Odyssey O Works

Calibama27

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been putting with a Scotty X7M for about a year and a half. Lately I've made a couple changes to my setup and this has made the 33" putter too short. Yes, I know I could make it longer, but what fun is that? So yesterday before I played I stopped in at PGA SS and rolled a few putts with the RSX 7, Fang and then the O Works Fang and 7. Really like the RSX "look" but didn't want to spend $379 on one. I felt the standard O Works lineup to be too light, but I was really impressed with the Tank 7. This thing is super easy to align and rolls the ball as good as any putter I've ever seen. Walked out with one figuring I'd try it and return it if I don't like it. Well I shot my lowest round in 6 months and had 5 birdies. I did have 2 three putts, but they were speed related and difficult 2 putts. Hopefully the honeymoon continues.

[size=3]Taylormade SIM Max 10.5 Hzrdus Green 70[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade M4 3 wood - Tensei White Pro[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid 19 - Atmos Blue[/size]
[size=3]Titleist 816 H2 Hybrid 21 - Diamana D+[/size]
[size=3]Mizuno MP-20 MMC 5-PW - $ Taper [/size]
[size=3]Callaway X forged 56, 60[/size]
[size=3]Taylormade TP Red-White Ardmore 2[/size]

Went to Carls Golfland Sunday with the intent of ordering an O Works 1W. After trying it (and liking it), I tried several other models of O Works and settled on the V Line Fang CH. Head felt heavier and more stable. Ordered it 34", black shaft and 2* flat. They are requesting the "heavier" weights, but there is still no evidence that they exist. I'll find out in the next couple of days. I will report back.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

I just got my R-Line w/black shaft in the mail from the pre order Thursday. i didn't like the Super Stroke 2.0 that came on it because i am too used to the 3.0 Super Stroke i had on my old V-Line. so i already put a new Super Stroke 3.0 grip with a 50g counterweight on it. it feels great putting with it in my room. lol. i'm playing in a St. Patrick's day scramble this weekend so we will see how it does on course. the contrast on the alignment and the size seem nicer to my eye than my old V-Line was.

15phpqq.jpg

2prwm5y.jpg

I just got my R-Line w/black shaft in the mail from the pre order Thursday. i didn't like the Super Stroke 2.0 that came on it because i am too used to the 3.0 Super Stroke i had on my old V-Line. so i already put a new Super Stroke 3.0 grip with a 50g counterweight on it. it feels great putting with it in my room. lol. i'm playing in a St. Patrick's day scramble this weekend so we will see how it does on course. the contrast on the alignment and the size seem nicer to my eye than my old V-Line was.

15phpqq.jpg

2prwm5y.jpg

Sweet! I have an odyssey Big T Vline putter that I really like. If I didn't have that already I would probably purchase what you got, I really like the feel of that putter.

15phpqq.jpg

2prwm5y.jpg

Sweet! I have an odyssey Big T Vline putter that I really like. If I didn't have that already I would probably purchase what you got, I really like the feel of that putter.

great putters

[size=4][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][b]DRIVER[/b]- Callaway Rogue Oban Tour Limited 60s
[b]3 WOOD[/b]- GBB Epic Oban Kiyoshi Gold 75s
[b]HYBRID[/b]- Titleist 818 H1 19/23 Hybrid Atmos HB Tour Spec 85s
[b]IRONS[/b]- Srixon 765/565 Nippon Modus 105s
[b]GAP[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 52 Modus 105
[b]SAND[/b]- Callaway MD4 Chrome 54 Modus 105
[b]LOB[/b]- Callaway MD3 Chrome 58 Modus 105
[b]PUTTER[/b]- Bettinardi Queen Bee #6
[b]BALL[/b]- Callaway Chrome Soft X[/font][/size]

How would one go about stripping the paint without ruining the insert to make the putter look a little more classy, similar to Rory McIlroy's?

BTW, crazy paint or not, my 1W is rolling the ball (indoors) better than my metal x milled.

I'm curious about possibly changing the color scheme as well. I did some iron paint fills a few years ago and I'm pretty sure I just used an x-acto knife to scrape the old paint out and then a paint marker to fill back in. I'm guessing that would work here as well but maybe there's another way.

I publicly stated on here that I was always a blade putter with a slight arc. I changed my stroke to become less wristy and I found that I had a SBST stroke through fitting with my new stroke. I tried almost every putter that came out in the last 5 years or so and the best result was the Odyssey O-Works 2 Ball. I felt that I always controlled blade models that little bit better. I put my face balanced blade (Ping Anser 5) head to head with the Odyssey O-Works 2 Ball and the 2 Ball was so much better in terms of alIgnment, feel and forgiveness on slight mishits if I missed the sweet spot.

The 2 Ball has 1 extra line of of micro hinge grooves that come on every other O-Works putter. The 2 Ball is approx $20 dollars more than any other O-Works model but to me, that extra line made such a difference. The O-Works #7 looked better to my eye but I couldn't hit it as sweet or as consistently as I did with the 2 Ball.

Odyssey has hit a home run with O-Works line. I hope that I won't change my putter for the next decade.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Just picked up the R line center shaft in 35. I haven't used a center shaft in a long while. I had the old 2 ball and then a rife Barbados center shaft and had some success with those, especially on longer putts. This R line frames up to the ball very well for me... can't wait to play....

Callaway epic 9.0
Cobra bio cell 3/4
Ping G 19 degree hybrid
Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35

How would one go about stripping the paint without ruining the insert to make the putter look a little more classy, similar to Rory McIlroy's?

BTW, crazy paint or not, my 1W is rolling the ball (indoors) better than my metal x milled.

