Buying your old stuff back again

kmac49

Exactly 1 month ago, I sold a Byron Morgan DH89 on the BST and basically instantly regretted it. Today, I just bought it back, the exact same putter. It has exchanged hands at least 1 other time in a month too. I compared the hand milled face, other milling marks from my old pictures, the stamping and paint fill imperfections... I'm 99.9% sure it is the same one.

It's not the first time I've had a club leave me and find it's way home. I'm not talking about buying the same model after selling it, I've done that more times than I can count. It would have to be pretty unique to know for sure it was the same I'm guessing. It got me thinking about how often that happens in this type of community. I'd love to hear other's stories about how you've found a long lost love.

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V

Ball - Mizuno RB Tour X

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've attempted to buy a few things back that I've sold in the past.. That's why I've been hoarding for a while now. I learned that me selling stuff is generally a knee jerk reaction to poor play. "Doesn't matter that I hit 80% fairways in my last two rounds.. I had a bad day today. This sucker is outta here."

The same model stuff? I bet I've had 7-8 757x's, 3 oban devotions, two 2014 BBA drivers, and two sets of Apex Pro's.

I've seen some of my stuff for sale in the BST, and elsewhere before. I'm always tinkering with finishes and painfill, so it'd have to be a direct copy cat of the work I did to it if it wasn't mine.

I've attempted to buy a few things back that I've sold in the past.. That's why I've been hoarding for a while now. I learned that me selling stuff is generally a knee jerk reaction to poor play. "Doesn't matter that I hit 80% fairways in my last two rounds.. I had a bad day today. This sucker is outta here."

The same model stuff? I bet I've had 7-8 757x's, 3 oban devotions, two 2014 BBA drivers, and two sets of Apex Pro's.

I've seen some of my stuff for sale in the BST, and elsewhere before. I'm always tinkering with finishes and painfill, so it'd have to be a direct copy cat of the work I did to it if it wasn't mine.

Hoarding is the solution! I love it

Honey, I know I'm just going to end up buying this again (for more $)... me keeping all this stuff in the garage is actually saving us money :)

WITB
D - Taylormade SIM 2, Kuro Kage 60x
5w - Taylormade SIM 2 Max, HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70g 6.5

4h - Taylormade SIM Max, Speeder Tour Spec 9.3x

2i - Callaway XForged UT, Recoil ES 780 F5

5i-PW - Mizuno 921 HMP, Project X LZ 6.0

Wedges - Mizuno T20 49*, Taylormade TP EF 54*, Vokey 60* M Grind
Putter - Mizuno M-Craft V

Ball - Mizuno RB Tour X

Myself and Medicaptain had a Callaway FT5TH driver with a Diamana whiteboard in it that was sold back and forth between us like 3-4 different times. Eventually he sold it to Pro Clubs Direct, I almost bought it back again just for nostalgia sake.

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Tried the same thing just the other day. I asked the member I sold it to whether he had the set of irons I sold him and he said he ended up selling it himself.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

Bought a driver on ebay and tried it for a few rounds. Decided it wasn't for me and put it back on eBay for about $10 more with best offer. Same guy I bought it from bought it back. I can imagine he must have gotten​ pretty excited when he saw it listed back on eBay. Sent it to him in the same box with his return address still on it. I had buyers remorse and he must have had sellers remorse.

Bought a driver on ebay and tried it for a few rounds. Decided it wasn't for me and put it back on eBay for about $10 more with best offer. Same guy I bought it from bought it back. I can imagine he must have gotten​ pretty excited when he saw it listed back on eBay. Sent it to him in the same box with his return address still on it. I had buyers remorse and he must have had sellers remorse.

Haaa haaaa, that is a good one. You should have sold it without the head cover.

Cobra LTD 9* TP6HD
Cobra Big Tour 14.5* TP7HD 

Cobra F6 Baffler 19* Kiyoshi Purple

Wilson Staff Staff Blades 3-PW Recoil I95 stiff 

Wilson PMP 52/56 Raw

Titliest SquareBack LA 135 

Vice Pro+ Lime Green Goodness

I sold my Matrix Code 6 I think in 2013, & loosely looked for another one ever since...

