Arccos 360 Shot Tracker

I bought the Golf Shot live a while back and was in love with the idea of tracking all my shots in a round to see my tendencies and where I can improve. Not to mention my true distances. But I hated that I had to constantly tag my club before each shot. I would forget quite often and honestly, it was taking away from my concentration of actually playing golf having to go back and enter in missed shots, etc.

So then I came across the Accros 360 and it has the ability to not have to tag the club. Apparently you keep your phone in your pocket and it works by the sound of the shot or something like that.

anyone have any reviews? Work well? can your phone work being in your back pocket? or does it need to be in your front? any tips or tricks? Gonna get one and play my first round this weekend and wanna make sure it goes well so i have some good information to review afterwards

IG: golfer_scott

Callaway Epic - HZRDUS Black
Cobra F9 3 Wood
Titleist 818 H1 19° Hybrid
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Cleveland RTX4 50°, 54°, 58°
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the first generation of the Arccos system. I have close to 20 rounds recorded in the app already. The sensors screw into the end of the grip and give you about 1/2 inch extension that took some getting used t, it almost felt like I was choking up a little on every club but I am very much used to it now. It does very well at tracking, I have had very few issues and that was mainly because of battery issues. The 360 system is a much smaller profile and seems to be more efficient. If you can find either generation online at a good price it does not hurt to try it out! I love being able to know my shot yardage, strengths and weaknesses of my game and many other stats.

I've had both the Game Golf Live and now the Arccos 360 and the Arccos is much better. Yes, your phone must be in your front pocket and although I originally thought that this might be an issue, it isn't at all. Don't even notice it anymore. I too kept forgetting to tag my clubs and couldn't remember "did I tag my club" so constantly checking to see. The only thing that you'll need to do with the Arccos is add any penalty shots and putt every putt or you'll need to add in the gimmes. Other than that, it's been flawless for me and a much better experience.

DRIVER - PING G430 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G425 7W

HYBRIDS - PING G430 3H

IRONS - PING i230 3-UW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 4.0 54S & 58E

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON SS NEWPORT 2

I got the Arccos 360 for Xmas. I have played 3-4 rounds with it. My biggest issue with the app is that my phone pretty much requires the portable USB charger in my pocket attached to the phone while using the App. It is a big battery drain.

Outside of that the app works pretty well for most of the part. It generally messes up on my number of putts but that is fairly easy to fix at the end of the round.

I use my system with an Iphone 7 plus, I use a little over 20% battery as long as I don't check it constantly. I would typically try and check it after every hole to make sure it caught everything. If you use it as your yardage book lol then you will be fine! I have no issues checking it from time to time

How is the putting on Arccos 360? I had the first generation Arccos and it was not good at picking up my putts (location and number of putts). I had to edit it on pretty much every hole if I wanted an accurate idea of approach shot distance and putting stats.

They have made many updates to the app itself and works flawlessly now. Like I said I had battery sensor issues that forced me to add shots in but besides that I have not faced any issues

MikeDel, go into the settings for the app and make sure to allow mic and camera access. This is assuming an iPhone but should be the same with an android device.

DRIVER - PING G430 LST

FAIRWAY WOODS - PING G425 7W

HYBRIDS - PING G430 3H

IRONS - PING i230 3-UW

WEDGES - PING GLIDE 4.0 54S & 58E

PUTTER - SCOTTY CAMERON SS NEWPORT 2

I just bought this a few days ago and have only had one chance to use it so far. My take:

Preamble:

I'm an Android user, and was a little worried about the issues I heard about with the Android version of the app. I actually received the original Arccos system two years ago when it only worked with iOS and had to return it. I refuse to use Apple products.

I'm currently using a Nexus 6P with stock Android Nougat, latest update, 7.1.2. However, it's quite the phone to lug around in my front pocket for the round, so I've also installed the app on an older Samsung Galaxy S5 running Android Marshmallow 6.0.1.

Setup:

Set up everything on my Nexus 6P, and it worked like a charm. Zero issues with paring any of the sensors.

I have Golf Pride Z-Cord grips, so the butt end is relatively firm and the sensors seem to fit fairly tight. I also use tape (do not use air to put grips on) so there is a bit of tape in the butt end to help hold the sensors in place.

