Finish this sentence...."You know you're in for a long day when..."

Medic

When you're not that great of a player and you birdie the first hole... if you've been there you just plain know what I mean... :nea:

On a similar note, when the first tee shot of the day with no warm up is a beautiful 5 yard draw about 260, you know it's all going to go downhill from there.

Golf is such a head game that after hitting that shot, you try to suppress that thought, and then you become aware that you are trying to suppress that thought, and then you're done. Actually you usually end up with one of those frustrating rounds that could have been really good, but ends up as a OK meh round.

When my first drive goes high and right and my reload goes low and left.

When I duck out of work to play early morning and get paired up with someone whose clubs, bag, shoes, towel, tees, and car are 10 years older than me.

Why in the world would you care how old somebody else's clubs, bag, shoes, towel, tees and car are? How could that possibly effect you?

Well in my case it means they are a retiree and despite looking like a desiccated mummy and apparently struggling to even lift the club will probably out drive me by fifty yards and barely even glance at a putt before knocking it down in one. From ten yards away.

At least it means some great conversations - love those guys :)

.. You are handed the scorecard for 9-hole league night and your opponents have more dots than a leopard has spots.

When the three randoms you are playing with all decide to play from the blues because you are. I didn't jugde until after the first few holes and they were without a fairway hit.

Yup, which is why I try to prejudge at least a little. I have on rare occasion elected to play from the senior tees instead of dragging the others back with me.

You're a 0 handicapper and you get paired with 3 hacks that laugh at each other every time they hit a bad shot.

When you get paired up with the "scratch" golfer who gets annoyed when I'm having fun with my buddies.

It effects the zero playing with hacks more than it effects the hacks playing with a zero. I'm not a zero, I'm a 7. I played a nice course with buddies, who are all hacks, after 4 1/2 hrs looking for their balls in hazards and deep rough I lost interest. It took us 5 hrs to play and I'm gonna guess they donated 2 dozen balls to that course

Trust me, from experience. It doesn't help the hacks to know that the "good golfer" is super annoyed by watching him roll his eyes, sigh loudly and mutter under his breath each time a ball goes into the woods. I'd say that a 7 handicap is much more equipped to deal with some slower play, than a hack is equipped to deal with pressure from a better player to speed it up and "STOP HITTING ERRANT SHOTS"

You're a 0 handicapper and you get paired with 3 hacks that laugh at each other every time they hit a bad shot.

When you get paired up with the "scratch" golfer who gets annoyed when I'm having fun with my buddies.

It effects the zero playing with hacks more than it effects the hacks playing with a zero. I'm not a zero, I'm a 7. I played a nice course with buddies, who are all hacks, after 4 1/2 hrs looking for their balls in hazards and deep rough I lost interest. It took us 5 hrs to play and I'm gonna guess they donated 2 dozen balls to that course

Haha that's how I feel!

Trust me, from experience. It doesn't help the hacks to know that the "good golfer" is super annoyed by watching him roll his eyes, sigh loudly and mutter under his breath each time a ball goes into the woods. I'd say that a 7 handicap is much more equipped to deal with some slower play, than a hack is equipped to deal with pressure from a better player to speed it up and "STOP HITTING ERRANT SHOTS"

I don't disagree that there is an effect on both types of players. But the hack isn't suddenly going to become a great player and pick up the pace.

The scratch is going to be out of rhythm from the get go. As I mentioned before, my buddies had no business on that course they were in the hazard on every hole. I held it together for about 12 holes. Then it was difficult to focus on anything other than getting the hell off the course

Cobra King F6 (set on 9* penetrating)
Aeroburner Mini Driver 14*
Wilson Staff 19.5*
Nike Forged Pro Combo 4-PW
Maltby Wedges 50-54-58

Haha that's how I feel!

'scratch' or low handicap golfers should be prepared to play loosely or badly when playing with buddies who suck. one day you'll find yourself with good golf scores on your tiny piece of paper but no friends to share it with.

When you're good you can turn it down and have fun for the day (as many of the pros do on vacation...you think they shoot 60 in their board shorts on 'guys weekend'?) but if you suck you can never 'turn it up'.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + CQ6 / MVRKTC 15° + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

If you're a zero joined up with true hacks, you just need to put your clubs on a push cart and enjoy the show. And remember that you don't walk in front of anyone even a little bit. Don't worry, your worst round of the year will still be one of the best rounds these guys have ever seen. So laugh and have fun. And hackers, keep being yourself, you guys truly love the game of golf for some crazy reason:)

but if you suck you can never 'turn it up'.

I disagree. One of my regulars for a weekend round would shoot 120'ish at many courses on an average day. He 'turns it up' by knowing that he sucks (in the scoring sense) and adjusting his play accordingly. No practice swings, minimal searches for potentially lost balls, taking the distance when he knocks one OB etc. If we are playing a tougher course he is also agreeable to playing a hybrid set of tee's so the course plays a little shorter for him. There are plenty of ways for a hack to 'turn it up'.

