Callaway Epic Pro Iron In Hand Pics w/ comparison to Apex, PXG's, Srixon & Mizy

easyyy

Played 18 today and they worked real well. Juiced player irons with great feel and looks. Shape and chassis size are perfect and feel is better than Apex. Distance seems hot in the long irons. Scored well and look forward to playing more with them.

They look different and found myself excited to pull them from the bag as I played a shot. Like I was playing with technology today.

If you like the juice of the Apex in a more players package you will like these.

Shot the 4,7 and PW. Did comparison pics as well with other 7 Irons.

7 Iron

4 Iron

Pitching Wedge

Comparison pics with some of others (Epic Pro is always on the left)...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you have the ability to compare these to others, they look REALLY good at address from a size standpoint. I also like how they look in the bag - scream technology!

Slowly growing on me....

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Thanks for the pics! They look ok at address. A bit of a thicker top line than I'd like. Just not a fan of the way they look in the bag. They just don't look premium, in my opinion.

Stealth 2+ 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6x
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15* - Ventus TR Blue 7x
Taylormade Stealth UDI 3 iron - X100
Taylormade P770 4-5 iron - X100

Taylormade P7MC 6-pw - X100
Taylormade MG3 - 50 SB, 56 SB, 60 LB
Taylormade Juno TP long neck

Custom 1/1 Rory Nike Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01

They look much smaller than I anticipated. Thanks for providing the comparison pics. It must just be the badges. They scream GI irons with the aesthetics, but the soles and the top line say otherwise. I'd prefer a more subdued "cavity" (if you can call it that).

I'm just so conflicted on these. They just don't look the part in my book. But, Titleist and PXG took the more conservative look. This definitely is not that, so they stand out for sure.

In the end, the price point is high, and paying that much, I'd expect a better looking club. I realize it's a shallow stance, but that's a lot of scratch to spend on a club. I'd expect to play them for a long time. And these just don't look "timeless". Once the Epic 2.0 comes out next year with a new color way, these will lose that me expensive club feel.

I don't doubt that these will perform. I'm a big fan of Callaway irons (and driver, woods, and wedges for that matter). With that being said, they'd have to be a pretty significant improvement over the Ping i25's I'm playing now. I am looking for something with a sole similar to these, but I'd save 50% + going with a known performer in the more traditional lineup of forged offerings from Mizuno, Titleist, and even Callaway.

Cobra LTDx LS 10.5* w/Kai'Li 70TX
Ping G430 Max 15* w/OG Ventus Blue 7X
Titleist TSR2 7w w/Ventus Red TR 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Bettinardi BB1 w/UST Mamiya All-In Graphite 
Mizuno Copper T22 52, 56, 60 w/MCA MMT 125TX Wedge Shafts
TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

When you have the ability to compare these to others, they look REALLY good at address from a size standpoint. I also like how they look in the bag - scream technology!

Slowly growing on me....

Stop it, D!

These things are $2K? Interesting.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

They look great in size, at address and sole width. The back end looks dated already. For $2K I'd expect a more premium look.

Interested to see the performance of these.

Stealth 2 10.5˚ Ventus TR Red 6-S
Stealth 15˚ Ventus TR Blue 7-S
Stealth 19˚Hy Ventus Blue 8-S
SIM DHY 4 Modus GOST 95
P770 5-PW MMT 105
MG Hi-Toe 3 50˚, 54˚, 58˚ MMT 125
Evnroll ER2v Mid Slant
TP5 Pix
Bushnell Pro X3

Slowly growing on me....

Stop it, D!

These things are $2K? Interesting.

Thinner than the Apex CF16 and better looking at address than the PXG 0311's that people clamor over - what's not to like? The back isn't my favorite, but in "in-hand" photos the carbon does look high end. Am I a fan of the design or the green? Not necessarily. But if I love the business side of things (address) and the tech is there I could certainly be convinced to TRY them. ;)

Epic Flash SZ 9.5* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65X
Epic Flash 15.0* Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75X
Apex '19 20* Fujikura Atmos HB TS Blue 8X
X-Forged UT 21* KBS C-Taper Lite X
Apex CF19 Combo #5-P KBS $-Taper 120
MD4 Raw 50-S/56-X/60-S KBS 610 120
Odyssey MXM-V #7 "Tank" @ 38"
Snell MTB-X / Chrome Soft X Triple Track

Amazing how many people judge clubs on what color they are or the looks of the parts of the club that have nothing to do with performance. Not to mention, ripping a club that they have never hit. Funny.

If aesthetics weren't an issue then why do OEM's do anything more than just stamp their name on the back of a club? If said aesthetics aren't appealing to some, are they not allowed to voice their opinions? If they are asking $2k+ per set, I'd expect better is all. Not saying they won't perform well. They just aren't all that pretty to me.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

This is a good direction. A bit bold but I like the players club with GI tech. It's really something that clubs have been trending towards. For people who don't want shovels but still want all the tech.

