2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

If Evnroll...

justwellsy

...putters are so "awesome" and do so well in testing, why can't I find a single Pro that uses one?

Personally I hate the feel of these putters off the face and have never seen a single ball "work back toward the hole" on a mishit like they claim.

Over hyped?

I have this thought exactly as well but they do seem to get a lot of love on here.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52, 56, 60 Dynamic Gold S300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

Now I have the ER2 and have seen the ball move back towards center a few times. I'm a feel player and the only thing I've a problem with is the weight, and at 33" the 385gr head feels very heavy at times. Thinking of the 370gr or 355gr head with the Evnroll pistol grip, just don't know which one would feel the best.

I've never had an evnroll in hand, but I wouldn't be quick to judge the quality of a product by how many pros play it

My first judgement was made based off my feedback from using it. The heads are larger than I'm used to and they don't feel very good. It just seems funny to me that so many amateurs praise these putters and other sites have ranked them #1 in testing, yet I can't find any pros who use them. My thought is that the tech is aimed at helping people who don't putt very consistently, but may not be the correct feel for better putters.

They help golfers who miss the sweetspot on the putter ... and that eliminates most pros?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

Feel is very subjective. I love the feel of my ER2. To each his own. There's a reason they can't keep up with production. It's a damn good putter but no one putter is for everybody.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

Callaway 2007 X-Forged 5-PW/ PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 / Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2.5+ 

Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving

Putters are like taste in women, everyone has something they love or like better than something else. It doesn't make me wrong that I like brunettes and you like blondes. It makes our tastes different.

I don't know about the ball working back to the hole, what I do know is that I have an ER2, I like it. It is currently in my bag, my distance control is better than it was, I make more 3-8 footers than I used to. My mid range makes are still about the same. When my putting gets stale I break out something completely different(No.9) to swing it back around.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 3 Wood - Taylormade 300 Mini 13.5 - Ventus Purple X
  • 5 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X 
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • 5 - GW Cobra King Tour - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

Once they start making them with a plumber's neck, you'll see at least a few players on tour game them in a tournament. How long they will stay in the bag is anyone's guess.

I believe they are available for Pro's already with "optional necks". There is a picture of someone's visit to the office there for a custom fitting and one had a mid-slant looking neck on it. Remember Rife Putters made their inroads on the Champions and LPGA tours, I imagine EVNROLL will concentrate and start there as well. I am sure he will get in bags on all tours at some point. Remember some companies require you to play a putter of theirs in club contracts. Ping is one and I believe Callaway is that way as well now. Titleist may not require it but their is a big bonus for playing one. Big name guys can probably get out of it with some of the companies, except Ping. Ping requires the putter.

• Driver - Ping G430 Max 10k - Ventus Black 6X | Ping G430 LST 10.5 - Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI TX
  • 7 Wood - Ping G430 Max - Ventus Purple X | 4 iron - Srixon ZX4 MKII - Axiom 105X
  • SW - Cleveland RTX6 55* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X | LW - Vokey SM9T 60* - Fuji Tour Spec 115X
  • Putters - Odyssey #7 Knuckle Neck Proto | Odyssey Jailbird Versa Microhinge - Odyssey Tank DBOdyssey Jailbird Ai-One

...putters are so "awesome" and do so well in testing, why can't I find a single Pro that uses one?

Personally I hate the feel of these putters off the face and have never seen a single ball "work back toward the hole" on a mishit like they claim.

Over hyped?

Why do no pros play the EVNROLL putters? Why is TaylorMade #1 in driver count? Why do so many pros play Titleist balls? Why do so many pros play Cameron putters?

The answer to all of the above is: money

PGA Tour pros will not do anything without getting paid for it. The Senior Tour and LPGA pros don't seem to go quite as far in that regard.

It's nothing more than that.

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S -or- TEE CBX 17*, HZRDUS 85 6.0

2 iron:  Arias D-23, Modus3 120 S; Mizuno MP-20 HMB, NS Pro 950 R

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3), Wilson Triad

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

Over hyped?

Why do no pros play the EVNROLL putters? Why is TaylorMade #1 in driver count? Why do so many pros play Titleist balls? Why do so many pros play Cameron putters?

PGA Tour pros will not do anything without getting paid for it. The Senior Tour and LPGA pros don't seem to go quite as far in that regard.

While that is true to some extent. There are plenty of players who play putters that are not in line with their club contract. It's the one club most players are not willing to budge on. How many players on Callaway staff (Pre-Toulon) use or used Scotty Cameron putters? A bunch. They're going to use whatever works for them and may try to switch to their sponsor company but most end up going back.

My major point here is that I believe the tech in the Envroll putters is designed to help golfers who are bad putters. Scotty Cameron is ALWAYS near the bottom of the pack when it comes to data testing on other sites I will not name. Yet, so many pros use them because they are traditional and you know what you are getting. Scotty's putters aren't going to do a lot for you tech wise, but you know what you are getting when you buy one.

If Evnroll putters were truly that beneficial to EVERYONE, you'd see more (or any at all) using them.

Over hyped?

While that is true to some extent. There are plenty of players who play putters that are not in line with their club contract. It's the one club most players are not willing to budge on. How many players on Callaway staff (Pre-Toulon) use or used Scotty Cameron putters? A bunch. They're going to use whatever works for them and may try to switch to their sponsor company but most end up going back.

My major point here is that I believe the tech in the Envroll putters is designed to help golfers who are bad putters. Scotty Cameron is ALWAYS near the bottom of the pack when it comes to data testing on other sites I will not name. Yet, so many pros use them because they are traditional and you know what you are getting. Scotty's putters aren't going to do a lot for you tech wise, but you know what you are getting when you buy one.

If Evnroll putters were truly that beneficial to EVERYONE, you'd see more (or any at all) using them.

I bought mine because I loved the way it looked behind the ball. The fact that I'm missing fewer putts is a win win.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Over hyped?

While that is true to some extent.

Not trying to be snarky, but... it's not just "true to some extent." It's merely true.

There are plenty of players who play putters that are not in line with their club contract. It's the one club most players are not willing to budge on. How many players on Callaway staff (Pre-Toulon) use or used Scotty Cameron putters?

Putters are usually the "wiggle room" in the endorsement contract. Except for Ping, and that's one reason a fair number of players who would otherwise sign with Ping do not do so, because Ping insists they play a Ping putter.

The reason Callaway staffers are playing a Cameron, or look to be playing a Cameron, is because they're paid to. Acushnet pays better.

Same reason you'll not infrequently see TM drivers come out from under another company's headcover. TM pays better.

It might seem logical, but history shows otherwise. It's been demonstrated repeatedly that Tour Pros will, generally and collectively speaking, chase the money. With the occasional exception, they won't play a club unless they get paid for doing so.

Even if they do otherwise in the short term, eventually it will come back to the money.

Remember Ryan Moore and Scratch Golf? Or, going more exotic, remember Bob Estes and his use of the Louisville Smart Driver in PGA Tour events? Neither was a long term situation, they eventually got paid to play something else.

Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, Rogue Black 75X -or- TM Stage 2 Tour 3w, NV105 X -or- TEE E8 Beta 12*, Rogue Silver 70X

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; testing: Arias D-23 5i w/Modus 120 S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

NRJ....

I find the single club (generally driver or putter) usage outside of contract is only for clubs that are actually good. It's easy for a player to take money for playing an Epic or M series driver because they are the best on the market. These days, the better players are not going to game a Dunlop driver even if they pay double what TM or Cally would. Times are changing because the purses on tour are so huge now. Clothing contracts are paying out more and more money and less players are gaming a full bag of the same clubs. Of course there are exceptions and you'll mainly see them with the lower tier or up and coming players who have not yet made a lot of money.

My main point here is more about the benefits of the EVNROLL Technology for better players. Putting is probably the best part of my game and I find that Evnroll is not the best choice for me and have not found many better players who think differently. There's no harm in designing a putter aimed at people who need the most help... in fact, it's brilliant. But the pint I was trying to make is that the benefit is not there for the top tier of players because they mishit putts so infrequently and those mishit are still noticeably closer to center than the average amateur. It's fine if you like these putters and it helps your game, I was simply trying g state that I don't think it will ever catch on with the pros.

Btw, Martin Kaymer has used a Ping putter for the majority of his career even though he is a Taylormade guy. He recently switched to a TM blade because they've vastly improved their lineup. I think you can say the same for a vast majority of players using the TM spider putters. The fact they pay you to use it is great, but it's also just about the best putter on the market at the moment. If I had an extra $300 lying around I'd have one in my bag too.

