AJGA @ Rhode Island

GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
Newport National Golf CLub
Whos playing in the AJGA pre season at Newport National???

I know i am and so is Bryan(clevelandballer), just wanted to find out.

GOOsE image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2

Comments

• Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    Good luck on the tournament dan and bry, hope you guys both get into it and play well.
  • stickmanstickman Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,981
    Good Luck Guys !
  • Teetogreen86Teetogreen86 Spongeworthy Members Posts: 1,177
    I just wanted to wish you guys the best of luck and enjoy the course. It's AMAZING!!!
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Golfer | Clubfitter | Kayaker | Photographer[/font]
  • tmagfan2010tmagfan2010 Banned Posts: 676
    I'll be there, good luck to u all.
  • Penguins66Penguins66 Members Posts: 89
    I'm planning on playing. It should be interesting seeing as with this weather I don't think I'm going to be able to play much before it...
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    If you havent sign up yet your pretty much SOL.....it filled up soo fast

goose image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    PXG 0811X 10* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0341X 15* w/ Tensei Blue 70TX<br />PXG 0317 19* w/ Tensei Blue 80X<br />PXG 0311T 4-W w/ Nippon Modus 130X<br />PXG 0311 50*,55*,60* w/ Modus 130X<br />Scotty Cameron Circle T Newport 2
  • Croonie15Croonie15 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭
    You never know though with the preseason events. It is certainly worth a phone call to see if you can gain entry. If there's already an alternate list don't bother. Best of luck guys.

Croonie
  • Penguins66Penguins66 Members Posts: 89
    Goose wrote on Mar 21 2006, 09&#58;28 PM:

If you havent sign up yet your pretty much SOL.....it filled up soo fast

goose image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

Yeah about that. I am really angry now. My power was out all day today until about 8 because they were working on the electrical system here....Looks like I'm not playing...
  • SCameron009SCameron009 ¡~WRX~! Members Posts: 1,784 ✭✭
    Yup like Goose said I'll be there. I have had the pleasure of playing there before, and like Kyle said, it is absalutely AMAZING ! It is going to finally be over 40º and sunny this weekend so I will be out there hitting some balls getting ready, I'm very excited about playing, and most of all meeting some other WRX'ers!

See you out there boys, and Dan I'll get in touch with you, maybe we can chill Saturday night or something.

Best of luck everyone, Bryan image/hi.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
  • rednumbers69rednumbers69 NW AZ player of the year 2007 Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,027
    edited Mar 22, 2006 #11
    good luck guys wish i could have gotten in but its a long ways from az and im not exempt yet...but hopfully soon
  • kkherekkhere Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,138
    Good luck guys, should be a fun event
    If you buy a one year AJGA playing membership you get one star (which is entry into an open event) then if you do good in that event you can gain more performance stars, and so on untill you fully exempt into the events, or you can play in the qualifers.
  • GooseGoose Junior Mod Squad Posts: 1,270 ✭✭
    stickman wrote on Mar 22 2006, 08&#58;35 PM:

If you buy a one year AJGA playing membership you get one star (which is entry into an open event) then if you do good in that event you can gain more performance stars, and so on untill you fully exempt into the events, or you can play in the qualifers.

wrong stickman,

When u sign up for the AJGA you get 1 performance star. 4 performance stars equals 1 exemption. usually it takes at least 3 performance stars of status to get you into and event but most of the time it takes and exemption. rising seniors(graduating class of 2007) get 2 stars upon joining the ajga. There are what are now called medicus and Ashworth preseason and postseason events which are pay to play events. meaning first come first serve. more like an IJGT or FCWT. once the season gets rolling they are all performance based entry. if you have any more questions about the AJGA feel free to contact me via email or PM. or check out >>>>>AJGA<<<<<

GoOsE image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
  • maguy1970maguy1970 Members Posts: 371
    Best of luck to all you guys who get in! I love national, having only played it twice and did not get down there last year. Do they still have the one green with the square corner? I forget which hole it is, but bthe back left corenr of the green was a right angle. very peculiar looking...
    Oh, ok thanks for clarifiying that up for me Dan. I was a little confused and thought that was how it worked. But i checked the AJGA website and Dan is right. Sorry for the bad information.
  • PGMladyPGMlady Golf Professional Members Posts: 294
    Good luck to the both of you! I'm sure there will be some Methodist College interns working there this summer. I know some you have in the years past.
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    Thread opened, person has been dealt with.
  • mumf91mumf91 Jr. Boomers Posts: 182
    I am playing in it.