REVIEWS: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Testing. Read what member testers say.

Look what was just dropped off!!!

Looking forward to putting this through its paces today, this weekend and over the next 2 weeks or so and give my feedback. I do have to travel a good bit the next 2 weeks so I may be a bit slower getting my impressions in. I have a range session and can jump on our launch monitor this afternoon. Hope to be able to provide some quick feedback then.

You can see its main competition in the picture. I have been playing the Hzrdus Yellow since last fall. I had it in a Ping G LS 9* and now it has moved over the the Epic SZ 9*. I most recently tested the GD Tour AD TP 6s and that shaft could not give me what I have in the Yellow. I sold it so any comparisons there will be by memory. I do have a Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 but it is in an M2 so comparisions there will not be apples to apples either.

About me:

Currently playing to a 6.5 HC. Normally play down to a 4 in the summer. I will be probably be someone the "normal" golfers want to watch. I am 50 years old, 170 lbs and 5'11". Swing speed is right around 100mph most of the time. I started a designed golf swing speed concentrated workout at the gym in January and the goal is to get the SS up to 105. Seeing some gains so hope to have it there by summer and then maintain. I am a high ball hitter. Went through a Trackman session in 2016 and found out I have a +2-3 AoA. I fight spin due to an open clubface at the ball. Ironically my misses are left due to knowing I have to close the face down and pull it. I do love my Hzrdus Yellow but if I had to improve it I would want to bring launch down with it. Spin is usually very good but launch is high. I was going to get a Hzrdus Black but then I was chosen for this testing so the timing was perfect. Right of the top I want to sincerely thank Fujikura and GolfWRX for this opportunity. I'll update this post accordingly.

Looks and build:

This shaft looks fantastic. The pearl white is classic Fujikura. The shaft is understated but still manages to catch attention. They built mine to play 45.25" in my Epic with a Lamkin Fujikura grip. Because the Hzrdus is counterbalanced it plays at D3. The Atmos gets the swing weight up to D6. I went with no tipping.

Initial Feel Impressions:

Feel is always subjective but here goes. Got to the range today and was able to also get 9 holes in. I don't know Fujikura does it. I am always reminded when I come back to their shafts that they have a way of combining smoothness, stability and kick better than any other manufacturer. That is what you get here. Very stable. Don't let that worry you though. This shaft is not hard to load for my swing speed. This shaft seems to have what I call a "full length load kick". I really don't feel one part of the shaft jump out at me (i..e. tip or under the hands) I will drop some numbers in here. I was able to get on our monitor at the course and after warming up took 5 swings with each. I didn't drop any out so these are the shots I hit without any fudging. I was impressed and surprised immediately. I picked up a decent amount of ball speed which I cannot really explain. The Atmos is .25" longer and I did seem to find the center more often. Overall distance wasn't that different. I think there is some optimizing to be done. Launch was lower than the Hzrdus and spin was lower so I was seeing flatter flight and a touch more roll. You guys can dissect these but I was please with what I was seeing overall. I took some bad pics of the monitor screen and didn't want to try and put them in so I just transposed to a spreadsheet.

• Like 1

First, a sincere thank you to GolfWrx and Fujikura- I plan to put this through its paces starting this weekend. It was delivered today (3/10), and initial impression is this shaft looks bad@$$. It's a different kind of white, almost candy-coating like.

About Me: I'm 31, 6'3", 235#s, happily married of 2+ years (June), once a collegiate baseball player (pitcher) and have been playing this crazy game since the ripe age of 6 years old. I was scratch in HS before taking baseball more seriously in college and laying off golf for 4 years -- only to realize I needed a competitive nature in my spare time and took golf more seriously about 2 years after graduating (figure, 2009 or so). Since then I've been scratch or better since 2015 -- qualifying for some New Jersey State Golf Association events, Metropolitan Golf Association events and trying out for the US Open the last 2 seasons.

My specs:

2017 M2, M1 Drivers (Have the ability to test them all) in varied lofts, previous/preferred loft is 10.5*

45.25" playing length

New Decade MCC+4 standard grip with 2 wraps

Previously played (favorite) shafts:

- Kuro Kage XT 60TX

- Diamana W 70X

- Speeder 7.2 X flex (tipped 3/4")

Swing Tempo/Transition:

Smooth/Moderately Aggressive

Heres my current setup in my 2017 M1 440 10.5*:

20170310_155225_zpstr8prbzt.jpg

2853c6d1-72d0-452c-90a9-a8ada581b7a9_zpstledmve4.jpg

20170310_155830_zpsrsf8k6xa.jpg

20170310_155837_zps5mpougo9.jpg

20170310_161435_zpsaendjchi.jpg

3/15/2017 UPDATE:

After a flightscope session, the ball speed, launch, and accuracy was spot on, but slightly spinnier than id prefer. On worse swings though, the ball wanted to go left - which is not my favorite miss. Feel is phenomenal. Will have to judge this outdoors to see if the flightscope results translate to course.

Here's my summary:

post-244071-0-41091800-1489617472_thumb.jpg

• post-244071-0-08922900-1489617490_thumb.jpg

3/17/2017 UPDATE:

After playing around with different head setups (10.5 M1 440, 460 and M2; 9.5 M1 440 and 460), weight configurations, loft adjustments, etc. I believe the spin issue is shaft related and not necessarily my swing.

I found regardless of loft and weight adjustments I made, the only thing that changed a significant amount was launch window. The launch window in a 10.5* head (specifically the M1 440) was perfect for me being around 11.5-12.5*; but the spin was just a bit high (mid-high 2000's) and caused my apex to be a bit higher than I'd prefer. I prefer the apex to be no more than 35y or so, and this was getting up to roughly 122-145ft.

now, that is THE only negative issue I've found regarding this shaft.

the positives are long, and I want to touch base on them.

- The looks: others have mentioned this already but the paint is what I could call 'white candy'; and the varied hues of blue are just simple and clean.

- The feel: the kick when the shaft is loaded properly is apparent, and provides feedback in a different way than I've experienced before; in that the harder you lean on it, the more 'kick' you can feel -- but performance is never sacrificed. if you need to hit with less than full you can. if you need to really lay into it, the shaft will not misbehave -- yes you'll feel the kick however it will not balloon, spin up, or go sideways on you. very very cool.

- The performance: Overall the shaft is quite stable and just wants to go straight. My typical shot has with previous drivers, as with this one, is a predictable 5-15y cut. This shaft does it 9/10 times -- but the one time or so that it does differently -- it goes left, and hard. I don't know if it's the kick or just a poor swing from time to time but, time will tell - I need to get rid of that left shot. I will say this -- it is VERY consistent with launching in the same window; meaning, if I have a 10.5* driver, it's almost a given that it will launch between 12-13*, if I have a 9.5 it will launch between 10-11*. makes for easy fitting in that regard. The dispersion is fantastic both front to back and side to side. The average of my shots were within a std deviation of roughly 7 yards front to back, and 26 yards or so side to side, about 10y right of center (GREAT for my preferred ball flight).

• Like 1

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

First off, I want to thank GolfWRX & Fujikura for picking me to participate in the member testing of the new ATMOS Tour Spec. I can't wait to put this shaft through the paces. I haven't had a chance to hit this shaft yet, the weather in Ohio is a little crazy right now. It's only going to be in the 30's this week with a chance of snow, so it might be a week or so before I can really put it through the paces.

Initial Impression-

I will echo what the others have said, this is a great looking shaft. The laser etching of GolfWRX on the shaft just puts the cool factor over the top for me. It was a nice surprise to see that Fujikura had already installed the adapter, grip, and cut it to the recommended playing length for my driver.

