2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Pure745's WITB

sick clubs. i really like the irons and wedges. those wedges look so clean from the bag view. hows the grind feel compared to other vokey standard grinds?

I've played the last 2 models of Vokeys including the newest ones.. to be honest.. I can't comare any to the TVD's.. granted I have Tour Concepts in them and they're playing over D8 on the SW.. i can lay both of them almost completely flat open.. but on full shots they have a lot of bounce and the grind lets it cut but not dig into the turf.. it keeps the face cutting and really takes nice and thin divots.. i was playin the older vokeys in high bounce and even they'd dig a bit.. the faces look little different too and the ball flight is lower w/ less spin it seems like than the 09's.. more penetrating flight I'd say.. vs the 09's spin a lot so the ball balloons and spins a ton.

I will also say that my bag wouldn't be as good as it is without such good feedback and knowledge of the members on this site..

You're welcome. :rolleyes:

Remember when you had CAST irons? Yeah, you owe me. :cheesy:

LOL.. no comment.. I'm not even going to say it.. but i think you know what it is.. lets just say the S57's didnt get any bag chatter.. CAST has its upside :black eye:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

sick clubs. i really like the irons and wedges. those wedges look so clean from the bag view. hows the grind feel compared to other vokey standard grinds?

I've played the last 2 models of Vokeys including the newest ones.. to be honest.. I can't comare any to the TVD's.. granted I have Tour Concepts in them and they're playing over D8 on the SW.. i can lay both of them almost completely flat open.. but on full shots they have a lot of bounce and the grind lets it cut but not dig into the turf.. it keeps the face cutting and really takes nice and thin divots.. i was playin the older vokeys in high bounce and even they'd dig a bit.. the faces look little different too and the ball flight is lower w/ less spin it seems like than the 09's.. more penetrating flight I'd say.. vs the 09's spin a lot so the ball balloons and spins a ton.

I will also say that my bag wouldn't be as good as it is without such good feedback and knowledge of the members on this site..

You're welcome. :rolleyes:

Remember when you had CAST irons? Yeah, you owe me. :cheesy:

LOL.. no comment.. I'm not even going to say it.. but i think you know what it is.. lets just say the S57's didnt get any bag chatter.. CAST has its upside :black eye:

yea those wedges defiitely look and sound like they are amazing. where can you get them?

I had this boutique shop order them for me.. they usually keep rarer stuff in stock.. like the TVD's and drivers w/ low lofts and exotic shafts etc.. i can get them for you if you need to.. i got them for a pretty good deal.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

LOL.. so to you guys that aren't fans of some of my TM stuff.. you won't have to worry about them anymore.. I'll have an update by early next week at the latest.. the new stuff is gonna be really good. (cool)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Tai, I'm writing this on my Nokia E71, so spelling is off....but I had to react to your comment about your TM sTUFF. WHY do you want to get rid of the best driver and woods in the world...surely if the Burner stuff is going, TM Tp FCT stuff must take over and not anothrer brand :huh:

What will you bag if not TM DRIVER and woods :WTF:

Not Nike dymo stuff or Titleist stuff :huh:

Hey pure,

If you've hit TM RAC MB TP Smokes before, how do the Nike blades compare? Which one did you find to be more forgiving? Were the distances about the same?

Thanks.

Stix:

Yes I've gamed the MB Smokes for about 3-4 months before getting rid of them. Compared to the VR's they are much harsher feeling (could have somehing to do w/ the Rifle Flighted 6.0's) but all around even mis-hits were harsher. They do look good, the VR's have a more classic look to them and are easier to hit than they look. Forgiveness wise, I'd say neither are that forgiving.. but in blade terms the VR's hold their distances better on off center hits.. they also dont feel as harsh. The Smokes are nice.. but the VR's are plain and simple one of the nicest blades I've ever hit. I tested them against the 33,37,67 and Miura TE blades.. they won.. I'd suggest just hitting them side by side.. on the course if possible.. you'll know immediately which one you like better :)

Tai, I'm writing this on my Nokia E71, so spelling is off....but I had to react to your comment about your TM sTUFF. WHY do you want to get rid of the best driver and woods in the world...surely if the Burner stuff is going, TM Tp FCT stuff must take over and not anothrer brand :huh:

What will you bag if not TM DRIVER and woods :WTF:

Not Nike dymo stuff or Titleist stuff :huh:

Claus,

I was shocked as well.. needless to say my 09 BTP to this day is one of the best drivers I've hit. That said, my new one (Diamana just installed) gave me a 183 ballspeed.. my best ever.. good for good was longer than my 09 BTP.. and looks better.. so, I pulled the trigger on it.

It's the Cobra S-91 Pro S, and I got the matching 3 wood (Redboard 83x Flowerband is going in that). My hybrid is now a 909H w/ Matrix Altus X which has been tweaked again by Nick at Golf Coast. I'll post pics when everything is done.. but long story short, this setup beat out my TM on performance, and also looks :good:

The reason I switched was i was hooking my hybrid really bad and my 3 wood too.. and then I hit my friends S9-1 Pro at the range and was captivated by its looks and the fact i was killing it! Then once the driver had better #'s than my 09 BTP, the choice was easier than expected..

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Fricken sick pure. Thats about all i can say lol

[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]driver- R15 BLACK TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]3 WOOD- R15 TP TOUR DEPT, SPEEDER STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]5WOOD R15 TOUR DEPT, PROJECT X BLACK STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] IRONS- RSI 2 4-G PROGRAMS STIFF[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5] WEDG- BV SM5 54 M GRIND - R SERIES TP EF SPIN 58[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]PUTTER-ODYSSEY WORKS VERSA 7 TANK.[/size][/font][/i][/b]
[b][i][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]BALL- TOUR PREFERD, [/size][/font][/i][/b]

I'm still very jealous of your bag. Hopefully I will have my updated bag soon!

Cobra Fly Z+ 8.5* w/ Diamana D+ 70x
Tour Edge CB Pro 14.5* w/ Speeder 757x
Mizuno MP-H4 2i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z+ 3i-5i w/ C-Taper 130
Cobra Fly Z Pro 6-PW w/ C-Taper 130
Callaway MD2 50*/S and 56*/T
Bettinardi Sabbatini Flow Neck Proto
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

Thanks guys.. I will update my WITB tonight when I get home.. all is done w/ the Cobra's now, they are ready and built to my specs.

Pete.. get on it.. w/ that ION Blizzard Ninja Star hahah!!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Pure745's VaporWRX Trip Review

When I found out about this trip, I was beyond ecstatic to go, however this time my reaction was a bit different than the first time. The first time I was like a kid on Christmas, this time I felt a very strong obligation to represent the WRX community the best I could and get the answers to pressing questions being asked on here. In addition to making sure we got questions answered, important information covered, the final piece was making sure my golf game was in order to thoroughly test the new Vapor line and report the findings as detailed as possible. This review will have a little different feel since I will be focusing more on the previous line and my current bag vs. the Vapor line. All the background about the Oven can be found in the previous thread.

About me - My current handicap is a +1 my low last year was a +2 and have been as high as a 2, I try to play 2-3 times a week and this year have 23 tournament rounds logged. I have played by far the most tournaments, club invitationals, and even tried my hand at my first US Mid-Am Qualifier (missed by 3 with 2 doubles). I do have a full time job so I mainly am golfing on the weekends and if I'm lucky will squeeze a round in mid-week. My club as around 30 guys at scratch or better so typically I am playing for some sort of money against guys that are competitive amateurs, mini-tour players, or PGA pros (one particular plays in our weekly Saturday Game). With that said, the performance of my clubs is super important to me and has driven me to get a full bag fitting at Cool Clubs, one of the most comprehensive and brand agnostic fitting experiences around here.

Reading through my Shootout thread will give you a great idea of the testing I have done pre-Oven trip this year and will make more sense when you read through my review and give you a good basis on what I am comparing the Vapor line to.

Shootout thread: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/967137-pure745s-2014-shootout-update-61514/

My WITB thread: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/234926-pure745s-witb/

The same type of fitting featured in my driver shootout, was also used in my irons and wedges.. needless to say, my bag is about as dialed in as it has ever been.

Day 1 - Nike coordinated our arrival times so that Ben, Ryan, Andrew and I all rode in the same car to our hotel. I thought this was really cool, and once we were all in the car, it felt like we knew each other for years. Upon arrival, we were all handed backpacks at the front desk while checking in. It seemed as if each media outlet got different "types" of backpacks and gear. These are the contents of ours, early on you can tell that VOLT was going to be the theme of this new line.

VaporWRX01.jpg

We finally met up with Scott and met Team Nike and other media outlets for dinner at Del Frisco Grill. When we sat down, Matt Plumb (Product Line Manager - Metal Woods/Short Game) made the mistake for sitting next to me at the end of the table. When I found out his role at Nike, the very first question after introducing myself was "When is the Rory Prototype putter being released?" he started laughing and immediately looked at Tony Dabbs (Product Director - Golf Clubs). Tony looked at me and said "we had a bet on how long it would take one of you to ask that question", I was happy to have obliged :) They were unbelievably cool about answering my onslaught of questions over cocktails and dinner.

So, there you have it.. Rory Prototype, going to be a limited release in the Spring, possibly around Masters (not confirmed) should be similar but slightly different to Rory's actual putter. :drinks: Keep in mind all of this happened within the first 15 minutes of the meet up with Team Nike :) As we wrapped up dinner, our group was on a mission to find a cigar bar and drinks a large group of Team Nike shared the same vision as we did so we further conversated over cigars and drinks.

After we had all gotten past the introductions, Matt and I were talking about clubs etc. and my SLDR/Rogue 125 came up. We were bantering back and forth, and I basically said that I would be really surprised if anything tomorrow beats that club. He smiled and said that he had a few tricks up his sleeve. I didn't thing too much of it and continued with my cigar and cocktail. I was also very surprised at the amount of knowledge they had of the WRX threads and what was or was not in my bag. I definitely got a little grief for showing up with only 1 Nike club (Rory 006) and nothing else, but I told them that is the reason that I was the reason I was initially picked to go on the first Oven trip.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Well... I got the S9-1 today according to my friend. It's a start! Hopefully the putter will show up soon....

Then I'll be just a little bit less jealous! :) Seriously, that BB2 makes me drool every time I see it. I need to track one of those down.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/145720-jakebarnes-witb-updated-828/page__hl__%20jakebarnes"]WITB Link[/url]

The Cobra woods and Tity hybrid are nice additions. Those ion Diamanas with the flower bands are gorgeous! :nyam:

The flowerbands are amazing looking. Gotta love the Ion finish, just takes the shaft to a whole new level.

Ditto on the paint fill on the wedges. Really nice.

• TaylorMade SIM Max (12°, GD Tour AD IZ 6 S)
  • TBD - 7w
  • TaylorMade SIM Max2 4h (22°, Fuji Ventus Blue 6 R)
  • TaylorMade SIM Max2 5h (25°, Fuji Ventus Blue 6 R)
  • Titleist T300 (6-G, SteelFiber i110cw R)
  • Titleist SM9 (52°-12F, 58°-10S, Steelfiber i110cw R)
  • Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K (Double Wide Stoke Lab Red)
  • ProV1x