Callaway Paradym TD 10* Ventus Red TR 5S

Titleist TSR3 13.5* 3 Wood Tour AD-IZ 6S

Titleist TSR3 19* hybrid Modus GOST S

Titleist TSR2 24* hybrid Modus GOST S

Callaway Paradym Hybrid 27* Ventus non Velocore S

Titleist T100 2023 6-PW KBS Tour V S

Titleist SM8 50, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron X7.5 CS

Amazing how many people judge clubs on what color they are or the looks of the parts of the club that have nothing to do with performance. Not to mention, ripping a club that they have never hit. Funny.

If aesthetics weren't an issue then why do OEM's do anything more than just stamp their name on the back of a club? If said aesthetics aren't appealing to some, are they not allowed to voice their opinions? If they are asking $2k+ per set, I'd expect better is all. Not saying they won't perform well. They just aren't all that pretty to me.

I am not suggesting aesthetics arent important to some. Obviously they are. I am just saying it is amazing that there are that many that base their opinion of a club on things like color, etc. More importantly, ripping a club THEY HAVE NEVER HIT. Whatever, to each his own. Also, people can voice their opinions all they want, as will I.

I am not suggesting aesthetics arent important to some. Obviously they are. I am just saying it is amazing that there are that many that base their opinion of a club on things like color, etc. More importantly, ripping a club THEY HAVE NEVER HIT. Whatever, to each his own. Also, people can voice their opinions all they want, as will I.

I agree with that. I'll obviously reserve final judgement until I hit them. But, at that price point I don't expect to see them in the shop anytime soon.

I'll add, they did a great job keeping it relatively thin. I live the hollow construction concept. I'd just like to see a cleaner badge. Doesn't have to look like the tmb, but something a little more subtle would have been nice.

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

I agree with that. I'll obviously reserve final judgement until I hit them. But, at that price point I don't expect to see them in the shop anytime soon.

I'll add, they did a great job keeping it relatively thin. I live the hollow construction concept. I'd just like to see a cleaner badge. Doesn't have to look like the tmb, but something a little more subtle would have been nice.

I agree on your take. I just want to hit these things and see what they are like. Maybe I have been so happy with the EPIC woods, that I want these to make me that happy as well. lol.

I agree on your take. I just want to hit these things and see what they are like. Maybe I have been so happy with the EPIC woods, that I want these to make me that happy as well. lol.

I definitely agree on the Epic woods. The driver is phenomenal. But, with that said, I didn't like the look of those either. But, with great performance comes great acceptance :)

I learned to live with it then. I'd probably be able to do it again :)

TP5, Z Star XV, CSXLS

:lol:

Personally, what I think is really funny is such obvious exaggerations on your part about others.

I didn't see ANYBODY "judge" these clubs, and certainly NOBODY "ripped" them. They were commenting on various aspects of the clubs, looks and otherwise. But nobody commented on, never mind ripped, the performance. How could they ?

There are some comments about the looks of the clubs and the price of the club - and those comments are fair. Again, no "ripping".

I've been encouraged by the performance of the current Apex irons and they're $150 per. Hard to believe these Epic irons can perform 67% better. And it'd cost me about $300 to replace my G20s and I'm betting I wouldn't be getting a 600% improvement over my G20s from these Epic irons.

I've been out of the country since the Epic Drivers were introduced and can't wait to get back to try 'em. And the release of the new Epic irons, understandably, had also gotten me excited to get back and try them as well. But $250 per ? I'll try 'em but I'd give tremendous odds to anybody that suggests I'd buy 'em at $250 per. (cool)

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

Don't look as bad as I thought they would

Playing position looks nice

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

Thanks for the pics.

It looks uglier than pxg to me.

Titleist                   TSR3 Driver w/GD Tour AD VF 5S
Ping                       G430 3 Wood w/GD Tour AD UB 6S

Ping                       G430 3 Hybrid w/GD Tour AD IZ 85S

Titleist                   T200 4/T150 5-P Irons w/Axiom 105S

Titleist                   48F w/Axiom 105S 54S/60K Wedges w/DG s400

LAB                   Mezz 1 Max Broomstick w/Accra

It must really suck getting to hit all of the new stuff coming out easyyy ?

Driver = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max-D 

3 wood = Callaway Smoke-Ai Max HL

3 Hybrid = Taylormade Stealth Pro
Irons = 4-PW Miura KM 700
Gap Wedge = Miura HB 50*

Sand Wedge = Taylormade MG3 TW 56*

Putter = LAB DF3

Ball = TP5x v’s Chrome Tour 

At address I think they look great. Not to sure on the back of the iron would need to see them in person. I do love they come with stock LZ. Great choice I too have been loving my 6.5 LZ shafts the past year.

Driver: Callaway Paradigm 9.0+ Fujikura Ventus Black 6x
3 Wood: Titleist trs3 15* Fujikura Ventus Black 7x
5 Wood: Titleist trs3 18* Fujikura Ventus Black 8x
Irons: Taylormade P790 4-PW Project X LZ 6.5 
Wedge: Vokey SM9 50, 54, 60 DG S400  
Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5