About me and my current gamer--

I am a 3.6 handicap. Driving is the weakest part of my game. A few years back, I got into some very bad habits that really hurt my game, especially off the tee. The last few years, with the help of Monte, I've really improved my driving. I can swing freely now, without the fear of hitting it off the course . My swing speed is around 110 mph with the driver and I have a mid trajectory.

My current gamer is a Titleist 915 D3 with a Fujikura Pro 53K X-flex. The Pro 53K has been a really good shaft for me, it is light and stout without being boardy, a combo I love in a shaft. Before that I had been playing a Fujikura SIX TS for over a year in my driver. Here's a look at my Fujikura shaft's and the Atmos Tour Spec in my driver

Hopefully the weather won't be as bad this week as forecast. I had planned to play a few times before I got any launch monitor data, but I might have to change it up. I will update as soon as possible.

• Like 1

3/10

First off, a big THANK YOU to both Fujikura and GolfWRX for this giveaway. I enter most of the giveaways as a "that would be cool" and don't really think much more of it until the winners are announced, but this is one that I was genuinely hoping to be picked for and I couldn't be more grateful and excited to get this thing in action.

Mine got shipped to the office today. I wanted to leave a little something here before I jump out of town for the weekend. I'll have better pictures, much more information/updates next week.

I got a call saying I had a "tall skinny package" and got very excited.

JJn4XWy.jpg?2

Opened it up to see this beauty:

YowTENT.jpg?1

with this note:

HR2dvkn.jpg?2

Some more pictures (ignore the messy desk and the calendar that I am obviously not using)

AhYHthT.jpg?1

QEJD8wt.jpg?1

Honestly, my favorite part about the looks of the shaft is the GolfWRX etching (and that is saying something because the shaft graphics are gorgeous). The etching exposes black fibers and it looks awesome.

m6XIHzX.jpg?1

As others have mentioned, the white on this shaft is definitely different than traditional white. It is a very pure white, and it looks amazing. I am a big fan of the new ATMOS Tour Spec graphics and I look forward to getting this put into my driver head to start testing out.

Everyone enjoy your weekend.

3/17

The shaft came in last Friday, and I unfortunately left immediately for a long weekend trip out of town. I made it back in and got things settled back down enough to get out and do some testing.

ABOUT ME / CURRENT GAMER

My name is Caleb, I am 28, and I live in far East Texas - about an hour from Louisiana. Right now I play to about an 8 handicap. My overall game has been improving so that should keep coming down through the warmer months. Distance (and driving in particular) has always been one of the strongest assets of my golf game. My current gamer is a 9.5* M1 430 with Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 83X shaft. I have been using this head as my gamer for a season and a half, and the Pro 83 shaft was added a few months ago. I don't have any issues generating enough speed for a heavier driver shaft, and I have always preferred a heavier weight to keep my tempo in check (this is something that I believe started with swinging a heavier bat back when I was playing baseball.) I have had good success with Fujikura shafts, and I am currently playing them in all of my woods/long irons. I also picked up a 2016 M2 in the same loft about the same time I got selected to receive this shaft. I will try not to turn this into an M1 430 vs M2 comparison, but I am testing the shaft in both heads to decide which is the best option. The 430 has been a solid gamer for me - the solid hits are LONG (I have had some of the best drives of my life with this head) but the mis-hits can be ugly. I put both heads on the scale, and the M2 is considerably lighter. I have a replacement weight for it on the way and it may eventually get hot melted. I originally intended to add some weight to the M1 head, but I decided that I was comfortable enough with the feel to not mess with it.

rNGYTzj.jpg?17Ox6vEH.jpg?1

LOOK AND BUILD

As mentioned above, the visual design of these ATMOS Tour Spec shafts is unreal. I have been a big fan ever since the sneak peak pictures of these starting being released on Twitter. The graphics on these have been described as "mitochondria" by robrey - which is surprisingly nowhere near the first time that word has been used in the history of this forum, but it is certainly the first time it has been used to describe the graphics of a shaft. After reading that, the upper graphics do resemble some type of cellular structure. The shaft graphics are detailed but not busy. The outstanding upper graphics combined with the pure white base and the simple branding make this shaft easily one of the most visually appealing that I have ever seen.

C16VUz6UAAAEdQu.jpg

My ATMOS Tour Spec build specs

Shaft: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X

Playing Length: 45'' in M1 head

Tipping: 1"

Grip: Lamkin UTX Mid Blue (the colors of this grip match the shaft graphics perfectly)

I chose the blue because I am a low-spin player to begin with. I have a steep swing, and extreme low-low shafts paired with the super low spin M1 430 head sometimes end up hurting my distance. My current gamer was low-low and it was a good fit, but I wanted to try the mid launch of the ATMOS Tour Spec Blue to see if that would help squeeze out a few yards.

Range Testing

These are the shafts that I brought along for comparison:

fC1Tz8V.jpg?1

I finally got out to the range last night to get this thing into action. I am lucky enough to have a great practice facility about 15 minutes from my house. It has a lighted range with plenty of mat bays as well as a large grass range. I grabbed a large bucket and went straight to the grass range to set up shop.

hxJSvHg.jpg?1

The temperature was 60 degrees with and windy (~10mph sustained winds / ~20mph gusts off my right shoulder - so helping and pushing a bit to the left). I started with a few wedges, 7 irons, 4 irons to get warmed up. I then moved to my current gamer M1 430 and Fuji Pro 83x to get a baseline. I hit probably 10-15 balls with that until I was comfortable with my swing and getting relatively consistent results. My ball flight with this combo is low/penetrating and I typically play a slight draw, but I can play a cut as well. The out/left wind was exaggerating my draw a bit more than usual. I switched over to the ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X at standard loft/lie adapter setting. The shaft looks great at address and pairs very nicely with the white/black crown of the M series heads. I set up just as I was with my current gamer and started taking swings. The first thing that I noticed was the feel of the shaft. The best way I can describe it is the shaft has a stout but lively feel. That may not make sense, so I'll explain further. I had mine tipped 1" and it is already a tip-stiff shaft, but I can still feel the shaft load. It has a smooth feel, but it also feels tight. This gives me the confidence to go after any shot without feeling like I am going to overpower the shaft. The second thing that I noticed was the ball flight. The flight was higher than my Fuji Pro TS 83, but not by an alarming amount - I would say it is on the lower end of the "mid" flight range. As I mentioned before, I went with the blue with the hope that it would raise my flight a bit without adding too much spin. That is exactly what this shaft did. Once I got it dialed in, my shot shape was very similar to my current gamer, but the ball seems to be staying in the air a little longer due to the higher flight. Distance looked great and I hit a few that seems to knuckle and just float out there a long way. I am sure that the strong helping wind played a little part in this, but I was pleased with what I was seeing. With other shafts, my miss is right when I try to go after it too hard and my transition gets out of sync - or left when I get lazy and turn my hands over without moving my lower body quick enough. The right miss is one that I was much more concerned with (the left miss is a laziness/swing issue not a shaft issue). Stability is one of the key factors in me putting a shaft in the bag - and the ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X delivers that without question. I put a few swings on it that were very aggressive with a faster transition than normal, and I did see a slight cut, but I never lost anything right. I mixed in a few shots with the GD AD-MD 8TX (my gamer before the Pro TS 83) but there's not much there worth discussing here other than to say that I like the ATMOS better.

Next, I switched over to the 2016 M2 head to put some swings on that. The lighter weight of that head was very evident, but I was still able to produce some good shots. I like to really be able to feel the head in my swing, and the lighter weight head didn't allow that to happen, so I'll report more back on that when my 10g weight comes in.