3 hacks in one group is a bad idea unless the course is near empty. I have been the 4th in that group and it has been painful. Rushing my game and eventually them to try to get back on pace.

All that being said I have played with some lower handicappers that if you got 3 of them together it would be very painful being their 4th player.

If you're a zero joined up with true hacks, you just need to put your clubs on a push cart and enjoy the show. And remember that you don't walk in front of anyone even a little bit. Don't worry, your worst round of the year will still be one of the best rounds these guys have ever seen. So laugh and have fun. And hackers, keep being yourself, you guys truly love the game of golf for some crazy reason:)

Even after they have hit don't walk in front of them. You never know when they might opt to drop another and take a whack. Could be a "Mulligan". Perhaps they think they lost it on the last shot. But just because they hit the ball isn't the all clear for you to proceed. Playing with a group of newer players (sounds nicer than hacks) can be entertaining. My job fit me well because of my Type A, "fix things now and take chances" personality. But I'd rather go into a burning trailer filled with ammo and surrounded by propane cylinders than wonder in front of hack hitters. Those guys are dangerous!

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

When your playing a tourney and your riding partner realizes where your at and suddenly thinks they have to tell you about it and "help" you the last 4 holes of the round, only to blow up the last 4 holes because of them. And go from 1st to 2nd place because of it :(

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (11.5d) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - UST Lin-Q M40X Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Project X Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Aldila Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO MP 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi Rev 2.0 

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

You and your partner are paired up with a music blasting, beer guzzling, scream across the fairway to other golfers, all they can talk about is the women they wish would date them duo.

And you didn't even mention what they do when the cart gal comes around. But of course she is probably lovin it because they are likely to tip larger if they are buzzed and think they have a chance. Then again I guess that's the makings of another thread.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

You and your partner are paired up with a music blasting, beer guzzling, scream across the fairway to other golfers, all they can talk about is the women they wish would date them duo.

And you didn't even mention what they do when the cart gal comes around. But of course she is probably lovin it because they are likely to tip larger if they are buzzed and think they have a chance. Then again I guess that's the makings of another thread.

Tru dat!

I know I started this thread and already posted one but - THIS FITS!!!!!

You know it's going to be a long day when...

you are a GolfWrx moderator, Tiger gets into trouble, and you see a thread started on the subject.

Thanks Mods. Your efforts are appreciated - stated it in the TW thread. Just had to add this!

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

This happened to me years ago. One of the guys in the group ahead of me had this handmade golf ball holster on his belt that held 3-5 balls. Sure enough he had to reload on each and every damn tee shot. It was on an executive 18. The round took over 6 hours ... on a damn executive!!

Epic Speed 9* (VeloCore Blue 6S))

SIM2 Ti 15* (Tour AD BB 6SR)

Apex UW 17* (stock HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 5.5)

0311XP Gen3 4-PW (Accra 90i S)

RTX ZipCore 52* Mid (DG Tour Issue)

SM9 58-10S (DG)

HiToe 64* (HiRev 2.0)
Eleven CS

Any urethane “X” ball

When the group in front lets the green clear on a par 5 before teeing off. Then proceed to tee off and no one in the group gets one out there over 200.

To add to this:

When every single one of them takes 10 practice swings then tops it 20 yards and repeats the whole process. And when they finally do hit one all four of them just stand there watching it until it's come to a complete stop.

Then they drive 2 yards to the next guy's ball and the entire process repeats for the next guy...

When Mrs. Pelz utters the romantic phrase, "My mother will be here in an hour."

Long day....

Long weekend....

Long week.

Guess it all depends on how long they are planning on staying, huh DP?

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

When Mrs. Pelz utters the romantic phrase, "My mother will be here in an hour."

Long day....

Long weekend....

Long week.

Guess it all depends on how long they are planning on staying, huh DP?

A day with that battleaxe sweetheart seems like a year in the dentist's chair.

Atilla would never call her Hun.

Try the veal...and don't forget to tip the bar staff.

When your back hurts on the first tee.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

When your back hurts on the first tee.

Thanks....

My back hurts now just thinking about that sort of pain starting on the first tee.

Usually it's a really nice course with perfect weather, no crowds, and the range time indicated all system were go too. At least in my experience.

That's why I have deep heatem rub, Advil, and a brace in my bag.

Growing old(er) sucks. But it beats the alternative.

Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

... when your alarm doesn't go off Saturday morning, you are running late and still have to stop by the ATM to pick up some cash, show up at the course and see your playing partners waiting on the first tee. You then realize halfway down the second fairway you didn't didn't have time to make your morning "movement", and it becomes a losing race against time. First a golf towel disappears, next you are wondering which headcover may get sacrificed.

WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank