2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Global Golf rolled me

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent a email with the sale detail and the ping specifications response and I'm going to see how there service holds up. Global golf was recommended from some of the community here and there on the front pace of a used golf club search on google to back up there professionalism and reputation. So I'm hoping for the best.

In between your google research on U grooves, V grooves, Square grooves and where to buy used golf clubs, take a moment to Google these three words, there, their and they're.

Lol good lord. I thought I was the only one who had a hard time reading everything he said........

I've bought plenty of things from GG. I've never had an issue with them. Get a refund, store credit or new grips (lol) and move on.

I ordered a set of Ping G5's, regular flex, red dot from GG a couple of months ago. It turned out the 6 iron was the only iron in R flex (the rest were stiff) and the sand wedge was black dot. I shipped them back in the same box they came in and had a full refund including shipping within a week or so. So that's what I would do, box em up and get your refund if the clubs were not as described.

If you really like the clubs, send them back to ping to change your color code, they will probably tumble them and shine up your shafts, look like new and maybe you will be happy with your purchase.

Callaway Epic Max 10.5 Mitsubishi AVBlue 65 S
Callaway Paradigm HL 3 wood Hazardous Silver 60S
Callaway Rogue ST 5 wood Mitsubishi Tensi Blue AV

Ping I25 4-LW ZZ65 

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 2013

Bridgestone B RX
God Bless America

Stay Free

So I'm unsertain at what I should do . So I recently bought my golf clubs on the 7th . Ping eye 2 square groove . Red dot. Standard length. Zz light in very good condition on globaLgolf website I had a chance to go to the range on Fri day and contacted ping later that night on specifications because the grooves looked off for square. And the grips were beat originals when they stated them to be in 8.5 condition. I thought maybe they were used aftermarket. No pics of exact club when purchased only the genaric ones. My response from ping is here

Our reply: Thank you for your inquiry. Based on the serial number provided the PING clubs were built to the following specification:

Serial Number:9096

Model:EYE2

Club(s):2-9PW

Color Code:BLACK

Swing Weight:D0

Shaft:NZ+

Length:STD

Grip:D-B/W

Status Date:5/9/1983 12:00:00 AM

Enter Date:4/1/1995

Product:IRONS

("U" Groove)

Thanks,

Ryan C

What would you do .im thinking they should regrip or give me a website credit. . Or full return and credit or promo discount with full store credit after return. I can't see myself just sending them back paying for shipping waiting for another set to come buy I want along with my refund with no clubs in hand. I'm very pissed to say the least. Don't go out of your way to call them square groove red dot's and send me these clubs. No research or product check before selling something off for something there not . Am I over dramatic ?

They screwed up ... ask for a refund and send them back. What else do you want them to do?

Since money does not grow on trees in New York, perhaps he wants them to send him a brand new set of i200s for this travesty of false advertising.

Cobra LTDx 10* UST Helium Nanocore 5F3
Cobra LTDx 18.5* UST Helium nanocore 5F3
PXG 0311XF Gen5 19* Hybrid Project X Cypher 5.5
PXG 0311 P Gen5 4-PW True Temper Elevate MP 95G S
RTX-3 50 bent to 51, 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
Scotty Cameron 009 A012056

d5f5e60887c47719976fa8dd2a9dab03.jpg

No notes for this serial number to suggest a color code change at ping

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Just like with a used car the dealer doesn't factor in worn tires to the overall condition of the car; sure if they are bald they will throw some cheap ones on and jack the price up slightly to cover their cost but otherwise you get with what they come with and buy the car knowing they may need to be replaced. Similarly I don't believe GG considers the grip condition when grading clubs, they do give the option for a regrip when you add to cart.

I'd say if you are buying off of representative instead of actual pictures, you should automatically assume the grips may need to be replaced and if they don't then it's a win for you.

OP has the right to be slightly upset. He bought what he was told was one thing and received something different. If the grips were listed as 8.5/10 you would expect them to be use able and for someone on a budget regripping can cost more than the clubs. I would say send them back and keeping looking. The information from Ping should be more than enough to warrant a return.

OP has the right to be slightly upset. He bought what he was told was one thing and received something different. If the grips were listed as 8.5/10 you would expect them to be use able and for someone on a budget regripping can cost more than the clubs. I would say send them back and keeping looking. The information from Ping should be more than enough to warrant a return.

I ordered a ton from GG, and I've never seen a grip condition rating??? I'm looking at the site right now and don't see it, where's this 8.5/10 coming from?

