2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Tour AD-GP or Tour AD-TP??

GoPios25

Loving my M2 Tour 3-wood and M2 5-wood with the AD GP 7X blacks in them.

Super high performance for someone with an aggressive tempo and fast swing.

If I had to compare them to another shaft, I'd say they feel stouter and more muscular than an AD-TP (if that makes any sense).

They also launch lower than AD TP. Really depends on your game. I like to hit mid-launch bombs and am naturally a high ball hitter. So the AD GP works perfect for me.

This is the first time I've been able to own these shafts and play them for an extended period of time. I bought them once before, and sold them right away. But that wasn't the shafts fault and I was just dumb enough back then to think equipment should lower my handicap. Now that I'm giving them a fair shake, they're right there with any shaft I've ever played.

Dispersion is super tight, probably only second to the AD BB. Distance and ball speeds howeever are as good as any fairway woods I've ever hit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M2 Tour 3 wood with the AD GP 7 is quickly become my favorite 3 wood ever!

That is great to know. I'm going to play with the current shaft (speeder 757 ts) in my M2 Tour one more time, and then will probably install the AD-GP 8TX and see what happens.

I don't get as much lift off the deck as I would like but I might hit it off the deck 1x per round, this is mostly a tee club for me.

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

Has anyone seen a 2017 Tour Version T3 13* out there? Would love to get my hands on one....

Callaway Triple Diamond LS 9* | Diamana D Limited 60tx

Titleist TSi3 15* | Ventus TR 7x

Titleist TSi3 18* | Ventus TR 8x
Srixon ZX7 4-p | DG x100
Vokey SM8 50|54|58 - DG x100
Scotty Newport 2
TP5x 

I hit the GP and TP on trackman and thought the GP was a terrible shaft for what its worth. I have a fast transition with around 116-120mph SS and the GP was all over the place while the TP was with me the whole swing. What it really comes down to is the user and testing.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

I took my F7+ with GP 6X to a Trackman fitting and the fitter couldn't find anything that could beat that club for me. (The Speeder Platinum is so freaking smooth, didn't work for me but it's best feeling shaft Ive ever hit. I am a Fuji guy however ) I have a 7X coming to try in my 3 wood.

J13 I have a Atmos Black 7X that you would love. Too much shaft for me but someone with your swing speed would kill it.

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

Also 3 wood tipping? I've seen some people say no way, but website says 1/2 inch for 3 woods. Did you guys tip your 3 woods?

I took my F7+ with GP 6X to a Trackman fitting and the fitter couldn't find anything that could beat that club for me. (The Speeder Platinum is so freaking smooth, didn't work for me but it's best feeling shaft Ive ever hit. I am a Fuji guy however ) I have a 7X coming to try in my 3 wood.

J13 I have a Atmos Black 7X that you would love. Too much shaft for me but someone with your swing speed would kill it.

Hey Axman, I also had success with Tour AD TP in F7+ but recently switched to Atmos Red 6X. It performs exactly as described. Have you tried Red?

Hey Axman, I also had success with Tour AD TP in F7+ but recently switched to Atmos Red 6X. It performs exactly as described. Have you tried Red?

I am afraid the Atmos red would launch too high and spin too much for me. I have a Atmos Black 6X as well as the 7X (yes I have a problemøŸ˜¬). I bought both because everything I read said it was the new version of the Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 VC which has been my go to shaft for years. However Atmos seems to preform differently for me than the Speeder. Also, with my first time on Trackman I learned a ton about my driver swing. I do not have a problem with launch. Spin is my enemy due to a negative AoA (-1.5 and sometimes more) no shaft is gonna fix that... some of spin numbers were in the 4500-5000s with a 14-15 degree launch on some swings. This totally explains why I am 1 to 2 clubs longer than guys who hit their driver past me and thus answers my quest on why I can't find the right shaft. The GP works for now (reasonable launch and spin under 3500) until I can fix that AoA, then I will try and get back on Trackman and get a proper shaft fitting. (Having said that I have a Rogue limited 125 on the way because I liked it so much during the fitting, yes I have a problemøŸ˜¬).