The putter sensor was tricky, because I use a SuperStroke grip with a 50g counter balanced weight. Instead of modifying the sensor, I simply drilled an appropriate sized hole down through the weight. Yes, you'll lose a few grams of weight, but you are adding the sensor onto it. I honestly don't notice any difference in the weighting at all, and the sensor "screws" in just fine.

Use:

Noticed the night I bought the kit that my home course had incorrect information on the app, so I sent an email to Arccos. Within 12 hours they replied and updated the course, which was impressive. Was able to play the next day.

Headed to the course and tried to load the app on the Galaxy S5 and it crashed repeatedly. That said, I also wasn't connected to data at all. As soon as I got a WiFi signal from the clubhouse, it seemed to load fine, and I downloaded my course.

Went out to play and it worked flawlessly, keeping the phone in my front left pocket (right-handed golfer).

No crashes, no missed shots*, and no messed up putts, unless I was fooling around. Editing was relatively easy** on the phone. However, I do check my phone quite often (I've used GolfShot up to this point, so I'm constantly using my phone on every hole and replaying it after holing out). I love being able to move the flagstick to the appropriate location.

The app itself could be more user friendly. I didn't figure out how to "chip" with a putter until after the round. The buttons to edit are a tad small, as well. But those are just familiarity issues.

Issues:

There were a few issues that I noticed.

1) I needed to keep the phone in my front pocket. *I took one shot with it in my back pocket and it didn't register. Easy enough to fix, but honestly, it's annoying for me. I don't particularly like things in my pockets at any time, never mind when I'm golfing. Gonna try a belt clip. Is it a deal breaker? Not really, but I would prefer a better system. I eventually got used to wearing a GPS watch, so I'll survive with this.

2) **Editing some shots on the S5 was weird. There was one hole where I simply couldn't navigate to the green by zooming in or out, so I couldn't edit my putts/flag stick location. However, in reviewing the round on my Nexus 6P, it was fine. Not sure what was up there, but I gave their tech support a heads up. It's manageable, just annoying.

3) The Android app does crash a fair bit on startup, but oddly enough (thankfully) didn't crash at all during the round.

4) The web-based dashboard doesn't show my course at all. I just get a "blank" topographic map placeholder instead of a hole/shot overview, but the stats are there. The "new" dashboard is the same, but it constantly gives me errors regarding fetching my analytics. I don't need it, as it's available on the app, but I'd like to review the round online afterwards. Again, I sent support an email, and we'll see what they have to say, but it is in beta/alpha, so I can only assume it will get better.

Overall:

I'd recommend writing off a round or two to get used to the system. You have to pay a bit of attention to it the first time to figure out how everything works. For the most part, it's hands off if you want it to be. If you follow the directions, it works fairly well.

Going to play again tonight, so we'll see how round two goes.

i used my across for my first round on Saturday. I will say, after just one round I love it. I was most concerned with keeping my iphone 7 plus in my front pocket, but it didnt bother me at all. but i do have a very thin case. if you have a thick one it could be bad? My across only missed one shot all day and was spot on with locations and distances. we were checking it with our other GPS and range finders. i did have 2 penalties and added them, was super easy. I agree with the above, i was probably a bit more distracted on this first round because i had never seen it work and was watching it. but i cant wait to get about 5-10 rounds in here and really look at all my numbers.

here is me on the 18th hole closing out the day... par 5. my best drive of the day (always happens on 18)

Cobra F9 3 Wood
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

I have over 160 rounds in game golf. Just decided to try Arccos and I bought the 360 new. 4 out of 14 tags didn't work out of the box. I have two rounds so far but obviously it doesn't work very well when 4 clubs don't get their shots tracked.

Ping G LS - UST proforce V2 7
Ping G 3 Wood
Apex 18
Srixon 965 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.5
52 Titleist, 60/64 Callaway pm grind
Black Lab BL-2 | Bellum Winmore 707 | Circa 62 #3

I have over 160 rounds in game golf. Just decided to try Arccos and I bought the 360 new. 4 out of 14 tags didn't work out of the box. I have two rounds so far but obviously it doesn't work very well when 4 clubs don't get their shots tracked.

Did those sensors not pair, or did pair and then failed to register shots?

What did their customer support say?

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

Did those sensors not pair, or did pair and then failed to register shots?

What did their customer support say?

