Any Callaway FT-3 Fusion fans? Tell us what you like about the driver

easyyy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still the number one driver for me.... has took on all comers so far...not the most forgiving but has the hottest face so far ..for me.

last 2 it beat were Tourstage 435 and X460 Tour... next is Hi-bore

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

agree with what Champ says...go up in loft.. mine is 9.5 but spec to 11 degree and 2* open and I hit it like other 9.5 degree drivers.

good thing 10.5 Tours are coming retail this year from what I hear, because there is a need.

This club just leaves me conflicted... I like (in no particular order) the Nike 460, the Bstone 460, the Cleveland 460, and then this is like way behind... maybe Im missing something...

dont blame the club site... ho's are always conflicted :drinks:

I like this head alot - FT3 Tour 9.5*, reshafted with Accra Tour 60 M4.

Shape is typical of Callaway....like the fat end of an egg. Face angle 0.5* closed, loft dead on spec.

Face area is relatively small given the large displacement.

Sound is not nearly as offensive/unusual as I thought it would be - in my judgement as a picky audiophile type of guy. Mine emitted a rather muted doink at an enclosed range and rather less on the course.

The head seems exceedingly stable on any kind of hit. Distance and trajectory seems similar to other top heads biased alittle low. I have no problem using a J33R 9.5* for reference. This is based on hitting a 9.5* demo with NVS65 Stiff. Mine has seen very little mileage...most of it as a jalopy due to my on course swing issue. LOL

Overall I prefer my J33R for now but interestingly, at the range using a PureFlight swingspeed monitor, the Callaway consistently produced ballspeeds 2-4mph faster than the J33R.

I cannot say enough positive things about this club. Very long, and I find it to be very forgiving. I know some players don't feel it is, but I find it more forgiving than my 983K or my Launcher 460. I did swap out the stock shaft, just felt too light plus I'm a shaft whore. I love the sound of this club. There are 1,000 drivers on the market that sound like breaking glass, and ONE that sounds like a cork popping. I gues I like that it's different. Beautiful high power fades all day off the 11* neutral head. Just smooth it & watch it bomb. Demo this stick & you will be reaching for your wallet.

Callaway Paradym  9*  Kai Li White
Callaway Paradym  15*  Kai Li Red

Callaway Paradym  20*  Kai Li Red

Ping G425  22*  Alta CB
Ping G425  26*  Alta CB

Ping G425  30*  Alta CB
Ping G425   7 - SW   KBS C-Taper Lite
Odyssey Tank Marxman
Callaway ERC Soft Yellow

I wanted to try this driver. I still very much like the looks of it, but they took 2 months to almost deliver a custom shaft on mine so I said forget it. I'm sure I'll try one out this year, I love the looks, but I am floored at their stock shaft offering...they don't even offer an X flex in their top of the line??? Give me a break.

Aerojet LS 9*

STG 15*

Pro FliHi 19*

223 4-PW 

T5 50*

T22 56*

T22 60* 

Phantom X 12.5

I've played this club for a bout a full season.

It may not be the best look due to unconventional design and may not be the best sound due to construction and material but w/ the right shaft...this driver can be a monster of the tee.

I've make enough people stunt over the set up i have. Johnny can probably agree w/ that LOL! :drinks:

Low spin just like Champ says , w/ the right shaft combo to get the right launch angle and spin rate...I've seen the smash factor went to a crazy spot.

JOe

Good info guys. I almost bought an FT-3 a month or so ago, I bought the SQ instead. Since golf season is not even here yet I still wonder if I made the right choice. There is a good possibility that a FT-3 will be in my possession soon, god knows I really don't need another driver but the ho urge continues. :drinks:

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

I've been thru 4 different combo's of this driver and I just can't consistenly dial it in. When I'm on it's the best driver I've ever hit for accuracy and explosive distance. When I'm off I struggle across the board. I really think I need to go up to 10.5 but that of course is not yet available. Anyone have an ETA for the Tour 10.5 FT-3?

