Noodle+ Long and Soft

G.Review ·  
G.ReviewG.Review Members  533WRX Points: 3Posts: 533 Bunkers
What do you think?

Posted:

Comments

• No_1No_1 meh... Members  75WRX Points: 0Handicap: 13.8Posts: 75
    Short version: Good entry level/high handicap ball that won't break the wallet at the cash register or bring tears to the eyes when it goes swimming or on a long walk in the woods.

Long version: After being away from golf for 25+ years, I returned to a bewildering array of equipment and names that I had not heard before (which would be a different topic). I had no desire to pay big bucks for a golf ball that had a better chance of going OB or in the water than it did of surviving 3 holes intact. Disclaimer: I was used to wound balls played in the 60's and early 70's.

I stumbled across the Noodle line. I found the price ($12/doz at Wally World) fine for my (re-)entry level of play and swing speed. No complaints. The Noodle+ L&S sounded and felt better than other Noodle products. It went long compared to other inexpensive balls. As for spin, it seemed to do OK for my limited skills. A decent hit resulted in a satisfying "click" and felt fine. As swing speed increased and my game improved, I found the ball would baloon in moderate to high wind. I now find the feel off the putter to be mushy.

I have since moved on to a different level of ball during the season, but use the Noodle+ L&S during winter/cold weather play.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Insert something witty here...
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Dhurley7Dhurley7 Members  426WRX Points: 56Posts: 426 Greens
    decent ball for the price. I use these when spraying it off the tee
    Posted:
  • Bogeyman22Bogeyman22 Members  17WRX Points: 0Handicap: 18Posts: 17
    I like most every thing about the Noodle Plus Long and Soft. It does not spin around the green all that great, but for a two piece ball for 12 a doz., it is a very good ball. Does anyone know the compression rating? Thanks, Bogeyman22
    Posted:
  • downsandupsdownsandups Members  78WRX Points: 0Handicap: 3Posts: 78
    These are great balls for the price and if you have no ego. I however do not play them because I have an ego and have a hard time playing well knowing I'm playing a noodle.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.