They didn't pair to start. Costumer support said 'manufacturing defect.' I will eventually get replacements but after I did overnight shipping to begin with it is sort of a let down. 4 out of 14 is a pretty bad failure rate.

Ping G LS - UST proforce V2 7
Ping G 3 Wood
Apex 18
Srixon 965 4-PW - Project X LZ 6.5
52 Titleist, 60/64 Callaway pm grind
Black Lab BL-2 | Bellum Winmore 707 | Circa 62 #3

They didn't pair to start. Costumer support said 'manufacturing defect.' I will eventually get replacements but after I did overnight shipping to begin with it is sort of a let down. 4 out of 14 is a pretty bad failure rate.

Understand the disappointment and frustration. Have heard of a bad sensor every now and then, but 4.... that is a first. Hopefully you get the replacements fast. I know you will like the system when it is firing on all 14.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Taylormade M2[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Nike Sumo 3w, 5w[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Nike CPR 26*[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW[/size][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Scotty Futura X7M DB[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Precision Pro NX7 Pro[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Arccos Game Tracker[/size][/font][/color]

I was ready to pull the trigger on the 360 but someone mentioned on another tread that the new system's batteries are not user replaceable so after 2+ years you have to buy new sensors. Apparently Arccos will sell a sensor opt-in warranty that would replace sensors as batteries die but they haven't released the price of such warranty as far as I know.

Still doing some research on this..

Nice drive BTW

ive heard the same thing, as well as heard they hold little watch type batteries. i havent really checked into it to be honest. I just figured if it lasts 2 years, and i have to send them in for a week at very worst, that's not that bad.

thanks... my drives were anywhere from 265 to 317... typical was in the 270-280 range. i was a bit surprised at my iron distance though. i hit them all slightly longer than I thought. maybe its because of the weather warming up... but none the less, pretty cool to see it all

Cobra F9 3 Wood
Miura CB-57 4-PW
Custom Edel E-3 Putter

I was ready to pull the trigger on the 360 but someone mentioned on another tread that the new system's batteries are not user replaceable so after 2+ years you have to buy new sensors. Apparently Arccos will sell a sensor opt-in warranty that would replace sensors as batteries die but they haven't released the price of such warranty as far as I know.

Still doing some research on this..

Nice drive BTW

The price of the warranties is posted on their website. And, it looks like you can still purchase a 1st generation system and get the sensors with replaceable batteries. They have both the 1st and 2nd generation systems, and warranties listed on their products page..

I haven't used it with the 6P, yet.

Playing by myself, the S5 used 40% of the battery in 2.5 hours.

Playing in a foursome, over 4 hours, the battery barely made it. To be fair, I forgot to turn on airplane mode in the second round, and I was looking at it a lot between shots.

So, battery drain isn't great. But that's to be expected. For $15, I can get another battery online, or just use a battery charger between holes. Not ideal, but Android has always had that issue.

Well, I've got about four full rounds (plus a few random holes) under my belt, and some cracks are starting to show:

1) Shot direction and lie is often quite off. Arccos will think missed the fairway right when I missed it left. You wouldn't think it's a big deal if you could simply edit it, but the edits don't seem to stick. I review after each hole and edit as necessary. The app reverts to what Arccos originally detected the shot as.

Same with lie. If I'm in a fairway bunker, but it detects it as the fairway, if I change it, it changes back when I review the hole later. No rhyme or reason to when the edits stick. Incredibly annoying.

2) I still get topographical placeholders instead of hole overviews in the web dashboard. They "patched" my home course for previous rounds, but any rounds I've played since they made the patch just show the placeholder. Hard to see the history this way.

At this point, it's an interesting system, but it still seems very buggy. Not sure I'll be keeping it.

I've had Arccos 360 since Christmas, and here's my review after I played a few rounds in Mexico. Short version: I love it, didn't take long to get used to having the phone in my pocket, and the battery drain isn't bad for constantly running a location app for 3-4 hours. Normally see battery go from full charge to 60%, but I've gotten into a habit of carrying a portable charger with me.

Excited to try out the Caddie feature this weekend

Did anyone who has the 360 sensors have a hard time setting them up? I just got them and my phone isn't seeing them

Just going to say i know someone who had about 40% success rate on the tags.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-P Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 48

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO