If you have hit a hole in one - what was the shot like

Bbo569

I'll kick it off. At a course called the Spur in Columbia, SC November 28, 2015. 195 yards with water down the right hand side. I hit a 5 iron that held the line from the tee, we had a good bit of rain the week leading up to the round and I landed my hit an inch short of the hole. Good thing for all that rain cause I took half the cup edge into the cup with me! 2a7c4be138cda7859c3d49b435482175.jpg

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First one - 3/4 5 iron, cool, overcast morning into a little wind about 160 yards just enough uphill you couldn't see a ball rolling on the green - hit it so good, lasered a little right to left up to the green. Couldn't see it go in, jumped on back of cart too late, but saw nothing on the green and "knew". Felt awesome off the face.

Second one, later that same season - 9 iron, 139 a little downhill - can't say it felt special, pinky had been bent over sideways shortly before, so it was buddy taped, but I thought I'd hit a good shot, nice and high, just kept staring at it because I thought it would be close. Hit just a couple feet short of the hole and rolled right in before I knew what was happening. But, saw it go in!

Both in 2013.

I missed it. 7 iron from 155 took one hop and went right in, I was bending down to get my tee and my buddy said, "Hole in one!" Lol just my luck!

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

I was fooling around with a Tight Lies 7 wood, could hit it maybe 180 yds, but straight up. Playing late in the day off an elevated tee, 210, tried the 7 wood just because. Lost the ball in the air, but it felt good. Went down to the green, no ball. Grumbling around, looked off the back, both sides, way short, finally someone said "Hey, look at that divot.". Right behind the hole, backed it up about 6 inches into the jar. Saw about 30 yds of the shot until it hazed out. Kept the ball, gave the 7 wood away.

First one, had only been playing for a few months, it was nearing twilight and me and a buddy were out walking 9 holes. Not a good shot at all, bladed it but it rolled up by the pin and to what I thought was over the green. Walked up and saw my bright orange MAXFLI X-out in the cup.

Second one, very short par 3, playing with my grandad so I played white tees with him, only needed a wedge. Pure shot, nice and high, hit and rolled right into the cup. Ball was also a Maxfli, I guess I should start playing maxfli more but I don't really like what they have out now.

One and only. Around 1997. Legacy Golf Course in Las Vegas, number 15, 147 yrd 7 iron. There's a rise before the green so you cant see the cup when its up front, but you could see the flag. Shot looked great in the air. Normally we would see the ball after it released but it never came into view.

Kinda knew it was in when we drove up, but it was exciting to find it in the cup.

Miramar Memorial Golf Course in San Diego. Hole #5. 138 yards. Wind usually against you, left to right. Over a pond, big tree on the left and bunker just beyond the tree. Pin was back left near the bunker so I started it at the middle and worked it toward the pin. Flushed it. It bounced once and disappeared. I thought it bounced over the green. The ball mark was right next to the hole. My dad and I took a couple of minutes to look for it when I said, let's look at the hole just in case I hit a hole in one. I guess it slam dunked off the bounce. I'm super grateful it was just my dad and I that day. Great memory that I'll hopefully remember forever. I high-fived him so hard that his hand hurt for a couple days. Haha. Sorry pops.

http://www.golfwrx.com/406976/917-vs-915-results-from-the-ultimate-titleist-driver-fitting-experience/

CONGRATS!! Be glad you got a picture. I didn't even think of it when I got mine.

Mine was about 186 with a 6 iron. Ball hit the middle third of the green and just chased on back taking the slope until it dropped. I thought it was going over the green and kept telling it to "get down". LOL.

The rest of the story...my Dad died the previous summer and I'd considered quitting golf because the game wasn't the same without him in my life. After taking the ball out of the cup, my first thought was that I wanted to call Dad. Wen I called my brother and told him about the ace and that I wished I could tell Dad, he said, "He knows...hell, he probably kicked it in." He's probably right.

#9 at a local course called Bonneville by the university. Elevated tee box about 168 yards w/ my 9i. Pin was top shelf in the back. Ball flew to the back fringe and slowly started to trickle back about 20 ft until it dropped in the cup. One of the best shots in my life that you just knew was good from the second you made contact. Made the hole in one with a top flight feel ball. Was super bummed when they stopped making that ball as it was my go to k-sig back in the day as a poor student. I had so much adrenaline as a 20 yr old that I proceeded to duck hook a ball OB on the next tee. Totally worth it.

In a tournament when I was 16 years old and it's still my only one to this day. 180 yards wayyyyyy uphill to a blind green that slopes heavily from right to left. Hit a flush 4 iron about 15 feet right of the pin. Someone else in my group hit a good shot too, so when we walked all the way up there and a ball was stuck between the cup and the pin, we didn't know whose ball it was. It was quite the accomplished feeling when we all realized it was mine. Shot five under par that day and won the tournament by three shots!

