Tiger Woods: "No Timetable for my Return to Golf..."

tigers9iron

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no timetable.....ummmm......Niiiiice!!!....sorry, checking on my phone for the taylormade deposit..... as i was saying, there is no time table for my return to golf. I'll update you again whenever i feel like it.

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

I think he'd retire if he hadn't signed those deals with TaylorMade and others recently, he has to keep up appearances for the time being.

Also if it was any other sport than golf, he'd just give up. But the fact that players can win in their 40s (even though a lot that were winning in their early 20s generally don't) means that he'll be happy to keep testing it, taking six months out at a time, rather than outright quitting in my opinion.

Don't think it's great for the game though to have him hanging over it like that if it's going to be like this for another five years or more.

Tiger's health and chances of beating Jack's major record has taken a backseat to his ego and bank account. Why did he try to come back early before he was fully healed so many times? His ego. Why did he sign with TaylorMade even though he didn't like any of their irons enough to play a current model? They paid the most. Why did Tiger schedule so many tournaments early on in the season? Because he under a minimum tournament contract and he tried to get a bunch of them out of the way. Why did he fly to Dubai when his back has been iffy? He wanted to get paid. Why was he lifting heavily when his back was barely holding up? Because he wants to be the longest and strongest on Tour still.

Tiger's ego made him what he was up until a few years ago, but now it's killing his career. His back would have been bad either way, but his choices lately aren't helping things out.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Tiger's health and chances of beating Jack's major record has taken a backseat to his ego and bank account. Why did he try to come back early before he was fully healed so many times? His ego. Why did he sign with TaylorMade even though he didn't like any of their irons enough to play a current model? They paid the most. Why did Tiger schedule so many tournaments early on in the season? Because he under a minimum tournament contract and he tried to get a bunch of them out of the way. Why did he fly to Dubai when his back has been iffy? He wanted to get paid. Why was he lifting heavily when his back was barely holding up? Because he wants to be the longest and strongest on Tour still.

Tiger's ego made him what he was up until a few years ago, but now it's killing his career. His back would have been bad either way, but his choices lately aren't helping things out.

Story of most faded stars. Ali and Tyson were similar.

Hind sight is 20/20.

I have been sick all week, tried to go back to work today. Lasted about 2 hours. Was it my ego that made me go back? No, I wanted to get stuff done, and I thought I felt pretty good. I was wrong.

If there was some manual on how to come back I am sure Tiger would follow it. But as there is no manual, he is making it up as he goes along.

His cryptic say nothing statements as if he's negotiating with the Russians on some major agreement...well I'm done. Not reading anymore threads about him. Yeah, he doesn't need the money, doesn't need anything but R & R, enjoying his kids and giving the young guns some words of widsom at the Ryder and the like. Adios!

I think he'd retire if he hadn't signed those deals with TaylorMade and others recently, he has to keep up appearances for the time being.

Also if it was any other sport than golf, he'd just give up. But the fact that players can win in their 40s (even though a lot that were winning in their early 20s generally don't) means that he'll be happy to keep testing it, taking six months out at a time, rather than outright quitting in my opinion.

Don't think it's great for the game though to have him hanging over it like that if it's going to be like this for another five years or more.

I can think of maybe five players in my lifetime who made some official statement or proclamation that they would never again play in a professional tournament. Jack and Arnie come to mind, and that was at extremely advanced age.

Expecting TW to retire officially is never going to happen. There's no reason for him to.

Hind sight is 20/20.

I have been sick all week, tried to go back to work today. Lasted about 2 hours. Was it my ego that made me go back? No, I wanted to get stuff done, and I thought I felt pretty good. I was wrong.

If there was some manual on how to come back I am sure Tiger would follow it. But as there is no manual, he is making it up as he goes along.

Your illness and tigers 47 million back surgeries, your work done for a company, his ability to (probably) buy that company,.... I mean, there are endless reasons why that analogy isn't very good. Moses makes several good points, primarily in my mind is the early season schedule he tried to put himself through was easily identifiable as a risky course of action.

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Hind sight is 20/20.

Your illness and tigers 47 million back surgeries, your work done for a company, his ability to (probably) buy that company,.... I mean, there are endless reasons why that analogy isn't very good. Moses makes several good points, primarily in my mind is the early season schedule he tried to put himself through was easily identifiable as a risky course of action.

I own the company - but if Tiger would like to make an offer I am all ears.

Hind sight is 20/20.

I own the company - but if Tiger would like to make an offer I am all ears.

LOL Ill make some calls!

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

At this point, maybe he should set his goals a bit lower than playing. Mabye playing with his kids, and living a normal life should be his goals.

He's basically said that already. "Anything else I do is gravy." But Tiger still wants to try to win. Why not?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (DI-95X, PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 50*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Winning is embedded deeply into his being. To play and not win has got to hurt.

This is going to sound odd but at his peak I was a fan but mainly because I respected his game - not because I saw him as super-human. I think that so many people placed him on such a high pedestal that it is no wonder his fall has been such a bad one.

Perhaps instead of it being a matter of what personal goals Tiger sets for himself it might be better to look deeply at just what exactly we, as fans, have set as goals for him. I, for one, would love to see him finish an entire tourney, leave smiling and without pain, and interview talking about his next tourney. Win or not just finishing should, at this point, have enormous value.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

2018!

Agreed. In 2018 you'll still be posting this video to make up for the fact that Tiger ain't got it no more

TaylorMade Qi10 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black
Bridgestone Tour RX

He is remaining horizontal on his time table.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: PXG 0311XF Gen 5 4 Wood; Smoke iM10 Green 70 TX D6

Irons: PXG 0317X; PXG 0311T Gen 5; 5-GW DG 105 X D7

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

People wonder why I pick on Tiger so much. It's threads like this. Everyone clinging to memories of great golf played... Wait for it....9 years ago.

It's been over for a long time.

Are you forgetting he won 5 times, which was about 30% of the tournaments he entered, and won player of the year in 13?

I didn't forget. But that was a flash in the pan considering he was 5 years removed from his last major.

All the greats know when to call it a day with playing professionally.

He has more opportunity with other golf related endeavors. All in all,it is his call,

I look at this as a solid call on his part.

Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....

4 HC

People wonder why I pick on Tiger so much. It's threads like this. Everyone clinging to memories of great golf played... Wait for it....9 years ago.

It's been over for a long time.

Are you forgetting he won 5 times, which was about 30% of the tournaments he entered, and won player of the year in 13?

I didn't forget. But that was a flash in the pan considering he was 5 years removed from his last major.

Agreed when you compare it to his major runs, but we can't say that winning 5 times in one season isn't great golf!