I've recently switched to AD-TP's from GP's. Much happier with TP. Feel is better and it seems like I'm getting dead center hits more often than with the GP.

Titleist TSR3 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6X

Taylormade Stealth 2 15* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Callaway Apex UW 19* - Ventus TR Blue 8X

Titleist T200 4i - Axiom 105X

Titleist T100 5-PW KBS Tour 130X
Titleist Vokey SM9 Raw 50/56/60 - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Circle T Tour Rat Newport

A fan of the TP here as well... Atmos Blue is my 2nd favorite of the season thus far, but something Judge 440 said rang true for me as well. It just seems like my strikes are more often centered with the TP.

Titleist TSR3 10* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR3 14.5* GD AD IZ 7X

Titleist T200 3 iron GD AD DI HY

Titleist T150 4-PW DG Tour White

Titleist Vokey 48*, 54*, 60* DG Tour Issue

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I am afraid the Atmos red would launch too high and spin to much for me. I have a Atmos Black 6X as well as the 7X (yes I have a problem) I bought both because everything I read said it was the new version of the Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 VC which has been my go to shaft for years. However, Atmos seems to preform differently for me than the Speeder. Also with my first time on Trackman I learned a ton about my driver swing. I do have not problem with launch. Spin is my enemy due to a negative AoA (-1.5 and sometimes more) no shaft is gonna fix that... some of spin numbers were in the 4500-5000s with a 14-15 degree launch on some swings. This totally explains why I am 1 to 2 clubs longer than guys who hit their driver past me and thus answers my quest on why I can't to find the right shaft. The GP works for now (reasonable launch and spin under 3500) until I can fix that AoA, then I will try and get back on Trackman and get a proper shaft fitting. (Having said that I have a Rogue limited 125 on the way because I liked it so much during the fitting, yes I have a problem).

Axman, if spin is your issue...you need to try an Agera. That'll lower your spin but still be playable. Check it out. I love the shaft but I've for launch issues. Might be perfect fit for you?

I am afraid the Atmos red would launch too high and spin to much for me. I have a Atmos Black 6X as well as the 7X (yes I have a problem) I bought both because everything I read said it was the new version of the Speeder Tour Spec 6.2 VC which has been my go to shaft for years. However, Atmos seems to preform differently for me than the Speeder. Also with my first time on Trackman I learned a ton about my driver swing. I do have not problem with launch. Spin is my enemy due to a negative AoA (-1.5 and sometimes more) no shaft is gonna fix that... some of spin numbers were in the 4500-5000s with a 14-15 degree launch on some swings. This totally explains why I am 1 to 2 clubs longer than guys who hit their driver past me and thus answers my quest on why I can't to find the right shaft. The GP works for now (reasonable launch and spin under 3500) until I can fix that AoA, then I will try and get back on Trackman and get a proper shaft fitting. (Having said that I have a Rogue limited 125 on the way because I liked it so much during the fitting, yes I have a problem).

Axman, if spin is your issue...you need to try an Agera. That'll lower your spin but still be playable. Check it out. I love the shaft but I've for launch issues. Might be perfect fit for you?

Thanks! I will add it to my list!

Had a Fuji Atmos Black 7TX already :D It didn't make the cut

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Also 3 wood tipping? I've seen some people say no way, but website says 1/2 inch for 3 woods. Did you guys tip your 3 woods?

Also curious on this. I'm leaning towards tipping mine .5 inch, but curious what others have done.

yes on tipping 3 wood shaft. I missed a fairway a few weeks back and was in shock. 108ss. GP shaft best I've ever played and been doing it for 40 years now but get fit as everyone is different for example the DI which many rave about was disastrous for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas,

Quick review of 3W performance with TP-8X. Cally XR 3Deep @ 42.25" tipped 1".

This shaft is referred to as a AD-DI on steroids and although I slightly agree, it is noticeably more stout with still satisfying but less pronounced kick. It can truly hang with the biggest of hitters but is playable enough for medium transitions too.

