Longneck putter pictures

lumbee1977

A Cleveland long neck and my Jeremy Rich RT-1 long neck!!

454f68d666de064a0950876d3bafde61.jpga8b24920ee7c84d3174e04d7dca04711.jpg

My 1 of 1 hand softened KP2 with Tom Slighter welded long neck.

Looks great! Probably my favorite Kingston that I've see so far.

Even better than mine?! LOL

Both are very nice, still might give the edge to the other.

I did not even know a buttonback long neck with snow existed

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

My Franken-method B2-05

Wow that's pretty awesome. What is that insert?

I bought a billet blank of Damascus steel and cut the insert out myself, still have some material left. Plan was to cut a few more to sell.

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

My Franken-method B2-05

I bought a billet blank of Damascus steel and cut the insert out myself, still have some material left. Plan was to cut a few more to sell.

where does one buy a billet of Damascus?????

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

My Franken-method B2-05

where does one buy a billet of Damascus?????

Most Damascus is used in knife making, and you can find some on eBay

TM 2016 M2 12*(-2 setting) - OG Grafalloy Blue X, 43.5"

TEE XCG7 16.5* 4w, OG Grafalloy Blue S, 41.75"

Wilson D9 18* 4i, KBS Max-R, 39.5”

Cobra King OS 4-G, TT XP95 R300, -.5
Mack Daddy CB 56.14(2* weak)  60.12(3*  weak)

Edel Brick

• 1 month later...

16ac37ee31b56a2147ac1e8e2fd96f49.jpg35543d2d292c858f7af9b702169e1058.jpg67fb3e5a143e21f22a3209eeaf2d2f4a.jpg43795f36db5c468c036f5087a885ab11.jpg

I have been told there are as few as 12 of these made. It has hand stamped initials and sight lines. I have been told by a well known Cameron guru, that it is legit and probably used on Tour and to send it in, so I'm sending it in for Authentication, wish me luck. I will now sweep my floors, I swear it doesn't look like in normal light, hahaha

Driver- TC Epic 440 with Hzrdus T1100<br />3-Wood- 13 Degree Ping stretch with Ping Tour 75x<br />Hybrid- 915 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85<br />Irons- ( 4-PW ) JPX 900 Forged with 110s Steelfibers - Wedges- Sm6 Vokey 48 bent 2 degrees strong - sm6 vokey raw 56 bent to 55 , 58 Raw Low Bounce K grind ( 110 Steelfibers in all wedges same length shafts )<br />Putter- Scotty Cameron Laguna 1.5 Studio Torch Finish that I did...

Here is my Scotty Cameron NP2 GSS Longneck

Only if I had 10 grand.. Amazing

• 1 month later...

f78922b6ac929654fc83429e633719f3.jpg

18bf704586d7b5f280c0310ea5742a6b.jpg

0595209d7cb96e97f2a1b78095dff530.jpgaf287f0b804e6fb3ad7f14a76c6a5ac9.jpg

1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

• 1 month later...

Here are my Nike Origin B2-05's. Have the matching B1-05's as well.

1dfed80b850568fa95d0fb46cdb20b47.jpg

cdb6a48025ad5aeef78b0452db672d9d.jpg

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash Sub-Zero Triple Diamond - Aldila DVS 70S
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Project X Evenflow Blue 75
Callaway Steelhead XR 7 Wood Tensei Blue 65
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW Irons
Nike Engage 50, 56, & 60 Wedges
Nike Origin B2-05 Putter

• 3 months later...

I just got this CLN back from the putter spa, they did a great job, the darkness in face pic is just shadow, really nice finish

Curious, what grips are you guys using on your longnecks? I've currently got an old Odyssey grip, smooth rubber, and it has almost the exact shape of the Cameron Pistolero but it is more the size of a Pingman, have never seen one like it and I really like the feel of it? How about the rest of you?

• 7 months later...

Quick picture of my Method Matter B2-05 on it's way back from BOS. Can't wait to get it in hand. Going to re-install the original insert for now.

Callaway Epic Flash Sub-Zero Triple Diamond - Aldila DVS 70S
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood - Project X Evenflow Blue 75
Callaway Steelhead XR 7 Wood Tensei Blue 65
Nike Covert Forged 4-PW Irons
Nike Engage 50, 56, & 60 Wedges
Nike Origin B2-05 Putter

I just got this CLN back from the putter spa, they did a great job, the darkness in face pic is just shadow, really nice finish

Curious, what grips are you guys using on your longnecks? I've currently got an old Odyssey grip, smooth rubber, and it has almost the exact shape of the Cameron Pistolero but it is more the size of a Pingman, have never seen one like it and I really like the feel of it? How about the rest of you?

I've been kicking around getting a CLN. Have you ever putted with a TEI3 long neck? I have a couple of those so just curious how it would compare.

As for grip, I actually put a big, ugly superstroke 3.0 slim lite on one and actually love it. On my other, it's the original titleist grip (unsure of grip name). The original is so tiny and such hard rubber I'm thinking about changing it. Generally I'm not a fan of skinny grips. The scotty custom shop has been the only one I've really enjoyed.

Here's my two long neck putters. I got the newport 2 in terrible condition and fell in love with it. Had someone sandblast it and honestly I love the rough gray look, so haven't bothered considered getting it painted. It's beat out a lot of putters to be my gamer.

I got the newport recently to compare to the newport 2. Loved the idea of a simple custom alignment aid with a basic piece of tape for that one.

• Like 1

I've been kicking around getting a CLN. Have you ever putted with a TEI3 long neck? I have a couple of those so just curious how it would compare.

As for grip, I actually put a big, ugly superstroke 3.0 slim lite on one and actually love it. On my other, it's the original titleist grip (unsure of grip name). The original is so tiny and such hard rubber I'm thinking about changing it. Generally I'm not a fan of skinny grips. The scotty custom shop has been the only one I've really enjoyed.

I've had both and really enjoyed them. I sold them as I attempt to be faithful to only one (we will see how long that lasts!) the Tei3 definitely had a softer feel, not dead but softer off the face. The CLN was a bit firmer, slight click since it is a nickel plating over the carbon steel. The stock headweight should be similar between the two, the CLN might be a hair heavier. The only downside some see in the CLN is the stock finish is very shiny, almost mirror shine. I never had a problem with it but some said the glare could be an issue. Like I said, I loved them both. I wouldn't be suprised if I ended up with one or both of them again in the future.

For grip, I have been back and forth with SS and the like but I always come back the a black Baby T. One of my favorite all time grips.

I've had both and really enjoyed them. I sold them as I attempt to be faithful to only one (we will see how long that lasts!) the Tei3 definitely had a softer feel, not dead but softer off the face. The CLN was a bit firmer, slight click since it is a nickel plating over the carbon steel. The stock headweight should be similar between the two, the CLN might be a hair heavier. The only downside some see in the CLN is the stock finish is very shiny, almost mirror shine. I never had a problem with it but some said the glare could be an issue. Like I said, I loved them both. I wouldn't be suprised if I ended up with one or both of them again in the future.

For grip, I have been back and forth with SS and the like but I always come back the a black Baby T. One of my favorite all time grips.

Thanks for the detailed comparison. Sounds like I have the one I'd prefer. The black is so shiny in the sun, it's almost distracting so I'd struggle with the mirror-like finish.

Where's the best place to get your hands on the baby T grip? I've heard a lot of scotty grips on ebay are knockoffs so I'm always hesitant to go that route.

Thanks for the detailed comparison. Sounds like I have the one I'd prefer. The black is so shiny in the sun, it's almost distracting so I'd struggle with the mirror-like finish.

Where's the best place to get your hands on the baby T grip? I've heard a lot of scotty grips on ebay are knockoffs so I'm always hesitant to go that route.

I don't *believe* I have ever been burned on ebay, most of the Matador grips you see are fake but I don't think I have gotten a fake baby T. Just have to make sure it's a trusted seller. Other than that, I look for putters that have them installed already. It's a big selling point for me if I can pull the grip and reuse it. The other one I have is on a Button Back that I sent to the custom shop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...