SeeMore Putters - Anyone?

OspreyCI

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up the Mini Giant Deep Flange. Everything I didn't like in other SeeMores was fixed in this one. Longer face with a deeper flange, solid milled, super forgiving, and stealth RST. So far, just rolled a few on the carpet but I really like it. It came with a Rosemark grip to try but I did not like it at all. The shape was great but the feel was horrible. Replaced it with a SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0 and 25g counterbalance. Now it's awesome.

SiM2 Max  9°  Fujikura Ventus 6
TS2  15°  GD Tour AD VR-7

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
818H2  21°  GD Tour AD IZ-85
0311T  4i / Z745  5-9  Nippon 950GH 
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
putter, KBS CT Tour, Pro Only *
(¬¬)

I just picked up the Mini Giant Deep Flange. Everything I didn't like in other SeeMores was fixed in this one. Longer face with a deeper flange, solid milled, super forgiving, and stealth RST. So far, just rolled a few on the carpet but I really like it. It came with a Rosemark grip to try but I did not like it at all. The shape was great but the feel was horrible. Replaced it with a SuperStroke Pistol GT 1.0 and 25g counterbalance. Now it's awesome.

Nice. I'm putting a pistol gt tour on mine with 50g counterbalance.

I think you're going to really like it. Mini Giant and Pistol GT is a great combo. I tried the 50g but I wasn't releasing the clubhead enough and I was pushing putts. For me, the 25g helped just enough.

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

I think you're going to really like it. Mini Giant and Pistol GT is a great combo. I tried the 50g but I wasn't releasing the clubhead enough and I was pushing putts. For me, the 25g helped just enough.

Figure I'll give it a try as I'm pushing a bit with it not being counterbalanced. If 50 is too much I can always try the 25. Just need to calm the hands down a bit.

Figure I'll give it a try as I'm pushing a bit with it not being counterbalanced. If 50 is too much I can always try the 25. Just need to calm the hands down a bit.

I totally had it backwards, you're right. The 50g had me releasing it too much.

testing 5/7 woods🤔🤷‍♀️
SM7 46F 52F 58D  DG 115
SM7 62M  KBS Tour
(¬¬)

Counterbalanced with the 50g is $$$$

Looks great. Really nice finish on that line.

So is the PTM2 experiment over? What are your thoughts on the hosel location more towards the heel on the PTM2 compared to most other Seemore putters?

Taylormade SIM Max  – 10.5°
Taylormade M4  – 16.5°
Titleist 818H1 - 22.5°
Titleist AP1 718 – 4-P
Titleist AP1 718 – 48°
Cleveland CBX – 54°
Taylormade EF – 60° 
Ping Vault 2.0 Craz-E H   

Counterbalanced with the 50g is $$$$

Looks great. Really nice finish on that line.

So is the PTM2 experiment over? What are your thoughts on the hosel location more towards the heel on the PTM2 compared to most other Seemore putters?

I like the ptm2 but got rid of that one and found an offset ptm2 which I like better. After awhile it "felt" like I was leaving the face open through impact and pushing putts. I don't feel that with the offset, or the mini.

I'm headed to the studio next Wednesday for a fitting. I'm going in with a completely open mind and I'm excited to see what I end up with. It's my first experience getting fit for a putter and I like the fact it's a company that's located in my home state and they seem to be super easy to work with. Wish me luck!

I hit it 300 every time...on the range...when nobody's watching.

I'm headed to the studio next Wednesday for a fitting. I'm going in with a completely open mind and I'm excited to see what I end up with. It's my first experience getting fit for a putter and I like the fact it's a company that's located in my home state and they seem to be super easy to work with. Wish me luck!

They will treat you right. Great company! G luck!

Aerojet 10.5, turned to 9.5*-  Ventus Blue TR 6x
Cobra F9 3w - Atmos TS Blue 7x
T300 4i (19*) - UST Recoil 95 F4
Srixon 565/765 Combo 5-PW - Project X 5.5hs
SM5 50,54,58,62 - F,K,S Grinds - Rifle 6.0
Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got home from fitting today and I wanted to share my experience. First, a little about me. I have been playing for 27 years, have been fitted by Scott Felix for every club in my bag expect my putter. My index is currently 8.3, has been as low as 3, but I've been struggling to bust 80 recently. I've got an older Cleveland milled blade putter that I've went back and forth with the last 7 years. Most recently I bought a TM Daddy Long Legs, but my 14 year old commandeered it. I never really got along with it, anyway.