I'm getting true mid flight / low spin with this setup. It is not as workable as I hoped, but it is a very straight shaft. It flat out performs in the wind as well, significant improvement from my previous shaft (Kai'li 80X). Distance is top tier as well. I've gained only 3-4 carry yards but Im getting better spin numbers and leading to decent rollout on tee balls. The switch was well worth it for me.

I'm most surprised with how stable this shaft feels, but in a non harsh way.

It's awesome in 3W, I definitely recommend it. I would advise tipping it a bit less than usual, it plays plenty stiff, does not need excessive tipping like a DI. I think Graphite Design hit the mark with this shaft, it slots perfectly between a DI and a GP - giving you a bit of each and forming a truly unique shaft in their lineup.

I will comment on driver and 5W performance (check my witb) when I've had more time for testing on course/range

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so this is my first go with a graphite design shaft. I've hit more Mitsubushi and Aldila shafts, and also some Matrix and Fujikura shafts. I put a GP 8TX in my 3-wood and have a few rounds with it so far. Some might say it is a little "boardy", but those type of shafts are more along the profile of shafts I tend to play. To me the shaft just feels stable from butt to tip, without feeling harsh in any way. The golf ball seemed to hold its line very well. With stiffer shafts, sometimes you may have to worry about lower launch, but I never had an issues. My friend even hit a few with it and had a nice mid launch without any ballooning. Some of the launch may have been helped by the fairway wood (2017 M2 Tour 15 degree), which is fairly easy to launch in my opinion. I wasn't swinging all that well, but even with some bad swings I never noticed the golf ball curve that much. It almost stayed where it started or had a little movement to it.

So far I'm very impressed with the GP and it will stay in my fairway wood. Never hit the AD TP, so no comparison to that shaft.

Ok, so this is my first go with a graphite design shaft. I've hit more Mitsubushi and Aldila shafts, and also some Matrix and Fujikura shafts. I put a GP 8TX in my 3-wood and have a few rounds with it so far. Some might say it is a little "boardy", but those type of shafts are more along the profile of shafts I tend to play. To me the shaft just feels stable from butt to tip, without feeling harsh in any way. The golf ball seemed to hold its line very well. With stiffer shafts, sometimes you may have to worry about lower launch, but I never had an issues. My friend even hit a few with it and had a nice mid launch without any ballooning. Some of the launch may have been helped by the fairway wood (2017 M2 Tour 15 degree), which is fairly easy to launch in my opinion. I wasn't swinging all that well, but even with some bad swings I never noticed the golf ball curve that much. It almost stayed where it started or had a little movement to it.

So far I'm very impressed with the GP and it will stay in my fairway wood. Never hit the AD TP, so no comparison to that shaft.

Thanks for the review. I've been gaming my GP for a few weeks now and have been impressed. Seems easy to load and the harder I swing the better it performs. Makes me really want to get a GP for my 3W.

Now I'll shamelessly put this here:

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I just picked up the TP 6X. My SS is usually between 108 to 111 mph. It is installed straight in on a 915 D2 and I just hit it at the range last night. It feels very smooth to me and I am glad I didn't go with the stiff as the X feels like it is more between stiff and x-stiff. I will be hitting it on a trackman this week and I look forward to the numbers. It appeared to fly higher and carry farther than my speeder 757 (stiff) and with similar spin as it rolled out... trackman will confirm that. I would say that based on my initial range session the TP lives up to the mid-high launch and low spin shaft that feels smooth. I did hit my son's DI 6X in his 917 D2 and it had a very similar flight but with a bit less roll out. I really like the extra carry distance the TP gives me and I anticipate the trackman numbers will support a bit longer total distance as well.

Titleist TSR2 10 deg with Ventus TR Blue 6

Titleist TSR2+ 14.5 deg 3 wood with Ventus TR Blue 7

Titleist TSR2  18 deg 5 wood with Ventus TR Blue 7

Wilson Staff CB 4-PW with DG mid 115 

Wedges ?? 

