P2 Putter Grip-Anyone using one?? (merged)

Saw those P2 grips featured at Day 1 today...Very interesting concept. Haven't heard much about them....Anyone use/try it yet and if so feedback you can give?

Gracias!

I've got the p2 aware and classic models, I'll never use anything else. Made a big splash last year and are getting stellar reviews again at this years show. made showstoppers on this site.

Jess

Great grip, holds up better than most also.

Saw these and I want to try one. Where are they for sale? THX

Never mind the old guy used google..and it works..LOL

Ping g430 10K w/ Ventus Red 6-S

TaylorMade iq10 3 Wood w/ TD-70-S

TaylorMade Stage2 Tour 19* Fujikura Tour Spec VC 6.2

Mizuno Fli hi 4-w/Steelfiber 80-S

Mizuno 225, 5-PW with Modus 105-S

SM8. 52* & 58* TM High Toe

Lab Mezz...46”

Jones Players Bag
Titleist ProV1/ 

• 4 weeks later...

Shop had a couple demos out. The bigger one was realllllllyyy heavy. Likes the shape of it though. Was not a fan of the skinny wide ones

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

• 3 weeks later...

Saw those P2 grips featured at Day 1 today...Very interesting concept. Haven't heard much about them....Anyone use/try it yet and if so feedback you can give?

Gracias!

Meanwhile I had the chance to make two side by side comparisons, on different days, with the same putter heads, but with different grips, on my putting mat:

As you can see on the usage traces on the SuperStroke grip - I used this putter quite often...

The P2 grip is the heavy version with about 173 g (6.1 oz).

On both occasions, the putter with the P2 grip attached gave me the better directional, and the better distance control - this was, despite I was used to use the putter with the SuperStroke grip!

In my opinion, the idea behind the P2 grips works amazingly well.

-

This test finally convinced me, that the grip is more important, than the face of the putter.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Gracias!

Meanwhile I had the chance to make two side by side comparisons, on different days, with the same putter heads, but with different grips, on my putting mat:

As you can see on the usage traces on the SuperStroke grip - I used this putter quite often...

The P2 grip is the heavy version with about 173 g (6.1 oz).

On both occasions, the putter with the P2 grip attached gave me the better directional, and the better distance control - this was, despite I was used to use the putter with the SuperStroke grip!

In my opinion, the idea behind the P2 grips works amazingly well.

-

This test finally convinced me, that the grip is more important, than the face of the putter.

This is awesome. Been trying to preach the P2 since I put one one my putter a couple of years ago. These guys are here to stay in my opinion.

Yeah, the weight of them is what is holding me back. I do see they have a tour version coming out in April that weigh between 55-70g I believe which would be ideal so I might have to wait for those to release

The p2 tours are out and about fifty percent lighter, some are a little more like sixty percent lighter. Pretty cool and worth a go for sure.

• 2 months later...

I saw these grips at the PGA show this year and while the science piqued my interest I was most impressed with the shape of the Aware model. I have a really strange and unorthodox putting grip and this grip just felt so perfect to me. I almost bought one at the show but didn't love the color choices so I waited for the tour versions in black. I kind of forgot about them and have been having great success with the Tour Snsr 104 since it came out last year. Fast forward and I ordered a new O Works Black #2W and knew I'd pull the grip right away. I remembered about the P2 and figured now was the time to give it a shot. It's hard to explain the feeling and I almost still have a hard time figuring it out how it all works but, my putting stroke immediately feels 100% more natural with this grip. Just the way the putter swings and releases is effortless. I feel like I don't have to consciously control the putter face at all and it hits center every time. Like I said, I bought this grip for the shape but I think the technology may really be the real deal!

Anyone have the React Tour and can give me a some thickness measurements? Wondering how the size compares to the PP60 from Ping

Taylormade Sim 9° (set to 7°) - Fuji 53k X 

Cobra Rad Speed Tour 5 Wood 16° - Speeder 757 Evo TS X

Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125 S+
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120 S
Srixon z785 5-PW - KBS TourV X

Cleveland ZipCore 50° - Tour S400
Ping Glide Pro Forged 54°/ Eye Toe 59°  - Tour S400
Seemore mFGP2 
Podcast - "Rough Fairways - A Journey to the PGA Tour" available on Spotify - Pandora - Apple

• 4 weeks later...