TM M3 - Diamana D+
TM M3 13° - Diamana D+
TM M1 3HL - Diamana D+
Miura ICL-601 18°- Crazy STP
Miura CB 57 - Monaco TX
Miura WS 53° & 59° - Monaco TX
Bettinardi Tour Stock BB1 DASS / Miura KM-005 / Nike Origin B2-01 / TM Kia Ma Daytona / Yes Callie Fc

I ordered a ton from GG, and I've never seen a grip condition rating??? I'm looking at the site right now and don't see it, where's this 8.5/10 coming from?

Was going to post the exact same thing. I've made over a dozen purchases from GG and have never seen a number rating on their clubs let alone their grips. In general when I purchase used clubs (especially older ones) I know I will need to replace the grips.

I believe he meant the over all ratings on the club, and both you and I know that if the grips are worn that should automatically bring the 8.5 down to a 2.5 and the price down an extra 100.

Cobra LTDx 10* UST Helium Nanocore 5F3
Cobra LTDx 18.5* UST Helium nanocore 5F3
PXG 0311XF Gen5 19* Hybrid Project X Cypher 5.5
PXG 0311 P Gen5 4-PW True Temper Elevate MP 95G S
RTX-3 50 bent to 51, 54 bent to 55 DG Ti Onyx S400
Wilson Staff PMP 58* DG S200
Scotty Cameron 009 A012056

I believe he meant the over all ratings on the club, and both you and I know that if the grips are worn that should automatically bring the 8.5 down to a 2.5 and the price down an extra 100.

But that's not how GG rates their clubs...

TM M3 - Diamana D+
TM M3 13° - Diamana D+
TM M1 3HL - Diamana D+
Miura ICL-601 18°- Crazy STP
Miura CB 57 - Monaco TX
Miura WS 53° & 59° - Monaco TX
Bettinardi Tour Stock BB1 DASS / Miura KM-005 / Nike Origin B2-01 / TM Kia Ma Daytona / Yes Callie Fc

Beats me I was just going off the wording he had made it sound like it was listed. Unless the grips are specifically mentioned, like everyone else I would assume they are shot on used clubs.

Exactly how much do they need to reduce the price on a 30 year old set of irons to make you happy? $25.00, $50.00?

If you had such specific requirements for the clubs that you wanted, you should have asked for pictures or the serial number before purchase. Last time I checked, there is a pretty active thread on the site that will get you any information you want about a set of Pings, if you have the serial number.

Did I mention the red paint on the sole of 2 irons.sloppy job I might add. There's bleeding on the paint job as well.very sloppy job.

Now if the header said u grooves black dot turned into red dot by unkown source with original 30 year old grips. Well then I got what I paid for. Huh

Wait a minute... So, there's sloppy red paint on the soles, and there's red paint over the black dot? Is it possible that the previous owner simply paint-filled the heads with red paint, including on the dot, and everything is legit?

What would you folks do if the op made an offer on something you were selling on the forum?

I would have to evaluate they're offer and see if there serious and not some lowball offer. Then I would have to make sure my advertizing was correct and respond quickly to their offer.................

Oh wait, they're message wouldn't get through because of the block/ignore feature on Wrx! :busted_cop:

What would you folks do if the op made an offer on something you were selling on the forum?

I would have to evaluate they're offer and see if there serious and not some lowball offer. Then I would have to make sure my advertizing was correct and respond quickly to their offer.................

Oh wait, they're message wouldn't get through because of the block/ignore feature on Wrx! :busted_cop:

Not bad, but you missed one.

For some reason I was unsertain what to do............

For some reason I was unsertain what to do............

Ewe knead spell czech.

Return them.

I bought a set of r7 tp a while back advertised with Nippon 1050gh shafts. They came with 950s and the 3 iron was a DG missing the label. They took them back no questions asked and refunded me.

Ping G430 10k 9*  Ventus Velocore blue 6x

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

PXG 0211  4i KBS C Taper Lite 115x ss1x

Srixon zx7 mkii 5-7, Z forged ii 8-P KBS C Taper Lite 

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron NP2 Studio Stainless  34"

I have no dog in this fight, but I will say two things: this OPs grammar and punctuation( or lack thereof) is so awful, I barely know what he is talking about. Second, I always get a kick out of lefties who say stores have no lefty clubs and they can't hit them anywhere. Any reasonable store has fitting carts with a variety of LH options, and we are in the thick of demo season. There are demo days all over the place where techs will have every club offered available to demo.

What many lefties mean to say is, " I can't go to a store and find 25 used sets of LH irons for under $200".

Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
Adams Tight Lies 3-16
Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
Vokey SM 09 56
Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"