2024 Houston Open WITB Photos ×

Srixon z565

Jlender21

Went for a trackman fitting tonight and it came down to the 565 and the mizuno 900 forged. I'm really torn between the two as they both felt awesome and significant improvement in distance. Numbers were nearly identical. The only problem is I could only hit the 6 iron. They had a set of mizuno in the golf shop but not the srixons. Curious about what the 565 scoring irons look like from address? A bit bigger than the mizuno? Any significant offset? Thanks!

565s have less offset in the short irons than the 900F. 565s are great sticks!

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, is there any benefit to comboing 565 with 765 short irons? At address, I couldn't tell the difference of the 565 from the 765 in the 6 iron. I'm typically a pretty decent ball striker, playing to an 8 hdicp. Wondering if its worth messing with the different lofts between the two or Just sticking with the 565s? Does the 765 give a more penetrating flight in the short irons? I don't want to hit moon balls with the scoring clubs either if that's what the 565 may promote. Thanks!

Bio Cell +
TEE XCG7 3 wood
Adams DHY 21
Adams CMB 4-Gw
Vokey SM4 54, 58 deg
Odyssey Tank #7

Think I know the answer to this, but for those of you who went from 545 to 565, much difference?

The head (toe) shape of the 565 is a departure from the 545. The toe of the 565 is round, vs the square toe of the 545. The 545 has more weight in the heel, versus weight closer to the toe in the 565.

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

Thanks, is there any benefit to comboing 565 with 765 short irons? At address, I couldn't tell the difference of the 565 from the 765 in the 6 iron. I'm typically a pretty decent ball striker, playing to an 8 hdicp. Wondering if its worth messing with the different lofts between the two or Just sticking with the 565s? Does the 765 give a more penetrating flight in the short irons? I don't want to hit moon balls with the scoring clubs either if that's what the 565 may promote. Thanks!

I really love the short irons in my 565 set. Feel totally confident with them. I play to a 9 and I don't feel like I hit "moon balls" with them at all.

I really love the short irons in my 565 set. Feel totally confident with them. I play to a 9 and I don't feel like I hit "moon balls" with them at all.

Same here. Play to a 6-7 and like the short irons just fine.

Man, I just do NOT love my AP2s ('14s). Can you guys tell me a little more about how the 565 and 765 compare to the AP2s?

I was recently helping my son on the range, and while doing so took some swings with his (my old) Taylormade RAC LTs. Now, the shaft isn't ideal for me, but the heads were just great. They are slightly longer (in the toe-- beyond the scoring lines) than the AP2s, and have a thinner top line. I think the soles are pretty comparable in width, but the RACs just had such better turf interaction. The whole club head felt better. Just more crisp through the grass and ball.

These swings reminded me that I might do better with something more akin to the RACs -- and it sounds like one of the models of Srixons might fit the bill. I'm looking for some more distance and better turf interaction. I'm a 5.5 at the moment, so not the worst iron player in the world. But it'd be great to feel like I'm getting a little more out of my irons, especially when my swing isn't feeling good on a particular day.

I know I'm late to the party, but I've read through this entire thread, and would love to hear some more comments, especially from folks who have some experience with AP2s.

Incidentally, if I went the new-irons route, I'd likely throw my Steelfiber 110s in them (I think I'm done with steel due to elbow pain issues), just in case that helps anyone add to the discussion.

Thanks in advance!

I was finally able to get these out on the course yesterday and man do they perform. The thing that impressed me most was the turf interaction, even for a high handicap like myself I was able to notice a measurable difference almost instantly as my miss is usually fat. My mishits were noticeable but the irons still helped me move the ball further than I deserve. All in all these are my favorite irons I've played and I plan to game them for a long time.

Anyone gaming the Miyazaki shafts? I just ordered a set of the 565 with these shafts because I hit the hybrid so damn well and the utility iron as well. Figured I'll gamble on the shafts.

Yes, I am playing them. I love the Miyazaki shafts, not too light either at 85 grams. Perform well for me.

Callaway Rogue 10.5* Driver
Callaway Rogue 3 Wood
Callaway Rogue 5 wood
Callaway 4/5 Hybrid
Callaway Apex 6-GW
Callaway Mack Daddy 52/56 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Monterey

what I found (with the 545) is that they are heavy heads and without shortening or using the high balance point shafts (like the stock Nippons) the swingweights getting in the d4-d6 range

Titleist TSR2 Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2+ Tour AD DI
Titleist TSR2 18 Speeder 757 Evo V

Mizuno Max Hybrid 22

Titleist T350 6-7

Titleist T200 8-48
Ping Glide 3.0 52,56,60
Scotty Cameron Jet Setter NP2

Just ordered a full set of 565's 4-A with KBS C-taper lite 110 (stiff). Hit a 6i is this setup at my local GG and the turf interaction was amazing, shaft felt very stable and smooth. It was an impulse buy, hopefully I won't regret lol.

You won't. I have the z565 4 iron in CTL X stiff soft-stepped once. The rest of my set is 965, which are a fantastic muscleback.

I was at the range today and pulled out the 4 iron and, I have to say, these 565 heads launch rockets. But the thing is, you don't need to overdo it. Stock, smooth swing and the ball launches.

I enjoy MB clubs but I would like to play a few rounds with a full set of 565s just to see what it's like.

If I were to pick up a full set in the 5 series, I would be happy with the 545 or 565. Shaft is more important difference to me. Both great irons and not much between them.

Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 10.5 w/Diamana TB 60S

PXG GEN6 5 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Yamaha RMX VD 7 wood w/Diamana S-plus 70 stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro hybrid (22) w/Aldila Tour Blue 85 stiff hybrid

Wilson Staff Model CB 5-G w/DG s300 shafts

Edel T grind 54 w/Nippon 125 wedge shaft

Fourteen RM-12 58 w/Dynamic Golds400

Axis1 Rose putter, 34 inches

Anyone gaming the Miyazaki shafts? I just ordered a set of the 565 with these shafts because I hit the hybrid so damn well and the utility iron as well. Figured I'll gamble on the shafts.

Yes, I am playing them. I love the Miyazaki shafts, not too light either at 85 grams. Perform well for me.

Same for me as well. These are my first graphite iron shafts but they are not flimsy at all. A good weight and nice and stable. I'm using the R shafts and I like them quite well.

Just coming home from 10 rounds in Scotland. The 545s performed great. PW and AW bump and runs were outstanding and even dropped a approach from 99 yards with the AW for an eagle. Really happy with them and the RTX3'S were great as well.

How did you find the 545s performed off tight lies? Going to Bandon Dunes in the fall and am told you get a lot of tight lies on those courses. That would seem to argue for a lower bounce iron but I have found the Srixon V-sole to work from any kind of lie. They seem to have a sole that is there to help if you get steep but yet works off any lie.

Just coming home from 10 rounds in Scotland. The 545s performed great. PW and AW bump and runs were outstanding and even dropped a approach from 99 yards with the AW for an eagle. Really happy with them and the RTX3'S were great as well.

How did you find the 545s performed off tight lies? Going to Bandon Dunes in the fall and am told you get a lot of tight lies on those courses. That would seem to argue for a lower bounce iron but I have found the Srixon V-sole to work from any kind of lie. They seem to have a sole that is there to help if you get steep but yet works off any lie.

I thought they were fantastic. I played 6 rounds at Bandon last fall with my J40s and had quite a few fat shots. I honestly don't remember one fat shot in Scotland..

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

I thought they were fantastic. I played 6 rounds at Bandon last fall with my J40s and had quite a few fat shots. I honestly don't remember one fat shot in Scotland..

Music to my ears. I love my Srixons. I only have the one 565 (4 iron) with the rest of the set in 965s (which I would put up against any competitor's muscleback in playability, just a fantastic iron that feel so fun to hit.)