The benefit won't be there for a top tier player wellsy. They could still win with a $29 putter from Walmart.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Well, quoting the interview present on another site that I probably shouldn't name:

“No one hits the sweet spot all the time; Pro’s mishit all the time. The capsule message we have going with this technology is that we eliminate the mishit. I jokingly say ‘it’s not my fault anymore.’ ”

I think it's obvious, generally speaking, that the EVNROLL would help the general public, even the WRX membership at large, more than it might the Tour Professionals. :)

Ping requires players to use their putter no ifs and or butts.

The other Companies are not as rigid. However much is based on the player and how good they are.

If Phil told Callaway I am playing with _____ Putter he can get away with it. Same thing probably for anyone in the top 50 World rankings at the time they sign their contract. Callaway does require some players to play Odyssey or Toulon putters. Kisner, has played an Odyssey most of his career (at least since I met him right out of college other than when he played a SSB Custom for two years) so I am not sure where the line is.

Bottom line is players have more leeway with putters than any other club. However EVNROLL has very little to no presence on the PGA tour so far. I know they have been to a couple of events, and they have spent a bunch of time on the Champions and LPGA tours. They have a win by a LPGA player. Rife putters started and really made their name on the LPGA and Champions tour, seems to reason they would start their this time around too. I do know a couple of PGA players have orders in for special EVNROLLS. The problem is EVNROLL cannot announce anything since they are not paying people.

Bottom line is players have more leeway with putters than any other club.

I'm not sure that is necessarily true. I think it depends more on how many clubs that player has written in their contract. Few brands make full 14 club deals with their players, I think only Ping and Nike did that. You see a bunch of players using an odd wedge, wood or hybrid as well.

Regarding Evnroll on tour, just wait a couple years. I believe they are already on the LPGA and the Champions Tour, but it will take a while longer before they reach the PGA Tour. They are still very new, but expanding fast.

I had an Evnroll ER1. It wasn't for me, too heavy and slow coming off the face, but it was still a very nice made milled putter. Tons of people, tour pro's included, are going to like these regardless of the groove technology.

I agree with the give it time sentiment. Evnroll is still an infant in the equipment world. I think they are rolling out some pretty interesting putters, even if the groove technology is as dramatic of an improvement for tour caliber players, these are still really solid putters. I have an ER6B and was impressed, but ultimately, the feel was just too soft for me personally and I left way to many putts short with it. That said, I'm still keeping the putter and was impressed with it enough that I will give it another shot down the road.

I recently picked one up an ER2. One thing i noticed is the feedback. Feel is obviously subjective but i can tell you if you hit it low, high, left or right it will feel different. Sweet spot is just that, sweet. Miss it and you feel it, but you are not punished as much. By the way the groves do not curve the ball, they simply control the distance on miss toe or heel hits. My understanding is the theory is no matter where you hit it on the face the distance control will be consistent. I can say the 2 dots thing works though, but not because of curve, just because as a whole we tend to miss putts low, hit it on the toe it starts more right( left breaking putts) and vice versa. As far as why you dont see more, i guarantee if you paid someone the same to play a SC or a Evnroll, the putter count would be fairly close. Even the playing field and they would be in play, they are easily that good.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-P Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 48

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Geez this is a brand new company. WTF. The fact that they have generated this much interest this fast is pretty incredible especially since it's not a cheap putter. The putter seems to work well for a lot of people. But I could see how if you weee used to a crappy Cameron you would not like it.

F9 driver
king LTD 3 wood
F6 hybrid. vts silver
Z565. recoil 95
Pur wedges
Piretti Matera

I contacted their marketing person a couple months ago to ask who on tour was playing their putters. They said there were a number of players on tour using them, but they couldn't tell me who since they were not paying them. Seemed a bit odd to me having been a former PR/Marketing guy. They could simply say player X, while not a staff member, is currently using our putter.

They probably don't have the player's permission to use their name to advertise their product.

Your correct, but my inquiry has nothing to do with advertising, I simply asked who plays them. Besides, Playing their putter in a televised golf tournament makes it an obvious discovery that they should be able to discuss based on a direct request for information.