To achieve Rory's silver look, the best way to go about doing it would be to bead blast the finish off the head. You would have to meticulously tape off the face insert as well.

- Josh

I purchased a Tank #7 from a WRX member and it came in a few days ago. I haven't missed a putt yet and the MicroHinge insert is the greatest piece of golf technology that has ever been put into a club!

But bad jokes aside, it is an extremely soft feeling putter and yet the ball comes off the face hot so I am a little worried about distance control. This could be because I've used a 33" Byron Morgan DH89 for 2 1/2 years, which is basically an eternity when it comes to WRX-time for a putter, and the Tank #7 is 38"(I plan on cutting it down, I just haven't got around to that yet). So take the distance control thing with a grain of salt because the putter styles, lengths, and grips couldn't be more different, and it's going to take me a little time getting used to it. As much as I dislike the paint scheme, it does make it easy to get your alignment set up correctly, which is always something I've struggled with. I went into this purchase not expecting to like this putter but I've been pleasantly surprised. I'll post an update after I get it chopped down, I have a feeling that the DH89 might be for sale soon!

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

As much as I dislike the paint scheme, it does make it easy to get your alignment set up correctly, which is always something I've struggled with.

Feel the same way. Never really liked the color scheme...used the putter and feel like I'm lining things up way better. Still considering changing it. Maybe I'll just change the red lines and dots to black. That would be a simple fix and hopefully keep the putter/ball framing the same.

I just picked up a R-Line. I had the grip changed to a Odyssey 3Gen black/white grip. There is nothing I don't love about this putter. However, my RSX V-Line Fang has drained quite a few crazy long putts so the R-Line will have it's work cut out for it if it's going to get "gamer status".

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

I've putter with the X7M for most of the last year, but pulled out my Button Back during the winter season and was all set to game that this season, but then I tried the new 1W CB from the pros bag and ordered it right away. 33.5", 2 flat, black shaft with the GT 1.0 grip. I was told 3-4 weeks also. Hope its sooner..

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 5 Wood w/ TD-70-S

Taylormade Stage 2 Tour hybrid w/Fujikura Speeder HB-S

PXG 0317t w/steelfiber i95-S 5-PW

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Taylormade TP5X

I just picked up a R-Line. I had the grip changed to a Odyssey 3Gen black/white grip. There is nothing I don't love about this putter. However, my RSX V-Line Fang has drained quite a few crazy long putts so the R-Line will have it's work cut out for it if it's going to get "gamer status".

I am thinking that those 2 putters you mentioned are quite similar except for the inserts, so you should have success with the new one. I love those putters if I didn't have an nice putter already I Would by One.

Rsx feels much better than oworks

+1 on that but the O works rolls the ball better not by much but better

I've got the RSX Milled #7 as well, and I'm rolling it pretty nicely at the moment. Best I've putted in a long while. I have tried the O Works #7 and it felt really really good too, a bit softer and felt (to me) like it rolled a little better. Definitely felt like I'd have no trouble getting the ball to the hole with the O Works.

Finally heard back from Carl's. They talked to Odyssey about the removeable weights in the O Works putters and the "heavier" weights won't be available until sometime in the summer. There will be a charge for them even if you wanted or ordered them initially in your custom order. In my book, not very good customer service. Should offer something you don't have or have it ready when the product is launched.

Either way, the wait continues for my putter.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

Finally heard back from Carl's. They talked to Odyssey about the removeable weights in the O Works putters and the "heavier" weights won't be available until sometime in the summer. There will be a charge for them even if you wanted or ordered them initially in your custom order. In my book, not very good customer service. Should offer something you don't have or have it ready when the product is launched.

Either way, the wait continues for my putter.

Yeah, but they did realize what was going on prior to the pre-sale. The original descriptions had them all listed as "adjustable weighting" on the website, and when they realized the kits would not be ready in time, they changed it to "sole weighting". They do have removable weights, but no one was ever told they were getting a weight kit, and heavier weights were never advertised.

If a kit comes out this summer, that is a great option, even if it costs $20. JMO.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I've been sinking everything during extensive carpet sessions with V Line Fang. Can't wait to get out on the course Saturday when we should finally have some decent weather.

Ping G400 LST 10.5º - Oban Kiyoshi Purple
Titleist TSi2 15º - Tensei Blue 75

TaylorMade M2 Rescue 22º – Matrix Ozik
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW – Modus Tour 120

Mizuno JPX 921 Tour GW - Modus Tour 120
Vokey SM7 56.10º S & 60.14º K
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Have my #7 Tank cut down bent to 70 and 2. I also had the shaft blackout should come tomorrow and will post pics.

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

SCOTTY CAMERON T11 BGT POLAR SHAFT SAND BLASTED TO MATCH HEAD... FLATSO 1.0

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

Confirmed. Odyssey will be releasing WBW versions of the 1W, 9, and 7 end of April.

Where did you get this confirmation? I hope you're right, I just haven't seen it written anywhere.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I bought both the O-Works 2-ball and R-line CS to test. Both have a great feel, but to me, the R-line is the better fit. 2-Ball went to the BST last night! (Shameless plug for my ad)

TITLEIST TSR 2 w/PX Evenflow Riptide

Titleist TSR2 16.5 w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR2 21w/Tensei Blue

Titleist TSR1 5h, 6h 7h w/Kuro Kage Black

Titleist 24 T-100 7-AW, Recoil 95

Titleist SM9 - 54, 60

Scotty Phantom X5, Scotty Squareback

Titleist ProV1, Callaway Chrome Tour

Vessel Player IV Pro