Warrick's WITB - Titleist takeover?

It is hard to say 100%, maybe a mix. I loved the clubs, was my favorite iron to look down at, but just did not make sense. I was just not getting the same #'s as the MP5's. Once I saw the 900F and realized they also looked really good, it was a pretty easy choice. I don't need to make this game more difficult. I may still take the 5's out from time to time, but am loving the 900F with the Modus.

You going local for fittings or just experimenting with different club head/shaft combo's?

I may look at Cool Clubs in Lewisville, TX as my closest and most favorable option. Sadly, nothing local that I have been impressed with.

Please tell me more about your hybrids. I am still hitting my TM R11 3h and 4h. Actually, in midst of deciding to carry both or drop one. Of late, I have been in love with the 4h and have found it very reliable. Maybe the aftermarket shaft, or maybe just the club itself. I think the biggest ??? in my bag is that transition from woods to irons with the hybrids. I have always been a high ball hitter, but with less time on the course than I'd like I am wanting every bit of help possible.

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

fitting? haha, I am not paying for a fitting unless I get to be outside on grass with Trackman, not many options in Iowa for that.

I test on course, only thing that tells me what I need to know.

I love the 815's but just recently put in the Epic 5W to replace the 3H. I like the 5W better off the tee. I love my 4H, just don't seem to get on well with a 4 iron. That is my toughest place in the bag also, but finally seem to have a decent transition from wood to hybrid to iron

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T150 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Just stopped by GS/GG and hit mizzy shaft optimizer. Rec'd the Ctaper lite x and Nippon Pro modus 105X. Only had time to hit handful of 900forged with the ctaper and it was VERY nice. Carry distance was about 1/2 club longer (MP53's is about 174 and was right on about 179-180 with the 900f with ctaper lites).

EDIT: just got email from our club that Cally doing trackman fitting in a couple weeks at the driving range. Signed up!

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

How's the Epic 5 wood?

I'm considering either that or the Sub Zero 5 wood. I'm not in love with my 15 degree SZ 3 wood yet. Still dialing it in and may throw a Rogue I/O in it.

What part of Iowa you in? I'm in the Illinois Quad Cities but could travel...

In the Bag:

Driver: 10.5 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 60

Fairway Wood: 15 Epic Speed Graphite Design AD-ITZ 70

Fairway Wood: 19 Epic Flash Tensei Blue 75

Irons: Apex Pro '19 4-AW, Aerotech Steelfiber 95

Wedges: 54 MD4 and 58 '19 PM Grind 

Grips: Tour Velvet Jumbo

Putter: Odyssey MXM 9 HT

Balls: Chrome soft Triple Track

South Central, 20 minutes south of Des Moines.

I am loving the 5W, got home in 2 the other day from 231 on the par 5 2nd, then use it on a couple short par 4's off the tee.

I have the SZ 3+ and it came with the Fuji Pro, liked it much better with the I/O 70, but I am just hitting the T800's straight, so have that in all 3 currently. It is funny, the SZ 3+ head is like 10 more CC's than the regular 5W, but with the heads shaped differently, and the SZ 3+ having a slightly taller face, they head size looks about the same on the 2 clubs, which I really like.

I would stick that I/O in, bet you like it better.

We are discussing a WRX Iowa outing, will keep you posted.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

warrick - love your setup man - top notch top to bottom.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Thanks man, can say the same about yours. I finally hit a 17 M1 driver this weekend, and while I did not like it as much as the Epic, to me it was a dramatic improvement over the 2016 version. I see you have the "manly" version of the shaft...lol.

I really want to hear what you think about those irons. Have you had any time on course yet?

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Thanks man, can say the same about yours. I finally hit a 17 M1 driver this weekend, and while I did not like it as much as the Epic, to me it was a dramatic improvement over the 2016 version. I see you have the "manly" version of the shaft...lol.

I really want to hear what you think about those irons. Have you had any time on course yet?

lol yea the shaft is incredible -- both in the driver and the fairway. the irons are some of the best to come out of TM in quite some time in my view. feel great, long irons (3,4,5,6) want to go straight and hold a great line, the shorter irons (7,8,9,P) are workable and feel simply incredible (even with a 'cavity'). i hit 12/18 GIR the first time out with them but, could've easily been 15/18 -- 3 were on the fringe/light rough around the green. i have to get the short irons bent a few *'s stronger tho b/c they're launching a tad higher than i prefer -- and there's a distinct gap from the 7 and 6 irons since that's where my 770/750 split happens. all in all i'm truly glad i picked these up.

PING G430 LST / 9* (dialed to 10.5*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Dark Speed LS / 3w (dialed to 15.5*) / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Beautiful Bag Bro!!

Ya know I Love the Runnin Bird, haha

Have a Great Season?️

All the Best,

Richard

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

I have been a bit inconsistent with iron play this spring, but have only played in temps above 50 a few of the 15+ rounds I have played. It has been difficult to get grooved, and find the tempo I am looking for.

I found something Sunday on our second 18, shot 6 over with 3 doubles. I was trying to be too smooth with the change over, and found getting back to a bit more aggressive started to show me some things I really, really liked.

Definitely a better feel in the wedges than the 130 c-taper.

I am excited about everything in the bag.

Also had 28 putts with the new flatstick on Sunday afternoon.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 2 months later...

I started to have some inconsistencies with the 5W, going back to the trusted set up of the 3H-4H, 2 new Epic hybrids on the way, 5W out/sold.

Modus 125 are a dream, have them in 5, all the way through LW.

finishing my supply of 2016 TPX, then moving to TP5X.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Warrick, did you go with the 125 wedge shafts or just the same shafts through your irons?

Planning to reshaft my 770s...dumping the modus 130. I'm nervous about the 125 though, as I'm a long time Ctaper guy.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

Warrick, did you go with the 125 wedge shafts or just the same shafts through your irons?

Planning to reshaft my 770s...dumping the modus 130. I'm nervous about the 125 though, as I'm a long time Ctaper guy.

Nope, just have the normal 125 PW shaft in my wedges.

I was nervous also, but seem to have found my match. I absolutely love them.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

My only concern with the 125s is that people seem to somehow compare them to dynamic gold and Ctapers.....not sure how that is possible as DG and Ctapers seem so different to me.

I might re-shaft one club and see how it goes before doing the entire set.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

My only concern with the 125s is that people seem to somehow compare them to dynamic gold and Ctapers.....not sure how that is possible as DG and Ctapers seem so different to me.

I might re-shaft one club and see how it goes before doing the entire set.

I did a 3 club sample for a weekend, found all I needed to know.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 2 months later...

I am sure everyone has missed updates in my awesome thread....lol.

Not a lot has changed, added the Epic hybrids in June to replace the 815's, really liking them.

I shot a career low 69 on July 4th, and am playing my best ever. I would say around a 5 on home course, but game does not travel that great, working on it. I would guess I am more like a 7-8 realistically, but am moving in the right direction. I struggle with green reading, have an astigmatism, and bad depth perception (Laser rangefinder has helped). When I get on undulated greens, I struggle a bit, again, working on it.

I sold a ton of back up equipment and some clothes, had a little over 1k in PP, so decided to get another set of my irons/wedges, new putter, just dabbling with new shafts, and wedge gaping. I had to spend the PP funds before my wife bought a new fridge....ha.

New JPX 900F - 5-P - T7 48/8, 53/10, 58/12 - PX LZ 6.5 SSx1 - NDMC blk/wht

New Odyssey Red 7s - 34" black shaft- Flatso Mid - will be tanked with 2-25g o-works weights.

Winter project is to send all 4 Epics to Continental, for matte black, with carbon fade, removal of speed steps and chevron. I will be playing the same clubs next year.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• 2 months later...

Season is about wrapped, supposed to be 67 here Sunday, may be one of the last to play outdoors this season, with a possible exception here and there....

I played the 900F and T7 set all year, have 2 sets now, one with Modus 125, other with PX LZ 6.5 SSx1, will be playing these irons/wedges for a while. I checked out the MP18 line and P790's, no dice Epic driver, 3+ and 3H firmly in the bag, have been all season. I tested a 2017 M1, and G400 this year, no dice. The 3+ is a staple, as is the 3H. I am a pretty low ball hitter, so tried the new MP18 flihi, immediately ordered 4-5-6, and dumped the Epic 4H to the corner of my office.

Not a lot changed, just some swaps in that gap between 3H and 5 iron, but feel good about all of it now. Ball is TP5x, grabbed a new Silencer for next season, mine is over 3 years old.

I played my best golf ever, hdcp dropped, finished season at 60.6% GIR, and 31.6 putts per round. Grint has my cap at 4.9, but I did not get all of the rounds in, especially missed some higher scores from tougher courses, and our home track is rated 69, at about 6200 yds, flat greens. I do feel like a 5 at home, but more like a 9 other places, working on getting the game to travel better. I did shoot 2 mid-70's rounds on tougher, longer course this year, so moving in the right direction. I am not a good green reader, undulation gets me in a bit of trouble.

Bag will go in same as it is now, except, about to get freaky with driver-3 wood.

I have 2 Tensei Pro Orange shafts coming this week, 60s for driver 70s for 3+, having driver built at 47" and 3+ at 44", try the Brooke choke up method with the CB shafts. I should have them built and on course for Sunday's round.

I also moved to the Odyssey Black 7s, tanked to 380 with with stock Winn Mid red grip, putting really well right now. I have not used anything other than a big SS grip for year, loving the smaller grip - thx RK

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

I just got the shipping notice for the 3W shaft, will have the chance to test both Tensei Pro Orange this weekend, so stoked, thought it would only be indoor testing this winter.

One more note.

I got a chance to play a round with fellow member "ladahl" (Lance) a few weeks back here in Iowa, and a buddy of his. Lance is a great dude, look forward to get a chance to play with him again, and more fellow members next season.

I need redemption.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

Playing golf with Lance is ....interesting....LOL!! I am sure you guys had a great time!!

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

Keep hanging around Lance and you’ll have two new sets before the snow melts. ;)

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I just got the shipping notice for the 3W shaft, will have the chance to test both Tensei Pro Orange this weekend, so stoked, thought it would only be indoor testing this winter.

One more note.

I got a chance to play a round with fellow member "ladahl" (Lance) a few weeks back here in Iowa, and a buddy of his. Lance is a great dude, look forward to get a chance to play with him again, and more fellow members next season.

I need redemption.

Youre going to really like the Orange. Put a v3 on. Feels extremely smooth. One of the best shafts I’ve ever played.

--------------------------

witb

ping g430 lst 9* tour 2.0 chrome 75x

titleist tsr2 7w 21* tensei 1k black 85x

cobra king tour 5-p kbs $-taper 130

ping glide 4.0 50S 56S z-z115

tm spider tour cb 38"

Great thread, and nice recap of the season. Green reading is also a weakness of mine. Trying to work on that. Love the bag and set up. Always keen to see what you're playing. Hope it stays sunny for a few more weeks.

G430 LST 9*
G15 17.5*
G425 19*
W/S Blade 3-P
S22 51* Zipcore 56* S20 60*
Sigma 2 Arna Stealth

What didn't you like about the MP-18?

The MMC and SC are chunky, did not like the look of the 9-P at address, just nothing special. I played MP5's last year, did not feel any better.

The 900F are still a great feeling one piece forging, and the 9-P look great at address for a CB.

The MP18 flihi are awesome though.

I did not hit the blades, don't need to go down that route again.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

The MMC and SC are chunky, did not like the look of the 9-P at address, just nothing special. I played MP5's last year, did not feel any better.

The 900F are still a great feeling one piece forging, and the 9-P look great at address for a CB.

Hey Warrick, I am a fellow 900F user and was thinking of making the change to the MP18 line, your comments have me thinking. I find that I use the 4 iron mainly on tighter short 4's but the blade length is a little long as well as the 5 iron but the shorter clubs look spot on, do you think the 4 & 5 Fli HI's blend in well?

Hey Warrick, I am a fellow 900F user and was thinking of making the change to the MP18 line, your comments have me thinking. I find that I use the 4 iron mainly on tighter short 4's but the blade length is a little long as well as the 5 iron but the shorter clubs look spot on, do you think the 4 & 5 Fli HI's blend in well?

Yes I do, actually have the 6 now also. They are not quite as "satinized" as the 900F, but they are not all shiny, head size is comparable. I really like the set up, and they blend well IMO.

Don't get me wrong, the MMC and SC are nice, SC feels great, but the 900F scoring irons look better behind the ball, and the 900F also feel awesome when flushed. I wanted to buy more Mizuno Irons, just because they are new Mizuno irons, but no need, 2 sets of 900F and T7's will keep me good for years.

Here is a couple pics - flihi is on the right, and on the top (both 5 irons).

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

T150 6-G PX LZ
Toulon Portland Garage 
ProV1x

• Warrick changed the title to Warrick's WITB - Titleist takeover?