After some more tinkering with adapter settings on the ATMOS/M1 430 combo, I finally settled on the standard loft setting at the upright position. That was the closest shot shape to the slight draw I am used to seeing. That adjustment flipped the graphics up so I see them at address and turned the grip logo down which I don't hate either.

Conclusion / Going Forward

I really like the feel and performance of the shaft. The looks are just the icing on top. I feel comfortable enough with this shaft to put it in my bag for my rounds this weekend. I will be playing at my local course (weather permitting) so I will have more thoughts/updates then. When the heavier weight for my M2 head comes in, I will be doing some more head to head testing there to see which head will be my gamer this season (until I decide to move to the 17 M1 440). As far as shaft goes though - all signs are pointing to the Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X being in my bag for the foreseeable future.

k9AvOYM.jpg?1

• Like 2

TaylorMade QI10 9* - Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 8TX

TaylorMade Stealth+ 15* - Fujikura Ventus Red 9TX

NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4i - Fujikura Pro Tour Spec 95X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5 - KBS Tour 130X

Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 6-PW - DG TI X100

Mizuno T22 Raw 50* S, 55* D | TaylorMade Hi Toe 60* - DG TI S400

Scotty Cameron Select Squareback +

Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Review

Build Specs:

Shaft Choice- Atmos Tour Spec Black 7X

Head- Epic SubZero 9* set to 8* / N

Playing Length- 44.75”

Tipping- None

Grip- Tour Velvet Cord .60X***

Swing Weight- D3

***NOTE*** The Atmos Tour Spec shafts have a butt diameter ranging from .605 to .615. So if you happen to be a player who is sensitive to grip size or you're just insane like me you may need to adjust your build to accommodate your preferences. I typically use 2 extra layers of tape when installing a .60X grip on a .600 shaft but with the increase in butt diameter I will only require 1 extra layer of tape.

Previous Build Specs:

Shaft Choice- Graphite Design AD TP 6S

Head- Epic SubZero 9* set to 8* / N

Playing Length- 44.75”

Tipping: 1”

Grip- Tour Velvet Cord .60x w/ 3 Layers

Swing Weight- D3

Initial Thoughts:

Without actually taking any swings with the shaft yet I will say that I am very impressed with the design. I love to tinker and try new products but I’ve always had a bias for a cleaner, less busy looking designs. For example, I always liked the Diamana Series for two reasons. 1. Their performance 2. It wasn’t a distracting product from address. The Fujikura Atmos’s white shaft with black and grey squiggly dots compliment each other well without being a distraction. My only concern is with a lot of white shafts you end up seeing rub marks from grips when your clubs get tangled in the bag.

I’m sure some Wrx’er will question my I went up in flex and weight from my current gamer shaft. My current AD TP 6 Stiff is tipped 1” because my fitter said I could handle either stiff or X but wanted me to lean towards softer when I may not be swinging my best. My swing speed can range anywhere from 105mph to 112mph depending on a multitude of reasons. The other reason I went up in flex and weight is that I'm looking specifically to improve my dispersion. With the higher weight and flex I have the ability to simply butt trip this shaft to accommodate a shorter playing length if I feel I need some added control.

On Course Thoughts:

The on course review took longer to get in than I anticipated. The weather here in Cincinnati really hasn't been cooperating lately. I've taken this shaft out for 2 rounds of 18 and I am very impressed. I'm going to admit that I ordered a shaft that is just a little too stout for me so the performance isn't quite where I want it to be but it is still very good. I have played X flex in my drivers since college with great success but with all the time I spend teaching and working in the shop my playing time has decreased and so has my speed a hair. With that evening said, I really enjoyed the consistency I am getting out of the ATMOS Black. Although it is pretty stout it does provide a lot of feel once I'm loose. My ball flight is a little lower than with my gamer AD TP and so is my spin. Just like on the range the shaft didn't want to go left on me when I really went after one which helps me quite a bit. My distance is a hair shorter than my AD TP simply because I need to spin it just a bit more to keep it in the air and the ground is soaked right now so we aren't getting any roll. Bottom line is I am getting what I wanted out of this shaft. My dispersion has improved and my launch decreased a hair. I think if I were playing a money game tomorrow I would be a little hesitant to put it in play simply because I don't trust my ability to carry a corner bunker with the low spin I'm getting. During the summer when I'm definitely in season this could be an absolute hammer.

Range Review: 3/12/17

So I finally was able to get this shaft outside for about an hour for some testing. I want Wrx’ers to take this part of my review with a grain of salt because it was about 30* and blowing about 15-20mph when I tested the Atmos. The driving range is where I care least on what I see from my clubs. I want them to perform on the course first and then confirm what I see on Trackman later. The driving range is used solely for me to get loose before a round with minor exceptions. I started off by warming up with a couple 7 irons then went to my current gamer with the AD TP. after I got into a little bit of a groove and saw a ball flight I was accustomed to I switched to the ATMOS Black Tour Spec. My initial impression is that this shaft is definitely stout. I struggled feeling where the club head was because I wasn’t feeling the shaft load which lead to a few heel balls which typically isn’t my miss. When I struck the ball well the flight was a hair lower than my AD TP. I noticed that the Atmos Tour Spec did not want to go left on me at all which is nice. Another thing I noticed about the Atmos is the contrast between the white shaft and black head really makes the head seem rather large to me which inspired some confidence. I felt like I had a much better chance hitting the center of the face. I expect to see much better results once I get it on the course since it was pretty cold today and it was tough swinging in a jacket and two extra layers. My first session really wasn’t very informative due to tough conditions and my limited playing history this winter.

***3/14/17 Update***

After two trips to the range I just could not get this sucker to load so I made a mad dash to the Mackepa Club Building Lab and added 4 more grams of head weight to the Epic SZ and shortened the shaft 1/4". After that quick adjustment I think I may have found the answer. I started to feel the shaft kick a little bit and it definitely felt more lively. It's still colder than an Eskimo's ice box outside but I felt fairly loose today so results seem promising. Launch was still lower than my AD TP and still didn't want to go left.

Trackman Review:

TBA

• Like 1

10.5* G430 Max Diamana BF 60

15* G430 Max Diamana Ahina 70

21* Apex UW Diamana Ilima 80
22* (bent 23*) X Forged UT KBS Proto

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Vokey SM9 Raw 50F, 56F, 60T

Toulon La Grange SB w/ KBS CT Tour

Jones Players Series 003

I love coming home to boxes.

Some quick pre-testing info:

Head used for testing: GBB Epic SubZero

Current shaft: Graphite Design AD TP 6s tipped 1" @44.75"

Shaft Chosen for testing: ATMOS Tour Spec Black 7x

***note*** Fujikura had inventory issues on my order so they pulled one from their tour stock that is painted as an ATMOS Black TX 70 but is actually a standard 70x

Also, mine came preinstalled to a playing length close to 45.5" which is stock for the GBB Epic. I've played every driver I've ever owned at 44.75" for at least the last 10 years and my current head has a couple grams of hotmelt to make it D3 at my desired length. I already shortened my ATMOS to my length to get a reasonable swingweight of D2. Originally the ATMOS was almost D7 due to all the hotmelt in my Epic head.

I plan on testing the ATMOS on the course first before getting on trackman. I want to see the ballflight at a playing speed and get an idea for what I feel. On course results are much more important to me than having ideal numbers from a Magic orange box. I use Trackman mostly to confirm what I see on the course and to then make finely tuned adjustments from there.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

First, a sincere thank you to GolfWrx and Fujikura- I plan to put this through its paces starting this weekend. It was delivered today (3/10), and initial impression is this shaft looks bad@$$. It's a different kind of white, almost candy-coating like. Heres my current setup in my 2017 M1 440 10.5*:

That looks great. I'm very curious to know how this performs.

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

First, a sincere thank you to GolfWrx and Fujikura- I plan to put this through its paces starting this weekend. It was delivered today (3/10), and initial impression is this shaft looks bad@$$. It's a different kind of white, almost candy-coating like. Heres my current setup in my 2017 M1 440 10.5*:

If u have any questions along the way, PLEASE ask away.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Okay.. first question.. how could I ever be lucky enough to be chosen for something like this? :) You said ask away...

Titleist TSR4 8*  Ventus Black TR 6x
Titleist TSr3 13.5 Ventus Black TR 7x
Mizuno Pro 221 4-pw Modus 125x
Vokey SM9 52.08F 56.08M 60.04T
Scotty Newport Button Back or
Scotty Select 1/500 Newport Black Mist

Okay.. first question.. how could I ever be lucky enough to be chosen for something like this? :) You said ask away...

Bit of luck, bit of experience around the wrx, i really have no idea.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Honestly, my favorite part about the looks of the shaft is the GolfWRX etching (and that is saying something because the shaft graphics are gorgeous). The etching exposes black fibers and it looks awesome.

I was going to post the same thing. The etching through the paint is awesome. When I first got the shaft I thought it was a sticker but then I looked closer. Very cool.

The person you need to ask this question to is mackepa. He got picked to go on the Callaway trip and to test this shaft, I think I have seen him in some other testing threads too. I think he has some pictures of the WRX guys that run these things. :busted_cop:

So the Fk'n FedEx guy made a delivery to the wrong house again, and the nice guy from a couple streets over brought my box over this morning :)

The crappy part is our temps dropped a little over 30 degrees between last night and today :( but we did some testing anyway.

First things first, Thanks so much to GolfWRX and Fuji for letting me test this bad boy.

Lets open the box!

30xiskh.jpg

4rotb6.jpg

2bb8du.jpg

As the others have said, the GolfWRX etching is super cool and is actually burned through paint and down to the fibers.

2nte1rs.jpg

Shipped with a nice letter from Fuji, capping it off with some Atmos TS swag to follow :)

11h4dy0.jpg

Here is a little comparison of the paint on the Atmos TS to the Motore Speeder TS paint. The Atmos TS has more of a gloss white finish as opposed to the older satin finish. Both are t**** in my opinion ;)

9vfddj.jpg

And, a little Fuji pr0n! I can't lie, I have been a fan of their stuff for awhile now.

2u89obp.jpg

And, this is the competition for this first day of testing. Atmos TS 6 vs. Speeder 757 Evo

2yjpiza.jpg

The Speeder is a standard TM build and it comes in at about an half inch longer than the Atmos build from Fuji.

16gg482.jpg

Both are going to be played in a '16 M2 for the majority of my testing

2s7t285.jpg

So, my neighbor dropped off my shaft, and I said screw it, lets go out to the course. Going out there today had its pluses and minuses. The temps dropped down to 30 degrees, which really sucks, but because of the crappy weather my course covered the greens, which gave me the perfect opportunity to just go out and tee up 6 balls for each variable and chase each one down, nobody else was on the course :). All were measured with a Garmin GPS and balls used were TM TPX.

I decided to try 3 different heads today to see what each one produced. We have had a ton of rain here in central Arkansas, so all distances were pretty accurate carries as each one was only getting a yard or 2 of roll, and some were plugging.

A little about my game. I am a 3.4 capper. Not a super long guy, but in the middle of the summer I get it out there ok. I generally swing driver around 105 mph and get up to 110 on my harder swings. I am a high spin guy and I don't have any trouble getting anything up in the air.

I am sorry for the puny yardages below and will turn in my WRX card later. As I mentioned, It was cold as sh!t and I was double layered up. I promise to do better when it gets warmer. I doubt that I had many swings today that touched 100 mph.

M2 9.5 loft set in standard setting. Best drive with Atmos TS = 253, ---- 757 Evo = 265

SLDR JDM 9.5 loft in the standard setting. Best drive with the Atmos TS = 261 ------ 757 Evo = 249

R1 10* loft in the standard setting. Best drive with the Atmos TS = 256 --------757 Evo = 251

I hit 6 balls with each setup, and I didn't exactly have my best stuff.

I decided to try the M2 with the Atmos for 6 more whacks, this time I set it 1 notch lower, so essentially at 9* loft and my best one of this bunch carried 264 yds.

So, my initial impression is...good for good - distance between the Atmos TS and the Evo are going to be damn close!

Ball flight. Both were damn close in this area as well, I would say that the Atmos is the higher launching of the 2. The Atmos Black is spec'd as a low/low shaft. I would say that if you produce a decent amount of spin, don't be scared that it won't launch high enough. My well struck shots were hitting an apex well above the tree tops.

Here is where they differ. The Evo feels like lumber. Like seriously 2 x 4 lumber. I honestly feel no kick in this shaft. This is not necessarily a bad thing as I don't mind the feel of lumber, it allows me to tell where the clubhead is at through the entire swing. The Atmos TS has a nice pronounced kick that I can feel right in the center of the shaft, yet I can still tell where the clubhead was at. It was a pretty nice feeling. Both shafts for me took whatever I threw at them, with my worst shots coming from the Evo, which ended up being moon shots out to the right. Both shafts are anti left for me, but with the Evo, if I lay off of it a little I have trouble keeping it on the planet, it's going deep right. The Atmos did not punish me in the same way. No big misses left or right.

I think that with a bit warmer temps that the Atmos is going to produce some really stellar drives.

Next up battle is going to be Atmos TS vs. Xphlexxx Agera. The Agera is my gamer in my Fast 12 LS that kicked my 6.2 TS out of the bag, but I have another lying around that has a TM tip on it ;)

The Atmos TS feels super solid, and I could tell right now that I would have no trouble right now bagging this bad boy. It's going to be a great fight with the Agera.

Sorry if some of this seemed scatter brained as I was trying to put it all together :P

Update 16 March

Quick range session this evening. 50 degree weather so I was swinging a little bit looser.

At risk of just sounding like a fanboy that received some free gear from a vendor, I am really starting to like this shaft. So I have been on the fence with my '16 M2 since I picked it up. I have never hit so many friggin balls out of play as I have since I picked this club up. While I have only had it on the course with the Atmos twice, and it was mostly just screwing around and not really playing for score, I have not hit a single ball out of play with this combo yet...not 1!

Range session tonight was a little bit warmer than it has been, so I started swinging a bit harder with it. My miss when I go at something hard is generally a nasty hook. The harder I swung tonight, the straighter this combo went. And this shaft feels AWESOME when it is loaded up properly! Shots where I am damn near sure would have ended up in the trees to the left were just roped with a 5-10 yard cut. Nice piercing ball flight for the first 200 yards and then just flattens out.

I am playing in a goofy golf 1-man scramble this weekend and the Atmos TS is in play!

Update 17 March

Played today, hit ball like IDIOT. Nothing to report!

Update 18 March

Played in a 1 man goofy golf scramble today. Hit the ball like a CHAMP!

Atmos TS was $Money$ today. Pulled driver on 12 holes and was 10/12 for fairways and the ones that I did miss were only 15 yards left of fairway still in play and still managed a birdie on the #1 cap hole, so it was of no consequence...and 10 yards right of fairway and still managed birdie on that hole as well.

Driver was not the club that got me into trouble today, and the Atmos TS was super reliable.

Seriously, the only thing that has kept me from BST'ing my '16 M2 is the Atmos, cuz that club was on the chopping block.

And thanks Fuji for the swag ;)

• Like 1

Awesome! It looks so gorgeous, and then I put it in my M1 head and holy hell was it sexy looking! Not to mention the sickening job Fujikura did with the GOLFWRX etching. It's literally etched into the paint. It's so 1337! Haha.

Those were my initial thoughts about the ATMOS Tour Spec

First and foremost, thanks to Fujikura and WRX for choosing me as a tester because I have been so frustrated with my current driver as well as my fairway woods setup that I have borderline traded them in numerous times. There's a good chance if this shaft proves to improve my ball striking, accuracy and consistency, that I will not only replace my current driver shaft with it but also my fairway woods. You'll know the answer to this question if you see my Handcrafted HZRDUS Black and my two HC HZRDUS Reds on the BST, haha.

Second, let me say that this shaft arrived at the perfect time. I'm playing twice this weekend, one of which is going to be with drewtaylor21 so I am hoping to get his thoughts on how this shaft feels as well. Upon receiving the shaft, I couldn't wait to rip open the box to see the shaft. I thought it was going to be an uncut shaft and we'd have to get everything done to it ourselves but as it turned out Fujikura was awesome enough to spare me an additional $20 by building it for me. At first I was concerned if it was put straight in or if it was tipped and although I'm not overly concerned anymore, I'm still waiting to hear back from Fujikura if it was tipped or not. Based on rumblings in the current ATMOS TS thread, I was concerned if it was tipped because a few people said that the 7X tipped 1" was and I quote, "STTTTTTTIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF" and "STOUT", lol. My mind was just racing thinking all kinds of "Oh no, it's going to be the HZRDUS Black escapade all over again." and to be frank, I was nervous as all hell.

Let me throw in a real quick blurb about my HZRDUS Black escapade. A while ago, I traded a MR Tensei Blue 60x for a Non-HC HZRDUS Black 62g 6.5, untipped. It was probably the best shaft I had used to that point. It felt fantastic, loose enough to feel the flex but stout enough to not feel like a noodle. I loved it. Unfortunately though, at one point, my adapter was rotating and coming off so I took it in to my guy at my local shop who was so slammed that it was going to be two days til he got to it. I told him, I couldn't have that because I had a money match to play that weekend. Well, he offered to trade me the same shaft that he had in a demo bag and without really thinking about the consequences, I agreed. At this time, I did not realize that it was tipped an 1". The two shafts, couldn't have felt and played any more different than they did. It was awful. Eventually, I tried to go back and get the old one but it had disappeared so he gave me a 75g Black with no improvement that turned out to be tipped 1" as well and then I decided to try and buy an untipped Hand Crafted Black. While ole boy said it was untipped, it doesn't feel like it. I'd say my first HZRDUS played like an X, the next two played like XX and this current one is playing like a X.5. I've been tempted numerous times to buy a new shaft but always decided against it after drewtaylor21 convincing me I don't need to yet, lol.

Okay! Now we are up to date! Lunch came around yesterday and I rushed home to put the club together. The first thing I noticed was that Fujikura used a TM TP adapter. (nice!) I believe the difference is that the TP adapter is all metal as opposed to the retail version which is partially plastic. 2017 M1/M2 models may have been switched to all metal adapters, but not sure.

Anyway, I measured the swingweight and it was at D6, heavy. I was going to hit it as is but I knew I wouldn't have liked it so I said screw it, I'm just going to cut the grip off, preserving the grip tape, cut the shaft down roughly 0.75" and the use my air compressor to blow a new midsize Lamkin UTX grip on. That ended up working out because I measured the swingweight again and it was a perfect D2, golden! For comparisons sake of this shaft to my current one and no other reason other than to use my new swing weight/total weight scale I just recently bought, I measured the total grams and length of each shaft. My HZRDUS Black was 141g measuring just under 43 5/8 while the pre-cut ATMOS TS was 140g measuring 44 1/4. Post cut and grip change, it weighed 137g and measured about 43 3/4. From here, I decided I was ready to take it out to the backyard and throw down some swings.

On a side note; I'm not real sure why the ATMOS TS is lighter with the same grip and adapter yet a little longer. The uncut weight on the website shows as 69g and the uncut weight of a HZRDUS Black is 62g. I'm thinking that maybe the ATMOS TS is tipped an inch and the tip is a hefty part of the shaft, but I'm really not sure. I am only speculating.

Other than swinging the new build in the air, I didn't have time for a warm up but my first swing, I immediately knew I liked it. It felt so much smoother than the HZRDUS and I could feel that it wanted to just whip through impact. It was the feeling I have been looking for. The feeling of the shaft slightly flexing, properly being loaded and a powerful whip through impact. ATMOS TS felt very responsive and alive as opposed to that dead feeling I have with the HZRDUS, not to mention, looking down at white, mentally, gives me a better picture than looking down at not only black, but matte black, haha. It sounds stupid, I know. It's also really clear to me that the kick point or bend point is towards the handle, it's just a night and day feeling compared to the HZRDUS. I can't remember what the profile is for the ATMOS TS but it feels pretty damn good! It feels so much better than the HZRDUS. I took a total of about 8 or so swing with the ATMOS TS, with every swing feeling like I was swinging hard but didn't need to over swing like I feel like anytime I hold the HZRDUS. I went back to the garage and swapped shafts from the ATMOS TS to the HZRDUS then back out to the backyard and man, there was legit, no need to compare anymore. The HZRDUS made me feel like I had to swing out of my shoes after swinging the ATMOS TS, not to mention it felt so dull and unresponsive.

So as it stands right now, I'm loving this shaft and can't wait to put it in play this weekend. I'm going try and get to the range tonight to see some ball flight characteristics and I will report back.

It also looks like drewtaylor21 might be able to bring his FS to the range when we play on Sunday so hopefully we can get some data to share and include some of my numbers and his numbers.

Here's the final look of what I installed. (It looks so much better with a black grip, lol. )

• Like 1

The person you need to ask this question to is mackepa. He got picked to go on the Callaway trip and to test this shaft, I think I have seen him in some other testing threads too. I think he has some pictures of the WRX guys that run these things. :busted_cop:

I've been extremely fortunate to be picked for the Callaway Trip and the Fujikura shaft testing. I certainly don't know the exact way they go about picking winners but I know they don't go by post volume. Im under the impression that they look for guys that have a history of avoiding controversy and just being a positive contributor to the site. I've been on Golfwrx for almost 10 years now and I've seen some really good guys on here that are happy to help others and provide unbiased insight. I'd start there.

It also doesn't hurt if you've got some pictures of Hipcheck ;)

***The previous sentence was obviously a joke and I do not condone blackmailing the moderators***

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Awesome! It looks so gorgeous, and then I put it in my M1 head and holy hell was it sexy looking! Not to mention the sickening job Fujikura did with the GOLFWRX etching. It's literally etched into the paint. It's so 1337! Haha.

Those were my initial thoughts about the ATMOS Tour Spec

First and foremost, thanks to Fujikura and WRX for choosing me as a tester because I have been so frustrated with my current driver as well as my fairway woods setup that I have borderline traded them in numerous times. There's a good chance if this shaft proves to improve my ball striking, accuracy and consistency, that I will not only replace my current driver shaft with it but also my fairway woods. You'll know the answer to this question if you see my Handcrafted HZRDUS Black and my two HC HZRDUS Reds on the BST, haha.

Second, let me say that this shaft arrived at the perfect time. I'm playing twice this weekend, one of which is going to be with drewtaylor21 so I am hoping to get his thoughts on how this shaft feels as well. Upon receiving the shaft, I couldn't wait to rip open the box to see the shaft. I thought it was going to be an uncut shaft and we'd have to get everything done to it ourselves but as it turned out Fujikura was awesome enough to spare me an additional $20 by building it for me. At first I was concerned if it was put straight in or if it was tipped and although I'm not overly concerned anymore, I'm still waiting to hear back from Fujikura if it was tipped or not. Based on rumblings in the current ATMOS TS thread, I was concerned if it was tipped because a few people said that the 7X tipped 1" was and I quote, "STTTTTTTIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFF" and "STOUT", lol. My mind was just racing thinking all kinds of "Oh no, it's going to be the HZRDUS Black escapade all over again." and to be frank, I was nervous as all hell.

Let me throw in a real quick blurb about my HZRDUS Black escapade. A while ago, I traded a MR Tensei Blue 60x for a Non-HC HZRDUS Black 62g 6.5, untipped. It was probably the best shaft I had used to that point. It felt fantastic, loose enough to feel the flex but stout enough to not feel like a noodle. I loved it. Unfortunately though, at one point, my adapter was rotating and coming off so I took it in to my guy at my local shop who was so slammed that it was going to be two days til he got to it. I told him, I couldn't have that because I had a money match to play that weekend. Well, he offered to trade me the same shaft that he had in a demo bag and without really thinking about the consequences, I agreed. At this time, I did not realize that it was tipped an 1". The two shafts, couldn't have felt and played any more different than they did. It was awful. Eventually, I tried to go back and get the old one but it had disappeared so he gave me a 75g Black with no improvement that turned out to be tipped 1" as well and then I decided to try and buy an untipped Hand Crafted Black. While ole boy said it was untipped, it doesn't feel like it. I'd say my first HZRDUS played like an X, the next two played like XX and this current one is playing like a X.5. I've been tempted numerous times to buy a new shaft but always decided against it after drewtaylor21 convincing me I don't need to yet, lol.

Okay! Now we are up to date! Lunch came around yesterday and I rushed home to put the club together. The first thing I noticed was that Fujikura used a TM TP adapter. (nice!) I believe the difference is that the TP adapter is all metal as opposed to the retail version which is partially plastic. 2017 M1/M2 models may have been switched to all metal adapters, but not sure.

Anyway, I measured the swingweight and it was at D6, heavy. I was going to hit it as is but I knew I wouldn't have liked it so I said screw it, I'm just going to cut the grip off, preserving the grip tape, cut the shaft down roughly 0.75" and the use my air compressor to blow a new midsize Lamkin UTX grip on. That ended up working out because I measured the swingweight again and it was a perfect D2, golden! For comparisons sake of this shaft to my current one and no other reason other than to use my new swing weight/total weight scale I just recently bought, I measured the total grams and length of each shaft. My HZRDUS Black was 141g measuring just under 43 5/8 while the pre-cut ATMOS TS was 140g measuring 44 1/4. Post cut and grip change, it weighed 137g and measured about 43 3/4. From here, I decided I was ready to take it out to the backyard and throw down some swings.

On a side note; I'm not real sure why the ATMOS TS is lighter with the same grip and adapter yet a little longer. The uncut weight on the website shows as 69g and the uncut weight of a HZRDUS Black is 62g. I'm thinking that maybe the ATMOS TS is tipped an inch and the tip is a hefty part of the shaft, but I'm really not sure. I am only speculating.

Other than swinging the new build in the air, I didn't have time for a warm up but my first swing, I immediately knew I liked it. It felt so much smoother than the HZRDUS and I could feel that it wanted to just whip through impact. It was the feeling I have been looking for. The feeling of the shaft slightly flexing, properly being loaded and a powerful whip through impact. ATMOS TS felt very responsive and alive as opposed to that dead feeling I have with the HZRDUS, not to mention, looking down at white, mentally, gives me a better picture than looking down at not only black, but matte black, haha. It sounds stupid, I know. It's also really clear to me that the kick point or bend point is towards the handle, it's just a night and day feeling compared to the HZRDUS. I can't remember what the profile is for the ATMOS TS but it feels pretty damn good! It feels so much better than the HZRDUS. I took a total of about 8 or so swing with the ATMOS TS, with every swing feeling like I was swinging hard but didn't need to over swing like I feel like anytime I hold the HZRDUS. I went back to the garage and swapped shafts from the ATMOS TS to the HZRDUS then back out to the backyard and man, there was legit, no need to compare anymore. The HZRDUS made me feel like I had to swing out of my shoes after swinging the ATMOS TS, not to mention it felt so dull and unresponsive.

So as it stands right now, I'm loving this shaft and can't wait to put it in play this weekend. I'm going try and get to the range tonight to see some ball flight characteristics and I will report back.

It also looks like drewtaylor21 might be able to bring his FS to the range when we play on Sunday so hopefully we can get some data to share and include some of my numbers and his numbers.

Here's the final look of what I installed. (It looks so much better with a black grip, lol. )

Mine also came out a little heavy and I've shortened it a hair and landed right on D2

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

I've been extremely fortunate to be picked for the Callaway Trip and the Fujikura shaft testing. I certainly don't know the exact way they go about picking winners but I know they don't go by post volume. Im under the impression that they look for guys that have a history of avoiding controversy and just being a positive contributor to the site. I've been on Golfwrx for almost 10 years now and I've seen some really good guys on here that are happy to help others and provide unbiased insight. I'd start there.

***The previous sentence was obviously a joke and I do not condone blackmailing the moderators***

Wow.. good for you man, lol! So what did you get fit for at CallaWRX? I can see why they would pick you, after a full bag fitting at ECPC should be an interesting baseline to compare the new Atmos. Assuming the driver you were fit for was a good fit and you still are liking it on the course. :good:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Wow.. good for you man, lol! So what did you get fit for at CallaWRX? I can see why they would pick you, after a full bag fitting at ECPC should be an interesting baseline to compare the new Atmos. Assuming the driver you were fit for was a good fit and you still are liking it on the course. :good:

At Callaway I was fit for an Epic SubZero 9* set at 8* / N with an AD TP 6s tipped 1" at 44.75" and right on a D3 swing weight. The contender is a Fujikura ATMOS Black 7x Black at 44.75" that swingweights at D2. So I've got the playing lengths exactly the same and the difference in swing weight probably won't be noticeable to me. The difference in flex was done because I'm honestly a little faster than I was while at the ECPC and my fitter said I could go either Stiff or X but wanted me to go a hair soft and tip it more to maintain feel.

The ATMOS is really intriguing with the rumors of increases in ballspeed. It's hard to imagine gaining even more than what I've already gained this offseason but I certainly won't be upset if I see it. I really like the appearance of the ATMOS. The white shaft blends really well with the gloss black of the Epic head.

• Like 1

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

At Callaway I was fit for an Epic SubZero 9* set at 8* / N with an AD TP 6s tipped 1" at 44.75" and right on a D3 swing weight. The contender is a Fujikura ATMOS Black 7x Black at 44.75" that swingweights at D2. So I've got the playing lengths exactly the same and the difference in swing weight probably won't be noticeable to me. The difference in flex was done because I'm honestly a little faster than I was while at the ECPC and my fitter said I could go either Stiff or X but wanted me to go a hair soft and tip it more to maintain feel.

The ATMOS is really intriguing with the rumors of increases in ballspeed. It's hard to imagine gaining even more than what I've already gained this offseason but I certainly won't be upset if I see it. I really like the appearance of the ATMOS. The white shaft blends really well with the gloss black of the Epic head.

Definitely interested now as I'm playing the TP from the GBB I got fit at ECPC. I have already hit the 7TX but tipped 1" it's a beast. It definitely wasn't shorter than the TP in the same head, but didn't hit it a ton on the course. The person picking up the MPH (among others) was Billy Horschel, but heard there are many others with similar results in ball speed. If a shaft can do this, it could be a game changer, essentially bringing my GBB up into Epic BS territory w/o having to but the Epic.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Thanks to WRX and Fujikura for allowing myself and others to partake in this review. It’s a blast to be a part of these things.

I am going to use a similar format I have used in a past review, as I think it was decently well received. Also my post is quite long, and think it just helps to know what content is in the review and where it is located ahead of time to expedite the process a bit for the reader should they not want to weed through the entire post.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

1. Personal Introduction

2. Gamer (HZRDUS Black 75 6.5) Overview

3. Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7X Review

· Looks

· Feel

· Flight

4. Launch Monitor Results *Hope to provide the week of 3/20*

· Plan is to compare: HZRDUS Black, Motore Speeder VC 7.2 TS, Full Line of ATMOS TS

5. Final Thoughts

1. PERSONAL INTRODUCTION:

Former baseball player, and have been playing golf for about 3.5 years or so now. I’ve been hovering around a 2-3 handicap for the last 6-8 months, and I am working hard to shave the last few strokes off my game to get to a 0.

Driving is definitely the next step in my quest for scratch, though I have seen a significant improvement since moving to the M1 440 early this year. My playing swing speed stays around 117-118. I have an average back swing tempo/length with a late wrist set, and my transition is mildly aggressive. I’ve committed to playing a cut since moving to the M1 440, and have been working to zero in on a repeatable flight and move.

I have selected the Blue 7X because I already have two very Low Launch/Low Spin shafts, and since moving to the 440 the need for reduced spin and launch is almost completely eliminated, in fact I was hoping this shaft may increase my spin just a hair.

2. GAMER – 2017 M1 440 8.5° + PROJECT X HZRDUS BLACK 75 6.5 (TIPPED 1”):

For those who don’t already know the ’17 M1 440 is quite low spinning – When selecting a shaft I did not know that the club head would be so sufficient at killing spin, and I opted to go with the HZRDUS Black 75.

The best way I can describe this combination (for my swing anyways) is like a modern day SLDR – Balls struck perfectly with the optimal launch angle are nuclear, and get tremendous amounts of both carry and roll. However, it seems to really highlight my misses, as there is just zero spin on some of the balls, which can be detrimental in a number of ways.

While the shaft does exactly what it was designed to do, in my opinion it severely lacks feel. I have hit and gamed; Oban Kiyoshi Black, Motore Speeder VC 7.2 TS, and a number of the Diamana White Board series shafts, and to me the HZRDUS Black is the boardiest of them all. Though, I chose to stick with it for a while because it was incredibly stable and has really assisted in eliminating the left, which has been my nemesis for the last year and a half.

3. FUJIKURA ATMOS TOUR SPEC BLUE 7X REVIEW:

- LOOKS

As others have said this is a really beautiful shaft as far as graphics, finish, and design are concerned. I personally really loved the flat pearl white finish the Motore Speeder VC 7.2 TS had, but the high gloss white finish of the ATMOS is really clean looking. I will say I’d like to see how it holds up over time going in and out of the bag.

I love simple graphics, I can’t stand busy design on golf clubs, shafts, grips, etc. Fujikura hit the nail on the head with the graphics on this one if you ask me – They went back to their fool proof color coded launch system with a little modern flair.

- FEEL

I feel like the words “smooth” and “stable” are severely overused on this site when referring to any and all shafts, so I will do my best to refrain from falling into that trap. That being said, this shaft just feels so damn good to hit - I wanted to just keep teeing up ball after ball at the range because it was so much fun to swing.

My first few swings with it I immediately knew I made the right decision in going with the Blue. At last I had a shaft that had some feel to it. It has a very noticeable and distinct load at the top of the swing, not the floppy loose rubber band feeling that other Mid/Mid shafts may have. The best way I can describe the feeling of the load is that it is sturdy. You can feel it engage and you know you’ve loaded it, but it’s got some heft to it if that makes any sense at all.

Once you’ve loaded up you’re ready to rock and fire - Again there is a really distinct feeling at impact. In the past I’ve experience too much of a “kick” from Mid/Mid shafts; Accra, Diamana, Aldila to name a few. These shafts all felt a little loose and soggy to me and seemed to require excellent timing to get the desired ball flight. The ATMOS Blue most certainly has a kick, as I suspect this is the reason some of the PGA Tour fellas have seen some increased ball speeds. However, the kick is by no means loose and wild, in fact it feels EXPLOSIVE and the ball flight certainly shows this.

In attempt to summarize the feel while refraining from using the aforementioned “smooth” and “stable”, this shaft is like a world class athlete – It has finesse and agility while somehow remaining explosive and powerful... Dare I say the Lebron James of golf shafts?

- FLIGHT

I have tried a few Mid/Mid shafts over the years and have since strayed away from them as I always seem to hit the ball way too high with them. A number of them have felt quite nice, but I got sick and tired of walking up to my ball in the fairways and seeing my pitch mark and ball within 8 inches of one another. Basis this I would be lying if I said I wasn’t nervous this shaft would result in much of the same, but figured what the heck since I already have two very capable Low/Low shafts.

After 18 holes, and countless range balls this shaft is by no means in the same category of flight and launch as other Mid/Mid shafts. If this is considered a Mid launch it is without question on the lowest end of that spectrum. I would say it is in the realm of the Aldila Tour Green, MRC Kuro Kage XT, and Tour AD-BB in my experience with these shafts – I understand others may have differing opinions on these and other shafts, so please keep in mind I am only speaking from my own experience.

The point I am trying to drive home here is the flight is much, much more boring and penetrating than I have seen from other shafts advertised as Mid/Mid. It is akin to some of the lower launch offerings on the market. That being said the feel of the shaft seems to offer a level of forgiveness over the HZRDUS Black due to the fact you don’t need but a fraction of the effort to load the shaft.

Though, one of the reasons I enjoyed the HZRDUS Black was in fact because it was so stout. This made it quite difficult to get the ball moving left. Something I was really surprised with from the ATMOS Blue was how similar it preformed in that regard – My ball flight was actually quite straight with a bit of cut, and I haven’t yet experienced any of the tee shots start leaking left. Due to this my dispersion improved immediately as I was able to maintain a controlled approach and swing, rather than having to work to get the shaft locked in on every swing. At the same time the ball was still holding a straight to slightly left to right flight rather than the much scarier right to left.

4. LAUNCH MONITOR RESULTS:

*Hope to provide the week of 3/20*

Hoping to be able to provide results from the Fujikura facility (below), and include the full array of ATMOS offerings, as well as a couple others.

5. FINAL THOUGHTS:

To keep it short and sweet, the shaft is in the bag and my bag is set for the remainder of the year.

Also I would like to add the shaft was built to 45.25” with no tipping - I have always played my driver to 44” or 44.25”. As a result of playing a shorter driver I have a decent amount of hotmelt in the head to get the swing weight to D4. Thus when I popped in the 45.25” shaft it really pumped up the swing weight. Nevertheless, I wanted to test the shaft out in its totality before chopping it up, and also to provide a review for those who may not play their shafts to the length and tipping that I do.