Low and behold... I got it right back from the same WRX'er I sold it to 4 years later!!

Best part was, he had a Titleist tip installed on it, so it went right into my 917!!

:cheesy:

PING 410+ Alta 10.5
Callaway Flash SZ HZRDS Smoke 15*
TEE CBX 20*
PING i500 4-6, iBlade 7-PW DG S300 120’s
PING 2.0 Stealth 50ss 54ss 60ss
PING Redwood Anser

Don't worry Ron... I still own the 5-wood.... It's up on the mantle doing it's best impression of wall art

I've done this before. Most egregiously with a Callaway FT-3 driver that I absolutely bombed when I accidently hit it pure. I loved that driver. All my buddies would make fun of me, because it sounded horrible, like a tin can. When playing solo and joining other groups, even my new 4 hour friends would comment how lame my driver sounds. Eventually I tired of all the comments and traded it in to Roger Dunn and got into Adams drivers. Hitting RD twice a week perusing thru used equipment, I'd see my FT-3 in the Callaway barrel and give it a heavy sigh as took it out, put it down at address, then put it back in and keep walkin.

One month later during my RD visit, I wander past the Callaway barrel and sure enough, there she is. She's still there. This time, however, she's giving me the bird as I walk by. I ignore her. I actually feel bad for leaving her here for so long. She knows it too that's why she's flipping me off. Another month goes by and she's still there. I pull her out of the barrel, put her middle finger back down, put her down at address, then put her back in the barrel again and start to walk away. Here's where the F bombs started. She's going off on me saying how could you? How could you do this to me?? Saying she's gonna bend me over etc. Well I just had to buy her again and take her home with me. She was marked down a bit so that helped too. The whole way home she was yappin about me trading her in, i couldnt get home fast enough.

Put her back in the bag my next 3 rounds but she wasn't the same. Kept F bombing me in the middle of my backswing, yappin in my ear on short par 3's and putting, yes , jeez even while putting she wouldn't shut up. I kept her in my backup bag for the next year in the corner of my study room, she never saw the light of day. I think she's a lot happier now actually and we get along fine now after all these years. She sees some range time every now and then but since I don't play much anymore, I think we're both a lot happier.

Sounds like my wife

I've done this before. Most egregiously with a Callaway FT-3 driver that I absolutely bombed when I accidently hit it pure. I loved that driver. All my buddies would make fun of me, because it sounded horrible, like a tin can. When playing solo and joining other groups, even my new 4 hour friends would comment how lame my driver sounds. Eventually I tired of all the comments and traded it in to Roger Dunn and got into Adams drivers. Hitting RD twice a week perusing thru used equipment, I'd see my FT-3 in the Callaway barrel and give it a heavy sigh as took it out, put it down at address, then put it back in and keep walkin.

One month later during my RD visit, I wander past the Callaway barrel and sure enough, there she is. She's still there. This time, however, she's giving me the bird as I walk by. I ignore her. I actually feel bad for leaving her here for so long. She knows it too that's why she's flipping me off. Another month goes by and she's still there. I pull her out of the barrel, put her middle finger back down, put her down at address, then put her back in the barrel again and start to walk away. Here's where the F bombs started. She's going off on me saying how could you? How could you do this to me?? Saying she's gonna bend me over etc. Well I just had to buy her again and take her home with me. She was marked down a bit so that helped too. The whole way home she was yappin about me trading her in, i couldnt get home fast enough.

Put her back in the bag my next 3 rounds but she wasn't the same. Kept F bombing me in the middle of my backswing, yappin in my ear on short par 3's and putting, yes , jeez even while putting she wouldn't shut up. I kept her in my backup bag for the next year in the corner of my study room, she never saw the light of day. I think she's a lot happier now actually and we get along fine now after all these years. She sees some range time every now and then but since I don't play much anymore, I think we're both a lot happier.