Now, on to the fitting. I arrived and was greeted by Cody. After introductions, he proceeded to take me on a tour of their facility. In the front of the building, they have a couple of offices and the studio and the back is their impressive club building and storage area. Clubs everywhere! Everything was clean and well organized. They have photos in the hall of many of the tour pros who use their clubs. I was surprised to learn they don't pay any of them to use them, even Zach.

After the tour, we went to work. Cody got some background info on me, including the weak parts of my game and my putting tendencies (speed control, normal misses, etc). He then put me on the SAM putting lab with my current gamer, the Cleveland. He asked if I use a line on the ball to line up and I do. He handed me one and told me to go through my normal routine. After hitting a few putts, we looked at the numbers and found out my alignment was way inconsistent. Overall stroke looked ok, but it was pretty obvious what my weak spots were. He took a couple of measurements and put together a fitting putter.

He worked on getting my eyes in the right spot, made an adjustment in ball position (moved it back in my stance a bit) and posture so I hid the red dot and then I hit a few more. It was immediately obvious that using the line on the ball wasn't working. I hit a few more without using it and saw a dramatic improvement in the numbers. It really was amazing to me what a difference it made. We made minor adjustment to my grip and it got even better.

Cody let me try a few different heads that had similar characteristics that fit my stroke. They all varied in price points. He never once pushed me toward and particular one. After the dust settled, I went with the Nashville Studio Series MFGP Deep Flange with a Rosemark 1.52 grip. They do have a new version of the Rosemark grip coming out in a couple of weeks that has a different texture. I may order one of those later on. I've forgot to buy a visor when I was there, so I have to order one of those anyway. The main reason I went with the model I did was feel. The putter just felt better than the others I tried, including the Giant models.

As a side note, Cody is headed to Scotland and England to do some fitting events next week. If you are a British WRXer, I highly recommend seeing him, if possible. He was very knowledgeable and I learned more about putting in a very short time than I have in the previous 29 years.

Oh, and if this was TL;DR, Cody is great, Seemore is an awesome company and I don't expect any more 3 putts!

I hit it 300 every time...on the range...when nobody's watching.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really considering getting a Seemore. I called them yesterday and explained that with most mallets they tend to never really sit flat...as in they tend to rock a little when at address.

I preordered a LH TM Tour Black Spider. When it arrived the face insert was all dinged up. The face also didn't look even and I had a buddy look at it as well and he agreed that it just looked off. I called TM and they're sending a replacement and it should arrive later this week.

If the replacement isn't better than the one I have I'll be placing an order with Seemore. What attracts me to the Seemore is the consistent set up. It's something that I feel I can't get with a mallet.

I spoke to a Grant who worked at Seemore and he was super helpful as I bombarded him with questions etc. their customer service is top notch.

I'm really interested in the FGP and would probably have them add an additional 24 gram weight which would bring the putter up to 354 grams which is super comfortable to me.

I'm really considering getting a Seemore. I called them yesterday and explained that with most mallets they tend to never really sit flat...as in they tend to rock a little when at address.

I preordered a LH TM Tour Black Spider. When it arrived the face insert was all dinged up. The face also didn't look even and I had a buddy look at it as well and he agreed that it just looked off. I called TM and they're sending a replacement and it should arrive later this week.

If the replacement isn't better than the one I have I'll be placing an order with Seemore. What attracts me to the Seemore is the consistent set up. It's something that I feel I can't get with a mallet.

I spoke to a Grant who worked at Seemore and he was super helpful as I bombarded him with questions etc. their customer service is top notch.

I'm really interested in the FGP and would probably have them add an additional 24 gram weight which would bring the putter up to 354 grams which is super comfortable to me.

jjrpilot - we are always happy to help. #allstate. Contact us anytime. Thanks!

I sent an email last week about a putter - got a quick reply stating someone would follow-up....never got another message.....

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I sent an email last week about a putter - got a quick reply stating someone would follow-up....never got another message.....

Sorry about that - can you re-send? Thanks. [email protected]

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. That's my fault. You guys are always great to work with.

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

I wasn't trying to be a jerk. That's my fault. You guys are always great to work with.

No worries!! Thanks.

z3c ordered seemore! Get to building, haha! Always wanted a Nashville!

Awesome! Boys were in the "factory" at 6AM working for you! Send us pics!

Just shed a tear of joy...

Can you post a pic of it being built here in the thread?

Odyssey OTR putter
TP5x

• Gxgolfer changed the title to SeeMore Putters - Anyone?