2024 RBC Heritage WITB photos ×

Would you be upset? Purchased Shaft with Extension not knowing!

erjavicdesign

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the guy's posting.

Anyone who bought anything from a guy like that, needs to have his brain checked for damage.

The guy sounds like he usually sells vinyl siding or ginzu knives on Home Shopping Network.

"can't handle my heat"? Give me a break.

Then he proceeds to say it's perfect for someone with a 102 to 112 swing speed - I would love to see his 115 swing speed with his 40 inch hybrid shaft

I can respond now, for some reason initially I was only able to see this train wreck and not respond.

First off I don't respond well to being called a liar and deceptive at all, I don't know many who do.

Timelime-

I received the shafts from a TOUR VAN Nike rep, got 4 shafts 2 of which were the xts protos.

Sent him the shaft with the exact information I was given and no tampering or knowledge of any change. The guy who said I'd sell a three wood shaft as a driver shaft needs to look in the mirror and see if his rep on the forum and prior history all positive is worth 20 dollars.

I was told there was no extention by the guy who sold me so I was questioning the initial communication. I tried to get ahold of Parker, the guy I got the stuff from that night (same eve of complaint).

The next day I had baseball coaching and games sat morning with my son's and did not go through my texts or look at my phone with any intent at all until late after lunch with the children.

When I did, wow. I had 4 people text me and the op was one of them, texts from 630 am until 130 my time central with every allegation in the book because I hadn't responded on his timeline. He called me a liar and that since he had his phone on his wrist he know I could too??

Regardless, I don't think it's fair at all that so many keyboard jockeys jump to conclusions without looking at my posts and history = dumb. I did get ahold of Parker and he just said he didn't think there was an extension but it's been a few months.

I could care less about the money because getting the item back is perfectly fine. I don't care for the BS, and gifting is upon discretion of the people doing business and I've never been burned or burned anyone on this site, that's what makes this place worthy period.

I'll happily refund but I'll need an apology from the op. He received shaft extra speed delivery as requested in 1.5 days on Fri, called me a baseless liar and attacked me without rebuttal by noon on Saturday, not ok.

Well he finally responded... here it is:

"Holy sh#%!!! Just saw this full line of text now!!! Wtf??? You started texting me at 6am today???are you neurotic? It's literally the next day from receipt. Why would you assume I have seen everything your crazy a** has sent and not been at baseball games with my older son all morning, then lunch and now home?. You would try to tarnish another's full report based on your timelime without response? I should be ashamed??? The money??? I'm well off and can refund immediately but damage done huh as you wished at lighting speed."

So now he is trying to flip the script like I did something?? Interesting. Sure I get ti maybe I was demanding in a days worth of time... maybe he doesn't read his texts from 9pm-2pm the next day... but I'm not sure I believe that either.

The fact is he responded to me last night and told me he "didn't certify a return" and now that he has seen this link and the negative feedback the guy gets mad. I texted and texted last night with no response. Then again all morning with nothing. Of course I expect immediate action as I don't want this shaft that has a big piece of crappy plastic in the butt end.

Hmmm.

Hmmm, so it's not possible that a person does not look at his phone texts while preoccupied for one morning? On a Saturday? Coaching 12 7 year olds?

Yes, completely incalculable and purely full of malicious masterminding to pass of an extension and retire with the gifted funds into the sunset. It hurts to lay out my plan like this but I've been caught red handed.

I can respond now, for some reason initially I was only able to see this train wreck and not respond.

First off I don't respond well to being called a liar and deceptive at all, I don't know many who do.

Timelime-

I received the shafts from a TOUR VAN Nike rep, got 4 shafts 2 of which were the xts protos.

Sent him the shaft with the exact information I was given and no tampering or knowledge of any change. The guy who said I'd sell a three wood shaft as a driver shaft needs to look in the mirror and see if his rep on the forum and prior history all positive is worth 20 dollars.

I was told there was no extention by the guy who sold me so I was questioning the initial communication. I tried to get ahold of Parker, the guy I got the stuff from that night (same eve of complaint).

The next day I had baseball coaching and games sat morning with my son's and did not go through my texts or look at my phone with any intent at all until late after lunch with the children.

When I did, wow. I had 4 people text me and the op was one of them, texts from 630 am until 130 my time central with every allegation in the book because I hadn't responded on his timeline. He called me a liar and that since he had his phone on his wrist he know I could too??

Regardless, I don't think it's fair at all that so many keyboard jockeys jump to conclusions without looking at my posts and history = dumb. I did get ahold of Parker and he just said he didn't think there was an extension but it's been a few months.

I could care less about the money because getting the item back is perfectly fine. I don't care for the BS, and gifting is upon discretion of the people doing business and I've never been burned or burned anyone on this site, that's what makes this place worthy period.

I'll happily refund but I'll need an apology from the op. He received shaft extra speed delivery as requested in 1.5 days on Fri, called me a baseless liar and attacked me without rebuttal by noon on Saturday, not ok.

Maybe now you wil remove grips before listing shafts received from a 2nd party. You can't rely on " I was told ............."

The OP owes you nothing. You violated the BST terms of service and got called on it.

All that is required is a refund and a shipping ticket to resolve. No need to bring feelings into this, just live and learn.

I can't certify an apology when the grips were not removed to check for extensions or plugs before listing for sale in the BST.

You made an honest mistake listing a shaft without pulling a grip to verify no extensions were present.

Your actions after being informed of the extension speak louder than words. Nuff said.

PXG Gen4 0811 X 9
PXG Gen4 0341 X 5

Ping G410 19 Hybrid

PXG Gen4 4 Hybrid

Titleist T400 5-49W
Titleist Vokey SM7 56
Ping TR Nome

Dear Golfer from MO,

Threw the whole process you had very good response time to my texts and PMs. You shipped Priority Mail as I requested next day after a nighttime purchase and let me know that it should get to me by my requested day. I received the shaft with great packaging. Opened it up around 8pm and put it on the swing weight scale. It measured 45" but was weighing out to D0 with my heavy tour issue XR16 head. I then pulled the grip and found the extension as I had a good feeling being a club builder. I messaged you quickly and got the response of "I don't certify return" which is what prompted me to text and message continually til I got a response over the course of 18 hours. I then messaged the Mods here on GolfWRX and did exactly what they recommended. I have not doubted that you didn't know the extension was there. I have just questioned your lack of response and lack of refund. I may have not given you a fair shake on the time I allowed but please understand your initial response is what prompted me to be on edge. As far as calling you a liar, I have not. As far as being pushy over a period of 18 hours, I apologize. I am sorry for that. If you refund I feel you will be doing the right thing and will be making things right. At that point, I will reply to my feedback and say that you made things right... and will also talk with the Mods.

Thanks

Seems to me that this whole incident would have been avoided with a bit better communication and tolerance across the board. Personally I don't go there unless really pushed as it's better to give someone the benefit of the doubt and truthfully I simply don't need the stress that accompanies knee jerking stuff.

Timelime-

If I were the OP; no way would I give you an apology. The "I don't certify a return" line you dropped on him is what started this whole thing. If you really didn't care about the money, why did you ask him to gift, and why didn't you just tell him right out of the gate you'd take the shaft back? As far as deception; no one cares where you got the shafts from. And although unintentional, you did deceive the buyer.

TSR2 10 Ventus Blue velocore  6S
Paradym Ai Smoke 3D  Ventus Red velocore 7S
Apex '21 19 + 21  GD ADDI 85S
MP20 HMB 5-P Steelfiber S 110
SM9 50F, 55M, 60K Steelfiber S 95
Toulon Chicago

To answer your question, no. Extensions are common, more today than ever. When selling a shaft in secondary market, I state its current length, only. Intent isn't to be misleading. Fact, I often buy used shafts to test and never remove the grip or tape to notice 'if' there's an extension. Its not an issue regarding shaft performance or integrity... its just part of the secondary market, where shafts cost less.

If you don't remove the grip and state current length only, you should also state that length may or may not include an installed shaft extension. This statement is not misleading. Otherwise, intent or not, you are. It is not your place to absolutely declare no issue with performance or integrity and part of the secondary market.

No, it is NOT a requirement. You or any buyer does not determine my responsibility. I determine if there is anything that may affect its integrity, and if there is it won't be sold. Too many people have too many expectations, that they themselves do not willingly live up to. As I said in my other post, I buy lots of secondary market used shafts for testing. If I recall at least five had extensions, and that didn't bother me.

Sellers, like myself, post pics of what we're selling. If a buyer takes the time to ask and I know there's an extension, I will say so. But, I will not dismantle grip section to see. Doing so not only costs my time to drive to club builder 12 miles away, but his costs too. Its for his reason and others, I chose long time ago, not to sell on Golfwrx. And, I would NEVER gift.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

To answer your question, no. Extensions are common, more today than ever. When selling a shaft in secondary market, I state its current length, only. Intent isn't to be misleading. Fact, I often buy used shafts to test and never remove the grip or tape to notice 'if' there's an extension. Its not an issue regarding shaft performance or integrity... its just part of the secondary market, where shafts cost less.

If you don't remove the grip and state current length only, you should also state that length may or may not include an installed shaft extension. This statement is not misleading. Otherwise, intent or not, you are. It is not your place to absolutely declare no issue with performance or integrity and part of the secondary market.

No, it is NOT a requirement. You or any buyer does not determine my responsibility. I determine if there is anything that may affect its integrity, and if there is it won't be sold. Too many people have too many expectations, that they themselves do not willingly live up to. As I said in my other post, I buy lots of secondary market used shafts for testing. If I recall at least five had extensions, and that didn't bother me.

Sellers, like myself, post pics of what we're selling. If a buyer takes the time to ask and I know there's an extension, I will say so. But, I will not dismantle grip section to see. Doing so not only costs my time to drive to club builder 12 miles away, but his costs too. Its for his reason and others, I chose long time ago, not to sell on Golfwrx. And, I would NEVER gift.

I'm not sure what your personal opinions on shaft extension structural integrity have to do with the conversation.

Disclosure of shaft extensions actually is a requirement for selling here on the WRX BST. Has it's own numbered rule and everything. But then you go on to say you don't sell on Golfwrx.... so what the heck are you chiming in for? Do you not agree that the seller should refund the buyer on this transaction?

Toulon Chicago

I'm not sure what your personal opinions on shaft extension structural integrity have to do with the conversation.

Disclosure of shaft extensions actually is a requirement for selling here on the WRX BST. Has it's own numbered rule and everything. But then you go on to say you don't sell on Golfwrx.... so what the heck are you chiming in for??

I see too many whiny WRX buyers threads... I am not alone when saying there are a lot of people with good quality equipment that won't sell here because of those people and how they behave. Oh, and because I can. Have a good day.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° AD VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17° 2i Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i to 9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW, SM9 F52/12, M58/8, PX Wedge 6.0 120S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x

Disclosure of shaft extensions actually is a requirement for selling here on the WRX BST. Has it's own numbered rule and everything. But then you go on to say you don't sell on Golfwrx.... so what the heck are you chiming in for??

I see too many whiny WRX buyers threads... I am not alone when saying there are a lot of people with good quality equipment that won't sell here because of those people and how they behave. Oh, and because I can. Have a good day.

Of course you can; I knew you'd throw that in there.

However, having the actual experience of doing business here on WRX, with WRX BST rules in effect, has to have an impact on the quality of your opinion, I think. When there is a rule about disclosing extensions in shafts, the expectation is that it will be mentioned if there is one. Pretty simple.

Also; I really am interested to know if you think the buyer should have to refund the seller?

Toulon Chicago

Please continue to do so.

Im surprised at how many peeps don't change the grips on any used shafts they get. Am I the only one that throws a brand new grip on as soon as I get something used?

Cobra F9 TL 10.5 Atmos Black 7x
Cobra F8+ 3/4 &/or 5/6 Tour Blue 85x
Cobra F8 2H Element EarthX &/or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
Ping I210 5-PW LZ 6.0
Ping Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0

Some form of a Scotty, Betti, Spider

Im surprised at how many peeps don't change the grips on any used shafts they get. Am I the only one that throws a brand new grip on as soon as I get something used?

You are not. Using an old grip greased up with someone's stank palm sweat... if it's not in the same neighborhood as buying used shoes, it's on the same street.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

You are not. First thing that happens is take that grip off; even if it looks good.

Toulon Chicago

Why would you have to drive 12 miles to a club builder to cut a grip off? That is about as easy as tying your own shoes. Seems like a pretty weak argument if that is the excuse you are using.

Why would you have to drive 12 miles to a club builder to cut a grip off? That is about as easy as tying your own shoes. Seems like a pretty weak argument if that is the excuse you are using.

Pepper doesn't do that sort of menial work. He has people for things like that.

It's actually really easy to remove grips with a utility knife and a flaming $100 bill to help remove any tape residue. But, who really wants to risk a scratch or having to wash your hands afterwards when you have a guy 12 miles away to do the manual things which are beneath you?

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

Man you guys really jump to assumptions and make that assumption your rock hard 'truth'.

Ask OP, grip was like new. Also stated previously I had 2 of the same shafts, I did change the grip in my gamer and no extension.

My defense was up on return because I was told there were no extensions, none in mine and I've seen people pass off a similar shaft with issues and ask for a refund- here on this very site. The timing got my hackles up and degripping would have helped me there too.

I'm sure I'm the only one who has ever broken a bit rule without any intent so yes don't vote for me in the next primary. I trusted the source looked like a product I already had from the same source.

Spoke to a few guys op did biz with and he's legit and already refunded.

I hope you guys never get into a situation where piling on is in your worst interest as the lack of objectivity shown with a clean record low grade standing wrxer is sad. I do appreciate the people who answered honestly to an open situation.

So, this thread begs the question- why isn't the:

"Pullouts - please remove grip to make sure the shaft is not plugged or extended. Measure accurately. Provide tipping information if known."

rule enforced like other rules are in the BST? (And, I am fully aware that this question has been brought up here in the past.)

To be completely honest- I've sold mucho pull outs here with grips installed. The only time I've ever removed the grip when selling a shaft here, in any condition, is the one or two times I've bought a shaft used, swung it maybe one or two times (or not at all), and wanted to remove the grip before selling so I knew exactly what I was selling. Mostly to cover my a**, it had nothing to do with the rule.

I also once got an ad closed because I had 15 grips listed. I fully admit I was in the wrong... I just didn't read the rule very carefully. (If I read it at all.) I am just wondering why one is allowed and the other isn't. I've seen ads complained about here over selling shafts new, uncut. How closely to the letter is that rule followed? Or, is the "remove grips" rule kind of one of those rules that's only evoked when it absolutely has to be? Like traveling or carrying in the NBA?

Is there a reason sponsors would care less about this rule than other rules?