Also, in a 15 month span I had this hole-in-one and TWO double eagles. It was amazing. Been a long 14 year drought since then... LOL

TM 300 Mini 11.5 AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 3HL AD-DI 7X

TM Sim2 Max 7-Wood AD-DI 8X

Ping i230 5-UW LAGP L-Series 120S

Ping Glide 3.0 52-12

Vokey SM8 58-10S

Vokey SM8 62-08M

Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4/TM Spider X Hydroblast

OP, I hit a shot exactly like yours a couple of weeks ago, on very soft greens, but the ball kicked off the flag and ended up about four inches right of the hole. Took a good chunk out of the lip but didn't go in, the latest of probably 4-5 times I've lipped out or hit the flag. Still no ace for me, but congrats on yours.

#9 at a local course called Bonneville by the university. Elevated tee box about 168 yards w/ my 9i. Pin was top shelf in the back. Ball flew to the back fringe and slowly started to trickle back about 20 ft until it dropped in the cup. One of the best shots in my life that you just knew was good from the second you made contact. Made the hole in one with a top flight feel ball. Was super bummed when they stopped making that ball as it was my go to k-sig back in the day as a poor student. I had so much adrenaline as a 20 yr old that I proceeded to duck hook a ball OB on the next tee. Totally worth it.

After I made the hole in one mentioned at the top (my first) my hands wouldn't stop shaking. My playing partners refused to take the honors from me on the following tee box from me after a hole in one while I calmed down. So sure enough I top my drive right into water right in front of the tee. That brought me back down to earth quickly, re-teed, middle of the fairway, hit my approach to 6 inches, and made a bogey 5 (should of been a birdie 3). I saved my scorecard from that round to frame with the ball and I will however take that 5 sitting on the card next to my 1 as opposed to a 7 or 8 which it very quickly could have been!

OP, I hit a shot exactly like yours a couple of weeks ago, on very soft greens, but the ball kicked off the flag and ended up about four inches right of the hole. Took a good chunk out of the lip but didn't go in, the latest of probably 4-5 times I've lipped out or hit the flag. Still no ace for me, but congrats on yours.

That is tough, a week earlier or after when it was drier and I suffer the same fate. I got lucky, but I will take luck all day! I am sure your time is coming

After I made the hole in one mentioned at the top (my first) my hands wouldn't stop shaking. My playing partners refused to take the honors from me on the following tee box from me after a hole in one while I calmed down. So sure enough I top my drive right into water right in front of the tee. That brought me back down to earth quickly, re-teed, middle of the fairway, hit my approach to 6 inches, and made a bogey 5 (should of been a birdie 3). I saved my scorecard from that round to frame with the ball and I will however take that 5 sitting on the card next to my 1 as opposed to a 7 or 8 which it very quickly could have been!

Haha I didn't save my scorecard but I did get my name in the local newspaper in the sports section in small print. Had my 3 witnesses name's who happened to be well known baseball players. My dad got a few calls from friends that saw my name in there. I think he enjoyed that part. I saved the news paper and ball for mine.

EDIT: I actually keep the ball in my bag.

Uphill 143 yarder, big bunkers short left, woods long. Pin back left

9i off the ground ... which is strange as I usually always tee it up. Anyways, high draw that never left the flag. Searched long, searched short

Thought, what the heck, take a peekaboo .... and there she finally was .. sunk ! Three feet behind the hole was the ball mark so it spun back in ... the green tilt was in my favor though

Only 1 ... so far ..... it was 2012 and I had been golfing since 1980

Ping G400 LST 11* Ventus Black TR 5x

Ping G400 3w 15.1* GD AD IZ 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x 

Ping G425 4h 22* Blueboard HY 80x

Ping i210 6i & s55 7i - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*ES, Tour W 64* SF 125s

EvnRoll ER9

First one : My buddy and I are playing getting ready for the upcoming member/guest tourney. We normally play the blues but the tourney is using the white. We're trying to figure out what to hit etc. #12 par3 with 3 bunkers right and hazard all down the left. Pin it back left over a hump at 186. Hit 6i just right of the flag with a little draw. We both figured it would be long and a little right since it hit middle and took off. We get up there and can't see it. Check the cup and bingo I bought drinks.

Second one : One week later same hole, same pin, same playing partner and almost the same shot. We get up to the green and go straight to the cup and my ball is there.

Last one : MGA event at my course (first year here). Hole was 206 and tucked back left. I just wanted to get to the middle of the green. Hit 5i, hit a bit of a push draw. One of my playing partners hit it on the same line. We get up there and there a ball 2" from the cup. I don't see my red line on it so we all assume it went over the back. Couldn't find it, check the hole and there it is! It won me 1/2 of the HOI pot.

I didn't see the ball go in on any of them.... Not that I'm complaining.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

174 yds. 6 iron. Shot was at dusk, In December near the coast and the hole was in a swale near the front of the green so I didn't see it go in. I thought I hit it well, a little left of the pin. We got to the green and I couldn't find it. I started looking long, someone else looked in the hole and found it.

Best part was it was happy hour when we finished. Bought everyone in the bar a drink, tipped the bartender well and was still only $50!

First one was a semi-bladed wedge from about 115. Lucky as hell - this is the hole in one your 30 handicap friend gets. Medium low banana that lands short and bounces forward right into the stick and drops.

2nd one was a nicely struck 8i from about 155 - ballmark 6" right in front of the hole. I deserved that one.

3rd one....Word not allowed PW from about 120. Shoulda been front edge but it hits the collar and rolls forward like a putt right into the hole. I was alone but oh well.