McIlroy's Hypocricy

Sean2

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

UAE gets a pass. They aren't white men. And unless you are boycotting white men, it's not on the SJW radar... :rolleyes:

Nail meet head !!! Absolutely correct stage ! Absolutely ! Only select groups are allowed to be demonized !

All groups are demonized by someone, i think it just comes down to the media we choose to consume.

What i always find interesting (and great, of course) is that in my travels through North America for work, from liberal states to conservative ones, is that when people talk to each they tend to get along fine. Internet blogs and media sometimes i feel make it seem like we all hate each other but i haven't experienced that in real life yet

Just recently i was on a work trip talking to some longtime colleagues at one of our partners, republican dudes, and of course me coming from one of the most leftist parts of North America....we talked politics and the media over drinks...a lot of jokes were made. Good times had, even acknowledging different viewpoints on certain things

Sometimes i think if we relied on our daily interactions more than the increasingly "alt" left and right media sources, we'd all be happier

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

UAE gets a pass. They aren't white men. And unless you are boycotting white men, it's not on the SJW radar... :rolleyes:

Nail meet head !!! Absolutely correct stage ! Absolutely ! Only select groups are allowed to be demonized !

All groups are demonized by someone, i think it just comes down to the media we choose to consume.

What i always find interesting (and great, of course) is that in my travels through North America for work, from liberal states to conservative ones, is that when people talk to each they tend to get along fine. Internet blogs and media sometimes i feel make it seem like we all hate each other but i haven't experienced that in real life yet

Just recently i was on a work trip talking to some longtime colleagues at one of our partners, republican dudes, and of course me coming from one of the most leftist parts of North America....we talked politics and the media over drinks...a lot of jokes were made. Good times had, even acknowledging different viewpoints on certain things

Sometimes i think if we relied on our daily interactions more than the increasingly "alt" left and right media sources, we'd all be happier

If only there was a media outlet that spoke to us middle of the roaders......

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

I get the sneaking suspicion that this thread has little to do with Rory and much to do with 'everything else'.

Here are a selection of words/phrases 'cherry picked' from the past two pages. Undercurrents are clearly visible.

protest

women

hypocricy

UAE

outrage

elite male only

CNN

Trump

North Korea

Japan

PC

religion

principles

Unfortunately it's quite obvious where this thread will go. Just like the previous thread that was shut down.

Amazed we've traveled this far in a relatively civil manner.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

It's called "real life" LOL

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

It's called "real life" LOL

Who knows what real life is, any more?

I certainly don't.

Amen to both of you ! Totally agree Jeff. I have customers from all parts of the world and I get on with anybody. Like really never make an enemy , especially over politics. In fact the only one I can think of is w family member who is angry because I won't let him hunt my property. And I'm considered a pretty conservative dude. Yet I'm open minded and certainly sympathetic to other folks thoughts and ideas. Well all that being said I'm not a big fan of hunting. Especially for trophy. ( hate me if you will ). I don't protest , donate to animal rights groups etc. BUT I do draw the line at the animals I have somewhat control over. ( not real control , but you know what I mean ). So o have a huge flock of turkeys , that we feed and god knows how many dear etc. and I told him no on turkey hunting. Well now I'm a lefty ,Commie , who is a tree huger etc .

So I don't know what I am. I like to call it common sense based with respect for the land and the creator ( whichever story you believe ). Lost my point as usual. I guess I just wanted to agree with you.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

I get the sneaking suspicion that this thread has little to do with Rory and much to do with 'everything else'.

Here are a selection of words/phrases 'cherry picked' from the past two pages. Undercurrents are clearly visible.

protest

women

hypocricy

UAE

outrage

elite male only

CNN

Trump

North Korea

Japan

PC

religion

principles

Unfortunately it's quite obvious where this thread will go. Just like the previous thread that was shut down.

Amazed we've traveled this far in a relatively civil manner.

It's been civil because the words you picked are meaningless. They just happen to be there. Right?

On the other hand, CNN might call them breaking news and weave all those words into one sentence.

Oh, wait..........

What's Miurfield?

Macgregor blade irons made between 84 and 86 and they have a guy named Nicklaus's signature on them :taunt:

Further proof that MacGregor was a bunch of misogynist bigots. Thank God we all took a stance and drove them out of business... :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

It's an interesting thought, I mean we can all oppose things, but at the end of the day were all mostly full of crap. Almost everyone posting in this thread or reading this thread has bought products from companies or countries that have done bad things. Whether it be using contract manufacturing that is dangerously close to slave labor, or buying from countries that oppress their people.

I mean he answered a question with hoe he felt. But feeling something and acting on it to try and cause change are massively different things

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed.-Lloyd Dobler

Dude, you'll Say Anything (one of my all time favs).

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Golf courses are his area of expertise. He also lives in the region he is talking about.

Is he an expert on the laws of the UAE? No. Does he have some sort of authority to talk about it and criticize it? No.

He is smart to stay out of the UAE affairs.

Maybe he just likes b!tching about Muirfield since it's the one time he couldn't make the cut at the Open Championship...

playing tournaments in parts of the world that discriminate against others and have laws denying people basic rights - such as the U.A.E. and the U.S.A.

I've been thinking about this for awhile now, where in the USA do they deny people basic rights?

"basic human rights" is relative term. What is acceptable in one country/area is not in another. People seem to love to impose their view of human rights on others.

Some do have the view that USA does deny basic human rights to some of it's citizens. For instance Article 7 of the UN declaration of Human Rights says that : We’re All Equal Before the Law.

In the US men are treated much more harshly under the law than women for the same crimes. SOME would say men are denied one of the basic human rights in this way. I am not taking a position on this one (and trying to use a relatively non-controvercial example), but if you put the question out there you would get 1000's of examples (most that could be debated)

WITF does "SJW" mean?

Thanks much?

All the Best,

Rap

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I think it is different because the UAE has aspects of Islamic law built into its society.

EDIT: Also considering that HSBC is UAE's top bank, and I'm sure a top consumer of Rolex products, Rory will definitely lose a sponsor or two speaking out against UAE laws.

So that makes everything OK?

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

I think it is different because the UAE has aspects of Islamic law built into it.

Seriously!!

WITF does that have to do with anything???

Great question?

My Best,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I think it is different because the UAE has aspects of Islamic law built into it.

Seriously!!

Great question ��

My Best,

RP

It means it's okay to degrade women there. And you are a xenophobic, racist bigot if you dare tell them that they can't beat on women. In the Middle East, your pimp hand must be strong...

WITF does "SJW" mean?

Thanks much?

All the Best,

Rap

Social Justice Warrior. Generally pretty far left and at times taking on some very weak causes. You would not like them.

Thank you-

The fist and only thing that came to mind was "Single Jewish Woman"......nah

I've gotta broaden my vocabulary

Have a nice weekend?

All the Best,

Richard

Seriously!!

Great question ?

My Best,

RP

It means it's okay to degrade women there. And you are a xenophobic, racist bigot if you dare tell them that they can't beat on women. In the Middle East, your pimp hand must be strong...

I'd love to be in a room with one of em minus the hood.....

Well, when I'm healthy, lol

Nothin like a good ole American pimp slap to put a lil man in his place

Stay well my Friend?

All the Best,

Richard

He is not a hypocrite for answering the question. It's what he didn't say that gives me pause. In fairness to McIlroy though, perhaps he doesn't know what is going on in the UAE. And, perhaps the media should do a better job in asking questions...though I doubt they will ever ask about the UAE.

now that you've begun backpedaling, you need to change the title of the thread. here, have a nice warm glass of ethics. does it taste good? or are you choking on it?

Im not sure if you're Pro Rory, or pro UAE but you're look here isn't a good one. Sean CLEARLY said answering the question ALONE doesn't make him a hypocrite, it's being vocally critical about the membership issue while collecting huge appearance fee's from UAE and remaining silent on their barbaric treatment of women. If you cant see that hypocrisy, you have an agenda.

Thanks Kymar...that sums it up nicely.

Seriously!!

Great question

My Best,

RP

OK I'll admit it, I guess I'm confused with the comparison. I have no doubt it is not Rory's responsibility to call out anyone or club. However my thought is if the R&A believes a club should be banned from the Open rotation, then why wouldn't the European Tour believe tournaments in the UAE should be removed from their rotation. It seems to be a a disconnect; restricting women's membership is horrible, but condoning raping women as acceptable. It's not Rory's responsibility to call out either, but maybe the R&A and the ET should look within and evaluate their motives.

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

Not sure where you are going with this one Sean? Forged4Ever had a similar thread on this somewhere.

Regarding hypocrisy, I don't think it quite applies if he was asked the question about Muirfield and answered it. Not sure what that has to do the conditions in UAE if that wasn't anywhere in the question asked.

You raise a valid point, since he wasn't asked about the UAE in particular, however one would think he does know what is going on in the UAE given how many tournaments he has played there...still, maybe he doesn't. I guess what got me in the presser was his absolute outrage over Miurfield. If he is that outraged, that cognizant of what is happening in Miurfield, why not the same expressed about the UAE...even if the question was not asked.

ps: wasn't aware Richard has a similar thread ongoing. If so, no need to have two. You can put this one to sleep. :-)