If I could figure out a way to better combo in a few more 565s, even if I need to bend a few clubs, I'd add a 5 and 6 iron, possibly a 7. Hard to pass up easy-hitting mid irons. Or I could just finish the 565 full set or pick up a used 545 set (I see minor differences between them) as my winter-time/back from long layoff set. I really see the 965 as an advantage in the scoring irons and love the soles of that model. I hit a stock 8 iron from 150-155 and that's all I want. But 565/965 is a tougher combo to make than some sets because the same lofts in a 565 will go longer than that loft in a 965 (or a 765). I've probably got a 15 yard gap or more between my 4 and 5 irons. I could solve that by weakening the 4 by 2 degrees if I dont add more 565s.

But can't say enough good things about Srixon equipment. I even like the look of that ripple-soled 565 driver. It is cool looking in a simple, clean way.

Is it a coincidence that I had my first hole in one within a month of starting to play these irons? Landed a 4 iron within 8 inches of the hole from 193 yards out and it hopped into the hole during my round yesterday. The crazy thing is that I wasn't that surprised--I hit so many good shots with these clubs that I expect good things to happen. So much fun to play.

Is it a coincidence that I had my first hole in one within a month of starting to play these irons? Landed a 4 iron within 8 inches of the hole from 193 yards out and it hopped into the hole during my round yesterday. The crazy thing is that I wasn't that surprised--I hit so many good shots with these clubs that I expect good things to happen. So much fun to play.

haha that is really nice. did you contact Srixon for that? I know they do something if you hole in one with their clubs

That is really cool. Golf is so strange. I have made two aces in my career -- they came within a month of each other about 10 years ago.

You now know, no matter how you are playing, it is not the clubs!

• 2 weeks later...

These keep getting better and better. Almost got my first ace (missedby 2") the first round out with these a few weeks ago, Yesterday I holed out for eagle from the rough from 106 with the AW. Strangely both shots were with the AW lol

I ended up ordering a second set with the Modus stiff vs the regs in my other set. Now I have a backup.

These keep getting better and better. Almost got my first ace (missedby 2") the first round out with these a few weeks ago, Yesterday I holed out for eagle from the rough from 106 with the AW. Strangely both shots were with the AW lol

I ended up ordering a second set with the Modus stiff vs the regs in my other set. Now I have a backup.

How do you find the scoring irons, particularly the AW with the Z565? Is gapping/distances consistent? One concern of mine versus the Z765.

Taylormade M3 8.5* Driver
Callaway Apex 20* Hybrid
Taylormade UDI 2-Iron
Taylormade P760 4-AW w/ PX 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 55*/60*
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mil-Spec

How do you find the scoring irons, particularly the AW with the Z565? Is gapping/distances consistent? One concern of mine versus the Z765.

I don't have ton of rounds in yet, but I haven't seen any major gapping issues with AW. Typically hit it 110 and PW 120-125. Through the rest of the set I have gained 5-7 yards/club over my CF16s, but that could be due to shafts as well. Consistent gaps through the set. The great thing about these is they hold greens much better for me vs the CF's. I'm assuming its extra spin created from the milled faces although I have never been on a monitor to check spin rates.

Stop contemplating and buy them!!!

My son, who's in his 20s and perfectly strong and fit, though not a fast swinger and doesn't play often, just did an iron fitting in Prague. Seems like it was a good shop with a wide range of stock. He eliminated several irons along the way, such as the new MI. His final two were Z565 and CF16 Forged. He liked them about equally, but gave the nod to the CF16 on forgiveness, distance and playability. It was close.

He liked the Z565 but felt that they were slightly beyond his present ability. So far the CF16s have been working out nice, but he's not sure of the XP shaft in Reg. He feels he needs a little more height. I've always read that the CF16s play a little low, and I can see how a higher launching shaft in Reg. might help. I was wondering Nippon 950GH or KBS Tour 90.

I just got my 565 4-aw in yesterday. I had an outdoor trackman fitting and ended up with dgs300 shafts.

They look really nice. Maybe a little big for some but I was shocked that they have a thinner top line and sole at the toe of the club than my i25's. they are a touch thicker in the sole near the heel. Otherwise they are similar heel to toe length.

I'm going to the range to see if I wasted a lot of $$