Since doing the review I have tipped the shaft 1” and it is now playing 44.25” and is playing just a hair over D4. It is absolutely perfect - Shaft has maintained the feel I described above but it has been tightened up just a hair, which suits my personal feel preference to a tee. The tipping might have lowered the trajectory just a hair, I would need to see LM data to know for sure as it was nearly impossible to tell with the naked eye. The flight is exactly what I was hoping for when selecting a Mid launch shaft to pair with the ’17 M1 440 head, and I couldn’t be happier with the product Fujikura has provided me and others.

• Like 1

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

Definitely interested now as I'm playing the TP from the GBB I got fit at ECPC. I have already hit the 7TX but tipped 1" it's a beast. It definitely wasn't shorter than the TP in the same head, but didn't hit it a ton on the course. The person picking up the MPH (among others) was Billy Horschel, but heard there are many others with similar results in ball speed. If a shaft can do this, it could be a game changer, essentially bringing my GBB up into Epic BS territory w/o having to but the Epic.

I had a chance to visit with Fujikura in person today (super cool, will share more later), and they shared an identical story with me.

After testing the Blue for a brief range session today I can see how some folks may grab a few more MPH as there is definitely a nice kick to it, but for me what makes it unique is it seems to be able to still remain crazy stable. For the most part shafts I've used in the past that have pronounced kick go left and they go left in a hurry, thus I have never really gamed one in my driver. I am not exaggerating or lying when I tell you I didn't have one ball go left on me today, granted it is one session, but it was a pretty sweet first impression I must admit.

Looking forward to gathering some numbers against other shafts, as well as hopefully comparing the entire line of ATMOS.

Edit: Meant to add Fuji rep shared that when the tour player saw the MPH increase he was actually testing shafts from two of the other major players in the shaft industry and all the reps around him saw the numbers spike when he started using the ATMOS. Needless to say Fujikura was pleased with the results during that testing.

TaylorMade Stealth 7.25º | Fujikura Ventus Black 6X
TaylorMade SIM2 13.5º | Diamana Thump 75X
Cobra F6 Baffler 17.5º | Diamana Thump 85X
Titleist T100s | Dynamic Gold X7
TaylorMade MG3 50º, 55º, 60º Hi Toe  | Dynamic Gold X7
PXG One & Done | Armlock

Is everyones shafts coming via FedEx? I don't think they deliver on Saturdays if I recall. Shipping companies messing with my emotions :P

Yes, mine came from Fedex

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Update#1

Hey gents! I made it out to the range last night to hit the ATMOS Tour Spec and here are my thoughts from last nights range session:

My current driver setup is an 16' M1 460 9.5° (turned down two notches to 8°) w/ a HZRDUS Black 6.5 62g and it plays to 44.5/44.7 @ D1 SW. For my shaft pick I opted to go with the ATMOS TS Black so I could compare a low/low shaft to another low/low shaft.

To start out the night after warming up, I put my gamer shaft in play so I could compare the differences with both shafts with the current status of my swing. Let me just tell you that it was so much easier to put a good swing with the ATMOS TS. It really is an unbelievable shaft. I feel like it even makes a different sound when it just whips through the air as you swing it but that's probably just excitement, lol. Anyway, taking a few swings with my gamer, my ball flight was a little lower than I'm used to seeing (swing changes) so upon switching over to the ATMOS TS when I noticed a similar ball flight I cranked up the loft another notch to 8.75° and the ball flight looked so much better, I'm curious what the spin numbers will look like. Most of my good swings were slow rising penetrating mid/mid high flight. It was an awesome looking flight. I continued to hit balls with the ATMOS TS and was hitting some decent draws with a couple unintentional fades. The really good news is on my misses, I noticed most were what I consider to be playable misses. Nothing was really going extreme right or extreme left and with me always trying to take out the right side of the course, my misses are usually low spin hooks. I was really excited to not see any of those like I normally do with my gamer. I have to say, to reiterate on my OP, this shaft just feels so smooth and responsive. It talks to me when it rips through the ball at impact and you know when you don't put a good swing on it. With my HZRDUS, I always felt like I put a similar swing (clearly not) on it with different results because I was receiving no feedback from the shaft.

I also cannot get over how sexy this shaft looks, I mean, the candy white coupled with the mitochondria looking graphics closer to the handle and my favorite part is the watermark "ATMOS" behind the foreground "ATMOS" ! It's such an awesome look. (refer to my OP to see this) Add this to the top sole of the M1 and wow, you have a really sexy and gorgeous looking piece of equipment.

I'm about to head out to play Angel Park Palm Course in Summerlin so I will update on how it goes later today.

Just when I thought spring was here we end up getting hit with a week of winter temperatures. I'll be changing my plans a bit and getting her on trackman first.

Apex   MB 5-PW $-Taper 

Jones Players Series 003

Did robrey really just use mitochondria in a test review...?

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Placeholder

I am out of town this weekend and can't post any reviews

But I do want to say thank you, again, to Fujikura Golf and GolfWRX for the opportunity to test the latest shaft offering.

THANK YOU!

UPDATE 03/12/17: Pictures after finally getting to pick up from the shop. I have mine installed in a Nike Vapor Flex 440 as this driver has been in the bag for "some time." I have a love/hate relationship with this driver, but after I've pitted it against a '16 M2 with Speeder Evo 6x and long time favorite SLDR with Kaili 70x, I realized I could live with my misses with the Flex440.

I just picked up the shaft as my family and I were busy and away this weekend. The shaft arrived uncut and uninstalled as Eric (from Fujikura) explained they didn't have the Flex Loft adapters for Nike; understandably so since Nike's out of the equipment business. So I took care of the installation part, with recommendation from Fujikura of zero tipping and butt trim to length.

I gotta give a shout out to Gerry from PGA Tour Superstore from Irvine who always does a phenomenal job on all club repair needs. I asked him to cut and install the shaft to the same exact length of the Diamana and he did it to perfection. Here are some pics (as if there aren't enough from the other testers already) to show my set up. Like all Fujikura shafts the came before, I think the shaft looks fantastic. I love how mine ended up looking!

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

I feel honored and excited to have been chose to participate in this testing thread. My shaft came yesterday, and of course it is going to be in the 30's all week here in Indianapolis. I am going to see if I can go to True Clubs in Carmel and get some numbers comparing the Atmos Black 6S to the HZRDUS Black in my new Epic driver.

Little information about me: I am currently a 6 handicap, I try way too many shafts and drivers than I should, I typically carry my driver anywhere from 250-265 yards depending on the contact. My big miss is a high block left (I am a lefty), which I think comes from standing up at impact and losing my spine angle. My miss is typically off the heel, which bumps my spin up from 2400 rpms to 3000rpms. I can play both stiff and x stiff shafts, depending on the bend profile. I just started playing the Epic in January after extensive testing between it and the SZ. I just got back from a meeting, and managed to squeeze 2 rounds in while in Las Vegas. I am liking the Epic, and really feel that it has improved my dispersion on mishits.

Current driver: Epic set at 9 degrees. Head was hot melted by Callaway and weighs 200 grams without the adapter. Driver length 44.5 inches and SW is D3. I typically hit this driver somewhat high, so I went with the HZRDUS Black to lower the launch angle. Also chose the Atmos Black for this same reason. I will post numbers as soon as I can. I am scheduled to go on a special golf trip later this week, and will take the shaft with me, to see how it performs on the course as well.

LEFT HANDED

Titleist TSR3 with Metaflex 5H shaft (currently testing the Proxima 6 stiff shaft)
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft