uPRO....Anyone seen this latest entry in the GPS wars?

1789101113»

Comments

• finalistfinalist MASHED POTATO! Members Posts: 5,406 ✭✭
    I noticed there is a red box and a black box that the uPro comes in. I've only seen the black packaging box in stores, but I've read about and found the red box on the internet.

Is the red box newer/upgraded?
    Many Byron Putters
    Scratch Don Whites
    Scratch Jeff McCoys
    WITB Link
  • Bombn Bombn ClubWRX Posts: 594 ✭✭
    Red box is the new Callaway ones. Black = pre-Callaway
  • dwbostondwboston Lefty Boomers Posts: 2,322 ✭✭
    I got a red box uPro around Christmas. No Callaway branding since it was before the merger but it is the "newer" model.
    Titleist TS2 10.5*, GD AD TP 6S | Titleist 915F 16.5*, GD AD DI 7S | Titleist 915 H 21*, GD AD HY 95S
    Bridgestone J15 CB, 4-PW, Recoil Proto 125 F4 | Vokey SM6 52.08F | Vokey SM6 56.10S | Vokey SM7 60.12D
    Bettinardi BB0 Flow, 34"/350g
  • crbcrb Members Posts: 1
    I picked up an Upro at Golf Galaxy couple weeks ago and was having trouble with the thing. It would lock up some, take a while giving me numbers, and acting all goofy. I went to return it as it was getting close to my 30 days and the manager said that there ENTIRE stock was defective. Mumbled something about registration or something. It concerned me enough to look toward a Skycaddie or a Guru - a newly purchased company giving a $100 rebate? Who knows how long some of their stock has been sitting around.
  • golf_fanatikgolf_fanatik Members Posts: 1,103 ✭✭
    nah.. the upro is backed by Callaway, one of the best customer oriented golf companies.. Many here, including me, have had great experiences with costumer services.. probably the GG manager didn't really know what he was talking about.

I went from a SG5 to the Upro.. I have used skycaddies, golf guru and golf buddy.. the Upro is the best of the bunch.
  • rskolinrskolin Members Posts: 6
    crb wrote on Jul 16 2009, 05:09 PM:
    Who knows how long some of their stock has been sitting around.

I don't think that's an issue. Pretty much everyone that sells the uPro shows them out-of-stock and on back order. Callaway's website says they won't be available for 3-4 weeks. There's lots of speculation on why the $100 rebate; clear out inventory for new model coming, software upgrade, etc.