I just got a tour aware grip and I must say, I am a huge fan so far. I've got 2 rounds in and I feel so comfortable over the ball. My hands are definitely in a different position than I'm used to it but it feels perfect. I just ordered another for my backup putter too.

Taylormade 17 M2 D Type with Ahina 70s
Ping G30 14.5 stiff
Cleveland Mashie 18 hybrid
Ping I E1 4-uw. Modus 105 stiff
Ping 54, 58 Tour S
Taylormade DJ Spider Tour

I just got a tour aware grip and I must say, I am a huge fan so far. I've got 2 rounds in and I feel so comfortable over the ball. My hands are definitely in a different position than I'm used to it but it feels perfect. I just ordered another for my backup putter too.

Does it change the feel of your Spider (vs say a SuperStroke GTR?). I just received a P2 Aware Tour and it looks a bit funky...

Does it change the feel of your Spider (vs say a SuperStroke GTR?). I just received a P2 Aware Tour and it looks a bit funky...

I have been a gtr tour user since it came out. That was my favorite superstroke that I had used and I have used some form of them on my putters for at least 5 years. The p2 doesn't change the feel of the putter in my mind but it does change the way your hands sit. Best way I can explain it is to me it makes me feel my hands are more upright than they used to be and your arms and putter are all one piece. It's kinda hard to explain until you try it on an actual putter. I'm glad I tried it and worst case scenario is you throw the old one back on if you don't like it.

Ping G30 14.5 stiff
Ping 54, 58 Tour S

I have been a gtr tour user since it came out. That was my favorite superstroke that I had used and I have used some form of them on my putters for at least 5 years. The p2 doesn't change the feel of the putter in my mind but it does change the way your hands sit. Best way I can explain it is to me it makes me feel my hands are more upright than they used to be and your arms and putter are all one piece. It's kinda hard to explain until you try it on an actual putter. I'm glad I tried it and worst case scenario is you throw the old one back on if you don't like it.

Then...on it goes :-) Thanks!

For whatever reason, I've had the best putting seasons of my life the last two years. So my stroke and distance control have been good already. That disclaimer aside, the P2 Aware Tour has given me more confidence putting than I've ever had in my life. I will again admit that the shape of the grip fits my awkward putting grip very well so I like the shape but, it's made my stroke and release feel so natural I just can't get enough of it. It's almost hard to explain the difference but, it's noticeable right away. I hope you guys love it as much as I do, please report back. I would really like to see these get more attention because I think they really have something. I did recommend it to one friend who is a teaching pro and coaches several LPGA players and other high level players. The first week he put the grip on he played in a tournament that weekend. He reported back that he had 24 putts and took home $1000 cash. Unfortunately, I did not receive a cut.

Edit: It's also a welcomed bonus that they are so light at only 51g. I prefer a heavier head and at 33" sometimes it's hard to achieve the feel I like as I played at 110g Tour Snsr grip for the last two seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying one now and I do like the way the shaft enters the grip but overall I don't like the grip shape and the way it sits in my hands. I am using the Aware Tour. I know they make different sizes/shapes so maybe another size will feel better.

Thanks I also think that I should have gone with a smaller grip.. Does get the ball to the hole.. But I think it is too big for my small hands.. Will put it thru a couple more rounds before I change any thing.

Gil Leonard

I have the aware tour on all 3 of my putters now. Coming from the gtr pistol tour and I love them. My hands and the angle they sit at feel way more comfortable over the ball now. I imagine we will see them grow over time maybe even to super stroke level.

Ping G30 14.5 stiff
Ping 54, 58 Tour S

I just put a p2 aware tour on my putter and it feels great. my wrists feel like they're in a much more naturally oriented position. However, the installer noticed and now I notice that the "surface" of the putter grip seems to be separating or bubbling from the inner core foam, near the top of the flat spot. I don't feel it when I grip as normal, but if I push on it, there's a definite bubble there. he said it made it seem like the grip wasn't straight when you look down it.

I contact p2 to see if that's warrantied but I am wondering if anyone else has had that experience.