Scotty Cameron Champions choice Newport 2+ @ 34 inches

Pro V1 

Thanks for the review. I've been gaming my GP for a few weeks now and have been impressed. Seems easy to load and the harder I swing the better it performs. Makes me really want to get a GP for my 3W.

Great numbers. I'm going to play some more with the 8TX, and then might put a 7X in my driver. I agree with you about swinging harder, as I often go at it pretty hard with an aggressive transition, and the GP appears to be able to stand up to aggressive swings.

Great numbers. I'm going to play some more with the 8TX, and then might put a 7X in my driver. I agree with you about swinging harder, as I often go at it pretty hard with an aggressive transition, and the GP appears to be able to stand up to aggressive swings.

Based on the numbers with my driver and the way the shaft feels I have every reason to believe it would be great in a 3W. I'd be tempted to go 8TX as well.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I picked up a TP 7x recently but haven't been able to hit due to a foot injury, but I don't know if it's been tipped or not. Does anyone know what it is from the end of a TM adapter to the first ring for an untipped TP shaft? Really hoping the heavier weight of the shaft brings more consistency even though I'm not as long as lot of guys on here.

• 1 month later...

Any of you guys rocking a GP in a 2017 M2? If so, how do you like it. I recently sold my 9.5 915D2 to try and gain a few yards with the M2. Should I stick with the 9.5 or maybe try the 10.5 or is there a new shaft out there I should be looking for that pairs well with the M2 head? I never got a chance to hit the 915D2 and M2 side by side. Thanks guys!

TSI3 9 Pro White
TSI2 15  Pro White

TSI2 18  Pro Blue/MIZUNO FLI-HI 3 Iron Pro White
PXG 0311T P-7/0311P 6-4
VOKEY SM7 RAW 52F 08
VOKEY SM7 RAW 56S 10
VOKEY SM7 RAW 60L 04
CAMERON NEWPORT 2/CAMERON 6M
PRO V1X

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone compared the Tour AD TP 6 against the LTD Diamana D+ 70? Feel like these are two really similar shafts, but I don't know much about shafts. All I know is one costs quite a bit more than the other. I really liked the Tour AD TP 6X but couldn't justify spending an extra $200 for the upcharge over the D+70S. Someone help me justify it.

I've played a Motore Speeder 7.2 TS in my R1, R15 and '16 M1 since 2012. Love that shaft, boardy tip stiff and heavy, usually point and shoot accurate as well. Just took delivery of a '17 M2 with the TP6 in it. My thoughts are this it performs equal in launch and spin numbers but you can definitely feel it load and kick, in other words, I say I don't have to work as hard with this shaft vs. the Speeder. Would love to see how it compares to the new Atmos though. Was never a fan of the DI series as it felt too soft and spun too much.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

I've played a Motore Speeder 7.2 TS in my R1, R15 and '16 M1 since 2012. Love that shaft, boardy tip stiff and heavy, usually point and shoot accurate as well. Just took delivery of a '17 M2 with the TP6 in it. My thoughts are this it performs equal in launch and spin numbers but you can definitely feel it load and kick, in other words, I say I don't have to work as hard with this shaft vs. the Speeder. Would love to see how it compares to the new Atmos though. Was never a fan of the DI series as it felt too soft and spun too much.

The GP is closer to the .2 TS lineup in terms of feel since it's tip stiff and has that boardier feel. The TP, As someone else described, is the DI on steroids. A little firmer in the tip but it kills spin and feel great still.

I really want to try the AD TP 6S/7S. Has anyone found them to be whippy at all? Their middle of the road torque specs are right in my preference zone.

I went from the DI to the TP and it is what I would consider smack dab in the middle of the DI and the GP in terms of "whippy." I have a low/mid flight with a medium tempo and the TP was perfect. I wanted to like the GP but it was too low launching for me but I know it is great for some. I have historically preferred a tighter feeling shaft like the GP but the TP was perfect in launch and feel.