Good info guys. I almost bought an FT-3 a month or so ago, I bought the SQ instead. Since golf season is not even here yet I still wonder if I made the right choice. There is a good possibility that a FT-3 will be in my possession soon, god knows I really don't need another driver but the ho urge continues. :drinks:

3,2,1 ... did you get it yet? :crazy: That is how it works for me somethimes. Then I get both and have a battle royal at the range till one rises to the top.

i'd definitly recomend it also. I had always used titleists in the past since the 975d,975j, &983k. When they released the 905t i tried it but never liked it so i had a look at some of the others. The distance combined with the forgiveness made the FT-3 a clear winner for me. The sound takes a bit of getting used to sure but you can't argue with results.

I'll try the 905r when i get a chance but it's going to have to be something special to make me give up the FT-3

3,2,1 ... did you get it yet? :crazy: That is how it works for me somethimes. Then I get both and have a battle royal at the range till one rises to the top.

Not yet, going to have another look tonight, not looking good for the bank account!

TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

This club is just OK. I had the 9* Neurtral with a YS-7 X-Stiff. I wasn't a big fan of the look of the club at set-up. The face was too closed. I probalbly should have gotten the Tour model. Also, the impact felt soft and dead. I did have very good distance with this club, but no consistency. I just went to the X460 Tour and am having much more success with this model. Better feel, sound, trajectory, and accuracy. Still, the FT-3 is not a bad choice.

This club is just OK. I had the 9* Neurtral with a YS-7 X-Stiff. I wasn't a big fan of the look of the club at set-up. The face was too closed. I probalbly should have gotten the Tour model. Also, the impact felt soft and dead. I did have very good distance with this club, but no consistency. I just went to the X460 Tour and am having much more success with this model. Better feel, sound, trajectory, and accuracy. Still, the FT-3 is not a bad choice.

Damn, another club added to the mix! :drinks: How does it compare distance wise to the FT-3?

TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

I saw above that someone mentioned a 10.5 Tour is coming out. Does anyone know the timeline for this offering?

sorry dont know the timeline, but I have seen a few 10.5 with stock NVS's..with serial number...so they are out there.

I've got a 9 degree, stiff shaft, neutral configuration. I am still trying to figure it out. If I catch it just right, its really long. I wish I would have known about the low spin vs. going up a degree or so in loft. That may explain some of the inconsistancy. Why doesn't the manufacturer tell you about that? I do love the sound and feel of it - agree with other folks - get tired of the car crash sound of some of the Ti heads.

I've played this club for a bout a full season.

It may not be the best look due to unconventional design and may not be the best sound due to construction and material but w/ the right shaft...this driver can be a monster of the tee.

I've make enough people stunt over the set up i have. Johnny can probably agree w/ that LOL! :crazy:

Low spin just like Champ says , w/ the right shaft combo to get the right launch angle and spin rate...I've seen the smash factor went to a crazy spot.

JOe i have a 9.5

i have a 9.5 tour ft3 with reg nvs - i hit the club very straight but a bit high = thinking of putting fuji fit on 11 six in = stiff = my sw speed 92/94 anybody tried this combo == =thoughts pls :drinks:

I have a 10* draw config. w/ ProLaunch S. This driver is an absolute beast. A monster. It truly is an amazing driver, and I've hit 'em all.

Although I will say this. I think this driver is the hardest to dial in to get the right head/shaft combo to work for you. I realize you can say this about ANY driver but the Fusion is at the top of the list because it's such a low spin head, and the different weight config's make it tough to dial in. But once you get it right, OH MY GOD, it's a beast!

Yes, it makes a funny sound. Yes, it's different. It's not the most forgiving driver. It's 460 but it plays smaller than that. But it's so solid, so stable thru impact. One driver can't do everything well, but this Fusion comes the closest for me. Long, solid, workable and controlable. I'm a club ho to the bone, so I buy/trade and get rid of drivers all the time, but I'm never getting rid of my FT-3. It's a keeper.

Well I hit my longest drive in regulation with this driver. Mine was a Callaway FT 3 Tour 9.5. This drive has tonnes of roll, it is not overly forgiving but thats not an issue for me. I liked it, but the fusion composite stuff will past. I like good ol' titanium drives better like the Cleveland 460, Titleist 983K and TM drivers.