb23c225c59858e8c4a57834a564.jpg

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

I'm a bit hesitant to go aware from the anser style now, but I fully trust Duane's fitting.

It's kind of hard to argue when he shows you the geometry and physics behind the results. I was making putts with several models and was please with how I was stroking the ball with a couple, but I could tell he was not pleased. Then he hands me the Berwick and I swung it fine, made a couple of putts with it, and he says "done." I was like, "really, why?" So he showed me the aim and swing path comparison and the points of contact on the face and they were all SIGNIFICANTLY better with the Berwick. It wasn't my least favorite of the group of putters I hit, but I doubt I would have picked it on my own. After seeing the numbers, I can't wait to get mine.

@Dnice. He saw mine ��

Maybe it's because I played a Ghost Spider S Mallet back in the day, but I thought the JDay and DJ putters looked like they were missing something without the sight line. I think the red limited and the platinum look much more complete with the line on the crown, but that could just be me.

I agree about the sight line. I would have preferred one. I'm not JDay or DJ, though. If the platinum was all red or all black, it would have looked great.

73d6cbd96f5fb3cd2d37c144b215c77f.jpg

c06b8737adaded0c13949180c02aa7df.jpg

c722d195b72f4c2f380791ea5b379225.jpg

ec361ee679686445cc292f50f6eed4e7.jpg

a4d5e27c87d7a162e600221f8c253630.jpg

34fd935e143601963455f266de813489.jpg

ba8b6e52075f189a83615f96362770b1.jpg

a91bbb23c225c59858e8c4a57834a564.jpg

That swing is pure Jimmy Walker, D! I'm envious!

Your spot on! I new I saw that swing somewhere.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

e2b15b854450f45b5b0e9a9a13b8e098.jpg

f17cfee5c49368423af5433984268a78.jpg

Little tinkering at home in the freezing cold. Really liking the Fuji tour spec in this setup.

Some glue from the hot melt dislodged on my first swing...yikes! Hoping a hair dryer will fix it.

Little tinkering at home in the freezing cold. Really liking the Fugi tour spec in this setup.

Some glue from the hot melt dislodged on my first swing...yikes! Hoping a hair dryer will fix it.

Those Srixon's are so damn sexy! I really want 765s as my next set of irons. Hopefully when that time comes, I can get a good fitting somewhere.

Little tinkering at home in the freezing cold. Really liking the Fugi tour spec in this setup.

Those Srixon's are so damn sexy! I really want 765s as my next set of irons. Hopefully when that time comes, I can get a good fitting somewhere.

Maybe they could host the next trip?

I'm a bit hesitant to go aware from the anser style now, but I fully trust Duane's fitting.

It's kind of hard to argue when he shows you the geometry and physics behind the results. I was making putts with several models and was please with how I was stroking the ball with a couple, but I could tell he was not pleased. Then he hands me the Berwick and I swung it fine, made a couple of putts with it, and he says "done." I was like, "really, why?" So he showed me the aim and swing path comparison and the points of contact on the face and they were all SIGNIFICANTLY better with the Berwick. It wasn't my least favorite of the group of putters I hit, but I doubt I would have picked it on my own. After seeing the numbers, I can't wait to get mine.

But if the putter doesn't look right to the user.....How can you have confidence long term????

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

Quick update: tp5x is legit. Lots of interesting tech that we'll share about later, but long story short, higher launch, lower spin with driver and irons, maintains spin around the greens. I picked up 4-5 yards with 6 iron, 8 yards with driver, and spun a 50y wedge comparably to ProV1x. 4 iron peak height was 12 feet higher, ball flight very stable. We'll be testing these on course tomorrow, but... I'm sold! Just a better ball all around!

We've been doing driver and putter fittings all morning (indoor bays because it's still pouring). I was fit into the M2 D-type with my same shaft (ust vts silver 6x). Here are averages (peak ball speed with the M2 was 178,compared to 175 with the SLDR).

are you going to switch balls? Did you play the X before? Really love more insight on this? Thank you...

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

But if the putter doesn't look right to the user.....How can you have confidence long term????

Time will tell, I guess. All of the putters that looked right to me in the past never made putts! This one obviously swings the way it needs to swing for me to make putts. It aims where I think it should be aimed (the others were roughly 2 cups left of where I thought they were aimed) and stays on line during the stroke (the others pulled further left during the strike).

That was the benefit of the MAT-t fitting system - it showed you with objective data why you were missing, and showed with that same data which putter could be used with your same stroke to correct it.

Is putting stats/analysis or is it art? Everyone is different, hope all works for you this season. Thanks for all great content!!

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

Is putting stats/analysis or is it art? Everyone is different, hope all works for you this season. Thanks for all great content!!

It is a valid question. All I will say is that, when it comes to putting, I am no artist! Ha Ha! I can't say yet whether the statistical/fitting approach will work, but the putter that is on its way put me "on plane" better than any of the others. I'm anxious to see if it translates to results.

By any chance did anyone ask if they plan to bring the M2 Tour 5 wood to retail?

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Quick update: tp5x is legit. Lots of interesting tech that we'll share about later, but long story short, higher launch, lower spin with driver and irons, maintains spin around the greens. I picked up 4-5 yards with 6 iron, 8 yards with driver, and spun a 50y wedge comparably to ProV1x. 4 iron peak height was 12 feet higher, ball flight very stable. We'll be testing these on course tomorrow, but... I'm sold! Just a better ball all around!

We've been doing driver and putter fittings all morning (indoor bays because it's still pouring). I was fit into the M2 D-type with my same shaft (ust vts silver 6x). Here are averages (peak ball speed with the M2 was 178,compared to 175 with the SLDR).

are you going to switch balls? Did you play the X before? Really love more insight on this? Thank you...

I posted a few other times on the ball, one with some additional launch monitor data here: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1448158-taylormadetuesday-at-the-kingdom-feb-26-28-2017-pics-added-pg11619-20/page__st__690#entry15085744

But to answer your question, I've always put the Prov1x in play for competition. I want to evaluate a few more things on-course with the TP5x, but as of right now I do plan to switch to the TP5x, yes. The only other thing I need to see is how well it spins/reacts inside 50 yards. Low spinners, etc. Everything else points to it being a slightly better ball than anything I've played before. I think another round or two will tell me what I need to know, and I will certainly keep everyone posted here!

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
Spider Tour Platinum 35"
TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en

By any chance did anyone ask if they plan to bring the M2 Tour 5 wood to retail?

Not at this time.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Not at this time.

?

Thanks for the reply

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I see Rahm has moved up the ladder to #25 in the OWGR. Know I see why everyone at TM has a man crush on this kid. He sure is fun to watch.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour

Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

So pretty much all the gains were from more rollout from lower spin

Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 7*........................Project X Smoke Green 60 TX
Taylormade Stealth Plus 13*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 8X
Taylormade Stealth Plus 17*.........................Fujikura Ventus Black 9X

Srixon ZX Utility 3..........................................Fujikura Ventus Black 10TX
Srixon ZX Utility 4..........................................Dynamic Gold X7
Srixon ZX7 5-9...............................................Dynamic Gold X7
Cleveland Zipcore Raw 47, 53......................Dynamic Gold X7

Vokey Wedge Works V Grind 59..................Dynamic Gold S400
Yes! Ann.........................................................KBS GPS 120